Heart buried treasures

By pinkycool012

Highest rankings- #3 in spiritual. #1 in compassion. Faaiz hasnayn is a fa... More

Heart buried treasures
Chapter One:Anger and Frustration
Chapter Two:promises and Proposals
Chapter Three:Introduction and Revelation
Chapter Four:Wedding and Aftermath
Chapter Five:New beginnings and Adjustment
Chapter Six:confrontation and Reality
Author's Note
Chapter seven:Curiosity and Resolution
Chapter eight:Visitation and Conformation
Chapter nine:Disappointment and Differences
Chapter ten:Meetings And Outcome
Chapter eleven:Assertiveness and Declaration
Chapter twelve: Dinner and Disaster
Chapter Thirteen:Acquaintance and Intimacy
Chapter Fourteen:Visit And News
Chapter Fifteen:Trip And Treat
Chapter Sixteen:Weekend And Mischief
Chapter Seventeen: Invitation And Surprise
Chapter Eighteen:Misunderstanding And Encounter
Chapter Nineteen:Appearance And Preparations
Chapter Twenty:Party And Drama
Chapter Twenty One:Outburst And Decision
Chapter Twenty Two:Challenge And Dispute
Chapter Twenty Three:Memories And Unexpectations
Chapter Twenty Four:Persuasion And Return
Chapter Twenty Five:Transformation And Changes
Chapter Twenty Six:Arrival And Amazement
Chapter Twenty Seven:Illness And Warmth
Chapter Twenty Eight:Connection And Incidence
Chapter Thirty:Clashes And Dispute
Chapter Thirty One:Emotion And Realization
Chapter Thirty Two:Ruefulness And Desperation
Chapter Thirty Three: Discovery And Distraction
Chapter Thirty Four: Instigation And Desperation
Chapter Thirty Five: Disclosure And Consolation
Chapter Thirty Six: Interest And Mildness
Chapter Thirty Seven:Hangout And Bafflement
Chapter Thirty Eight:Bewilderment And Curiosity
Chapter Thirty Nine: Past...
(Glimpse Of The Past)
Chapter Forty: ...And Confessions
Chapter Forty One: Intimacy And Contrition
Chapter Forty Two: Affection And Attractions
Chapter Forty Three: Passion And Trauma
Chapter Forty Four: Grief And Awareness
Chapter Forty Five:Departure And Nostalgia
Last Chapter: Afterwards And Ever after
Epilogue
New book alert

Chapter Twenty Nine: Bonding And Moment

1.3K 78 4
By pinkycool012

'You are afraid to tell people how you feel because It'll destroy them, So you bury it deep inside yourself where it destroys you' - a.s write

"Here" He extended the meal to her.

"Thanks" She said without making eye contact.

He then stood up and paced around the room.

She had woken up and was surprised to find him beside her. He was on his laptop though. As soon as he sensed her movement, he came to her aid. And she was told she passed out.

He asked how she was feeling and she of course doubted his sincerity. She asked of Neemah and was told she got a call from home, claiming it was an emergency. She had left reluctantly and promised to check back as soon as she can.

Mariam had rushed in and was all over her. After some while, sensing the couples needed privacy she left the room and inform Hanan she's just a yell away if she needs her.

Faaiz has been silent since then only speaking if there's a need to. He then left the room.. He took long which left her with the thought that he might have left for work. But she was proven wrong when he showed up, tray in hand.

He brought her food.

She avoided eye contact as she chewed. Sumptuous! The food tasted really different. She was sure it wasn't Sofia who prepared it. Probably granny, maybe its one of her special recipe. She enjoyed her meal.. The best she has had in ages. The meal is the second best compared to her mum's.

She eyed him skeptically. "No work today?"

He gave her a bored look. "You never get tired of asking me that question?"

"Of course not. Since that seem to be your favourite slang and excuse every single time"

He rubbed his face wearily. "I'm not going to office"

"No important meeting?" He glared at her and she tried her real best not to giggle.

"Surprisingly, I do. But that has been sorted out. I already did it online. Which is why I've been engrossed with my laptop. I made a conference call with them."

"Oh" He nodded Yes.

If he could always do this, Why the need to be in a hurry everytime? Always rushing to board Meetings. She thought with an eye roll.

"That case is different"

Oops! She must have thought out loud.
"Don't tell me I said that out. Or you can't seriously tell me you've turned to a mind reader"

"Who knows. Considering the fact that am a genius. Am good at all I do"

"Save me the flattery" She rolled her eyes.

