Heart buried treasures

By pinkycool012

Highest rankings- #3 in spiritual. #1 in compassion. Faaiz hasnayn is a fa... More

Heart buried treasures
Chapter One:Anger and Frustration
Chapter Two:promises and Proposals
Chapter Three:Introduction and Revelation
Chapter Four:Wedding and Aftermath
Chapter Five:New beginnings and Adjustment
Chapter Six:confrontation and Reality
Author's Note
Chapter seven:Curiosity and Resolution
Chapter eight:Visitation and Conformation
Chapter nine:Disappointment and Differences
Chapter ten:Meetings And Outcome
Chapter eleven:Assertiveness and Declaration
Chapter twelve: Dinner and Disaster
Chapter Thirteen:Acquaintance and Intimacy
Chapter Fourteen:Visit And News
Chapter Fifteen:Trip And Treat
Chapter Sixteen:Weekend And Mischief
Chapter Seventeen: Invitation And Surprise
Chapter Eighteen:Misunderstanding And Encounter
Chapter Nineteen:Appearance And Preparations
Chapter Twenty:Party And Drama
Chapter Twenty One:Outburst And Decision
Chapter Twenty Two:Challenge And Dispute
Chapter Twenty Three:Memories And Unexpectations
Chapter Twenty Four:Persuasion And Return
Chapter Twenty Five:Transformation And Changes
Chapter Twenty Six:Arrival And Amazement
Chapter Twenty Seven:Illness And Warmth
Chapter Twenty Eight:Connection And Incidence
Chapter Twenty Nine: Bonding And Moment
Chapter Thirty:Clashes And Dispute
Chapter Thirty One:Emotion And Realization
Chapter Thirty Two:Ruefulness And Desperation
Chapter Thirty Three: Discovery And Distraction
Chapter Thirty Four: Instigation And Desperation
Chapter Thirty Five: Disclosure And Consolation
Chapter Thirty Six: Interest And Mildness
Chapter Thirty Seven:Hangout And Bafflement
Chapter Thirty Eight:Bewilderment And Curiosity
Chapter Thirty Nine: Past...
(Glimpse Of The Past)
Chapter Forty: ...And Confessions
Chapter Forty One: Intimacy And Contrition
Chapter Forty Three: Passion And Trauma
Chapter Forty Four: Grief And Awareness
Chapter Forty Five:Departure And Nostalgia
Last Chapter: Afterwards And Ever after
Epilogue
New book alert

Chapter Forty Two: Affection And Attractions

1.4K 69 0
By pinkycool012

'Home is not where you are from, it is where you belong. Some of us travel the whole world to find it. Others, find it in a person' -Beau Taplin

Hanan awoke to the smell of freshly made food. Her tummy growled in response. She traced the aroma to the kitchen where she was rather surprised. Faaiz was in an apron, hair scattered with traces of flour in it. He must have ran a hand through his hair.

She giggled. He looked hilarious and cute at the same time. The sound made him turn around "You are awake!"

"Yeah." As she left the door way and entered the kitchen. "This smells and looks nice! How about a bite?" He jerked her hand away as she was about putting it in her mouth.

He groaned "You are such a spoiler. I wanted to surprise you with a breakfast in bed"

"Awwn! Its not too late you know. I can as well go back to bed and pretend i was just waking up."

"Tahh. It wouldn't be the same" He rolled his eyes.

"Never knew you were romantic" she teased

"Well, Too bad for you. Guess you still have a long way to go. There are still many things you need to learn about me." He replied with a smug smile.

He then rolled his eyes "Since you've disrupted my plan of giving you a morning surprise, how about you get seated and let this great chef serve you honourably?" She giggled and sat.

He rubbed his palms together. "Need I say, foods like this, when the cook is filled with too much arrogance, ends up awful!"

"You sure know how to ruin mood" He tsked. "But be rest assured.. This would turn out fine!" He replied with arrogance.

"Let's see then!"

And he served her and sat with her. "What about you? You ain't eating?"

"I will eat with you. Go on ahead and have a bite" And she obliged.

He sat back comfortably anticipating her reaction. He gauged her expression. "Faaiz This is so-" She stuff more into her mouth "Delicious and yummy!!"

A smug look on his face "Told ya"

"I mean this is the best mouthwatering meal I've had in a while!" an arrogant smile danced on his face.

