Finding myself

By Just_for_a_change

IIHighest rank no: 3II What are the repercussions of a rejection? 1. Getting numb 2. Failing to care about a... More

Legend
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO HAPPY!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
IMPORTANT!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
So sorry!(Yes this is another one of those dingy notes)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Notice
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Please read
Happy new year
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
IMPORTANT
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Please read
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Important
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Epilogue
Q&A

Chapter 44

4.7K 288 134
By Just_for_a_change

I hear the constant beep of a heart monitor. I feel like I am floating.

Faint voices can be heard. Male voices.

My dad and Blaze?

I can't hear what they are saying. But from their tone, I can guess they are arguing over something.

I feel the warmth on my hand. As if someone is holding it. I can't see who it is, but from the soft feminine sobs and her scent, I know it is my mom.

I want to wake up to ask all of them to shut up. But I am too tired as I am once again pulled into the oblivion of sleep.

.......................................................................

I slowly open my eyes. The white light is too blinding.

As soon as she sees me gaining back my consciousness I hear my mom calling me,

"Zara?"

Aah, the sweet sweet melody of mom's voice. No wonder dad fell in love with her. I used to wish I was half as graceful as her.

When she sees me trying to get up, she immediately rushes over and adjusts the pillow for me.

"How are you now? Are you feeling okay? Any signs if nausea or dizziness?" She asks me holding my elbow.

I pull away from her and give her a blank stare. Why is she so concerned about me now?

What did she say again?

Forgot me? Yeah right! And her memory suddenly came back upon seeing me. Yeah, I don't buy it. With all that beauty, you wouldn't expect her to be a fake.

And yet, why do her eyes look so sincere?

She looks hurt by my rejection as if she is trying to hold back tears. For a second, I feel guilty. Especially since she has dark circles under her eyes and she looks like she may have lost some sleep over me.

She rings the bell to alert the nurses and the doctor, and soon they come running.

She also seems to be texting dad. I could intercept the signals to know what exactly she is texting but I couldn't be bothered.

The doctor runs some tests on me while I lay motionless for it to finish.

I try speaking with Zian.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT ALL ABOUT?" I shout in my mind.

She doesn't respond to me.

I close my eyes and rub my head.

"Are you okay? Do you need water?" My ever-observant mother's voice cuts through.

I ignore her.

"ZIAN!"

I shout.

No response.

I can feel her there. She is purposefully ignoring me. Sly wolf.

As soon as I hear the doctor telling my mom that I am alright I rip out the tubes that were sticking into my veins and get out of the bed.

My mom screams at me to get back on the bed while the doctor tries to reason.

"Miss Zara, you have been severely dehydrated and you need the blood transfusion, else your body would not able to function properly." He says.

I glare at him. And at my mom.

I can see her and the nurses behind her swallowing in fear.

"Zara, please..." my mother says, her voice trailing off. Her eyes brim over with tears. What an excellent actress. I want to feel sorry for her. I really do.

"I have been in similar situations the past few years and I have survived just fine without medical help. Tell me, why would I need your help now?" I ask.

I turn to leave, and the first step has me dizzy for a second. I hold onto the nearest wall.

My mom tries to help me.

"Don't. touch. me." I growl at her lowly.

"I won't if you promise to go back to bed." She says.

"I don't need to promise you anything." She makes me laugh, to be honest.

The coolness I feel on my legs alerts me to the fact that I am in fact wearing a hospital gown without anything underneath.

Great.

I take a deep breath to find my bearings and tune into the nearest device to check the time and date.

Jesus, I have been out three days straight.

The doctor, my mom, and the nurses look at me with concern as I push myself from against the wall and make my way to the door.

However, before I can open it, it is opened by a wall of towering muscle.

The height makes me double over to prevent myself from falling down with dizziness.

My dad and Blaze come in and as soon as dad sees me, he rushes over to me.

Even Blaze looks concerned. He has Jem with him. She too seems to be looking over at me with worry.

"Why is she out of bed? Doctor, is she well enough to be discharged?" My dad shouts.

