Older Hiccup x reader- moment...

By clarinetgirl301

Hiccup x reader oneshots More

Please send requests!
Not the Only Hiccup in Town Part Two
Fight
Happy anniversary
Words like knifes and words like roses part 1
Words like knifes and words like roses: part 2
Words like knifes and words like roses part 3
They're wrong
A healed relationship
Too late part 1
Happy snoggletog!
I was tagged
Dragon lady
Question & A/n
One last talk
Hey guys
Not sure what exactly this is
Time to vote!
The votes are in!
Wow I guess you really are that ticklish
I can't sleep without you here
I'm not okay
Sh...You're safe now
I never meant to hurt you
A/n - younow
Drunken confessions
New story!
live
DAPGO
Going live once again
Cynthia Special (Part 1)
Special authors note
For Forever
A/n - Important Information!

Not the Only Hiccup in Town

17.5K 289 390
By clarinetgirl301

This was a request from @dragoneve. Thanks for being my first request, and I hope you like it!

Disclaimer - I don't own any of the characters, and you of course belong to yourself.

Key :

(Y/N) - your name

(Y/NN) - your nickname

(B/N) - brothers name

(Y/H) - your height.

(H/L) - hair length

(H/C) - hair color

And yes this does take place after the events of httyd 2, so if you haven't seen that movie, I hope you don't mind spoilers.

And in my defense, this is my first hiccup x reader. So please go easy on me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Your POV

You saw the island of Berk come into view, and sighed. You wished with all your heart that you could just be back in your village.

"You excited, (Y/N)?" A voice asked.

You turned to see your older brother standing there.

"Not really." You said.

You were leaving your village to stay with your grandmother, who lived on Berk.

"Why not? Your not excited to see our grandmother?" He asked, coming to sit by you.

"Of course I am. I just don't want to live here. I don't know anyone. Plus, they're Vikings." You said, looking at him sadly.

"Just because their Vikings, that doesn't mean their bad people." He laughed.

"Most of them probably are." You huffed, blowing some of your (H/C) hair out of your eyes.

"Look, (Y/N), we're gonna miss you at home, but this will be good for you. You get to be with grandma, and you get the chance to get closer to dragons." He said.

Before you could answer, the ship pulled up the the docks.

You sighed, and got your bags. You stepped off the ship, and got your land legs back.

You turned to your older brother, and smiled at him.

"See ya around (Y/NN)." He said.

"See ya soon (B/N)." You smiled at him.

He smiled back, and he placed the rest of your bags on the docks. He pulled you into a hug, and you hugged back. You knew this would be your last hug from him in a while.

"Love you sis." He said.

"Love you too bro." You said.

He got on the boat, and the boat sailed off again. Before he got to far away, a voice called out.

"Y/N!"

You turn to see your grandmother walking over to you. You smile, and walk to meet her.

"Hey grandma." You say, hugging her.

"Oh sweetie, I missed you so much. How have you been? Where have you gone? What have you been doing?" She asked, millions of questions coming out of her mouth.

You laugh, "Well, I-"

"Oh we'll catch up once we get you settled in. Now come along." She said, interrupting you while picking up some of your bags.

You picked up the rest, and followed her to her house.

"You're in the first room on the right. After you get settled, and we catch up, why don't you go out, and meet some of the other kids around the village?" She suggested.

You shrugged, "I don't know grandma. I'm glad to be here with you, but I don't know if anyone here will like me."

She smiled, setting your stuff down in your new room, and coming back out.

"You will fit right in here sweetie." She said, rubbing your arm.

"How do you know?" You asked.

"Because you're you. How can they not?" She said, giving you a hug.

You hug back, smiling. After a few minutes, she pulls away, and smiles at you.

"Go out and meet some friends." She said.

You nod, feeling nervousness fill your stomach.

You go outside the house just to have a dragon take off right if front of you.

You jump back in surprise, but after seeing the dragons everywhere, you calm down.

You walk around the village, looking around at the people. Vikings were walking around, doing their jobs.

"Hey! New girl!" A voice yelled.

You froze, and a few people appeared next to you.

Two of them were boys, and two of them were girls. Two of them looked like they were twins, and they were all glaring at you.

"Where did you come from?" The boy with brown hair asked.

"Uh, the island of Borg." You said.

"Why are you here?" The boy with long blond hair asked.

"I-I'm living with my grandmother." You stuttered.

"We don't really like newcomers." The blond haired girl said.

Both of the girls pushed you down to the ground, and laughed.

"You should just go back home." The girl with the pretty side braid said.

"I-I can't." You said, sitting up, rubbing the shoulder that you landed on.

"Well, then. Guess you better get used to this." The female twin said.

"Wow, you look so hot when you get feisty." The brown haired boy told the blond girl.

"Shut up Snotlout." The girl rolled her eyes.

