Captive, Stiles Stilinski

By katxmccall

Katherine McCall lived a normal life with a somewhat normal brother and a normal crush on best friend Stiles... More

Captive
Edits
Keeping up with me
1 (season 1)
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
15
16 (season 2)
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28 (season 3a)
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40 (season 3b)
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
Extra: Summer Before Junior Year
49
50
51
Extra: The Funeral
52 (season 4)
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
Extras: Valentines Day In First Grade
61
62
63
64 (season 5)
65
66
67
68
69
70
Extra: Halloween 2001
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81

14

6.2K 141 51
By katxmccall

Chapter 14 - "Formality"

"How dare we sit quietly, and watch the world pass us by."

Scott's eyes flash open and he immediately sits up on the metal table. I sigh with relief at how quickly he healed. When I got here I had to help Deaton clean up the black liquid that covered his mouth and chest. Deaton had to calm me down at the sight of the different colored blood because I fully believed that Scott was dying. After I pulled myself together, I disposed his shirt before placing a bandage over the deep hole in his side. The sight made me very squimish but it seemed to be healing very quickly so it wasn't as bad as I suspected. 

"Finally." I say while crossing my arms over my chest. Scott looks over at me and grins before standing up and resting his lower back on the table. My Converse slightly squeak on the floor as I make my way over to stand next to him.

"How're you doing?" I ask; obviously concerned. I eye him observantly just in case.

"I'm fine." He answers. He looks a lot better then when I first saw him for sure, but I feel like he'll start to feel it after a few minutes.

"Can you please fill me in on what happened?" I ask while thinking back to the hundreds of messages from Stiles asking about Scott. I still haven't answered since I have no answers myself.

"The Argent's think that Jackson's the Beta." He tells me and my face twists in confusion.

"Is it because of the scratch marks on his neck?" I ask while gesturing towards my neck. Scott nods his head and my face falls.

"Derek was going to turn him last night." Scott says and I clench my jaw at his name. Scott pats my hand after taking in my expression before Deaton walks into the room. A smile appears on his face when he sees Scott.

"Welcome back to the land of the conscious. You doing okay?" Deaton asks and Scott slightly leans forward as if everything's getting to him at once. I place my hand on his bare back and my other hand on his shoulder to steady him.

"Maybe you should sit down, huh?" Deaton says and Scott goes to sit down on the table but stops when the bells on the door chime. Someone just entered the building. The three of us stare at the wall that blocks our view of the door out of habit.

"Hello?" Deaton calls out. No answer. There's nothing but the patter of footsteps. Deaton goes to walk out to the lobby but Scott stops him by placing a hand on his bicep. Deaton turns to give a reassuring smile to Scott while patting his hand. Scott removes his hand before Deaton crosses the threshold to leave the backroom. Scott gently grabs my arm and push me behind him as if he's protecting me. My face twists in worry while I wait for Deaton to say something.

"I'm sorry, but we're--we're closed." Deaton says to the patient out in the lobby. Scott tenses and that's how I know something's wrong.

"Scott, what's wrong?" I whisper. Scott put's a finger up to his lips telling me to be quite.

"Hi there. I'm here to pick up." Peter. The hairs on the back of my neck rise and I shiver at the sound of his voice. I'm immediately taken back to the night in the hospital.

"I'm not sure I remember you dropping off." Deaton answers.

"This one wandered in on its own." Peter says and I can hear the soft dragging of his feet coming closer. Scott grabs back at my arm before swiftly yanking me towards the corner of the room. He squishes me into the corner, not making a single movement away from in front of me.

"Even if he did, I'm afraid I can't help you--we're closed." Deaton tells Peter sternly and I can hear Peter chuckle.

"Well, I think you can make an exception this one time...don't you?" Peter says, his voice softens but it only makes him sound creepier.

"I'm sorry. That's not going to be possible. Maybe you could come back during regular hours." Deaton's voice is monotone.

"You have something of mine. I'm here to collect it." Just by his voice you can tell he's becoming irritated. Scott tenses and I put my hand on his shoulder. I know Peter's referring to Scott and I clench my jaw.

"Like I said...we're closed." Then there's silence, it doesn't last long, but it's long enough to make you think something bad happened.

Peter breaks the silence. "Mountain ash. That's an old one." My face twists in confusion at the mention of mountain ash. I'm brought out of my thoughts by the sound of a crash. I jump with a gasp; quickly throwing my hand over my mouth to any other noise that might give us away. 

"Let me be as clear as possible. We...are...closed." Deaton says through his teeth. Then the footsteps seem to back away. Scott has goosebumps on his bare arms and he looks as if he's listening to something inaudible.

"Allison." He whispers aloud. Then the bells on the door chime, telling us that Peter has left the building. My eyes widen after he says her name randomly.

"What about Allison?" I ask, concerned for my best friend.

