The Silence We Fill | MYG

Oleh BangtanNova

"Don't you see? They're out there, waiting for us! They sit there, all eyes watching the stage, wanting somet... Lebih Banyak

~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Zero
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Mini Chapter
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Epilogue
Ending A/N

Chapter Nineteen

67 5 2
Oleh BangtanNova

Ernst Mielck: Romance

Cello and Piano

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

"Min, you look. . ." I smile, laughing softly. 

The blue haired boy smirks, holding his hands out in a shrug like motion. "I know. I'm Min Yoongi, I look good in anything." He tells me before snickering.

His black suit fit him so well, the clothing making him look so professional. Especially since the last few days, he had been in over sized shirts and shorts. Not to mention the fact that his hair was barely groomed. But now, his hair was was fixed as if stylists themselves had done it. And now, soft makeup adorned his features.

He looked perfect.

"Well I don't know if that's true but-" I snicker as I trail off, seeing him want to call out but not wanting to be rude either.

"It must suck to be blind." He says instead of the words that I know include swearing and playfully sharp words. 

I snort. "Don't say that about yourself. After all, you haven't complimented this." I murmur, waving my free hand down to my outfit.

While I refused to wear a dress, I put on a skirt and blouse. Same as the town competition. Though I was fixed far more nicely, my hair styled in the most complicated way I could make it. I also wore makeup, hoping for it to noticeable even if it was natural.

"Ah, right. Because we love a girl who fishes for compliments." He jokes, laughing when I lightly push him. 

Though we quickly become serious when they call another contestant to the stage.

At the moment, the two of us sat on a bench near the entrance of the stage. We could hear the music playing and the sound of others chattering to their partners. Most conversations were full of worry as they spoke of the possibility of failing.

Hint: Most.

The present conversation was the one of bragging and gloating of how well the team would do. Jisoon and Youngseo. Their young faces were full of confidence, so much that it could be described as childish. But they were children, it would only be right that they did have such young tendencies.

"We should go easy, they don't stand a chance." Jisoon snickers, causing Youngseo to roll his eyes but nod in agreement.

That phrase was only just the tip of the iceberg. A lot of their words consisted of calling names to certain teams. I would clench my teeth whenever they threw a dirty word to some innocent player who simply wanted to collect themselves. Yoongi just watched with abandon, simply huffing under his breath disapprovingly. 

"Min, what's our number again?" I ask quietly, hoping to not gain the two teens attention. They hadn't called at us yet, and I was beyond grateful.

"Fourteen. We're dead in the middle."

The two of us wince at the words.

Anyone who played at a competition knew the middle was the worst. Either be the very first, or somewhere last. Because anything in between would be, most likely, forgotten.

"It'll be fine. We just have to play like we've practiced." I murmur, my optimism contrasting his realistic facts. But thankfully, Yoongi is quiet instead of bursting the bubble. 

"Number thirteen, please come to the stage."

We were next.

Yoongi and I look at each other before I crack a small smile. "Don't worry. We'll do fine."

The stress in his eyes doesn't leave and I'm sure mine is still present.

Though, for as long as we had waited, my anxiety wasn't truly there. It never was.

Instead, adrenaline is what flows through me. Adrenaline that makes me what to rush to stage and show myself for what I am. It was a feeling that always came, a feeling that made me wish the stage could come to me faster.

Yet, now that I had a partner, I knew the exact opposite was true for him.

And my heart broke for him.

Because I could see how terrified Yoongi was behind his snarky comments and false confidence. His fingers shook lightly, the man forcing himself to hold onto the edge of his suit to try and make them stop. Though even when he eliminated that, the rest could be seen on his face. His eyes weren't as alert, nor was his body. His eyes simply looked at me or his lap, never glancing around like they normally would.

I could hear the start of the end for the piece that was being played on the stage.

Making a split second decision, I tap his shoulder. The action makes him look at me, his eyes flashing. I know it's too similar to what happened only days ago, but I needed it to be.

"Thank you." I just murmur. It's silent before I give a nervous smile, mostly for the fact that Yoongi is giving me all his attention and what I say is either going to help or hurt immensely. "We're in this together. Just like we have been for the past week and a half. We'll be on the stage together, just like all those other times." 

Yoongi seems to not know how to react, his whole body showing how unfamiliar he is with the situation and words. This wasn't coming from his brothers, but a stranger. A stranger who just so happened to be working with him.

"Let's show them what we got." I tell him finally, standing and grabbing my violin before holding my hand out to him.