"What made the case different?" She asked not wanting to evade the question.

"My wife is sick" Her heart skipped two beats. But she knew better than anyone not to fall for his charms.

"Hmm"

"Yeah. And she needs me" He gave a hard stare. And she gulped, looking away from his hot gaze.

Where have you been all this while? She wanted to ask Instead. But she let it slip.

He went back to his laptop, furiously typing away his attention fully on it. She quietly ate her meal. Her stupid heart wandering back to his earlier statement. She didn't let it get to her, so she wouldn't get her hopes shattered again.

She needed to use the bathroom. tried getting up but she still felt weak. He, still so engrossed in whatever he was doing didn't notice her action. She noticed her dress was changed. She panicked. She was wearing her pyjamas. Her hair let loose.

Oh no!

Who changed her clothes? She thought anxiously.

She glanced at Faaiz few feet away from her. And calculated her steps. If she was being careful she can make it to the bathroom without him noticing.

She got up and unknowingly, the cup fell on the side and the water spilled to the floor. She successfully made it to the bathroom without him noticing. Unfortunately, on her way back, she was busy tiptoeing not to let Faaiz see her and not notice the water on the tiled floor and she slipped.

She yelped. She was expecting to hit the ground with full force but was rather surprised when she didn't hear the sound. Rather, she felt a hand Instead. She opened her eyes.
Faaiz!

"What the heck were you thinking?" He scolded. "You could have told me where you were headed"

"Went to use the bathroom"

After gaining her balance, she tried to leave his grasp but his grip on her tightened. They both got lost in each other's eye. His gaze faltered all of a sudden. "What's this?"

He noticed her exposed neck and caught a glimpse of her arm. She panicked. "Its Nothing"

She forcefully left his grasp. And hurriedly made her way to the bed and put on the cardiagan and pulling up the zip.

"Who changed me?" She asked Instead.

"Sofia" He responded and she heaved a relief sigh.

She wasn't ready for this. "Answer my question. You didn't respond the last time either. What mark was that?" He moved closer to her and scrutinized her.

She looked away from his scrutinizing  gaze. "Faaiz please.." The question making her nervous and anxious.

"Did anything happen to you? Was it an incident from your childhood? A scar?... "He kept on guessing.

Oh Faaiz..

She fought back tears. "I'm sorry if I'm being nosy"

What?

"I'd understand if you can't tell me. After all, everyone has a story to tell. We all have a past that defines us. I'm sorry for prying"

She suddenly lost her voice. She didn't know what else to say. How on earth would she start explaining where she got her scars from. Or his reaction if he finds out the stories behind it. He only saw one of it and he freaked out. What if he sees the remaining brutal ones?

"Why do you care?" She whispered. She saw hurt flashed his eyes and she looked away not wanting to be a victim of his again. His eyes are a trap.

"Seriously?"

"Its just a question, you needn't be all riled up about it"

"Are you ready to answer?"

Hanan hesitated "The truth please"

His eyes held tender emotions, Not the usual coldness or irritation. She fidgeted with her nails. He got closer to her and tucked her hair behind her ear.

"You can trust me"

Her heart swelled. 4 words that meant a lot to her world. Out of nowhere, she hugged him. Tight. She didn't know what came over her but she did.

He hesitated at first and she wanted to withdraw but then, he wrapped his arms around her. She felt safe. She felt secured. His arms held comfort. An haven. What she craved for so long. Her mom's hug was Nothing compared to this hug. She felt protected.

All of a sudden, she burst to tears. And she couldn't seem to control it. It flowed from her eyes. The emotions she kept bottled in for long all came to burst. She wept and he rubbed soothing hugs on her back and ran his other hand through her hair.

After she had calmed down, they stayed that way until his phone ringing interrupted them. He gently moved her back as he got up to answer it. She heard hushed responses as she used the medium to fix up her messed up self.

He hung up and came to her "Feeling better now?"

She nodded then blushed "I'm sorry your shirt is ruined"

He looked amused. "Atleast it isn't lipstick or anything"

When she got the meaning of what he said she blushed and hit him with a pillow which he dodged effortlessly.
"You are something else"

His lips twitched. "Smile. Laugh. Let it out. Mr Poker face" She huffed.

He looked away, an unknown emotion in his eyes. "The world doesn't deserve my smile"

"Faaiz?"

"Huh?"

She wanted to enjoy this moment not knowing what might happen next. His behaviour always leaving her confused.

He beat her to it "Hope you are really okay and we shouldn't risk you fainting again?"