"We have to go home." Scott says, ignoring my question. He walks away from me, leaving my hand to fall away from him, and grabs a clean shirt from the table that I brought for him. He quickly pulls the plain fabric over his head and gestures for me to follow him. I pick up my car keys from off the counter and follow him to the waiting room where Deaton is still standing. I look around the front room at the broken chair with slightly parted lips. 

"Thank you." Scott says when he stops in front of Deaton. I snap out of my state before stepping over the pieces of wood to get to the door. I don't open it. I instead look over at Deaton.

"No problem, now go home. Before anything else happens." Deaton says while looking around to add dramatic affect.

"Will you be okay by yourself?" I ask and Deaton chuckles.

"Thanks for the concern, Katherine, but yes, I'll be fine on my own." He answers and I nod before slowly opening the door. The bells chime above my head sending yet another chill down my spine.

"Call it again." Scott tells me while he rummages through his shelves.

"It's not here." Stiles sighs from beside me. Scott jumps onto his bed and Stiles and I exchange a look. Scott pushes his bed sheets to the side and they eventually fall off, leaving nothing but his bare mattress.

"Okay, so you lost your phone. Why don't you just get a new one?" Stiles suggests while throwing his arms up. Scott falls onto his hands and knees on the floor to look underneath his bed.

"I can't afford a new one." Scott says from the floor. I raise an eyebrow while watching him destroy his room.

"I'll help you pay for a new one." I tell him but Scott completely ignores my remark.

"I can't do this alone. We have to find Derek." Scott says while scrambling up onto his feet. I cross my arms over my chest while rolling my eyes. Why does Derek have to be the solution to our problem?

"Well, 'A', you're not alone. You have me and Katherine. And 'B', didn't you say Derek walked into gunfire? Sounds pretty dead." Stiles says.

"It was just Argent's plan to use him to get the alpha--they're not gonna kill him." Scott says while looking at me. I know he's trying to find a hint of sympathy on my face, but there's nothing. I thought about how Derek and I would reunite when he first made an apperance after we thought he was dead. I didn't expect it to happen over a death he caused.

"I could care less if he died or not." I say coldly and Scott looks taken aback. I don't entirely mean what I said, but right now I don't think I can forgive him.

"Peter's going after Allison to find Derek." Scott says quietly and I sigh.

"I can't protect her on my own. Which means we have to find Derek first...just--just help me!" Scott's voice rises out of frustration.

"We don't need Derek," I tell Scott sternly.

"I'll help protect Allison. She's my best friend and I'm not going to let anything happen to her." I finish.

"How will you be able to help?" Scott asks and I can tell he immediately regrets it. I know he isn't trying to be a jerk so that's not the way I'm taking it.

"I'll do whatever I have to do." I answer while squeezing my bicep with my right hand. I hear Stiles sighs from beside me and I glance over at him. He doesn't want me to get invloved, neither does Scott, but I won't just stand back to watch everyone scramble after one problem to another without my help.

"You know, you probably lost it when you two were fighting. When he was trying to kill you? After you interrupted him trying to kill Jackson? Starting to see a pattern of violent behavior here?" Stiles asks, returning to the previous matter. I look back over to Scott.

"He wasn't going to kill anyone. And I'm not letting him die." Stiles sighs and rolls his eyes at Scott's remark.

"Could you at least think about letting him die?" Stiles asks and I nod my head in agreement.

"For me? And especially for Katherine." Stiles finishes. Before Scott answers, his head whips up like he's heard something.

"What is it, Scott?" I ask, my curiosity getting the best of me.

"Mom just got home from work." He answers before looking out his room window. I step forward and Scott's face falls, meaning something must be wrong.

"Is she okay?" Stiles asks and Scott shakes his head. My heart aches for my selfless mother.

"What's she doing?" I ask quietly.

"Crying." Scott answers. I sigh and close my eyes for a few seconds before opening them again. Scott sits on his bed in front of me and Stiles.

"Scott, you can't protect everyone." Stiles points out.

"I have to." Scott responds before the door to the house closes.

"Katherine, I have something for you." My mom calls from the bottom of the stairs. By the way her voice sounds I can tell she was definitely crying and it hurts my heart. I spin on my heel before walking out into the narrow hall. I can hear the boys follow close behind me as I make my way down the stairs quietly. As I walk through the living room towards the kitchen I can make out my mom rummaging through her bag for something.

"What is it, Mom?" I ask. She pulls out a folded up white piece of wrinkly paper from her messy purse before handing it to me. The texture rubs up against my hand while I take it from her with a look of confusion on my face.

"What is this?" I ask while holding it up.

"I found it in one of Christine's desk drawers while I was cleaning out her office. It's written for you." My mom explains and my breath gets caught in my throat while I hold back tears.

"Thank you." I say quietly while brushing away a tear.

