alusion (because the world ne...

By sallivocus-bleu

IM BACK BABY!! READER BEWARE: this shit contains stuff I wrote in MIDDLE SCHOOL. Read from the newest update... More

* don't leave
dancing with you
*electricity
*nightmares
Pet on Lap
Win in Death
Witch
Witch (2)
All That's Left (1)*
All That's Left (2)
birthday
torn away
Reverse Alusion
Truth or Dare
Proposal
Locked Away
The Span of a Kiss
paRt oF yoUr woRLd
* drunken confessions
* exhaustion
666
(1)A Life to Remember
A Life to Remember (2)
A Life to Remember (3)
A Life to Remember (4)
A Life to Remember (6)
A Life to Remmeber (7)
A Life to Remember (8)
A Life to Remember (9)
A Life to Remmeber (11)
Anniversary
Remember?
altr q
!!!!!
Truly?
teach me to love
Magic
gladiolus
heart
for who you are
--important a/n
quiet (nsfw)
happy birthday (nsfw)
Woo! (A/N)
drunk
Bullshit and Love

A Life to Remember (5)

143 8 16
By sallivocus-bleu

i didn't forget to add this on oop-
category: series
word count: 1547

The ingredients and necessities needed for the ritual took months to acquire.  Vexana only told him what was needed, not one did she give to him.  Some of the items were only found in the Abyss--the majority, really--so his stay in the dark realm went on longer than he had planned.  Not that he minded.  Anything and everything for Alucard.  His stay there only worsened the curse--he could feel it inside of him, feel the dark magic responding to the darkness surrounding him, to the ground it tread on.  The demon attacks continued to happen, yet majority were just low-levelled demons, compared to the higher levelled demons that had been more frequent before he had visited Vexana's.  Gusion paid it no mind and instead focused on gathering the items, glad to barely expend any energy on killing them.

Finally, the items needed from the Abyss had been gathered.

Gusion couldn't help but wonder if anyone in the Empire gave a shit about his disappearance.

He doubted it.

Nonetheless, he trekked his way out of the Abyss and back into his realm--he'd never been so damned glad to see the sun before.  No, he had been, but that had been with...

He kept on walking.

His way to the Moniyan Empire's capital city was a breeze if one were to compare it to his time in thr Abyss.  Though surprised, the majority of people knew who the Holy Blade was, even with the tattered cloak he wore over his usual clothes.  It was a parting gift from Vexana, in her words, because he'll need it.  The deal made merely minutes beforehand offered no doubt to the mage.  Thus, he had placed the grey item over his shoulders, lifting up the hood over his head, cowl shadowing his face, and had continued to wear it the same way on his journey, only lowering it when needed for facial recognition.  Such times were at the wall borders, needing verification of his humanity; using his face and identity as an easy pass; and others, one of such being his current situation: getting into the capital city's castle to talk to Tigreal.

It was surprisingly easy--go missing for a few months and the people looking for you will shove the majority of their stuff away to make sure you're actually alive.

The doors towards Tigreal's office were a dark oak; black hinges holding the arching doors.  Gusion was pretty sure he'd heard Tigreal grumble about how they were too extravagant before; it made sense, considering how Tigreal much preferred the battlegrounds towards to a study.

Gusion didn't bother walking in--a servant hadn't already gone in and informed Tigreal of him already, anyways.  The doors, obviously, were much more sturdier than Vexana's were and didn't creak upon opening.  Nevertheless, Tigreal turned to face him as the doors opened, turning away from the window he'd been looking out from.  His gaze searched the mage up and down, hefting out a sigh as his shoulders slightly sagged in relief.  "You're alive."  He fully turned around to face Gusion, turning his body away from the window.  "Close the door, would you?"  He asked, to which Gusion replied; turning around and closing the doors behind him before facing Tigreal again.  A brief silence settled between them.  Then, Tigreal spoke, "Where've you been, Gusion?"

"Where I was doesn't matter, but what I propose does."  Gusion stated, evading the question Tigreal had asked.  He was unwilling to share the contents of his trip.  Not yet, at least.  Sucking in a breath, eyes cold and solemn, Gusion got straight to the point.  "I know how to bring Alucard back."

Tigreal tensed.  Slowly, he started, "Gusion.  It has been months.  I know it has been hard on you, but-"

"Necromancy."  Gusion interjected, ignoring Tigreal's words as he stepped forward, bringing out a book from his sack and placing it down on Tigreal's desk.  It was old, tattered, and its title was written in an elder tongue.  Gusion kept his eyes on Tigreal as the leader's gaze shifted down towards the book, Gusion's hand splayed on its top.

"No."  Tigreal's refusal was swift, his voice steel.  "You have to accept the fact that Alucard-"

"You have no right to tell me that!"  Gusion yelled out, his voice rising.  He took in a breath, calming himself and his tone.  He needed this.  And he would damn sure convince Tigreal this was needed as well.  "If.. If you had the chance to bring back someone you loved, would you not?"  He asked, pleading with Tigreal.  He was met with silence, Tigreal's cold gaze up and meeting his.  "Would you not?!"

