A Love at Last || Dave East

By ThatGirlPatraaa

" I May Not Be Your First Love, But I'm Going To Be Your Last Love." More

Chapter 1| Late Nights
Chapter 2| Thinking
Chapter 3 | Trying
Chapter 4 | Steps
Chapter 5 | Once Again
Chapter 6 | Finally
IMPORTANT MESSAGE, PLEASE READ!
Chapter 7 | Messing Up
Chapter 8 | Friend talks
Chapter 9 | Pop up
Dealing with last Chapter, PLEASE READ!
Chapter 10 | Want To Know You
About Chapter 9, again 🙄
Chapter 11 | Let's Chill
Chapter 12 | Seeing you
Chapter 13 | Too much
Chapter 14 | Games
Chapter 15 | Reasons
Chapter 16 | A Discussion
Chapter 17 | Date Night
Chapter 18 | Date Night 2
Chapter 19 | Insecurities
Chapter 20 | Me and You
Chapter 21 | Comfortable
Chapter 22 | Kickin' It
Chapter 23 | Tension
Chapter 24 | Wait No More
Chapter 25 | Family Drama
Chapter 26 | Hardheaded
Chapter 27 | The Principle
Chapter 28 | Old Wounds
Chapter 29 | No Worries
Chapter 30 | Series of Events
Sorry
Chapter 32 | Graduated
Chapter 33 | All Mine
Chapter 34 | Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 35 | Russian Roulette
Chapter 36 | Open Thoughts

Chapter 31 | Closer

5.6K 207 16
By ThatGirlPatraaa

Skylar Rose

I looked at Dave, as he sat quietly. We had been back at his house for about 30 minutes and he hadn't said a word since we been here. I know it kind of messed him up hearing that his granddad could've almost died tonight. Thank God he didn't though, I know how much he means to my baby so I know that would've crushed him.
I walked towards the couch, crawling in his lap. I grabbed his face, making him look at me.

"You okay, baby ?" I asked. He just nodded.

"I'm gone be good. It's just," he sighed, putting his hands in his head. "that's my pops, the only father figure I got and I almost lost him tonight. He just so hardheaded. I told him to slow the fuck down man"

I grabbed his hands, making him look at me.

"Look babe, I understand that you're frustrated with him but you have to understand why he won't stop. He doesn't probably want to feel helpless. Him having this disease has stopped him from doing things that he was use to doing. It had restricted him from a lot of things and it's just messing with him that's all. But I got a feeling he is going to slow down now." I spoke, rubbing his shoulder.

"You right, just don't want him leaving so soon. I still got to make him proud. He need to be here when I expand my business. Get married to you, and put some babies in you. He need to be here for that." He said, seriously.

It was kind of a shock for him to mention marrying me and kids ? I mean we never spoke about that. I barely gave it a thought.

"I'm sure he will be here for it baby, he knows what he can handle and can't handle now." I assured him, making him nod. "Now, marriage ? Babies ? When you start thinking bout this ?" I asked, I was amused at the thought. Dave really didn't seem like the marriage type. Maybe the "put multiple babies in you" but not marriage.

"For awhile now, you the one I see myself with honestly. You the only female I know that's gone always be there and have my back through whatever. I know you ain't gone never give up on me easily. My family love you, I love you. You real special to me Sky, and I love everything about ya. So whenever we ready, I'm putting a ring on that pretty finger." He said, bringing my hand to his lips and kissing it.

I couldn't do anything but blush. I swear, he says the most sweetest shit at the most random times. It just be out of nowhere.

"Baby, if people knew how sweet you were." I said, smiling.

"Just to you, love." He said, rubbing my thigh.

"As you should, you got to be rude to these bitches." He chuckled at me, making me look at him. "I'm serious." I said, laughing lowly.

"I know, that's what's got me trippin." I shrugged.

"So, these babies you talking bout ? How many you THINK I'm bout to be having ? Cause Skylar ain't bout to be having a whole basketball team. Naw, that happening. Uh uh."

"I don't want no basketball team either, who got funds like that ?" He looked at me with an eyebrow raised. I shrugged, making him nod. "Exactly. Two all I want, three max. A boy and a girl is all I want."

"Yeah I guess, some mini us. They gone be so cute cause we fine as hell so I know our babies gone be fine as hell too." I said, making him agree.

"I'm surprised you ain't pregnant right now, the way I'm always in you raw." I looked at him, rolling my eyes.

"I know. You need to start wearing condoms, cause pulling out ain't gone always work out."

"What's wrong with having one now ?" He asked, with a look of curiosity. I looked at him crazy.

"Look, you straight. You got your shit together. Your own business, own crib and car. Me ? I'm still in school. Yes I got my own crib and car but I'm barely paying that. I'm working my ass off so I can get to were I need to be babe so I can be financially straight too. Graduation and finally working towards owning my own boutique is the only thing that's concerning me right now. A baby will only get in the way of that."

"Ok babe, I hear ya." He said nonchalantly. I feel like he really ain't but I'm just gone leave it alone for now. I don't know why he wants a baby for now anyway.

"Yeah, ok." I said, sliding off him. "I'm bout to go to bed, I got graduation rehearsal and right after that work." I got up, walking towards the bedroom.

"Ight." I heard him mumble.

•••

"It feels so surreal, graduation in two days." I spoke in disbelief, to Lauren. We were just getting out our last rehearsal.

