The Silence We Fill | MYG

By BangtanNova

"Don't you see? They're out there, waiting for us! They sit there, all eyes watching the stage, wanting somet... More

~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Zero
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Mini Chapter
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Epilogue
Ending A/N

Chapter Twelve

81 6 30
By BangtanNova

Stepping into the room, my expression isn't one of joy. Though I force it to be when I see Yoongi at the piano, his hands already sliding against the instrument to play a piece that I don't know of. It echoes in the otherwise empty music hall, each sounding to be in perfect rhythm and beat.

I don't want to make a sound as I see that my blue haired partner actually has his eyes closed, his body lightly swaying when his fingers move to one side of the piano only for them to travel to the other. When I slowly walk forward I see that there's a small smile on his lips. I can't help but stare, my heart beating in chest with a new surge of hope.

He can play with emotion.

He could smile when touching the piano keys, when letting them dip ever so slightly only for a new sound to take its place. 

I simply watch until I hear the sound of a wrong note, causing him to grow rigid before a sigh escaped his mouth. His hands fall from the keys and instead land next to him, clutching the bench he sits on. "How am I suppose to surprise Jiminie if I can't play?" He asked himself softly before opening his eyes.

I then take the moment to ask, "Jiminie?"

Yoongi jumps, turning to me with alert eyes. 

I smile, a bit nervous when I realize how much I caught him off guard. "Who's Jiminie?" I repeat, my voice a bit more quiet before I then try to joke, "A boyfriend? Crush?" I tease lightly, turning to walk up the stairs that lead onto the stage.

Yoongi raised a brow before shaking his head, "Jimin." He corrects first, causing me to tilt my head in silent question. "His name is Jimin. And no, he's my brother. One of my roommates actually. His birthday is coming soon, I wanted to surprise him."

Finally making my way up, I put my case down by the piano and kneel down in order to bring out my violin that I hadn't seen in such a long time.

"That's sweet." I comment softly, glancing up to him with a genuine smile. "Do you do that for every one of them?"

Yoongi paused, taking a deep between his teeth before then shrugging, "I don't surprise them with piano. I don't do surprises a lot myself, everyone else does though." He stopped talking to think for a moment, "I wanted to give something to Jimin. This is the only way I can right now."

Pulling out my violin, I ask, "When's his birthday?"

"In a few days. After the tournament actually."

"Oh. Well, maybe we can have some time spared so you can keep practicing the song. What song is it anyways?" Standing, finally see my violin that I had missed for such a long time.

"It's one he wrote himself actually." Yoongi says this a bit more confidentially, his lips quirking up once again. 

At that my interest is piqued, an 'o' forming with my lips. "Really? Can I hear it?" I ask before then adding, "Actually no. How about we wait until we practice a bit so then when we take a break we got something to do?" 

Yoongi snickers, "Sure. He'd be happy to know I'm playing it for others."

With that I grin. "Let's get to working then."

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

I groan when I hit the wrong string, a wretched sound coming from the instrument in my hand. I was exhausted from just trying to learn how to play the original piece with Yoongi, much less trying to think of ways to change it up while playing.

Yoongi was trying hard as I was, his face set in concentration only for it to be completely shattered when either of us heard a misplaced note. 

"I'm sorry. I don't know what's wrong today." I mutter, sighing as I position my violin again. "One more time."

Yoongi nods, starting off the slow notes that would soon build up the piece. I close my eyes, taking a few deep breaths while I wait for my part to show up. I had to play this right. When he begins to drift off I set my bow onto the strings and let it guide, hearing the high notes that would fluctuate so beautifully.

Yoongi glanced to me when I made it a bit deeper, starting his piano to be faster only for us to become quieter. This repeated a few times until I heard his piano jump in sound.

I started to go louder, my brows arching down as I clenched my teeth. 

A bit faster, a bit louder, until it suddenly wasn't. Until, it then suddenly was again.

The piano sets in to become louder, building it up in an anxiety kind of way until it instantly set back down. Meanwhile I play along, my violin playing slowing when he does. Then I take the lead, his piano silencing while it waits to hear more notes.

He glances to me and I nod, his piano going faster as my playing follows.

I wait for the high note that has gotten me each time, that has caused my wrist to hurt when it slips.

And, now!

I want to cry out when the sound isn't the one I wanted and instead it makes more of a screech like noise.

