Astoria

By AuthorFarfalla

☽Book #1 of the Luna Dea Islands Trilogy. The Luna Dea Islands, other known as the black hole to the human wo... More

author's note
casting
dedication
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six ; part one
six ; part two
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty one
forty two ; part one
forty two ; part two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty
fifty one
fifty two
fifty three
fifty four
fifty five
Their Songstress

twenty seven

2.1K 147 116
By AuthorFarfalla

P.S. Goal: 20 Comments & 20 Votes

Lyla chewed on the end of her pen as she stared out the window that looked onto the school grounds training fields. It was only her second class of the day; she already found herself being bored to death. But her mind was also clouded up with the thoughts of Liam and Daeva who were now hidden thanks to Lyla's quick thinking.

As soon as Lyla had brought Daeva to her home, she let Liam and Daeva have their moment of bliss before sending them on their way into hiding. Although she hated to cause both of them pain, the only way to keep them safe was to hide their scent, only done by the work of wolfsbane.

Wolfsbane worked in mysterious ways, but also shed pain upon the werewolves that consumed it. Daeva, who already had it in her system knew her scent would be masked for the next day, which then it fell upon Liam. Lyla let Daeva do the injection herself just so Liam could handle it more, but it was still painful to watch.

It was like injection lava into someone's bloodstream; it burned you alive. But with the right dosage, it didn't kill werewolves, only preventing their wolfs and the scent being hidden away. It took an hour for the side effects to fade, and Liam's withers of pain to cease before they left to where Lyla had sent them, to the place where it all began.

Her father's boat.

She remembers the summers where her father would take the family out on the boat for his annual fishing trips and endless amounts of swimming in the ocean. It was a big enough boat, able to fit five people, which was perfect for Lyla, her parents, and her friends. And it was also the way she was brought home to Astoria. And, where Romulus found her.

They were safe, and they were given the alone time they were craving, which was all that mattered to Lyla. Liam deserved this more than anyone after giving his life to protect her, and to be the voice for her and Romulus. He deserved more than anyone, and Lyla made sure he'd receive it.

But as she was staring out the window, her mind in a haze of complete fantasy and her thoughts, she failed to hear the heavy footsteps in the school's hallways, and then the shattering of glass inside the classroom as the door swung open.

Her head quickly swung up as she let out a gasp of shock, only to meet the golden orbs of an angry Alpha Romulus. "LYLA!"

All eyes turned to Lyla who sat in her seat, frozen, as she stared into the eyes of her mate who looked like he wanted to rip her to pieces. She didn't say anything, instead staying silent, watching his movement as he stalked over to her.

He weaved through the multiple desks as he took his long strides to his mate, all the students watching their Alpha in fear of what he was about to do with the human. The professor didn't stop the Alpha either, only watching on as he held no power in this situation. Romulus was the Alpha, after all; he dictated what will happen no matter where he stands.

As he reached Lyla, his hands gripped onto her wooden desk, his hands wrapping around the material before it crushed to pieces in his palms. His body shook with anger as he lowered his eyes to meet her own honey orbs that looked at him in fear, but she knew this was coming, just not as fast.

"Come with me, now," Romulus said darkly as he stood up, pushing her desk slightly, causing her body to jut to the side before nodding her head and grabbing her things.

Once gathering her books in her arms, she stood up, ignoring the glares and stares she received from the onlookers and following the Alpha that she was supposed to consider her mate. She kept her head bowed, hair covering her face to shield her expressions from everyone, including Romulus who waited for her to leave the room.

He held the door open for her, something she didn't expect, but he did it almost naturally before following behind quickly in suit, leaving the students in utter shock. Then he sped up his pace, moving his body in front of hers to lead the way to where he wished to go, which turned out to be an empty classroom towards the end of the corridor.

Romulus yanked the door open, holding it open for Lyla once again before following her inside. He locked the door before leaning on it, his arms crossed as he tried to suppress the rage he had coursing through his fiery veins. His wolf threatened to merge, his eyes flickering from blue to gold as he stared at Lyla's back as she refused to look at him.

Lyla walked to the other side of the room before seating herself on top of the one the desks, placing her books on her lap before looking up at Romulus, her eyes blending into his. It stayed silent as they looked at one another, Romulus fighting to keep his anger alive as he caught sight of his mate, his natural beauty looking at him with no emotions. A blank canvas.

But he forced himself to speak. "Where are they?"

"Where are who?"

"Oh don't play fucking dumb with me, Lyla," Romulus growled, not taking on to her game as anger reemerged back inside of his soul. "You know exactly who I am talking about. Where are Daeva and Liam?"

