Heart buried treasures

By pinkycool012

Highest rankings- #3 in spiritual. #1 in compassion. Faaiz hasnayn is a fa... More

Heart buried treasures
Chapter One:Anger and Frustration
Chapter Two:promises and Proposals
Chapter Three:Introduction and Revelation
Chapter Four:Wedding and Aftermath
Chapter Five:New beginnings and Adjustment
Chapter Six:confrontation and Reality
Author's Note
Chapter seven:Curiosity and Resolution
Chapter eight:Visitation and Conformation
Chapter nine:Disappointment and Differences
Chapter ten:Meetings And Outcome
Chapter eleven:Assertiveness and Declaration
Chapter twelve: Dinner and Disaster
Chapter Thirteen:Acquaintance and Intimacy
Chapter Fourteen:Visit And News
Chapter Fifteen:Trip And Treat
Chapter Sixteen:Weekend And Mischief
Chapter Seventeen: Invitation And Surprise
Chapter Eighteen:Misunderstanding And Encounter
Chapter Nineteen:Appearance And Preparations
Chapter Twenty:Party And Drama
Chapter Twenty One:Outburst And Decision
Chapter Twenty Two:Challenge And Dispute
Chapter Twenty Three:Memories And Unexpectations
Chapter Twenty Four:Persuasion And Return
Chapter Twenty Five:Transformation And Changes
Chapter Twenty Six:Arrival And Amazement
Chapter Twenty Eight:Connection And Incidence
Chapter Twenty Nine: Bonding And Moment
Chapter Thirty:Clashes And Dispute
Chapter Thirty One:Emotion And Realization
Chapter Thirty Two:Ruefulness And Desperation
Chapter Thirty Three: Discovery And Distraction
Chapter Thirty Four: Instigation And Desperation
Chapter Thirty Five: Disclosure And Consolation
Chapter Thirty Six: Interest And Mildness
Chapter Thirty Seven:Hangout And Bafflement
Chapter Thirty Eight:Bewilderment And Curiosity
Chapter Thirty Nine: Past...
(Glimpse Of The Past)
Chapter Forty: ...And Confessions
Chapter Forty One: Intimacy And Contrition
Chapter Forty Two: Affection And Attractions
Chapter Forty Three: Passion And Trauma
Chapter Forty Four: Grief And Awareness
Chapter Forty Five:Departure And Nostalgia
Last Chapter: Afterwards And Ever after
Epilogue
New book alert

Chapter Twenty Seven:Illness And Warmth

1.4K 80 2
By pinkycool012

'Face your trials with patience, for they may have hidden blessings within them that will show later'

"How are you feeling now?"

"Better"

"Sure?"

"Yupp!"

"Here, have this" She extended the mug of warm coffee to her.

"Thanks granny"

She gave her a tight smile "Always welcome love"

Hanan sniffled and sipped it "Ouch!"

Mariam giggled and Hanan glared "You did that on purpose!" she rubbed her anguish mouth. The coffee was still very hot.

"That's for not taking care of yourself. Getting drenched in the rain! And catching cold For crying out loud!"

"I-I"

"Save it " Exasperstedly, she stated
"Did you know how worried I was?!"

Hanan sat still as she whined and reprimanded her. "It won't repeat itself again" She pouted.

"I hope!"

She glanced at the clock "You heading somewhere?"

"I have an appointment with the doctor"

"Oh."

"Yeah. The attack has grown worse"

"Alright granny. Take care. Bye"

"Bye Han. Love ya" And she chuckled.

Just then, "Someone is here to see you" A maid came to beckon on her.

She wobbled as she stood and finally got her stance. Her turtle neck sweatshirt and scarf well adjusted.

Making her way down the stairs, occasionally staggering. She finally got to the end and heaved a satisfied sigh. It felt like she just finished a marathon race she paused as she took her breath.

Someone cleared their throat interrupting her mini session. Hanan sucked in a sharp breath. They haven't seen each other since the drama at the party.

They both shared an Awkward glance. "Hi"

"Hi"

"How have you been?" He scratched the back of his head.

"Okay"

"You don't look okay" He stated after a while.

She cautiously took her step towards the couch and sat down. "You look pale" Worry flashed his eyes. "Are you Alright?"