Tigreal shook his head.  "Gusion-"

"If you won't do it for me, at least do it for your beloved Empire, do it for the future of the Abyss falling, do it for the vanquishing of all demons."  Gusion tilted his head to the side, giving a slight pause before adding on, "After all, you sacrificed Alucard's parents for that last one, didn't you?"

Tigreal's face contorted into one of rage.  "Get out."

"No."

"Gusion, I swear on the God of Light if you do not--"

"What, Tigreal?"  Gusion asked, a sneer on his face.  "You'll throw me into the Abyss?  I've already been there.  For months.  I've slaughtered demon after demon, been relentlessly attacked day and night.  Any threat relating to the Abyss has no affect on me." 

"What?"  Surprise, confusion, bewilderment appeared on the general's face.

"How do you think I got this book, Tigreal?  Just found a book on Necromancy in the Moniyan Empire?"  A bark of laughter left Gusion.  "The items necessary from the Abyss, too.  I've got almost everything needed ready, there are just a few more items-"

"I forbid such--"

Gusion's hand swiftly rose up, hand clenching onto the collar of Tigreal's shirt.  Forcefully, he yanked the general in, teeth clenched.  "I have spent months.  Months.  In utter despair.  Alucard was my life, our futures were intertwined.  He deserved to live a happy life.  That chance was ripped away by you when you sent him on a mission with an error in its description.  His death not only weighs on my shoulders, but yours as well, Tigreal.  And, now?  Now your beautiful empire is suffering from that loss."  Tigreal opened his mouth to reply, but was cut off by Gusion.  "Don't.  I will not listen to any lies spewing out of your mouth, any refusal.  I've not only heard it, but I've seen it.  I've seen the villages burning, seen the corpses littered in ransacked villages.  You cannot deny it, Tigreal, the loss of Alucard has grandly affected the Moniyan Empire."  Gusion hated this, talking as if Alucard was an item, something that's only looked upon for its worth, but if it was what it'd take..  anything for Alucard.  Anything for him back.

Tigreal was silent, eyes locked onto Gusion's, an intensive stare between them.  Steel versus fire.

In the end, the fire always wins.

"If.. If we are to do this, we need a high skilled mage-"

"Done.  I'm a Paxley.  Magic courses through my veins--I'm the perfect combination of might and magic after all."  Gusion interjected, fighting back a victorious grin as he let go of Tigreal's shirt, leaning backwards.

"Are you sure that you're-"

"Yes."

Tigreal shot a glare at Gusion.  "I am getting annoyed with your interjections."

Gusion glared back.  "I'm getting annoyed with your moronic statements."

Tigreal sucked in a breath, bringing up a hand and pinching the bridge of his nose and closing his eyes as he calmed himself down.  "I am only trying to be prepared.  Please refrain from insulting me."

"Fine."

"Thank you."  The general sighed.  "What are the repercussions for.. this?"  He gestured to the book, apparently not wanting to admit to using necromancy.

"For me?  Nothing I'm not unwilling to deal with."  Gusion answered, but added on, "For Alucard?  There's.. high chances he'll have partial, if not complete amnesia."  Before Tigreal could interject like he had done so many times to the other beforehand, he quickly added on, "It's not set in stone.  His memories can be retained, and I'll do my damned best to make sure of it.  Besides.. I have a little incentive on me to do such--not that I wouldn't have tried to do so otherwise.."

Another sigh left Tigreal.  "Dare I even ask what it is?"

Gusion merely shrugged.  "Information doesn't come freely here, let alone in the Abyss.  I'll tell you more about it once my work is done.  It's insignificant otherwise."

"Alright, then.  Fine by me.  When do you plan on doing this?"

"As soon as possible.  Couple of days, a week ar most."

"Three weeks."  Tigreal firmly stated.

"But-"  Gusion's refusal was cut off.

"I have arrangements to make for this, Gusion.  A dead Demon Hunter doesn't just become alive again out of no where."  There was no way of convincing Tigreal out of his mindset.  Gusion gritted his teeth.

"Fine.  Three weeks."  He settled, arms crossed.  "Is there anything else you'd like to add?"

"..No.  That is all."  Tigreal stated.  "You may leave."

Gusion nodded, grabbing the old book, turning, and leaving.

Three weeks.

Three more weeks until he got Alucard back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.2K 292 19
This book has been deleted twice, this is the second time I'm reuploading it. THIS BOOK WILL CONTAIN SMUT. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
7.4K 112 20
hellaaauw // originally I made these in a Google doc, but seeing alot of people makes phighting oneshot, I wanna try too! ;; RQ is NOW OPEEENNN...
533K 12.4K 79
I wrote this in 2018 when I was younger, so the writing is terrible and I had no clue what I was doing. Read at your own risk, I guess.
12K 367 35
For y'all who are like me and want to see out favorite characters love each other. Mostly LAMS but there will be other Gay ships like Mullette and Je...