Yoongi and I visibly wince, our playing stopping at once. 

We glance to each other and I sigh, walking to the piano to put my violin away. "You know what? How about we take a little break?" I ask, giving a tired smile.

Two hours.

Two hours straight we had been playing, practicing. We slowly built up how long we could play with each try, each version. But it still didn't feel like enough.

We sounded lifeless, like it was just the music and not us. We weren't there. Instead, an out of beat, out of tempo song was. 

Yoongi hesitated before nodding, obviously not wanting to. I wonder what caused him to agree but instead of asking so I simply ask, "Can I hear your friends' song? Jimin was his name, right?"

My partner smiles lightly, nodding before pulling out his phone.

I want to force him to scoot over in seat since I've been standing for so long but instead I bring over a chair and sit next to the piano.

I listen until I hear his voice, making an 'Oh!' sound at how smooth it sounds. "What a pretty sound." I murmur, smiling to myself when I remember saying that to an instrument. Though I guessed singing was like  an instrument, wasn't it?

"Just let me love you~."

I gasp lightly at how pretty it sounds, and how I recognize it from the call. The emotion within the lyrics help it all tie together, his voice sounding so genuine in how he sang. It was the equivalent of swaying your bow across the violin when happy or using force to have it travel when angry. 

I could listen this all day.

The song seems to end too quickly and I'm left sitting there in silence. "Please tell me he's becoming a singer." I say after a few moments, my voice quiet in how taken aback I was.

Yoongi grinned at that, "He is. I don't think he really had a choice."

I laugh and nod in agreement before then asking, "What's the song called?"

"Serendipity."

"Serendipity." I repeat after, adding on, "Perfect." I take a few moments to think before then pointing to the phone, "Why did you pick this song? You could have played any."

Puffing out his cheeks, he shook his head, "I needed something by him so he could sing along." The blue haired boy glances around before then looking to me, "He's not confident in his voice. I want him to be happy when he's singing, I wanted to connect it with something positive."

Not confident in his voice?

"What does Jimin want? From his voice I mean. It sounds so perfect already." I tell Yoongi, tilting my head with the slightest of a frown. 

He replies with a shrug, "It's not perfect to him. I'm sure there's something to you that other people see as perfect for you but you don't like. Everyone has that."

I laugh a bit nervously, rubbing the back of my neck. "I guess that's true."

I've never met anyone who's called something I do perfect.

"But how are you going to play it for him? I mean, he's not here." I point out to change the subject, watching him sigh and put his phone down on the top of the piano.

"I don't know. That's what me and my roommates are trying to figure out."

"Oh? All of your roommates are in this?" That's the first time I've heard that. I can't help but think of a family in that sense.

Yoongi nods. "They are. We always are. The eldest bakes the cake, a few of us sing it to him, and the rest help set the scene. Usually we always surprise them."

I allow a smile to form on my lips again, "Which do you do?"

He huffs softly, as if not wanting to answer but forcing himself to do so anyways. "The singing." It's quiet and he glances away.

The smile grows until it could be called a grin, a giggle also bubbling up, "You sing?" I asked excitedly and teasingly, knowing that with how deep his voice is it couldn't be high singing and instead more of a soft one. "Can I see?"

He shakes his head, "You'll probably see me sing it to Jimin anyways. We are sharing a room."

At that I wave the answer off, leaning into my chair to relax now. "I won't be in there. You guys need some family time and I wouldn't want to barge in."

Though he just shakes his head again, "I couldn't kick you out. I would just leave."

Raising a brow, I respond, "And be singing happy birthday like a lunatic on the street? Yeah, no. I wouldn't let you for both of our sakes. We have a reputation to hold you know Min." I tease, chuckling though he rolls his eyes.

"I'm not kicking you out. Just-"

We're interrupted by the psychotic buzzing of his phone, causing both of us to jump lightly. Well, Yoongi to jump lightly. I instead almost fall out of my chair in panic mode.

Checking the number, he stands to excuse himself while also pressing accept. Though before he can even take a step forward we're met with screaming. So loud that I can even hear it and make out very clearly what they're saying.

"Yoongi! Yoongi! Yoongi!" One yells repeatedly, causing the man who's name is being called out to wince.

"Jin Hyung! Stop yelling! You'll give him a headache and he needs to be healthy!" One complains, and I recognize it from the past night and the song. It's Jimin. The one who wanted to start a band with the one who probably already has a headache.