"Will you now take back the word you said earlier?"

"I eat that back, heck, all of it. All I said" He chuckled as she continued stuffing the food in her mouth.

"Careful. So you won't choke" She nodded and continued still. "Need i remind you that's a food for two?"

"No sure in hell am I sharing this!" He chuckled and went to get one plate for himself.

After almost five rounds, she had her fill. All the whole while, Faaiz was laughing at her. "Satisfied now?" She nodded rubbing her over filled tummy.

"On a scale of 1 to 10, rate my food." even though the answer to that was obvious.

"You broke the scale" And he chuckled.

"I know really"

She nodded smiling up at him. And that was when she noticed "What of granny?"

"Oh. She went for her appointment"

She nodded "And the maids?"

"Told Sofia to take the day off but the rest should be somewhere around the house"

She nodded in comprehension. "Okayyy.. So back to the deal at hand. How come you know how to cook so good? Where did you learn that from?"

A grievous expression passed his face "I was forced to learn how to. Who else would? Granny was too weak then to Cook so I had no other choice than to learn how to cook. Circumstance made me a good cook I guess"

"Guess you had a sound sleep"

A huge smile lit up his handsome feature "For the very first time in a long while, Yes. I slept well"

She smiled warmly. "I'm glad!"

He then added "All thanks to you" his cute dimple showing and she returned his smile.

She remembered all of a sudden "You've cooked once for me before" She gave him a knowing look and he look away.

He scratched the back of his neck "Err.. You were actually sick then"

"That was actually sweet of you. Just so you know, I enjoyed the food"

"Apparently. I saw the way you devoured the food like an hungry lion but I only chose to ignore and make no comment"

She threw the fork at him "You -" He threw his head back and laughed

"It was nice watching you devour my meal" She glared at him and he chuckled raising his arm in surrender.

The door bell rang all of a sudden. "Are you expecting anyone?"

He shook his head "Well there's only one way to find out."

He unlocked the door "Good morning sir"

"Aminah? Morning!"

"Morning ma'am" She greeted and Hanan inwardly rolled her eyes. She nodded in acknowledgment.

"What brings you here? Cos the last time I checked, I already told you I don't want any disturbance. Pick my calls and cancel appointments"

Hanan's heart swelled. All for her?

She fidgeted and Hanan then noticed he's gone back to his grim mode 'Mr poker face' She giggled inwardly.
"Erm.. Actually, there's something you need to look into sir. Couldn't get through to you. Have been calling but there was no response"

Right! He left his phone in his room. "I'm not with my phone. So what could be so urgent you had to rush to my house for?"

He led her further in and they sat on the couch. She brought out some materials. "This" As she extended it to him

He rolled up his sleeves as he looked into it, his face devoid of emotions whatsoever, all businesslike "Thought we've resolved this"

"Turns out it was more complicated than we thought. The board members held a meeting today and I stood in on your behalf."

He sighed wearily "Hope it wasn't a big deal?"

"Not really but they want the issues at hand solved with immediate effects" her phone rang and she excused herself.

Frown creased his forehead as she used her hand to straighten them "Frowning causes wrinkles. And wrinkles signifies aging. I bet you ain't Thirty yet?" his frown dissolved replaced with a smile "That's more like it! Wrinkles makes you ten times older"

He smiled warmly at her. "Thanks for making me feel at ease"

She returned his smile "Always welcome! So, care to tell me why you being so worked up?"

He sighed and reclined in his seat. "Another problem with work?" She asked and he nodded.

"Mind if I help out?"

"You know I would never mind"

Aminah came back interrupting the duo "That was the G.M. He informed me regarding some stuffs." He nodded.

They then discussed about some issues. "Erm.. Sir, can she excuse us?" She said motioning to Hanan.

"Whatever for?"

"I mean-"

"She's going nowhere" He dismissed signifying an end to the topic. "So, where were we?"

Hanan smirked and she looked away. "Anyhow you want it" She muttered obviously irritated.

"Hey look at these, any idea how to go about it?" He pointed to the files as Hanan moved closer sending a smirk at her direction a smug look on her face.

"Sure.. "

"Wow! That's actually a brilliant idea " Aminah remarked

"Courtesy of my amazing wife" He shot her a proud look and she instantly regretted making the statement. Her phone rang, with a quick glance at the screen, she handed it over to Faaiz

"Your call sir"

He glanced at it before collecting it and whispered something to Hanan who nodded slightly before excusing himself to receive his call.