He hesitates before taking it, the hand shaking within mine but I don't stop to show that I notice. Instead, I pull him up and lead him to the stage.

I feel everyone's eyes on us, but I don't focus on them.

Instead, I just turn back to Yoongi and give him one more smile.

"Just imagine we're practicing."

And I see the two get off stage before our number is called.

"Come on." I loosen my hold in case he wants to let go and I feel his hand stay for a moment before it drops.

And then, we're on stage.

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

Our walk up makes me want to curl up with how many are viewing. But I try to keep my chin high as I walk to my place. Stopping before Yoongi, I watch him get to the piano, adjusting the stool before sitting and resting his hands on the keys.

I try to not look into the crowd, focusing on the violin in front of me.

When I know he's ready, I start to make the rich tone that also sets his off piano. The soft sound, fills the hall and I smile softly. 

Yoongi works perfectly, just like he did when he played in the town hall. And I try to follow, thankfully succeeding.

I glance over to him, seeing his rigid body that works like a machine. I can't help be saddened by the fact but I try to work as well as I can with the idea of no emotion. My hands ache to move faster, to show my thanks to the boy I'm currently working with. Or maybe to show how sad I am for him that he works in such a way. 

With my thoughts, I don't realize that my violin is meant to stop for a moment, causing me to have to stop almost abruptly in order to not make a worse mess.

I try to not flinch though I see Yoongi wince lightly, his hands working even if he grows slightly distracted too.

Crap. 

I'm sorry.

The violin comes back in and I start again, telling myself to focus despite knowing that points have already been taken off.

I'm so sorry.

When the violin silences again, I catch it, stopping when needed.

Yoongi seems to relax slightly when I do stop playing, something that causes my heart to pound a bit more harshly. Though I can't blame him.

His piano is perfect and I take a deep breath, closing my eyes to listen to it for a few moments. It was beautiful, so right, that it makes me wonder how he's human. Just like when I first watched him.

I can't go to deep into my thoughts because I catch when I must jump in again, my violin starting on time.

My eyes stay closed, not wanting to see, not just the crowd, but Yoongi too.

It's near the end of the song, as our instruments grow louder than all past sounds it's already made. And I'm thankful.

The notes are calm, becoming rich before they drift off.

When I open my eyes, I hear clapping and soft murmuring that critiques our playing. Or, rather, my playing. Because all those who murmur, train their judgmental gazes onto me while those who clap watch Yoongi proudly.

I gulp harshly before bowing, my stomach in knots and mind rushing with words that would harm me if I wasn't so focused on the nauseous feeling that overtakes my body.

I start to walk off the stage, the weight of the world leaving along with me. 

And before know it, I'm crouching in front of the first trashcan I see, brunch leaving my stomach faster than it had entered.

"Kim?" Yoongi rushes up, quickly moving any hair that could get dirty. I hear him call for someone to get a water bottle and towel, something that's quickly followed by how he gives me the water once my stomach is empty.

And even though his nose is scrunched up in disgust, he moves me to lean against the wall, helping lift the bottle before then handing me the towel. I wipe my face, cheeks burning from both embarrassment and, well, throwing up.

"Are you okay?" He whispered, brushing back some of my hair to keep it out of my face.

I nod lightly, my whole body feeling rested even if it was sore. "Sorry. I-" Before I can expand on my apology, Yoongi sends me a look that tells me that I should stop before he gives me a lecture. So, instead, I just say, "I get nervous once I'm done with the performance." 

Yoongi nods before bringing his hand back. His eyes glance to the trash can and he winces, disgust crossing his face. "We can get someone to take that." 

I close my eyes before I chuckle lightly. "I don't doubt they'll have to handle other bags like that." 

Yoongi snorts before moving, sitting next to me by how his arm brushes against mine. 

When I open my eyes again, I look to him only to see him starting to loosen his tie and sleeves. I can't help but watch for a few moments before my instincts kick in. But when they do kick in, I lightly smack his arm, causing him to look at me with a raised brow.

"Don't do that here. It's not professional." 

You know what wasn't professional? Your little mess up on stage.

The thought causes me to falter, and quickly I remember why I had grown so nauseous in the first place.

At my scolding, he huffs only to completely take off his tie and rest it on his shoulders. After doing that, he lightly shrugs one of his sleeves off his shoulder. 

"Sorry, what?" He gives me a grin and I smile softly. Because even though he's being sarcastic, I can hear the slight desperation in the back of his voice to try and cheer me up. His eyes show the knowledge of my thoughts.