She smiled slightly "You don't have to freak out. Am sure better now"

"You've actually refused to tell me right?"

She knew where he was heading to. The topic already making her scared and self conscious "Another time please. When the need comes. I promise"

He nodded in understanding and gave her hand a warm squeeze portraying his emotions through it.

"Are you done with your work?"

He glanced at his laptop "Nope"

"Okayy.. "

His expression darkened. She traced his eyes. The bracelet. "He gave you that didn't he?"

She knew who he was referring to. She nodded slowly. She waited for his reaction. But to her astonishment, he didn't reveal any. "You not annoyed?"

"Should I be?"

"I thought you were angry 'cos of it"

He shut his eyes momentarily as he glanced at her wrist, his hand on hers.

Someone barges in "Oops! Hope am not interrupting anything?" And she closed her eyes.

Faaiz rolled his eyes "Granny, stop being dramatic and just open your eyes" She opened one eye cautiously, then the other.

Hanan giggled and that was when she noticed their hands are intertwined, and their sitting posture! Mariam being Mariam over exaggerated. Faaiz stood up and packed his things.

"Where to?" Hanan asked

"My study"

"Okay"

"Stop acting like an obsessed lover. Its not like I'm running away" Hanan gasped and Mariam chuckled.

She threw the nearest object she could lay her hands on and threw it at him. And it Hit him directly on the nose. "Ouch!"

"Serves you right!" Mariam laughed watching the duos and contentment surged through her.

He left the room with "I'm so gonna do mine back"

"Revenge is for the weakling" She yelled after him.

Mariam shook her head "I can see you are better now"

"Yupp. "

"Glad to see"

Just then Sofia entered. She seemed odd. "And oh, Thanks for the meal. It was sumptuous."

"Meal?" Mariam asked puzzled.

"Yeah meal"

"I wasn't the one that prepared it"

They then turned to Sofia who was busy filling the mug. She seemed lost in thought. "What's wrong?"

Her hands trembled. "You've been behaving weird lately. Are you okay?"

She nodded "Am good. Its nothing ma'am"

There's definitely something wrong. "You can talk to me" She hesitated

"If you feel I'm the one hindering you from speaking, I can always excuse you"

"Of course not ma. Its just.. " She fidgeted with her palm. "Young master threatened to sack me"

"What? Why?" They both said in unison.

"The day he found out you were ill. He said if anything should happen to you, I'm so done. That i could have informed him when you were ill but Instead I chose to keep mute and watched you grow worse. He was really angry when he said it and I got really scared"

She then knelt down and grabbed Mariam's leg pleading earnestly "Pls ma'am, this is my only source of livelihood. I don't want it to be taken away from me. I have no husband, no one to aid me. I have 3 kids to take care of. I promise it won't happen again. Pls ma, don't let me loose my job" She pleaded almost in tears.

Mariam pulled her up and made her side hug her. She smiled tenderly "It won't. I promise. He only said that out of anger and probably didn't mean it. Moreover, you said he said if anything happens to her. Alhamdulilah Nothing happened to her. You don't have to be scared dear"

"Thank you so much ma" She glanced over at Hanan who gave a reassuring smile.

Her heart welled up. He actually did that for her?

"No problem dear."

"Can you now give us a smile"

She smiled blushingly amidst tears. "Now, That's more like it"

"So back to the issue at hand. Today's recipe must be special. The meal was delicious!"

"Oh no! I wasn't the one that prepared it"

Both Hanan and Mariam shared a questioning glance. "Is there a new cook in the house we are not aware of?"  Mariam shrugged shaking her head.

"Young master came to the kitchen and told me to get some ingredients for him. So he did"

"Faaiz?"

"Yeah. Young master prepared your meal"

Oh, that was why he took so long then.

Oh Faaiz..

She thought in delightment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

651K 46.4K 56
| ZAEEF BOOK I | -UNEDITED- "So destiny huh" he said and I looked away. Destiny. "It was all Allah's plan. Guess my prayers got answered" he said...
2.7K 162 5
How hard could it be when you have everything? Not that much, right? But not for Ismail Abdul Haqq. Not after his father's demise three years ago. ...
48K 1.9K 117
Islamic story. Vote. Zamzam Maleek,a shy,introverted,independent 17 year old girl who has a very loving and wealthy family and has only one dream tha...
167K 14.9K 34
Highest Ranking: #1 in Muslim! 9/21 #1 in Islamic! 9/20 #1 in MuslimLoveStory ~ #1 in HalalLove ~ What would you sacrifice for the perfect life? We...