Mint Green With Envy (Ray!Sae...

By XxBlack_ThornxX

(Angst warning) I had nothing, until I met him. I didn't have a job, I didn't have money, I had absolutely no... More

Some Things You Need to Know
Prologue
Chapter 1- His Princess
Chapter 2- The Climbing Rose
Chapter 3- The Beginning
Chapter 4- Mc
Chapter 5- Believer A306
Chapter 6- Denial
Chapter 7- The Savior
Chapter 8- Never Mine
Chapter 9- Interrupted Vows
Chapter 10- A Bittersweet Alliance
Chapter 11- If Only You Knew
Chapter 12- The Enemy of my Enemy
Chapter 13- Plan B
Chapter 14- Strange Encounters and Questionable Goodbyes
Chapter 15- A Sweet Yet Salty Surprise
Chapter 16- Shock and Disbelief
Chapter 17- Sorrowful Reminiscing
Chapter 18- A Last Stand
Chapter 19- All For Nothing
Ending 1- Comforting Silence
Chapter 20- A Burst of Rage
Chapter 22- Self Solitude
Chapter 23- A Desperate Plea
Chapter 24- Compassionate Empathy
Chapter 25- Interrogation
Chapter 26- A Possible Alliance
Chapter 27- Haunted Memories
Chapter 28- In Someone Else's Shoes
Chapter 29- Split
Chapter 30- Leave
Chapter 30.5- Stay
Chapter 31- Somber Heartbeat
Chapter 31.5- For a Split Second
Chapter 32- A Warm Welcome
Chapter 32.5- Pieces of an Unknown Puzzle
Chapter 33- A Blossom of Hope
Chapter 33.5- Plans for the Future
Chapter 34- Punishment Calls
Chapter 34.5- Midnight Offer (Part 1)
Ending 2- A Perfect Night
Chapter 35- A Tea Party for Two
Chapter 34.5- Midnight Offer (Part 2)
Ending 3- A Final Chance
Chapter 35- Trust
Chapter 35.5- Impossible Appologies
A Gift and a Dove (Holiday Special)

Chapter 21- An Anguished Flee

1.4K 113 54
By XxBlack_ThornxX

(Y/n)'s P.O.V.

Those words echoed through my brain.

Then why don't you leave?

Those five words stabbed me over and over. I stared at the door as it slowly shut and listened as his footsteps slowly disappeared in the distance.

Then why don't you leave?

A single tear fell from my eye as those words repeated over and over.

Then why don't you leave?

Why don't you leave?

You leave?

Leave...

.... Fine then...
I thought to myself, as the tear fell from my chin.
I will.

Snapping out of my sadden state I stomped over to the door, twisting the knob I threw the door open before storming out.

Stomping through the halls I made my way back to the room I had been staying in, where, for hours on end I would slave away, doing activity, after activity, without the light of the sun...
without a break.

Protecting a place that I called home.
Protecting a place that never wanted me after all.

I ripped open the door to the room and badged in.

Rushing over to the small twin-sized bed, I opened the laptop which I had been typing away on and opened the camera files. Selecting them all I turned everyone off. Put a lock on it.
Then deleted the whole software altogether.

After all I'd done... this is how I'm repaid? I asked myself as I slammed the laptop shut. Ever since I had stepped foot in Mint Eye, day in and day out, I would work non stop, depriving my body of sleep.

Fine then. If Ray doesn't want me anymore, and I'll be doing slave work for the rest of my life, I guess I'll take your advice.
I thought as I lifted the laptop over my head.

"I'll leave," I said, throwing the laptop to the ground, shattering it into small pieces.

Storming out of the room I bolted down the corridor. Quickly glancing out the window I took notice of the pitch dark sky outside, however, the halls were lit up by the various lights that were on.
It was not past curfew time so the lights had not yet gone off, which meant that if I wanted to escape there'd only be one way of doing so.

With ease I made my way to the development room and managed to hack into it, allowing me to open the door. As the door slowly opened I quickly looked around to make sure Ray was nowhere in sight.
And lucky for me, he was nowhere to be found.

Making my way over to Ray's desk I noticed something that surprised me. I was expecting to see my belongings, as well as my computers, gone by now. I figured the Savior would have disposed of them by now, however, they were still sitting there, just as I had left them.

I should grab a few things. I thought to myself as I grabbed ahold of an old backpack I kept next to my desk. Throwing it onto the desk, I unzipped it and placed my laptop into it, before zipping it back up, throwing the black bag over my shoulder, and walking to Ray's computer.

I typed in the password, ***********, and the screen unlocked. I quickly scanned around for what I was looking for and quickly found it. I unlocked all the doors to Mint Eye, and right as I did, loud sirens began to scream around me, the lights turning a blood red.
My eyes darted around the room in shock, and the sudden alarms.

"crap." I cursed under my breath as I ran over to the circuit breaker, located across the room from Ray's desk.