There's overlapping chatter before a loud, deep, "Hey!" stops everyone. Though instantly after they all break into laughter. It was the one who wanted to join the band, I mentally note.

"Sorry Yoongi hyung." A more calm voice apologizes, though he's chuckling to. The one who complimented me. "Can you video chat? We have some news. And, is your partner there? It would actually help." The more quiet the group gets, the less I can make out until its just muttering with an occasional break of laughter.

Yoongi glances to me, "She's here. I don't know if she's up for a video chat Namjoon, it's sudden."

I give a thumbs up to him, knowing that for one thing I don't want to go back to playing yet and for the second I want to meet these roommates. Four of them I've counted so far.

Jimin, Namjoon, Jin, and the deep voiced kid who I believe is Taehyung, or something of the sort.

Though there's obviously more from such a ruckus. 

How many roommates does he have?

With a sigh, Yoongi brings the phone away from him and clicks a button before sitting at the stool again and gesturing for me to pull my chair up. 

When the screen changes, I hear cheering as I pull my chair to be next to him. And when I'm in the screen, there's even more cheering. Something that causes me to smile a bit nervously too.

"You never told me she was so pretty hyung!" Jimin compliments, giggling afterwards as one of them hits his arm. 

My eyes are caught on him, not understanding how such a perfect man seems to exist. He was the sweetest, most pure sounding and looking thing I had ever seen. A rectangular face with cheeks that showed whenever he smiled the slightest and bright eyes that could light up a whole room. I see that he had soft, lemonade pink hair. I glance to Yoongi's before my gaze is quickly drawn by the phone again.

Though when I move my eyes I kinda wish I hadn't because I'm met with five- no six, other handsome men.

Where have these guys been?

"Ah, uhm, thank you but I don't think Yoongi would specifically call me pretty." I try to joke lightly, causing the male next to me to look at me with a huff.

It doesn't help that another voice joins in to scold him, "Yoongi! Have you not been a gentleman to this sweet girl?" Full lips, broad shoulders, and a long face says this in a way that would make me think he was joking. This one has orange hair, the color bright. He mimics Yoongi's huff, only causing the real one by me to snicker. "Hey! Don't just laugh! I'm older than you, you should apologize!"

A few of them laugh though another joins in, "Jin hyung, we should focus." The calm voice adds in. Namjoon it was. Round face, dimples, and calm eyes is what I'm met with. I can't help but notice that even his hair is brightly colored, a mix of pinks and blues lacing his bangs that curved against his forehead. "Hi, Kim. Is it okay if I call you Kim?" 

I chuckle and shrug, "I'm fine with whatever. You can call me (Y/N) if you want."

Jin makes a noise in the back of his throat before lightly hitting Namjoon's arm, "Yoongi found such a sweet woman. Why couldn't I play piano?"

"Because when you play hyung, it sounds like a dying cat." Yoongi murmured, causing me to snort before I covered my laugh. Though the boys on the other side have no problem with letting it all out while Jin complains about how he's older and deserves some respect. This forces Yoongi to murmur an apology that is obviously not meant.

"It's nice to meet you Kim." Namjoon comments to bring everything back together. Like a leader would.

"It's nice to meet you too, uh, Namjoon right?" I guess, hoping that I haven't been tying people to the wrong name.

Though when he gives a smile, I know I'm right. Jin opens his mouth to comment though a younger boy covers his mouth with a laugh. "Let Joon talk!" He complains, his voice happy as he looks down to Jin with doe eyes. I grin when I notice that despite everyone's hair, he has a normal brown.

Namjoon snickers, shaking his head before looking back to the screen. "I hope it wouldn't be too distracting but we were thinking of coming up there. To watch your performance I mean. Especially since visitors weren't allowed for the town one."

Jimin grins and nods excitedly, even clapping out of excitement, "It's for my birthday wish!" He adds. I hear Yoongi shift and when I glance to him, I see he's smiling. It's one that makes me want to follow because of how I can see his gums show with how wide the action is.

"Jiminie, you don't want to do something else? I know that we have enough money to do something a lot more interesting than just see me-"

"Nope! I already chose hyung." Jimin says a bit more calmly with the same grin. "I mean, you want me up there right?" 

"Of course!" Yoongi is quick to assure the boy, causing me to watch him with a small chuckle.