"You know, he does not allow just anyone to answer his calls" Aminah started staring at his retreating figure and Hanan raised an eyebrow.

"And just what should I do with that piece of information?"She stated with a narrowed eye.

Aminah smirked "Some of the employees at work actually thought there was something going on between us. He seemed fond of me" Hanan gulped, at some point she thought the same too. "Oh, don't even get me started on the countless trips we've gone for"

She tried to suppress her rising jealousy "That's normal. You are his PA.. Its part of your job. You are being paid for it."

A knowing smile tug at her lips "He always prefer the coffee I make and would have me make it for him everytime"

Clearly, she doesn't know where the conversation was heading but she knew one thing. This lady is a trouble maker and is stirring up trouble. And so far she's succeeding?

"Hey! Look here. I don't have time for this chit chat. He likes your coffee? good for you then. You save him the grace of dealing with allergies or stomach upset from horrible coffees"

She clenched her jaw and then added spitefully "The last trip we went for, wanna know what happened?"

Now, Hanan was interested but she shrugged nevertheless. She took her silence as a Yes "We were meant to be back a day before but instead he stayed back because of me and got me this" She said flaunting a diamond glistening necklace.

Before Hanan had a chance to talk or react Faaiz came back full of excitement "You guys wouldn't believe -" Hanan stood up abruptly and left the sitting room

"Hey! Is there a problem?"He asked concerned but she shook her head and went upstairs leaving him confused 'cos she was perfectly okay before he went to receive the phone call.

"Did you guys engage in an argument?" Aminah shook her head as the last thing Hanan saw was a satisfied glint and a smug smile on her face before she left the room.

Minutes later, the bedroom door opened and Hanan didn't bother looking up. "What's the problem?" He probed but she kept mute.

"I believe you are quite capable of speech?" Still, Nothing. He exhaled frustratedly raking his hand through his hair "Baby, have I done anything wrong? What is it this time?" her demeanour softened as she finally glanced up at him.

She sighed "Aminah actually told me something" His expression hardened "She actually showed me the necklace you got for her"

"What necklace?"

"You need to ask?" when he still look clueless, she added "You got it for her the last trip you went for"

It took a while before realization dawned on him "Oh God! That was the promise I made to her. A compensation for what I did to her. She needed to attend to her sick cousin but due to some circumstance she wasn't able to. And the circumstance being me.. So he died. There was no way to compensate her, So there was this jewelry she liked as that was the only place to get it, hence we had to wait an extra day to get it delivered hoping that would make up for what I did. And how sorry I was for her loss"

"But what I didn't know is it will arise suspicions within you. Is that why you just left the place?" He spat in disgust and Hanan felt bad instantly.

"I- I" And she looked away as she added, "I just felt somehow"

"And you just believe whatever she says?"She gulped "Atleast have little faith in me"

"Faaiz-" He held out his hand.

"Its fine really. Since you could believe her words over my sincerity shows how much I mean to you" He said sarcastically.

"Don't get me wrong here. I-"He raised his brows. Her shoulders sagged "Actually I was blinded by jealousy. I mean, who does she think she is"

She turned her back to him and looked out of the window and quietly added "I'm sorry if it sounded or seemed like I don't trust you or doubted you. I just couldn't stand the thought of what could be. Of whether you really did or not -" his hand sneak around her waist before she could complete the statement as he snuggled close inhaling her scent.

"Next time, don't believe what people say. They only stir up trouble. And I can't stand you doubting my love for you, it breaks my heart when you do" She smiled warmly.

"Sorry about that"

"Apology accepted" a wide grin spread across their faces.

"I'm afraid I have to leave soon"

"Where to?"

"Work calls" She groaned

"So much for making it up to me" She mumbled

"Hey That's not my fault!"She rolled her eyes.

"I will make it up to you"He said his arms tightening around her waist pecking her cheeks.

"How about with a mouth watering meal?"She said in excitement and he chuckled

"You like my meal that much?" She only leaned back in his arms smiling sheepishly.

"How about with your sweet lips instead?" She hit his arm as he threw his head back and laughed.

"You are a pervert!" She said nudging him trying to leave his arms but his grip on her tightened as he chuckled hugging her very close to himself running his hand through her hair.