"No, she-" the doctor is rudely interrupted by my dad.

"Then why are you out? Get back to bed." He says almost lifting me up.

"No." I fight and push him away.

He looks at me with panic.

"Why? Don't you feel comfortable here? We can shift to another hospital in the pack if that's the case. If its the staff, I can change them too." He says. He is so desperate.

"No, I have told this once and I will say it again. I have taken care of myself in similar situations before, and I can do it again. I don't need your help." I stress.

"I don't care about that. You are here now, and we will help you. "

He says with conviction.

I have never seen him so persistent.

"If you wanted to help me so much, where were you when I needed you? Where were you when I was being abused and assaulted by my aunt? Where were you when I was being shunned by the whole pack? Where were you when my mate rejected me and chose someone else over me? Where were you when I first shifted. Where were you when I needed you the most? Don't make me laugh. Since you yourself was a factor that rejected me when I needed you the most. " I laughed maniacally. It was liberating to get it all out and go crazy.

I noticed the warmth on my face. I was crying. It felt like that time years ago when I shifted. I don't know if I was crying by laughing so much or if I was actually crying.

Except now, people who have wronged me are standing around me. All looking at me concern as I laughed at the irony of it. They hurt me and now they want to help me?

All of them drive me crazy. And without my wolf's back up, I was vulnerable as ever.

"Dad, don't make promises you can't keep," I tell him as I push past him.

He looks to be taken aback.

Blaze looks conflicted. And Jem looks worried like before.

Mom looks like she has shed some tears after my moving speech. She is currently staring at Jem with a blank look on her face. But her hands fisted by her sides is a dead give away. She wants to tear Jem to pieces. Maybe mom's not too bad after all.

"We can discuss your past later. Right now you need rest. I don't care if I have to carry you the bed and tie you there until you recover, you will rest now. " my dad lowly.

There is a conviction in what he said that used to scare me when I was staying with during mom's coma.

"Oh yeah? Try me." I growl back.

Damn, Zian is not there to back me up. She is also recovering. I guess I will have to do this on my own. With my skill. Or preferably with an electric 'accident.' At this point, I don't care if it might give away about my powers.

My senses are severely dulled without Zian. And my movements are slow. I am lethargic from all the drugs. I am hardly able to stand. Yet, the idea of a fight excites me.

The nurses and the doctor backs away to the corner of the room to avoid getting mauled. While my mom stands her ground, looking at my dad and me with conflict.

However, before we could start anything, I feel a sharp hit to my shoulder.

It doesn't make me faint because I have had sufficient training. But it paralyzes me with all the drugs that are already running through my veins.

I collapse at Blaze's feet. He hit me. He has a blank face now.

"Listen to your father, you need your rest, alpha princess." He whispers to me.

My eyes widen. It didn't take long for him to acknowledge that I wasn't an omega. He accepted it.

His eyes gleamed blue with concern he was trying to hide.

The doctor stuck a syringe in my vein.

The last thing I remember is Blaze's Adonis-like face that hovered above me. He looked like a god from this angle with his muscles bulging through. And his eyebrow piercing that shone in the light. I badly wanted to rip it out.

...................................................................................................

Next stop, Blaze and Dex's talk.

The next chapter will be up on Friday. Let me know what you thought of it.

You know the drill.

Comment and vote if you like the chapter. I want to know what you think. And yes, I will respond to all your comments.

That's all for today lovelies.

Bye.

P.S. I know it was a short chapter. It was a milestone so I thought I would leave it here :)

P.P.S I will compensate with the next chapter hopefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 184 34
I've watched and witnessed the mate bond between numerous wolves throughout the years. Werewolves. We all have a mate. One that is meant to be the...
905K 19.7K 31
#303 in werewolf What would you do if your mate rejected? What if her mate through you into a spider pit? What if you did something worse....and acce...
4.1M 71.5K 40
What happens when a girl finally runs away from her abusive past to be free only to run into her mate? And her mate just happens to be an alpha...of...
596K 15.1K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...