She took a momentary pause "Its fine really. Just flu" She exhaustedly blew her nose.

"Hope you've taken anything?"

"Yeah. Used drugs already"

"Great then!"

As if he knew the next thing. "I saw Mrs Hasnayn leaving the house and I knew Faaiz, I mean your husband is not home. So I decided to check up on you. Its been a while, you know."

She was grateful for his thoughtfulness at the same time, anxious. Lately, Faaiz has been unpredictable. He can show up anytime. And another argument or fight is the last thing she needs at the moment.

"I'm overwhelmed. And I really didn't get a chance to say this but I'm really Sorry for the drama caused at the party. I mean the way he reacted towards you "

That scumbag.. She heard him mutter under his breath. "Its fine really. Its not your fault actually. And you don't need to apologise, after all if I hadn't insisted on the dance, all of it wouldn't have happened. Moreover, if any one needs to apologise, then its him!"

She sighed "Okayy"

"How's everything? What of Aneesah?"

"Alhamdulilah fine. At her school "

"Okay. Good then."

He then said after a while "Since when has this started?"

"Just this morning. Midnight to be precised "

"Okay take care"

She smiled and nodded warmly. He stood up and she noticed what she hasn't noticed before, he was tall! Putting on a jean and denim jacket and white sneakers, his green eyes standing out. He looked really handsome. But not as handsome as Faaiz, her mind contradicted.

She shook her head, clearing the thought away. The sickness must sure be tampering with her brain.
He smirked "Like what you see?"

"Cocky much?"

He flipped his hair and posed, hand in pocket maintaining a straight face, and Hanan chuckled. "That's more like it!"

"What?"

"Giving me that super duper smile of Yours"

She smiled warmly. "Thanks"

He dismissed it with a wave of hand "What are friends for? I don't like seeing the gloomy look on your face. As if life has sucked you dry!"

"It hasn't. Still the same sweet girl you know" She tried playing along.

"That's more like my Hanan!" They made some jokes and laughed as she escorted him Outside. And Hanan was really glad he came around even if it was for a short while.

"You don't have to see me off you know. Don't stress yourself"

"Its Nothing really. C'mon!"

"If you insist " He hid a knowing smile.

She Hit him on the shoulder. "You knew I would!" But he shrugged.

They got to the terrace and he remembered something. "Gawd!"

"What is it?"

"I almost forgot the real reason i came here "

"Which is...?"

He reached for his jean pocket and brought forth a charming silver bracelet. She gasped.

He rubbed the back of his head. "I-I wanted to give it to you the night of the party but I wasn't chanced to. So-"

"You knew I was going to come for the party?"

He shut his eyes briefly "I knew Faaiz was Throwing a party and I - You know, Definitely they would come in pairs. I mean, its how its done. Its a routine, after they've sealed a deal worth it! A party will be held to celebrate the success and for the party you must come with someone you care about. And I was Surprised, don't get me wrong here, that you showed up! He never really show up at a party with a female aside his secretary Obviously. But I knew you were gonna come anyways "

"And you know all this how?!"

"Like I've said, its a long story. Both of us has an history. We've gone a long way"

"Hmmm"

"Yeahhh. And now is not the right time to discuss all this" She nodded knowingly.

He stood there Awkwardly. Then after a while, "So.."

"Oops!" she extended her hands and pulled the sleeve up a bit revealing her wrist, he ever so gently clasped the bracelet on her wrist. And it glittered as a ray of sunlight hit it.

"I love this! Thanks so much"

"Hope it wouldn't create problem if he finds out who gave that?"

"Hopefully, he won't find out" And they both giggled.

"Let me take my leave before any of them gets back "

She glanced at her wrist and admired the stunning bracelet, Lot of question swirling through her mind. Without looking up, she asked a question that has been bothering her for long.. "Do you ever plan on re-marrying?"

When he hasn't replied she looked up at him instinctively and traced his eyes. Yet again!

"Not again!" Hussein muttered clenching his fist.

"What are you doing here?" Faaiz growled.

Hanan shivered despite the hot sun. "He came to check up on me!"