"Tell me who I'm speaking to, then. The Alpha or Romulus?" Lyla fought back with a bitter tone as she gave him a second worth of pain in her eyes.

Romulus' anger completely faded, his mind flashing back to their time in the woods when he lost his temper on his mate, saying the words he promised would never leave his mouth. He brought her pain, and he remembered watching her disappear in the dark abyss of the woods, out of his reach, out of his arms. It had broken him to replay the words he voiced over and over in his head, gaining no sleep over the last couple of days due to his actions.

And then it killed him to hear his mate call him the Alpha again, giving him his reality check on how he had just treated her. Although no regretting his actions, he regretted his words. His Alpha oath had already been broken to the one person that gave him his will to breathe. Lyla.

"You're always speaking to me, Romulus." He confirmed as he pushed himself off of the door, taking slow steps over to his mate who still didn't look too thrilled. "I'm never the Alpha to you, only Romulus."

Lyla shook her head in disagreement. "How many times am I going to get that reality check of that being a lie? I'm always going to be lower than you, even when I have that title under my belt. You'll make your promise, but only break it the first chance you're given. How is that fair?"

Romulus halted his steps, Lyla's words sinking into his heart as he felt more pain for the pain he'd caused her. She was right. He had promised her, barely a day before it happened, and he broke. Almost as quick as he made the promise, he shattered it into pieces and uttered the words that would stab Lyla.

"I fucked up, okay? I fucked up, Lyla." Romulus groaned in frustration as he raked his hands through his chocolate curls. "I shouldn't have said what I said, I regret, completely. I'm sorry, Lyla. But you need to understand where I stand on situations where you could have been killed. I almost lost you for fuck sake! Do you know how much that has been eating at me?! I almost lost you, and I just fucking got you!"

She knew he was right. Just how her father had explained it to her, he was right in every word. Romulus will forever prioritize Lyla's safety above all else and could have lost her in those few moments where he couldn't stand there to protect her. Lyla felt guilt at that moment, knowing full on that she messed up as well. Neither were angels in this situation, both making mistakes of their own.

"Your safety will be the most important thing to me, Flower," Romulus said softly as he stepped closer to his mate who kept her head bowed, only looking up slightly to meet his gaze. "I shouldn't have lost my temper, and I'm sorry. I know I promised you I wouldn't make you feel less than me, and I broke it. I'm sorry. I can't lose you, Lyla. I can't. I just got you."

Quickly, Lyla pushed herself off the desk and flung herself into Romulus' arms. He picked her up into his arms that crushed her body into his chest, her skin touching his bringing a flame to a fire. Lyla's legs wrapped themselves around his waist, and her arms around his neck as she buried her head into it, breathing in the musky scent of his cologne she loved so much.

"I'm sorry for calling you Alpha, Romulus," Lyla whispered into his ear as he nodded his head before placing a soft kiss on the base of her neck, then kissing upwards to meet her lips.

Softly, his lips met hers in a quick kiss, savoring her lips against his own, savoring her touch as he enjoyed this silent moment with one another. He had missed his mate, not being able to sleep for days as he now knew he could only rest when she was asleep in his arms. His haven, his home.

"It's okay, I don't blame you, Flower," Romulus said against her lips before letting her feet meet the ground again, and placing a kiss against her forehead. "But, you need to tell me, where are they?"

Lyla immediately looked down, her gaze shifting to her feet as she moved from side to side in nerves. She didn't know what to do at this moment. She should tell him, but she risked having Liam lose his mate again. If she didn't, it'd only lead to another argument for them, something she was less than thrilled for.

Hooking his finger under Lyla's chin, Romulus brought her eyes up to meet his icy blue orbs, pleading to her to tell him where they were. It was like she had the devil and angel on either of her shoulders telling her what to do, causing more conflict in her mind.

"Why do you think I know where they are?" Lyla stalled, trying to buy herself time to figure out in her mind on what to do.

"It wasn't hard to figure out who the human was when one of the prisoners said one had been down there." Romulus gave Lyla a cheeky grin as she blushed to herself, feeling foolish for how simple it was to figure out. "Besides, no one in their right mind would dare fight an Alpha's rule unless it was you. You're the only one safe from me."

Lyla shrugged her shoulders, giving Romulus a lopsided grin as she couldn't fight what he said. He was right, it was crazy for her to do it, but she knew she was the only one that could. She knew Romulus would never hurt her physically; she was confident in that. It would be a death sentence to send anyone else to do the dirty work, so she took one for the team, just like how Liam had for her.

"Promise me you won't throw her into the prisons again. I know you want to look out for my safety and keep me protected, but show some mercy on Daeva. She kept me safe when you couldn't, Romulus. You can't deny that. And, she's Liam's mate. He has done so much for us Romulus...so much. Please." Lyla pleaded with Romulus as she made her eyes go soft on the Alpha who melted at her gaze.