The sight of worry on Yoongi seems rare for some reason. Maybe because he doesn't seem like someone to worry so obviously. But he plays with ears as his mouth moves more quickly to get his words out.

I have to force myself to look to the screen, where I make instant eye contact with the doe eyed boy and two others next to him. One with a small frame, thin with high cheekbones yet at the same time full cheeks. He grins, his smile making a heart shape with how it curves upward. The other seems much larger, broad shoulders too and a square face. He grins too, making a more rectangular smile that's curved at the end. The first has bright red hair while the other rocks brown hair with blue tips.

They whisper to each other while Jimin and Yoongi exchange words, causing me to raise a brow. Namjoon seems to notice and glances to them, lightly touching the red hair kids arm. They whisper more before one of the points to me and starts to make a heart with their hands while also making kissy faces. The doe eye kid. He laughs, distracting everyone, even Yoongi.

I try to not overthink everything their saying but when the green tipped kid points to Yoongi and makes another heart I feel my cheeks heat up for no other reason than their assumptions.

"So you're coming up here? Uh, can I ask when?" I quickly change the subject, causing Namjoon to chuckle.

"We'll be departing the day after tomorrow. We have to finish some work and finish packing in order to bring our set up to the hotel." He lightly glances away, and I can see the cogs turning in his mind. How he's probably thinking of everything they have to do before they have to go to the airport.

"We never introduced ourselves." The doe eyed kid finally says, grinning a grin that shows mostly his front teeth. He reminds me of a bunny.

Yoongi cleared his throat, "Ah, right. Sorry Kim." He murmured before then gesturing to all of them to introduce themselves. 

Everyone was quiet before the bunny kid finally says, "I'm Jeon Jungkook. But, uh, if we're going to be going by first names just call me Jungkook!" He waves lightly before laughing at himself, the brown haired boy next to him joining in with a deep, rich laugh.

"I'm Taehyung." He adds through laughter, waving before then curling within himself with giggles.

I smile, laughing softly myself. The one who can play the saxophone.

"I'm Hoseok!!" The red haired adds, his voice as bright and energetic as his whole body. He waves before then jumping lightly in his seat in excitement. Hoseok is nudged by Jungkook, the three playing with each other as Jimin introduces himself.

"Park Jimin. It's nice to meet you Kim!" He gives me a grin makes me want to just curl up with how pure it looks. Though he then adds, "I can't wait to meet you person. I bet you're even prettier." He winks, causing me to want to curl up for another reason now. The stark difference causes me to want to just hide.

Though Jin huffs and hits the back of his head, causing Jimin to laugh and try to fight him off. When Jimin wins, Jin turns back to the camera with a huff though smiles to me. "I'm Kim Seokjin. Worldwide handsome." He jokes, causing everyone to either turn away or laugh or do both. Yoongi chooses the former with a scoff under his breath.

Namjoon laughs though and nods, looking to me with a wide smile. "I'm Kim Namjoon. I apologize if this actually interrupted you two but the youngest ones wanted to tell Yoongi we were coming." 

The youngsters wave, identifying them as Jungkook, Taehyung, and Jimin.

I wonder where Yoongi fell in.

I glanced to him who was now watching the screen again, shaking his head as he informs Namjoon we were taking a break. I find myself staring again, simply allowing millions of questions to pop up in my head.

He was much calmer compared to the others, how did they meet?

Why did they become friends in the first place?

Glancing to his hair, I smile lightly. Maybe it was because he was allowing them to act young on him even if he wasn't. 

He seems sweet.

When Elise's words come to mind I instantly turn away, and it seems I did at the right time as they start to say goodbyes.

"Bye everyone." He calls back, lightly waving before then the screen goes black.

Instantly, he sets his phone down and looks to me.

"We should go back to work."

End of Chapter Twelve

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 60.6K 75
Min Yoongi. A business magnate, and a mafia leader. You and him were a whole world apart, until fate got your life intertwined. He would do anything...
7.6K 505 21
Was I always like this ? Attracted towards older men? Or it's just him? Obviously it's just him . No one in this world is like him . "𝐒𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭 𝐬...
26.9K 1.8K 68
How can a singer sing without a voice? How can a daughter be without her parents? One second. That's all it took. And now she's alone. And it's quiet...
1.8M 58.4K 50
Min Yujin did not have it easy. Being several years younger than her brother Yoongi, she was always left in his shadow growing up. While their parent...