"We've also been invited to the funeral." She says softly while looking between me and Scott.

"When?" I ask.

"This weekend." She answers while putting aside her purse. I swallow down a cry while looking back down at the paper. I don't answer my mom because I'm afraid I'll cry. I keep my eyes on the paper in front of me while I walk out of the kitchen and into the living room. Stiles and Scott follow me like they're my body guards. I sit on the couch and Scott and Stiles sit together on a chair across from me. I take a deep breath before opening up the paper and smoothing it out on my lap. The whole paper is filled with black ink and every word is neatly written in cursive. I exhale before beginning to read the paper aloud with a shaky voice.

"Katherine, if you're reading this, then it's probably too late. You now know that Peter Hale is the alpha.

I couldn't tell you what was going on because I knew you would want to stop Peter and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if anything happened to you. I can't even imagine what my husband is thinking, but he'll know that I did what I had to do. Remind him that at my funeral for me. I understand that you're probably confused and angry so I want to explain to you everything that I have gathered. The next few paragraphs will be rushed but I just want to make sure you know everything.

This supernatural stuff has been going on years before you. Beacon Hills wouldn't be Beacon Hills without it. When I figured out about your brother I knew I had to do something, so I made a deal with Peter that I'm sure he'll break now since helping him got me rightfully killed. I tried my best and I'm so sorry that I failed your family. You have to understand that Peter will not be merciful with someone who goes against him. I know that this is too much to ask and you guys need to be careful, but you have to kill Peter.

Peter is obsessed with power and he'll do whatever it takes to have it. Starting with Scott. Peter is creating a pack that will give him nothing more and nothing less than what he's looking for. Scott has been showing him outstanding abilities which Peter thinks will give him what he needs. If he finds out that you're Scott's sister he will not hesitate to bite you either, but it will either kill you or change you. Steer clear of him. Do not let Peter see that you two are related, especially since you two are twins. Protect yourself and the people you care about.

Goodbye, Katherine."

I see Scott and Stiles peering around a corner so I sneak up behind them after quietly making my way down a set of stairs. I tap Stiles on the shoulder and he jumps and quickly turns around.

"Oh my God, you scared the crap out of me." He says and I laugh. It feels good to laugh and to smile. I feel like I haven't done either one for a while.

"What are you guy's doing?" I ask suspiciously with a raised brow.

"We're making sure Jackson asks Allison to the formal." He answers and I furrow my brows in confusion.

"You want him to take Allison to the dance?" I direct my question towards Scott and he turns to look at me.

"He has too, it'll be safer for Allison." Scott answers.

"Why don't I take her?" I ask and both their faces contort in confusion.

I roll my eyes. "As friends, obviously." I tell them and their faces ease away from the expression. They both turn back to stalk Jackson and Allison and I can see Scott's face change. I can tell he's having second thoughts and so does Stiles.

"Hey, don't worry. I'll still be there." Stiles reassures while patting Scott's shoulder.

"I'm still going." Scott tells him while we watch the two walk away.

"Scott, you're failing three classes. Is that really a good idea?" I ask while they turn to face me.

"Do you even have a date?" Stiles asks.

"Not yet." Scott answers.

"Do you have a suit?" I ask.

"Not yet." Scott answers before sighing.

"Do you even have a ticket to the formal? A ride there?" Stiles questions and I can see the frustration behind Scott's facade.

"No. And no." Scott sighs.

"So, you're gonna go to a dance that you're not even allowed to go to without a date, a suit, a way in with werewolves and werewolf hunters all out to kick your little werewolf ass." Stiles states.

"Yeah. You guy's gonna help me?" Scott asks with a smile.

"Hell, yeah." Stiles and I answer in unison.

"Nothing's wrong I just...I have a lot on my mind." Allison says while her, Lydia and I step onto the escalator in the mall.

"You could smile, at least." Lydia says and I scoff while resting my hand on the railing.

"Ever heard the saying, 'Never frown. Someone could be falling in love with your smile'?" Lydia finishes. I smile to myself at her quote reference.

"Come on Allison, smile." I say while playfully nudging her with my elbow. Allison grins in return while rolling her eyes playfully.

"I'm buying you a dress." Lydia tells Allison. I'm practically broke so all I'll be doing is looking at dresses and not buying one. Kind of hurts that Lydia's not offering to buy me one, but I wasn't really planning on going to the dance anyway.

"Have to admit as far as apologies go, that's more than I expected." Allison finally says to Lydia. I sniff a laugh and walk up two steps so I can get closer to the top of the escalator.

"But not as much as I'm going to ask." Allison finishes.

"What? What's that supposed to mean?" Lydia asks while we step off of the escalator.

"It means you're going to cancel on whatever dumb, roided-up jock you said yes to and your going to go with somebody else." Allison tells Lydia. I hook my arm with Allison's and wait in suspense for who she has chosen for Lydia.