I ripped the metal cover off of it and flipped the main switch, only for it to do nothing. Letting out a groan I reached into my pocket and pulled out a pocket knife, which I used to cut the wires. First the green one, which did nothing, then the red one, which also did not deactivate the sirens, then the black one.

Silence.

Pitch black darkness.

It didn't take too long for my eyes to adjust, but once they did I booked it.

I ran over to the door and slid it open, but right as I was about to leave I noticed something out of the corner of my eye. It was an open drawer that stored various chemicals that was used to create the Elixir of Salvation. Glancing back to the open door then back to the drawer, he'll need them... I thought to myself before running over to it.

I threw my backpack off and placed it onto the floor, before tossing the glass vials in which contained various chemicals into my backpack, zipping it back up and running out of the open door.

Sprinting at full speed down the hallway I knew that I only had a few minutes if I wanted to escape, and my window of time was slowly dwindling.

As I ran through the halls I, surprisingly, hadn't run into any believers, yet. However, it seemed that my luck had just run out.

"You there!" I heard someone shout, "STOP!" Ignoring their screaming I continued to run down the hall, hearing in the back of my head, their footsteps trailing, not too far, behind me.

Making a few sharp turns I quickly made it to my destination. A large glass door which led to the garden. The same door that I used to help others escape, I would now escape out of myself.

Quickly pressing the bar to open the door I tried to open it but to no avail.
It didn't work.
Someone must have locked it from the outside.
My eyes widened as I heard the footsteps behind me grow closer and closer, but there were even more of them now. My heart began to pound out of my chest as I stared at the door.
I was so close to my escape, so close to freedom.
NO! I mentally shouted punching the glass.
I'm so close.
I can't stay here.
I don't want to stay here.
I want to leave!
I want to be free!
Both intense feelings of anger and fear boiled in my stomach as I pressed my fist against the glass door. I was too close to give up, and if I was caught the Savior would surely end my pathetic existence right where I stood. Without thinking I backed up, my hand clenching into a fist as pictures of Ray began to flash through my mind. All the times I had helped him, all the times I had sacrificed something for him, and for what?
Suddenly my thoughts seemed to clear, the memories began to vanish, and all of a sudden one image stood out. Ray's smile.
Everything I did, everything I gave just to see that smile. And I never once made him happy. My presence didn't make him happy. All I had given up for that smile, never made him happy.
Never.
One word appeared in my head as that smile stared me down. One word....
useless...
That one word that I hated more than anything....
useless...
The one word I always believed I wasn't... I began believing.
Maybe I really was useless.
Squeezing my eyes shut I suddenly felt my body begin to move on its own as I launched my fist towards the glass door and to my surprise, the glass shattered.
And as the glass fragments fell to the ground, some of them managed to scratch against my already injured hands. Ignoring the pain of my now, even more, sliced up hand, lifted my foot up and began to kick the glass in to further expand the hole in the glass door. As the shards hit the ground they let out sharp crash sounds.

Behind me, I heard someone call out, "GET THEM!" before heavy footsteps echoed towards me. I took my backpack off and held it in my hands, as I crawled through the hole I had just created.

As I walked through the crunching on the glass underneath me made me cringe, and as I was about to stand up to keep running I felt the back of my robe get pulled back, making me fall backward.
"Unlock the door quickly! I got them!" I heard the person behind me say as I heard someone digging through their pockets. Panicking I began to look around for something I could use to escape, but there was only one way I could see that would allow me to be free, however doing so, it would give away my identity.
But they'd find out one way or another.
Reaching downwards I grabbed onto the black and gold fabric which dangled from around my waist. Yanking on it as hard as I could I burst away from the door as well as the believers.
"Ms. (Y/n)?" I heard the believer ask as I tumbled down the stairs, clutching onto my backpack.

I shook it off the fall, quickly got up, and ran as fast as I could.

Trampling through the garden, not caring what I stepped on, I ran. I ran as fast as My legs would carry me.
Away from Mint Eye.
Away from the pain and sorrow.
Away from my memories.
Away from the Savior, and away from
Ray.

.

.

.

I ran, not once looking back.

_____________________________

Word Count: 1575

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.4K 1.9K 40
[# 88 in TEEN FICTION on 14/3/18.] [#5 in angerissues on 10/05/2018] COMPLETED!!! No matter where you come from, your dreams are always valid. RULE 1...
1.1K 84 13
1st book of Raabata series~ "𝐑𝐚𝐚𝐛𝐭𝐚 - 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐮𝐧𝐞𝐱𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐧." _____________________________ How that One encounter changed these...
16K 910 75
"ℍ𝕚𝕤 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕦𝕟𝕖𝕟𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕚𝕤 𝕒𝕝𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕚𝕒𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘....." ★★★ AARYANSH × ISH...
158K 7.1K 41
*Sequel to Mystic Life* 1 year... One whole year has passed since that day you found out the truth about the RFA members. That you were just a tool t...