He shut his eyes tightly Anger radiating from him. Why is he always so angry anytime Hussein is around or hears his name?? She was getting fed up.

"Take care of yourself. Some other time maybe?" He sounded so unsure.

Why is he restricting her from her choice of friend!

She gave him a sad smile "Thanks so much I appreciate! My regards to Aneesah"

"My pleasure! Okayyy"

By now Faaiz was beyond agitated. It took it all he had not to snap his neck.
Without another glance at him, she walked into the house. She shivered and sneezed. Trying as much as possible to get warmth from the sweater as she could.

He entered, still annoyed.
"Hey!"

"Hey" He gave a muffled response.

He glanced down at her and his Anger returned. "How -" Her question was hung mid air cos with long strides, he already ascended the stairs. Leaving Hanan confused about the reason for his so usual unusual behaviour.

"I thought I was clear when I mentioned he shouldn't be seen here " He attacked as soon as she entered the room.

"He came to check up on a Friend!"

"How many times will I tell you this, you cant be Friends!"

"How so? You didn't even give a genuine reason!"

"We are so done here! Enough of this silly arguments. My decision is final!"

"I beg to differ! What has he done wrong!?"

"You guys are getting unnecessarily attached "

"Now you are sounding like a jealous brat!"

"How dare you!?? Don't you dare talk back to me! I'm your husband and I demand respect!"

"Oh Yeah. And he deserves some accolades." She rolled her eyes "And what have you ever done to deserve it?"

"I don't blame you though. The jerk has succeeded in brainwashing your gullible self!"

Ouch!

She felt a throbbing headache. Honestly, she doesn't know where she got all those strength from. An argument is the last thing she needs at the moment. She sneezed and coughed,then adjusted her sweatshirt. The afternoon breeze already growing chilly.

He packed his things and walked out. Leaving her in a state of chaotic mess.

She pondered about how messed up her life is.