"Who?" Lydia asks worriedly. Allison looks over at Stiles who is smelling perfume at a sampler station. He accidentally spurts some in his face and starts sneezing. I giggle when he waves over at us but then cut it short when I figure out who Allison chose.

"Him." Allison says. I slowly unhook my arm from hers while my face twists in sadness.

"Oh...don't frown, Lydia. Someone could be falling in love with your smile." Allison says jokingly while eyeing Lydia's expression. Lydia looks over at me; sensing how upset I am. Allison notices not long after.

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry, I completely forgot." Allison says while bringing a hand up to her mouth.

"Um...it's fine, don't worry about it. Lydia can go with Stiles. It's okay. I'll just uh--I'll just go alone." I say while trying to play it off. Even though it really does hurt, I don't want Allison to feel bad. Lydia does deserve better than what she thinks, so if going to the dance with Stiles helps her realize that, then I'm okay with it.

Lydia walks past the rack of dresses Allison and I are looking through while Stiles stumbles after her with an armful of dresses. Allison takes a dress from off the rack in front of us before placing it against her body while looking at the mirror beside her. I admire the dresses while examining them individually in awe. I wanted to go to the dance but now I'm not so sure. Who would I dance with? Who would I hang out with? If I go I'm probably just going to be watching everyone have fun while I sit at a table alone. Allison slightly jumps in place and I quickly snap my head towards her to see what the cause of it was.

"Allison, are you okay?" I ask worriedly. She stays quiet but I soon notice Peter Hale standing on the opposite side of her. I tense up and my heart beat quickens while my eyes widen.

"That's not your color." Peter says casually while shaking his head towards Allison. Allison looks down at the dress and when Peter makes eye contact with me his face flashes with familiarity. I know I should probably run and look for Stiles but I don't want him to get hurt, and I can't just leave Allison here to get hurt either, so I stay. I look down at my feet to break eye contact with him but he continues to bore his eyes into me. Allison looks up which makes Peter flash his eyes back towards her.

"Sorry if that was intrusive but...considering your skin tone, I'd go lighter." Peter tells her while I slowly look up at the scene playing in front of me.

"'Cause I'm pale?" Allison asks. I begin to sweat from nerves and even debate just dragging Allison out of the mall.

"Fair." He corrects her with a smile.

"I mean, you can't call skin like yours pale. Not skin that perfect." He finishes. My face twists in disgust at his predatory remark. Allison smiles uncomfortably.

"Okay." She says quietly while turning to look back at the rack of dresses. I continue watching Peter, making sure he makes no move to harm Allison. She puts the dress back before slowly turning back towards Peter. I instinctively reach for her hand and start to drag her away but Peter puts his hand out which stops me. My legs feel like they'll give out at any second if we stay here any longer.

"Trust, me, I...I have unique perspective on the subject." Peter says while taking a dress off a rack beside him. He gently grabs Allison's hand which makes mine fall to my side. The loss of her hand sends me into panic mode and I have to pinch myself to remind myself that if I don't make any moves Peter won't harm us.

"Do you mind?" He asks while putting the fabric against her skin. Allison looks at me and I give her a reassuring glance. 'I won't let anything happen to you.' I mentally tell her.

"See? Much better." Peter says while handing her the dress. I do have to admit that the dress goes perfect with her skin tone and it is kind of lovely, but Peter gave it to her and he's a psycho so she shouldn't wear it.

"You girls aren't here alone, right?" Peter asks while eyeing both of us. I shift uncomfortably while taking a step closer to Allison. Peter notices and cocks his head to the side which makes me freeze up.

"No, we're not alone. We're actually going to go meet up with our other friends so if you'll excuse us." I say while grabbing Allison's free hand. We begin to make our way past Peter but I stop dead in my tracks when he grabs my free arm which makes me gasp. My pulse races while I quietly let out ragged breaths. Peter narrows his eyes at me as if trying to uncover a secret. He opens his mouth to say something but snaps his head up to look past me and Allison. Scott must be here. Peter's grip on me loosens and I pull my arm away before speed walking away with Allison by my side.

"That was weird." Allison says nonchalantly. I raise my brows at her in disbelief while continuing to hold onto her tightly. She senses my stare and glances over at me.

"What?" She asks while we make a beeline for Lydia and Stiles who are standing a few feet from us in the middle of dress racks.

"You're not even slightly creeped out about that guy?" I ask.

"I mean of course I am, but he didn't hurt us." She says and my lips part while I let her go.

"What if he did? Because he certainly could of." I tell her and she nods in agreement.