"All for you baby. All for you"

*******
"Bet you like that?"

"I absolutely love it!' She exclaimed pulling her mom into a hug. 

"Great! What of Hanan?"

"She's doing fine mom."

"That's glad to hear." She then added "I'm going to the hospital now to check up on your dad. His health has really improved, and I already promised him I would drop by this afternoon."

"Okay mom. My regards to that old man. Tell him his lil girl loves him"

"Hey! My baby is not that old!"

"Eewww! How come you're still calling him baby?? He's over 50 for crying out loud!"

"That's your personal problem. He's still my baby"

Neemah bursted out into laughter "These old people are something else!"

"Hey I caught that!" Neemah giggled "And for the record, I'm just forty Six!"

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever! What's the difference between your age and-"

She cut her off "I don't have your time huh! I need to rush down to the hospital."

"To see your baby" She added and her mom threw the nearest pillow at her as she giggled.

"You are nut!" She said as she was about leaving the house.

Neemah giggled "I'm heading out too"

"Where to?"

"Anywhere. Just wanna go for a stroll. And branch by the cafeteria"

"Alright dear. Bye. Take care"

"You too!"

Upon getting to the cafe, Neemah took a seat close to the door and window and sat lost in thought. Her dad's condition is miraculously improving and her relationship with her mom is strengthening day by day. She smiled contentedly at that. She was lost in her train of thoughts that she couldn't detect the coming footstep

"Hi" Hussein muttered

"Hi!" She was surprised to see him there and he gave his usual boyish smile. He dropped his tray and sat next to her. She fidgeted awkwardly.

"Didn't know I would find you here" She gave a timid smile.

"Likewise me." She then added "You look troubled"

"Its nothing really" He dismissed still looking troubled.

"I'm not convinced" just as he was about to speak, she beat him to it "And just so you know, I'm not the type that let go of things easily." She crossed an arm over her chest "And I definitely can identify a troubled man when I see one"

He sighed and his shoulders sagged in defeat. "Its actually my daughter. She has grown- I don't know, a lot lately. And her nanny quitted already. And now everyone I see willing to be her nanny, she.."he raked a hand through his hair "I honestly don't know how she does that, she chases them away. Now, I'm torn.. I can't balance baby sitting and work together. Its just.." He exhaled frustratingly.

"How about I help out?"

His eyes widened "What?" He shook his head "I -I mean, c'mon why would you? And what's the assurance she will not tick you off too?" He sighed.

She smiled at that "That's my specialisation actually"

He gave her a questioning look "I mean that wouldn't be a problem. You can count on me. I major in pediatric  psychology actually"

A huge smile lit up his face "That's such a relief. I'm more than glad" He gave her an heart felt smile.

"Do you now see problem shared is problem solved?"

"Now i believe"

She smiled "So when do I start?"

"And oh, before then, hope I'm not hindering you from any sort of job?"

"At all"

"Good then. But I still feel-"

"No buts. I agreed to this already"

He nodded and filled her in and negotiated on the pay.
"So where is she now?"

"At a friend's. Told her I would be back by 5" And she checked the time.

"And this is almost 5"

"Apparently"

"So when am I starting?"

"That's totally up to you. And you see, I'm not forcing you into this. You can still change your mind you know"

"Nah. I'm cool with it" 

He gave her a grateful and that you-are-a-lifesaver-look "How about tomorrow?"

"Sounds great"

"Tomorrow it is then" He nodded and stood up

"Will be expecting you. And just so you know, this really mean a lot to me" He gave her a tight lipped smile and nodded.

She reclined in her seat as she smiled proudly, glad for the very first time she's gonna have a huge impact on someone's life. And boy, did she also ease him of his tension and worry?

She smiled in satisfaction suddenly eager for the next day to break in.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 9.4K 45
Two opposite worlds bound by a contract marriage, let's see what happens when they love each other's heart instead of each other's body, knowing that...
288K 49.9K 87
*Could you ever love a broken person?* "I understand that you're broken," he said as he lifted her chin so she stared directly into his eyes. "But I...
289K 18.7K 31
[All Rights Reserved] "Sometimes shutting off the world is the best option" -Amara Lost, that's the perfect word to describe Amara. She felt like she...
462K 20.7K 44
Dreaming about the bright future with her husband, she entered in to hell with beast or heartless himself. She was dreaming about him. While his onl...