Romulus found himself turning into a puddle, but then immediately growling to himself for how easily Lyla had him wrapped around her finger. "She will be guarded twenty-four-seven. Four guards outside of her room at all times and never allowed to leave the palace property. Liam can visit, but if she ever leaves I'm throwing her back down there."

Lyla threw her arms around Romulus' neck, hanging on tightly as she pressed a kiss to his lips with a smile on her face. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

"But, I'm having a meeting with her. She needs to be questioned, and she will be whether she likes it or not. Daeva is still a trespasser, and I won't take it lightly."

"Only if I'm there. I trust your questions, but not your temper." Lyla reasoned with him, giving him a look of desperation, as well as the puppy-dog-eyes that made him fall apart. "Please..."

"You're going to be the death of me, Lyla Ophelia Darcy."

Smiling triumphantly, Lyla then pressed her lips against Romulus' as he picked her up yet again, keeping her lips firmly pressed against his as they danced together. As their velvet lips moved against one another, Romulus' hands dug themselves into Lyla's bum, gripping firmly as he kneaded her soft skin.

There was no more softness in their kiss, only passion and lust as they let their stress out on one another, becoming lost in each other. They needed each other just after days apart, both being in anger and pain at one another, and this was their way to finally release it all.

Romulus carried Lyla over to where the professor's desk was, pushing all the items of it with a single sweep before laying her down on it and placing himself over top of her lust shaking body. His lips instantly found hers again, his tongue pressing firmly against it as they parted for her tongue to meet his. They blended as one in that moment as Lyla's hands reached up to tug on Romulus' hair, pulling him closer to her aching body that craved even more.

With her legs still wrapped around his waist, she pressed herself firmly to his front side, grinding ever so slightly as a throaty moan vibrated against Lyla's lips that were pressed against his. His wolf threatened to surface as the scent of Lyla's lust came into his nostrils, causing his eyes to change to black, and his pants to grow tighter by the second.

He pulled his lips away, only to trail them down her jawline, then her slim neck where hickies laid scattered across it. His marks laid there unconcealed, the red and blues vibrant against her porcelain skin, speaking to the world that she was claimed by her mate.

He pressed his lips against the marks he had left days' prior, sucking and nibbling on them once again to cause a moan to escape Lyla's swollen lips. Her eyes clenched with pleasure as she found herself rocking against him, her mind in a complete haze as she found herself lost in Romulus.

As he sucked on her neck and making new love bites across his canvas, he found the spot where he would mark her one day. It sent shots of pleasure and euphoria across Lyla's entire body as she let out a loud moan, her eyes rolling to the back of her head as she tightened her arms around Romulus' neck.

Only he would make her feel like this, a euphoric mess under his touch. His touch, and his only. She belonged to him, just like how he belonged to her.

Lyla, wholly drowned in lust, pressed her lips against Romulus' neck, doing the same exact as he did to hers, only harder, causing him to extend his claws and leave holes in the desk their laid on top of. Lyla heard the wood break from his grasp but paid no mind to it as she sucked on his neck, leaving her mark across his golden skin.

"Fuck, Lyla..." Romulus groaned as he pushed her down and away from his neck, only for him to stare into her eyes, foggy with desire as they darkened at the sight of him. "Who do you belong to?"

"You," Lyla said breathlessly as she stared up at him, her chest rising and falling slowly.

"Say my name."

Looking into his eyes, both drenched in desire for one another, Lyla spoke. "I belong to you, Romulus Astor."

"And I belong to you, my Flower."

❖❖❖

Well, that was...hot? Seriously, I can not get enough of Lyla and Romulus. Writing their scenes together is definitely my favorite part of this whole story of their's. So, what did you think? Do you think everything is settled? What did you think of that intense kissing scene between the mates? What do you think is going to happen to Daeva? Let me know in the comments what you think! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

-MesmerizingSoul

P.S. Goal: 20 Comments & 20 Votes

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1M 59.6K 36
MATE TRILOGY #1 | Being an orphan at the mere age of sixteen, Lyra Dane, with no place in the pack is faced with an ultimatum; to go Rogue or marry A...
1.1K 37 7
Humanity has fallen, the supernaturals have come out of hiding and taken control. Years after watching the chaos of The Fall Emelia is faced with her...
305K 18.9K 77
When the wolves took over the world over a hundred years ago, millions of humans were killed, with survivors being forced into sectors. Ailia Thorne...
212K 7.5K 62
~Completed!~ When Nexy moves to Astoria, the last she was expecting was to find a mate. And not just any mate, the Alpha. Will he reject her? Or ac...