"You're right, he could have. But he didn't and we're okay. I don't want to focus on what could have happened, Kat. Let's just go back to Stiles and Lydia and then get out of here." She says and I watch her in shock as she hurries over to Lydia. Lydia wastes no time to grab the dresses out of Stiles' arms to show them off to Allison. I wish I was able to contain my anxiety the way Allison can. The hairs on the back of my neck rise and I spin on my heels to face the direction we just came from. I look around frantically for Peter but I can't find him among the many dress racks.

A hand lightly brushes my back and I jump with a gasp before turning towards the figure. I sigh in relief when I notice that it's Stiles. He looks at me worriedly.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" He asks. I let out a shaky breath before leaning into Stiles to keep our conversation between us.

"Allison and I just had a run in with Peter." I tell him quietly. Stiles' eyes slightly widen before he looks around.

"He let us leave because of Scott I assume." I explain before Stiles can interrogate me furthur on the matter. He turns back towards me before looking me over as if I should have some sort of wound.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He asks and I nod hesitantly.

"I'm fine, but I just want to get out of here as soon as possible." I tell him and he nods in agreement.

"Unfortunately, Derek. If you're not gonna talk, I'm just gonna have to kill you," Kate says before reaching over the table to get to the dial that will send shock waves to Derek. Derek looks down at the ground while he slowly looses feelings from his arms due to being tied up.

"So say 'hi' to your sister for me." Kate says while wrapping her fingers around the dial. She stops herself while her mind wanders off.

"You did tell her about me, didn't you? The truth about the fire?" Kate asks while turning to look at a helpless Derek. Derek falls in and out of consciousness while he lets out staggered breaths.

"Or did you?" The hunter asks while standing up from her seat and walking over to a strung up beta. She gasps mockingly.

"Did you tell anybody?" She whispers while Derek's face twists in sadness as he tries to look away from her.

"Oh, sweetie...that's just a lot of guilt to keep buried. It's not all your fault. You got tricked by a pretty face." Kate says before chuckling.

"It happens! Handsome young werewolf mistakenly falls in love with a super-hot girl who comes from a family that kills werewolves. Is that ironic? Is it...ironic...that you're inadvertently helping me track down the rest of the pack...again?" She chuckles while Derek looks away while listening to her.

"We're just a little bit of history repeating." She finishes while narrowing her eyes at him before walking away and standing in front of the dial once again. She taps her manicured nail against the desk while in thought. The continuous taps send chills along Derek's back.

"History repeating." Kate whispers before turning back towards Derek.

"It's not Jackson, is it? Oh, no, no, no, he's got a little scratch on the back of his neck, but...he's not in love with Allison. Not like Scott." Kate finishes before smiling in accomplishment.

Scott's in his room with my mom getting ready for the formal while I'm lying on my bed wishing I could have asked Lydia to by me a dress. I sigh while rolling over to lie on my back, letting my legs dangle off the side of the bed.

"Katherine, come here." My mom calls. I sit up on my mattress before placing my feet on the linolium floor. I cross my room towards the door before stepping over the threshold and walking into Scott's room. I laugh when I see my mom sowing together Scott's pants.

"Shut up." Scott grumbles which makes me chuckle. My mom carefully holds the needle in place before looking me up and down in almost a critical manner.

"Where the hell is your dress?" My mom asks while her face twists in confusion.

"I don't have one." I answer quietly.

"What!? Are you serious?" She says; exasperated.

"Both of my kids are unprepared." She mumles while pulling the excess string off of Scott's pants. She sets the stuff off to the side before rushing out of the room. Scott grabs his pants and starts to hop around on his foot while struggling to put them on. I watch him with a raised brow.

"You need help?" I ask sarcastically. Scott looks over at me with narrowed eyes.

"Seriously?" He asks and I sniffle a laugh.

Once mom re-enters the room, Scott's finally dressed. She holds up a dress for me to look at and I'm taken aback by how beautiful it looks. It's a black, off-shoulder dress that has a few buttons leading up to the breasts. It's something I definitely would pick out myself.

"Good thing I went to the store today." My mom says while holding the dress out to me, I take it with a big smile on my face.

"It's beautiful." I say in awe.

"I knew you would like it," She says happily. "Now what are you waiting for? Go get ready." She pushes me out of the room and I giggle before practically skipping over to my room. I quickly slip on the dress after stripping out of my lounge outfit. It fits perfectly and it goes well with my skintone. My mom really knew what she was doing. I brush my hair before setting it up in a high ponytail. I usually don't like wearing my hair up because I've always been insecure, but I have a feeling that tonight will be fun. I put on some makeup before stepping into a pair of my black flats that go very well with the dress. I look into my full body mirror that hangs on my door and smile at myself. Tonight will go well. I'll have a fun time, I'll smile and laugh. Tonight will go well. 

When we get to the school the whole front side of the building is covered with moving stars and couples are walking into the building arm in arm. It looks more approachable than what I expected. 