"Ain't it girl ? I'm so happy. I'm gone take a vacation to congratulate myself. Honestly we all need to make this a group thing and go." She said, looking at me. I started my car, and shrugged.

"Yeah that would be coo. Then my baby birthday the following week." I said, smiling.

"So sounds like a plan. So were we gone go ?" She asked. I just shrugged my shoulder, as I glanced at her. "I'm thinking we think of three places and everyone pick one. Which ever gets picked the most, we go." I nodded, agreeing with her.

"Orlando gone be one fa sho." I stated. My baby said he was gone take me there anyway so why not there.

"I mean, that can be a choice. But the boys already been there, plenty of times. And then it's gone be unibrow birthday, don't you think he want to go somewhere he never been before for his birthday ?" I guess she right.

"Stop talking about my baby and you right. But let's leave it as an option. Miami Beach ?" I glanced at her, as I pulled in her apartment complex. She nodded her head.

"Yes ma'am, and for our last option ? Nashville ?" I looked at her, as I parked.

"Nashville ? I guess."

"Well thats settles it. I'm gone tell people to come over your crib tomorrow so we can talk about the trip." She said, easing her way out. I looked at her crazy.

"Why my place ?"

"Your place has the most food. See ya tomorrow babe." She said, lowing a kiss to me and shutting my door. I huffed as I drove off, making my way home.

As I got in the house, I saw someone sitting on my couch. I slowly made my way towards the couch, getting ready to swing on whoever was sitting there. As I got closer, I noticed it was Jay.

"Jay ? You scared the hell out of me." I said, rolling my eyes.

"You was ready to fight wasn't it ?" He joked, laughing.

"Yes, You was seconds away from getting your ass beat. Now tell me why you here." I said, flopping down next to him.

"Dave was suppose to be meeting me here." I looked at him, confused.

"And y'all couldn't go to his place because ?"

"He said he had to get some from here." He shrugged. I was bout to say something but decided against it.
A few minutes later, Dave walked in making me jump up. I met him half way, squeezing him tight.

"I missed you daddy, mmmm and you smell eatable." I said in his chest. I heard him chuckle, making me smile.

"I missed you too, Rose. And you look and smell eatable. Mm mmm, do a 360 fa me." He said, twirling me around. I stopped, hitting a pose as he licked his lips. He grabbed me, rubbing my bottom. "Let's go to the back right quick." He whispered in my ear, making me push away from him as I laughed.

"No, I'm not bout to have sex with you while my brother here." He looked up from me, glancing towards Jay.

"I forgot his skinny ass was here." We made our way towards the couch, were Jay was at. Dave sat down, causing me slide on his lap.

"Y'all need to keep that touchy feely shit to a minimum when I'm around. That's still my lil sister bruh. I'm still trying to get it through my head she got a boyfriend. And that niggah being you." Jay said, shaking his head.

"Boy please, I'm grown." I said, rolling my eyes.

"Real grown." Dave replied, rubbing my thigh and squeezing it. Jay looked at us with a mug.

"Get up, Sky. I'm bout whoop yo ass and Dave I'm bout to beat yours." Jay hopped up, taking his belt off. We both started laughing making him even more mad. "Think its a game ?"

"Aye foo, Ionn want no smoke. I was just fuckin witcha." Dave said, laughing as he threw his hands up in defense.

"Yeah calm down, overly bright ass." I said, as I calmed down from my laughing.

"Yeah, Ight." He said, sitting back down. "Look, get what you need to get so we can handle this shit and be done with it."

"Ight man, mad ass muhfucka." He slid me off his lap, heading towards my room.

"Handle what ? What y'all bout to do ?" I asked, curious.

"Grown man business." Jay replied, causing me to roll my eyes.

"More like lil boy business." I said, crossing my arms.
A few minutes later, Dave appeared from the back.

"Ight, we can go." Jay hopped up, kissing me on my forehead.

"See you later sis." He said as he made his way out the door.

"See you later." I replied. Dave grabbed me up, pulling me into a hug.

"I'll be back tonight, ok ?" He said, making me look at him. I pouted, poking my lip. He kissed it, making me smile.

"Ok and please be careful. I know that y'all bout to be up to no good." I sighed, knowing what was about to happen.

"I promise babe, you gone wait up fa me ?" He asked.

"Of course, cause I just need some dickkkkk. I just need some loveeeee." I song, as he chuckled.

"I don't even want to leave now." He said, making me giggle. Dave phone started ringing, knowing it was Jay he pulled away. "Ight baby, I'm gone head out before your brother make me hurt em." He walked towards the door, pulling me behind him.

"Ok, I love you."

"I love you too." He kissed then walked out. I shut the door behind him, heading to my rooms

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I know, i know. I said Saturday. Forgive me y'all, I really ain't got no excuse for not updating. Just been slacking but I'm back y'all. Fr, update EVERY weekend y'all. But this update was short and boring. Just a filler for y'all. But were y'all think they should go ? Miami Beach ? Orlando or Nashville ? Comment 💋

Comment.Vote.Share 🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 3.2K 21
Blame On Me for not having my own back Blame On Me that my parents were not around Blame On Me that I did not have anybody Blame on Me For falling...
18.2K 1.1K 23
i don't have a reason to be, if i can't be with you.
18.5K 928 34
"If I can't have you... no one will beautiful. And you of all people know what I'm capable of" Those were the last words that escaped Semaj's lips be...
314 0 22
I lived my life the worst until you came and you changed everything. You're my first and hoped that you'll be my last. I wish I could've stayed more...