You almost laughed at his name. What kind of name was that?

"What? You think my names funny?" The boy that goes by Snotlout asked.

Your grin disappeared, and you quickly shook your head.

"Well, why don't you tell me if my fist is funny?" He said, before punching you straight in the jaw.

You cried out, and grabbed your jaw.

"What are you guys doing?" A new voice asked.

You looked up, to see an auburn haired man standing there. Behind him was a night fury. You eyed it nervously.

The man pushed ahead of the people who were teasing you, and helped you up.

"Why don't you all just go home guys." He said, looking back at them.

They all glared at you, and all of them left. Everyone except the girl with the pretty blond hair that was kept in a side braid.

"Astrid. I suggest you leave too." The man said.

'So that's her name.' You thought.

The girl that goes by Astrid looked at him surprised, before scoffing, and walking off.

The man turned to you, and smiled at you sadly.

"Are you ok?" He asked.

You nodded, rubbing your jaw again. He eyed it nervously as you Avert your eyes to his metal leg. You quickly look back up at the mans face, not wanting to seem rude.

"I'm Hiccup, Chief of Berk. What's your name?" He asked.

You only spend a moment in thought about his name, 'at least it's better then Snotlout.' You think to yourself.

"Uh...I'm (Y/N)." You smile at the boy.

"(Y/N)...I like it." He said.

You blushed, and looked down. It had been a while since someone had made you blush, and for some reason, you were glad it was Hiccup who had.

"So, why don't we get you to the healers, and we can get your jaw checked out." He said, taking you by the wrist, and pulling you towards the night fury.

You slip your hand out of his grasp, and take a few steps back. You weren't totally sure about riding dragons yet.

He looked back at you, and you eyed him nervously, scared of what he might do.

"What's wrong?" He asked, surprising you.

You clear your throat, "I've...uh...never ridden a dragon before." You whisper.

He laughs, "That's all? Riding dragons isn't that bad. In fact, it's fun. Just give it a try."

He gives you the puppy dog eyes, and for some reason, you couldn't stop yourself from getting on the dragon.

He got on in front of you, and the dragon purred.

"Alright bud. We have a new rider with us. Go easy on her ok?" Hiccup asked the dragon.

The dragon nodded, and we flew up. I yelped at the sudden departure, and wrapped my arms around Hiccups middle. I heard him laugh, and suddenly the dragon landed.

I forced a small laugh, and slipped off the night fury.

"What'd I tell ya?" He said, hopping off too.

"It was terrifying." I smile.

"Did I forget to mention that it's always terrifying on your first go? at least you weren't clutching his tail for your life." He grinned at you.

You look at him surprised, and all he does is chuckle.

You have the healers check out your jaw, but they said you were fine, just a little sore.

You both walk out of the hut, and back to Toothless.

"Feeling any better?" He asked.

You nodded, and Hiccup sighed.

"I'm sorry about those guys (Y/N). I know they aren't the most welcoming people on earth, but, I never thought they would go as far as to punch someone." He said.

You shook your head, "It's fine, really."

"No, it's not. They shouldn't have punched you. I'm going to be giving them a serious talking to." He said.

You grinned, and rolled your eyes. He got on Toothless, and helped you back on too.

He took off, and you wrapped your arms around his middle. The ride wasn't that bad this time, but you still felt like you were going to fall off.

He landed in front of your grandmothers house. You smiled, and got off Toothless.

You hadn't noticed that the sun was setting until now. You looked back at Hiccup, and he smiled at you.

"See you tomorrow?" He asked.

You nodded, but sighed. He looked at you confused.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"You've done so much for me. What can I do for you?" You asked.

"You don't have to, (Y/N). I'm the chief. It's my job." He smiled at you.

You rolled your eyes, "But I want to."

He laughed, "Ok, well...you could help out at the dragon arena tomorrow. We train new dragons there."

You smiled, "I'd love to!"

"Great. We really need the extra help. It starts at 8:00 sharp." He explained.

You nodded, "Ok."

"See you then, (Y/N)." He said.

You gave him a simple nod in return, and smiled.

You turned to go inside, when you stopped mid-step. You take a deep breath, and run back to hiccup.

You give him a very small, quick kiss on the cheek. You run back to your door.

"Night Hiccup!" You say, going inside your house.

You hear wings flapping, and look outside. Hiccup and toothless are gone. You bite your lip, and smile.

"Can't wait for tomorrow." You muttered, turning, and walking into your new room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, I know this sucked, but it's my first ever hiccup x reader.

@dragoneve, this is only the first part. The part with the dragon stuff is in the next chapter. I thought I'd make this two parts. I've made you wait long enough, so I didn't want to make you wait any longer for this.

Next part coming up ASAP, I promise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9K 90 33
187 4 29
collection of x reader oneshots