When Scott stops the car he unbuckles before turning to face me. "Here's the plan." He starts with. I look over at him with a raised brow.

"Oh, so there's a plan now." I say with a smile.

"Yes, I've had this plan for a while now." Scott tells me and I almost laugh at how serious he is.

"Okay, tell me." I say while going along.

"Alright. I'm gonna go in from the top of the school and when the dance is over I plan on walking back home. You take the car and act like you came here alone." Scott tells me and I chuckle.

"I could just pick you up from the back or something-"

"You take the car. I'll walk." He repeats and I look at him, dumbfounded by his stupidity.

"Alright then. Let's get this plan in action." I say before bringing up my fist while he slowly does the same. We fist bump before he opens the car door. I watch as he looks around, making sure the coast is clear, before swiftly moving out of my view. Once I'm not able to see him I stay seated in the car and watch the couples laugh and smile to each other while heading towards the school.

"Okay Katherine. You have to get out of this car sometime today." I tell myself aloud. I sigh before reaching over to grab the keys from the ignition. The car turns off immediately and the air slowly becomes thick. I pull the door handle before pushing the door open. A fresh wave of chill air smacks me in the face while I step out of the vehicle. A shiver runs down my spine as I close the door. I wish I brought a jacket. I spot Stiles and Lydia walk arm in arm into the full building. I quickly avert my eyes while my face heats up.

"It's gonna be okay." I whisper to myself before closing the door.

"Aren't you cold?" I hear someone ask from the front of the car. I flash my eyes towards them to realize that it's Jackson. I roll my eyes before walking past him. I hear him scoff as I do so.

"I was just asking you a question." He tells me and I shake my head.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Allison?" I ask while looking at him in disbelief. I notice the silver flask in his and I grab onto his arm to stop him. He raises a brow at me.

"What the hell?" I say a little loudly as I look between him and the flask. He pulls his arm back violently which has me taking a step back.

"What did I do now?" He asks. I motion towards his flask and he rolls his eyes.

"I don't plan on remembering this night." He tells me and I scoff.

"I made you realize your life's worth just for you to act like a dick. Typical Jackson Whittmore." I say while bringing up the other night. Jackson clenches his jaw before taking a threatening step towards me. I stumble back a step, worried that I crossed a line. If I didn't know any better, I would say that he's already drunk. He doesn't look good.

I side step him, not wanting to dig my hole deeper, before rushing towards the school. I may have just got him worked up. I can never leave anything alone, can I? Here I thought tonight was going to be amazing, but I probably just ruined it.

When I walk inside the gym everyone is dancing to the blaring music and the lights are flashing along the walls and ceiling. I stand at the entrance and look around to try and find familiar faces among the sea of dancing bodies. I want to sit down before Jackson catches up to me. I finally spot Stiles and Lydia sitting at a table quietly, looking away from each other. When Stiles spots me his lips part in awe and his face lights up. My heart flutters while I smile, getting a smile from him in return. I walk over to the table while dodging couples left and right while trying not to trip over any feet. I finally make it to the table and sit on a chair next to Lydia, across from Stiles who continues to stare at me.

"Well, there you are." Lydia says while eyeing me. I smile over at her.

"You look very beautiful, Lydia." I tell her, almost screaming over the loud music. She smiles a genuine smile before looking over my dress.

"Thank you. You don't look to bad yourself." She responds and I chuckle before thanking her. Minutes later Jackson and Allison stand close to our table and start dancing along to the music that's blaring throughout the building. Jackson smirks at me and I bite down on the inside of my cheek. The sight of the dress that Peter chose for Allison makes me slightly uncomfortable but I smile when I realize how beautiful she looks in it. Lydia slumps in her chair at the sight of Jackson and Stiles and I turn to her in sync.

"You wanna dance?" Stiles asks Lydia and she raises her brow.

"Pass." She answers before looking away from him.

"You know what, let me try that again." Stiles says before standing up from his seat. I look at him while my face twists in confusion.

"Lydia...get off your cute little ass and dance with me now." Stiles demands. I look at him with a funny expression while Lydia looks taken aback.

"Interesting tactic, but I'm gonna stick with no." Lydia answers while resting her head on her hand. She opens her mouth to say something else but stops once looking at me. I avert my eyes from them and look at the disco ball hanging from the ceiling, the light bouncing off it's circular frame mesmorizes me.

"I don't wanna dance, but Katherine here does." I snap my head towards her and slightly shake my head. She smiles while nodding hers. When I look at Stiles he raises his eyebrows in a hopeful expression.

"Well then...Katherine, would you uh--would you like to dance?" Stiles asks while holding out his hand. I turn towards Lydia and she nods with lit up eyes. I take a deep breath before looking back at Stiles, his hand still out towards me.