She felt light headed and felt perhaps, a sound sleep would do justice and by the time she awakes it would have relieved her.

~~~~~~~~~~
How ever, things didn't go as planned. It only grew worse. Faaiz has grown cold to her again. Mariam has been having appointments lately as the heart attack has grown worse. The period she left home actually took its toll on Mariam and she regretted ever leaving.

She hasn't heard from Neemah ever since and she really hoped she's fine. Sofia has been the one with her. The other maids too, But she prefers Sofia's company.

Hanan felt she could deal with it but it escalated and grew out of hand.

The next evening, Faaiz came home and as usual, would've met Hanan either in the kitchen or somewhere around the house. But it was somehow unusual of her not to be around.

Or has she left again? No. She wouldn't do that. Her presence might be irritating him but atleast, it fills the house. It reminded him of those time when she wasn't home. How gloomy and empty it was.

He dragged his exhausted form into the house and rubbed his eyes wearily. Work has been really hectic lately. He has been burying himself into work more lately, But then, when wasn't he? But he could care less. It was his way of forgetting his troubles.

The maids came forth as usual, and relieved him of his load. He got rid of his tie and suit. He rolled up his sleeve and went inside. He was met by Sofia who looked rather troubled.

"Young master."

"What's wrong?"

"Its your wife."

"What about her?" He hid his panic.

"For the past few days she-"

Faaiz cut her off, "Where is she?"

She led him into one of the spare bed rooms. "Why is she not in my room?"

"Don't really know. She said she doesn't want to bother any of you."

"And now!?" Sofia kept mute.

She opened the door and Faaiz gasped as he took in the sight of his wife. "When has this started?"

"4 days ago."

"And I'm not aware, why??!"

He saw the scared look on her face and he relaxed, he must have raised his voice at her. He took a calm breath.

"You've not been around."
Okayy... Now, that was his fault.

Faaiz moved closer to her and felt her pulse. It was weak. Her temperature was really high and she was visibly shivering despite the thick sweatshirt and blanket. Her face has grown unusually pale and..... Lifeless.

He sat beside her and gathered her closer to himself. Her body was hot. He could feel a rising panic in him. She hadn't opened her eyes yet. "Hanan,"

Faaiz gently called out but she didn't bulge. His panic intensified. She had been this way for 4 days and he wasn't aware!? All resentment or anger he felt towards her dissipated.

He gently shook her, her head now resting on his chest. She was shivering terribly. "Call the doctor!" He barked.

"Yes sir!"

With shaky hands, she punched the number on the land line and dialed the doctor's number.

"On her way sir."

"You should've done this days ago!"

"I insisted but she declined"

"And you've seen the consequence "

Sofia was shaking and trembled slightly. "I'm sorry sir"

"Pray something doesn't happen to her, else it would cost you your job"

He lifted her into his arms and took her into their room. Her breathing already growing weak. He gently put her down and removed the strand of hair covering her face.

He stared at her pitiful state and felt a pang of guilt. He didn't know how long he sat desperately calling her name to open her eyes when the doctor finally arrived.

"Mr Faaiz."

"Mrs James" She is their family doctor.

They acknowledged each other and she set down her tools. She examined her "How long has she been this way?"

"4 days"

"What? And it took you that long to find a remedy?"

"I found out late"

"Her pulse is weak and she needs time to recover."

She gave her an injection "This will work faster"

"Ensure she has a good rest "

She then gave some instruction and prescription and ask them to let her rest.

"Ensure she takes those drugs and rest well."

"Alright no problem. Have a nice day ahead" She pecked his cheeks and left.

"I will stay with her, you go"

"Okay sir "

.
.
Hanan opened her eyes slowly. She felt warm caress on her face and hair. She was really weak and her throat was dry. She needs water.

She tried getting up but regretted it instantly. "Careful"

She was astonished, when did he get here? She tried speaking but the words wouldn't form.

He assisted her and put a pillow as a guide behind her. "Water?"

She ever so gladly nodded. She gulped it down. "You okay?" She nodded.

"I'm fine now. You can leave " She looked away from him his words still ringing in her ears.

She expected him to stand and leave but he sat still.

"I'm sorry."

"What?"

Maybe she heard him wrong. He shut his eyes and ran a hand through his hair frustratedly. "The way i reacted."

"Is this an act of Yours too?"

He kept quiet and didn't say anything further. She played with the hem of the blanket and her bracelet came into view. Something clicked in her brain. He was annoyed cos he probably witnessed the scenario which he Obviously misinterpreted.

Her hair getting in her way, she tried tying it in a knot but was too weak to. "Here. Lemme help"

He gathered the hair together, collected the rubber band and helped her pack it into a bun.
"About Hussein.. "

"Not now please" She noticed he was more calmer.

"Why were you angry?"

He glanced at her shiny wrist. Hanan smirked "Is it cos of this?"

He shut his eyes tightly. A closer look at him, he looked gorgeous. She felt stupid for comparing him to Hussein. His stubbles has started growing again. His hair dishelved, he look calm but troubled.

"Get well first, we can discuss this later "

"So we can go back to the silent treatment again? And you can keep on ignoring me?"

He clenched his fist. "The doctor says you need rest. Relax and don't stress yourself."

He stood up. "Leaving again?"

He exhaled a tired breath. "I'm tired"

She sighed tiredly the effect of the shot taking its toll already. She felt drowsy and light headed. Maybe he was right, its not a topic to be discussed now.

"What's wrong?" She doesn't know whether what she saw was worry or an imagination made out of her drowsy mind.

"I'm weak"

He moved closer to her and felt her temperature. She was still shivering slightly. He covered her well with the blanket and ran a hand through her silky hair.

The last thing she saw was Mariam barging into the room and her nagging voice before she fell into a deep slumber.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.2K 2.5K 43
"I can stand here forever like this while you staring at me." He said with a smirk as he started to approach me. _______________ "And remember that A...
2.7K 162 5
How hard could it be when you have everything? Not that much, right? But not for Ismail Abdul Haqq. Not after his father's demise three years ago. ...
282K 12K 32
« Sequel of RÚẞÅRÚ - Í$H¶ » «Stand Alone Book» ~ ZÁ¥¥ÁÑ ~ "The world is all about give and take, Create your OWN°°° ~ Á¥€DÁ ~ "The wor...
651K 46.4K 56
| ZAEEF BOOK I | -UNEDITED- "So destiny huh" he said and I looked away. Destiny. "It was all Allah's plan. Guess my prayers got answered" he said...