Was I that easy to read already?

"Dork." I mutter, shaking my head as I grab the suit and quickly drag it up to cover his shoulder. Like a mom would. 

Though he just quickly shakes it off again.

"I'm sorry, but I believe I'm older than you Kim. Are you really going to disrespect someone older than you like that?"

I laugh softly and nudge him with my own shoulder. 

"You really are a dork."

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

During intermission, we decide to go and find the rest of the boys. Mostly so that, by Yoongi's words, I could get some fresh air and maybe some gum. 

It was still easy to find them, the tall, handsome men strolling through the crowd easily and with smiles. The first one to notice us this time is Jimin, the boy grinning and racing over when he sees us.

"That was awesome!" 

It's the first thing he says and it draws a lot of others' attention, including Jisoon and Youngseo. Youngseo raises a brow before looking to the girl next to him who mutters something.

I force my attention back to the excited boy in front of us, who of which is now hugging Yoongi. The blue haired boy huffs before patting his back, obviously embarrassed but seeming to push through it for the younger one.

I smile to him, earning a roll of his eyes but his cheek pokes out as his tongue moves, the habit replacing what would be messing with his ear. 

Once Jimin pulls away, he looks to me. "You did awesome too, Noona." His attempt of a flirt would have caused me to blush if my stomach didn't drop at the comment before it.

You did awesome. But did you? If you had, you wouldn't have messed up.

I just put on a smile, laughing softly. "Thanks Jimin." 

The difference of reaction isn't missed by Jimin, and especially not Yoongi.

Though no one rests on it as Yoongi changes the subject, "Do any of you have a stick of gum?" He asks, putting his hand out for them to give him one.

Jin huffs, "Rude." He mutters as joke though nudges Hoseok who is already digging into his small purse around his belt loop. 

"Why do you want gum? Didn't we give you some this morning?" Taehyung asks, snorting as he looks to Jungkook. The youngest follows suit, shrugging wordlessly. 

"You did. But I want some now." Yoongi throws back, causing Taehyung to put his hands up in surrender.

I smile sheepishly as I raise my hand lightly, "It's for me. I wasn't feeling too well after we played."

Everyone changes from judgmental to mostly worried. The difference makes Yoongi huff, looking at me with a feigned betrayed gaze. 

"Are you okay?" Jimin asks, his voice softer as he steps up as if to make sure if I'm still sick or not.

"Oh, yeah, I'm fine now. Don't worry. Just stage jitters." I try to play it off, though their gazes still stay worried. Yoongi nudges me, causing me to jump lightly before I see the stick of gum. "Thanks Min." I then look to Hoseok, smiling. "And thank you Hoseok." 

Hoseok grins and nods. "I keep gum on me all the time, don't worry."

Jimin frowns, "Are you sure you're okay YN? You should rest today." He's already ushering me to one of the sofas in the room, my feet stumbling over each other from the heels that I wear. He seems proud once I'm sitting, also sitting down next to me. "Do you have water?"

Yoongi rolls his eyes as he smacks the back of Jimin's head. "Fool." 

Jimin yelps and turns to the older one, "Yah! That hurt!"

"Yah?" 

Jimin blushes from the slip, "Sorry hyung. But it did hurt!" He complains, something to which Yoongi softens and bit and pats his head as a sorry.

"You are a fool. She's fine. If not, I would have not let her out and would have made her stay seated. I trust Kim's word." Yoongi looks to me and I tense when he does, not knowing what to do. "You are fine, right Kim?" When I give a small nod, he looks back to Jimin, "See?"

Namjoon chuckles, "Yoongi hyung, you're going to cause a scene." He mumbles, lightly grabbing Yoongi's shoulder only to gesture to what he means.

And sure enough, a few people were looking at us. Including the young team.

"Ah, sorry." Yoongi shuffles on his feet and Namjoon chuckles before simply waving it off.

I smile, "Thank you Yoongi, and thank you Jimin." I tell the two to try and calm them down too.

Before they can respond, someone suddenly asks, "When does the competition end?" Everyone turns, meeting Taehyung's gaze. He blinks before motioning to Jungkook with his thumb, the youngest gasping before playfully hitting him. 

Yoongi rolls his eyes, "I know it's boring but that was awfully blunt." He jokes, causing me to snicker.

"It ends in another hour." I answer for Yoongi, giving a small smile to Taehyung who nods. 