"I would love to." I answer before putting my small hand into his. He gently tightens his grip on my hand while I stand up and walk around Lydia to get beside him. I can see Lydia's smirk from the corner of my eye. Butterflies swarm in my stomach and my heart flutters while he guides me over to a spot on the gymnasium floor. Slow music begins to play and my face immediately heats up while my hand melts in Stiles' grip. His hand falls away from mine before he places both of his hands gently on either side of my wasit. My heart beat quickens and I can feel my face burning due to his touch. I place my hands on his shoulders quickly as to not make this moment awkward. We stare into each others eyes and I can't help but notice that his dark brown eyes become lighter when the light shines over him. I smile and quickly look down as if trying to hide it.

"What?" He asks quietly while his own smile plays on his face. My smile slightly falters while I look back up to him. We continue to sway along to the music.

"Sorry I ruined your date with Lydia." I tell him before taking a quick glance at a lonely Lydia.

"No. You didn't ruin anything, I had to come with Lydia. But uh, Lydia's great, um, it was nice coming with her." He rambles and I giggle while looking into his eyes.

"It's okay, Stiles, I know what you mean." I say while we continue to sway. After a while it almost feels like we're the only two people in the gymnasium and the music seems to be drowned out once I wrap my arms around his neck and place my head on his shoulder. Today is going the opposite of what I originally thought. And I'm okay with that. Stiles rests his head against my shoulder and I slightly smile. I could stay like this forever but, it's our life which means something bad could happen at any minute.

As if on cue, a bad feeling washes over me and I lift my head up from off of Stiles' shoulder. I turn my head back to the table we were at and notice that Lydia's gone. I instantly think of the worst and begin to panic. I look around at the swaying bodies and look over faces to see if I can find Lydia. Stiles lifts his head up and concern washes over him.

"What's wrong?" He asks while trying to catch my attention.

"Lydia's gone." I answer before Stiles looks over at the empty table.

"She could've just gone to the bathroom." Stiles suggests while I bring my arms down from his shoulders.

"No, Stiles. I don't think she did." I tell him while my face twists in worry. He drops his hands to the side after realizing how concerned I actually am.

"I have a bad feeling. I need to find her," I explain and he nods.

"Call her." I tell him before turning around and pushing past couples with Stiles following in pursuit.

When we make it out into the hall I feel cool air wash over me and I sigh at the nice feeling. I quickly turn towards Stiles while he turns his phone off.

"She's not answering." He tells me.

"She must be looking for Jackson." I say and he nods in agreement. I turn my head to look to the right of the hallway and when I see Jackson, alone, my heart leaps into my throat.

"Where the hell have you been?" Stiles asks while his face twists in anger.

"Did you see Lydia? Do you know where Lydia is?" I ask quickly. Jackson stays quiet and his breath deepens.

"What? What's wrong?" Stiles asks while my face contorts in a mixture of confusion and concern.

"I-I was out behind the school, and I...I was...out..." Jackson trails off while trying to catch his breath. I notice droplets of sweat running down his face and my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"What happened?" I ask while my voice begins to rise. He doesn't answer and a part of me wants to slap him.

"Jackson, where's Lydia? What happened?" I yell. Stiles places his hand on my back and I begin to slowly calm down.

"What did you do?" Stiles asks while his eyes narrow at Jackson.

"Forget it." I grumble before beginning to walk towards the exit of the school with Stiles following me. My mind wanders off to Peter and once we step outside the field lights flash on and my heart skips a beat.

"Stiles." I whisper while keeping my stare on the lights that flood the lacrosse field. He looks over to it and grabs my quickly. The bad feeling lingers in the pit of my stomach and I feel like I'm going to be sick. Stiles pulls me along with him towards the field and I don't hesitate to pick up my speed. I have to let go of his hand for fear that we'll trip over each other. We run across the parking lot and I ignore the pain in my feet as I try to make myself move faster. I can feel the blisters developing underneath the leather of the flats. Two figures come into view from the field and I feel my stomach twist.

"Lydia!" Stiles screams while Peter slowly creeps up on her.

"Lydia run!" I cry. Her face twists in confusion but she also looks to be scared. We're so close, Peter is so close. Peter opens his mouth and fangs replace his canines. The sight makes me pump my legs faster as I try to get to her before Peter does. The thoughts running through my head make me sick as I watch Peter tower over Lydia and wrap his arm around her frail figure. I let out a cry as I watch her body, covered in blood, collapse to the grassy ground. Peter kneels next to her as Stiles and I skid over to them once close enough. Stiles and I both fall to our knees before reaching out to Lydia but stop ourselves when Peter hovers over her body and growls at us.

"For the love of God, please don't kill her." I say without thinking. Ironic how I'm talking to the devil himself.

"Hmm...of course not." Peter responds. Before I could back away, Peter grabs my arm which makes me almost topple on top of Lydia. Peter puts me in a position as if he's going to bite me, my neck facing his mouth. A gasp escapes past my lips. His jacket brushes against the side of my face and my arms slightly shake with fear.

"But you. You I can kill." He whispers against my neck which allows his warm breath to wash over my skin.

"Let her go! Don't kill her!" Stiles pleads.

"Tell me how to find Derek." Peter demands while tears glide down my face.

"W-what?" Stiles asks, his voice cracking.

"Tell me how to find Derek Hale." Peter repeats while running his werewolf nails over my bare leg making my skin crawl. I let out a shaky breath while trying to hold back a sob. I'm more worried about Stiles and Lydia than I am myself.

"I don't know that. How would I know that!?" Stiles' voice rises, fear clear in his voice. I can't see anyone but the field lights and the woods that surround it, which makes me even more scared because I can't see anything that's happening behind me.

"Because you're the clever one, aren't you? And because deception has a particularly acrid scent, Stiles. Tell me the truth...or I will rip her apart. Both of them if I have too." Peter tries to negotiate.

"Don't touch her." I say through my teeth. Peter grabs my throat and holds me out beside him. Out of instinct I put both of my hands around his wrist. My eyes water as I begin to gasp for air. Stiles looks at me, his eyes widening. I can feel my face heating up and I slightly squirm, trying to break free from his grasp.

"Look...look, I don't know, okay? I sw-I swear to God, I have no idea." Stiles tells Peter, hoping he'll take that as an answer.

"Tell me!" Peter yells at Stiles, growling at the end which echos throughout the field. My eyes feel like they're going to pop out of their sockets while my vision begins to blur.  I tighten my grip around his wrist as I continue to gasp for air.

"Okay, okay, okay, look, I--" Stiles trials off while looking at me with fear in his eyes.

"Stiles." I manage to squeak. Peter tightens his hold on my throat and I cry out in pain and fear.

"Let her go!" Stiles pleads.

"Tell me!" Peter growls again.

"I think he knew--" Stiles says while looking at me. Anger begins to appear on his face while he turns towards Peter.

"Knew what?" Peter asks, his voice cold.

"Let her go and I'll tell you." Stiles says, his voice rising. Peter cocks his head to the side before unwrapping his hand around my throat. I collapse onto the cold field before rolling onto my stomach. I cough and let out mangled cries without meaning to. My vision slowly starts coming back to me as well as the sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach.

"Now tell me." Peter demands while Stiles pulls me towards him. The mist on the field rubs against my leg as I'm pulled towards Stiles' tense figure. 

"Derek, I think he--I think he knew he was gonna be caught." Stiles says once setting me close to him. I take deep breaths while reaching my hand out for Lydia. I rub the back of her hand with the pad of my thumb while tears stream down my face. Tonight was supposed to go well. I knew it was too good to be true.

"Yeah." Peter growls, waiting for Stiles to continue.

"And, when they were shot, he and Scott...I think he took Scott's phone." Stiles says, breathing out a sigh of relief while wrapping his right arm around my waist protectively.

"Why?" Peter asks.

"They all have GPS's now." Stiles answers. I look at Peter and watch blood dribble down his mouth. Lydia's blood.

"If he still has it. If it's still on..." I trail off breathlessly.

"You can find him." Stiles finishes.

Allison kisses the window of the bus while looking down at Scott with a smile on her face. Scott just admitted his feelings for her, she can't be any more happier. Scott's smile grows while he watches the girl he loves smile down at him.

"Screw it." Scott says with a smile. He's about to join Allison on the bus but stops himself in place when two cars pull up on either side of him, blocking his path. Scott's smile fades quickly as he slowly realizes what's happening. Allison look back and forth between the two cars while worry replaces her bright face. The headlights shine over Scott, almost blinding him, as he makes out the figure on his right. Allison's father. Scott makes eye contact with Allison before the engines of both cars rev over Allison's rapid heart beat. The two cares drive closer to Scott, going to crush him. Allison watches in fear. Scott's reflexes kick in as he jumps up and lets his feet land on both hoods of the cars. He quickly shifts into his half wolf form. Scott slowly looks up at Allison and watches as her face twists in horror. The secret is out. Allison knows.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.4K 896 46
"Look, I get it. You probably think I'm a total weirdo now. Just please, don't tell anyone. Including Scott." Stiles moved to sit next to her and gra...
404K 10.9K 49
Carver Williams isn't scared of many things. One of those fears, however, she didn't think were true. The mere thought of werewolves and the supernat...
9.8K 429 28
𝐒𝐎𝐏𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 ─ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐄𝐀𝐑 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐃𝐈𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐃 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐎𝐋𝐕𝐄𝐒. Kat has always known what she was going to do with he...
95.1K 1.5K 15
Season 1 Zoey McCall is the twin sister of Scott McCall who has been a werewolf since she was ten and now being sixteen and finding out her brother w...