"Already counting down the time? But you haven't seen us yet." 

I turn to the voice, my stomach racking with nerves when I see Youngseo and Jisoon. 

Yoongi sighs, "Sorry, we can't talk. We were actually about to leave." He mumbles, holding both hands out for Jimin and I to take. Though right as we're about to, I feel Jisoon grab my shoulder to keep me seated. 

"Oh, but I thought you wanted her to rest? After all, I saw her vomiting her guts out." The young girl scrunches her nose. "She must have felt really bad for messing up if she threw up."

"I'm right here thank you very much. It's rude to talk about someone older than you, especially if they're right there." I throw back, though my voice is weak. And I'm sure everyone can tell, from the two competitors, to the six boys, to Yoongi.

"Awe, sorry YN." She apologizes, refusing to use honorifics to me.

I shrug off her hand before standing up, also grabbing Jimin by his hand to heft him up too.

"But have you apologized to Yoongi? I mean you could have costed him the chance to get further." Youngseo says this time, snickering.

Was I this easy to read? 

"Hey, leave her alone. She didn't do anything wrong. And it's not 'Yoongi'. It's Min." Yoongi shoots back before looking down to me where I simply gulp to force back the guilt.

"It's fine, lets just go." I mutter to them, starting to usher the group. All of them are tense, seemingly ready to get into a fight for the sharp words that were thrown. The most obvious is Jimin, who's teeth are clenched and eyes dark from the anger.

Yoongi was a close second, his usually neutral face completely overtaken by the disgust and irritation. His tongue moves in his mouth as a silent threat, eyes narrowed and chin lifted. If it had been any other moment, he would have been insanely attractive. But it wasn't any other moment, and I was more worried of just keeping them calm.

In fact, the rest of the boys were too. 

Namjoon, Jin, and Hoseok handled Yoongi while the two youngest tried to keep Jimin under.

"It's okay, she can apologize to him when they're sent home. I mean, she's going to be working at some restaurant while her mom smiles, finally happy that her daughter realized that she can only be a labor worker." Jisoon calls across the room, gaining everyone's attention.

At that, I stop, turning around with horrified eyes. "What?"

When they see my expression, they start laughing. The sound is harsh and ugly against the otherwise calm air. 

Jisoon grins, "What do you mean, 'what'? Like we didn't hear you screaming a few days ago! Everyone believes her, you know. Your mom I mean. You might as well go home now and take that job she found! After all, she had to beg for it, right? She had to beg for you to become a restaurant worker!" 

My vision becomes blurry, and I know that my eyes are tearing from the shame that bubbles up in my stomach. My hands are shaking, more so than when we got off the stage. And the world seems to be fading, everyone disappearing besides those who stare at me coldly.

I hear a few people murmur. People that are other contestants. 

Youngseo snickers while Jisoon continues, "And no doubt, Yoongi will be forced to the same fate all because of you. There's no way you'll get first place now. Only if he had another partner!"

I don't want to be here.

Get me out of here. 

Please.

Someone.

Anyone.

. . . 

. . . 

. . . 

Tap.

Tap.

Tap. Tap.

Tap tap. 

I turn to the tapping. 

The tapping I feel on my shoulder.

"YN, let's go." Yoongi whispers, grabbing my hand before pulling me out of the room. 

End of Chapter Nineteen

Ahhhhhh 

Everyone, thank you for supporting this story. There's so much more to get through and so much more to write but there's so much more to experience. 

I'm so thankful for the 200 reads on this story. I wrote this planning to thank everyone for 100 reads but instead, in a matter of two days, I was given another 100. 
The votes, the reads, the comments, thank you for all of it. I hope I can continue writing chapters that'll make you proud. 

If there's anything special I can do, then please tell me! From a Q and A to a double update or to a special chapter I'll do it! As a thanks~

I purple all of you because your support keeps me writing

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

1.8M 58.4K 50
Min Yujin did not have it easy. Being several years younger than her brother Yoongi, she was always left in his shadow growing up. While their parent...
119K 4.9K 24
'and what if I want to be yours Min Yoongi?' 'you know what I am y/n. you can't be serious' -- Y/N, the girl with no friends. No interaction. Nothin...
3.8K 211 20
You are an aspiring actress working at a club until you make your big break. One night at work is super busy an accident happens in the VIP section...
29.7K 1.7K 9
"I need-a muse." "And you think I can help you with that?" "I have no idea if this could work. But what I do know is that I am going to need you th...