The Forbidden Fruit | ꪜ

By XFiction_GoddessX

Status: completed. His back was towards me, hunched over in defeat, I didn't want to bother him but I've bee... More

The Forbidden Fruit | Synopsis, Copyright
The Forbidden Fruit | Characters Aesthetic
The Forbidden Fruit
The Forbidden Fruit | Prologue 1
The Forbidden Fruit | 1
The Forbidden Fruit | 2
The Forbidden Fruit | 3
The Forbidden Fruit | 4
The Forbidden Fruit | 5
The Forbidden Fruit | 6
The Forbidden Fruit | 7
The Forbidden Fruit | 8
The Forbidden Fruit | 9
The Forbidden Fruit | 10
The Forbidden Fruit | 11
The Forbidden Fruit | 12
The Forbidden Fruit | 13
The Forbidden Fruit | 14
The Forbidden Fruit | 15
The Forbidden Fruit | 16
The Forbidden Fruit | 17
The Forbidden Fruit | 18
The Forbidden Fruit | 19
The Forbidden Fruit | 20
The Forbidden Fruit | 21
The Forbidden Fruit | 22
The Forbidden Fruit | 23
The Forbidden Fruit | 24
The Forbidden Fruit | 25
The Forbidden Fruit | 26
The Forbidden Fruit | 27
The Forbidden Fruit | 28
The Forbidden Fruit | 29
The Forbidden Fruit | 30
The Forbidden Fruit | 31
The Forbidden Fruit | 32
The Forbidden Fruit | 34
The Forbidden Fruit | 35
The Forbidden Fruit | 36
The Forbidden Fruit | 37
The Forbidden Fruit | 38
The Forbidden Fruit | 39
The Forbidden Fruit | 40
The Forbidden Fruit | 41
The Forbidden Fruit | 42
The Forbidden Fruit | 43
The Forbidden Fruit | 44
The Forbidden Fruit | 45
The Forbidden Fruit | 46
The Forbidden Fruit | 47
The Forbidden Fruit | 48
The Forbidden Fruit | 49
The Forbidden Fruit | 50
The Forbidden Fruit | 51
The Forbidden Fruit | 52
The Forbidden Fruit | 53
The Forbidden Fruit | 54
The Forbidden Fruit | 55
The Forbidden Fruit | 56
The Forbidden Fruit | 57
The Forbidden Fruit | 58
The Forbidden Fruit | 59
The Forbidden Fruit | 60
The Forbidden Fruit | 61
The Forbidden Fruit | 62
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter
Facts about this book

The Forbidden Fruit | 33

7.6K 227 44
By XFiction_GoddessX

Arabella's POV
Longer chapter ahead

Keeping my gaze locked on the mirror, I ruffled my hands through my hair and ran my finger over my chapped lip. I sighed heavily and painted my lips with the ruby red lipstick before capping it and slipping it into my purse.

When I was done with styling my hair as well, I staggered towards my shoe rack and slipped my feet into my red sequined stilettos.

I skimmed my dress and frowned at it, I rattled my brain to understand if I were a bit overdressed or underdressed, I pulled out my phone frantically and slammed my fingers across the screen.

Me: SOS! Drop everything and come to our room, please! It's an emergency!

I groaned deeply and glanced down at my fairly small boobs before letting out a humorous guffaw at how lucky I was to not have big boobs, I mean how can women with big boobs even sleep on their stomach.

I love my miniature pancakes.

Rika90210: I'll be there ASAP AND IT BETTER BE WORTH IT BECAUSE I WAS VERY, VERY BUSY!

Rolling my eyes, I flew my phone onto my bed and twirled around in the mirror whiles admiring myself till someone burst into the room and slammed the door shut behind her very loudly. "Okay, what's the–woah, oh my god you look incredible!" She gawked in awe as she appeared behind me. I stared at her reflection in the mirror and pouted. "Okay, what's the problem. Why are you so down if you look so hot."

I groaned deeply and ran my hands down my dress as I twirled around to bore my eyes into hers. "I feel too overdressed just for a dinner with my boss. Yet I don't wanna dress in something all that casual before he thinks I can't dress! I mean this is a fashion industry!" I squealed nervously.

Erika stared at me silently and intently for a few moments before hooting in laughter. Doubling over to clutch her stomach, she let out an ear shrieking laugh before regaining her posture.

"Oh lord and I delayed my flight for this." She murmured humorously as I stared at her in complete and utter confusion. "You look lovely Bella. You're not overdressed nor underdressed. This is dinner after all so that means your outfit is perfect even if it's just with your boss. And FYI, if I weren't straight I'd totally hit that." She winked.

"You really mean it?" I mumbled as I twirled around to stare at myself once more. "Yes! Even Tyler would hit that." She smirked. My mouth hung low in shock and I quickly spun around and pursed my lips in a thin line to stop another laugh from escaping them.

"I didn't mean that I meant if you meant it when you said I'm not overdressed nor underdressed." I rolled my eyes humorously as she wiggled her brows. "Doesn't change the fact that Tyler wouldn't hit that." She giggled.

I flipped her off and with a huff and grabbed my phone off the bed. "Ryan's coming in the next ten minutes so I should get going down to wait." She nodded her head and stared down at her phone one last time before her eyes widened a fraction. "I gotta go, have fun!"

Before I could answer she eagerly flung the door open and dashed out of the room. Shaking my head with a giggle, I stumbled out of the room after her and pulled the door shut before locking it up.

I sashayed down the hallway and didn't miss the curious eyes from students trekking past me. I wouldn't blame them, I wore an off-shoulder long-sleeved white dress that flared at the bottom like a skater skirt and stopped just a fraction below my butt.

My red stilettos matched my lipstick and bag and my once straight hair was curled so that it bounced with enough humidity above my shoulders. "Arabella, wow looking good."

"Where is she going?"

"Probably gonna screw Carter."

"Why don't you come back to my dorm room and we can play. . . some games."

Flipping off each and everyone who stalked my way, I rushed into the elevator and pressed the ground floor button. I was in no mood to endure any bullshit at the moment. All I wanted to do was get to the damn restaurant, talk business and get back to my bed to sleep.

I didn't even wanna be here at this moment so going to bed would be the best idea at the moment. But I was forced to go to this godforsaken dinner. Well I mean I could have said no but who the hell says no to Ryan Marks.

Stepping out of the elevator, I made my way through the students' lounge with a few waves of students I actually liked and a few 'move out of my way's' here and there.

I shoved the glass door open and slipped into the cold night air. It was October meaning that the winter season was arriving. Something that I was not looking forward too.

I glanced around the outskirts of the campus and made my way towards a bench that sat under a tree. It was currently 7:45 so that means Ryan should be here soon or even earlier.

Slumping down onto the bench, I wrapped my arms around my body and glanced at the students who were probably rushing to or from night school or maybe going to or coming from a club.

College students are unpredictable so we'd never know.

After fifteen minutes of waiting, I'd assume Ryan would be there by now but another ten minutes passed and he still failed to arrive.

I was freezing due to the low temperature and willed myself to get up and head back inside but I didn't for some reason.  I could hear the chattering of my teeth in my mouth and slowly feel the goosebumps beginning to rise on my skin, threatening me to just get up and get a damn coat.

Nope, guess we'll have to wait cold.

~~~

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I spat as I stared down at my phone in complete and utter anger. I just received a text from Ryan saying that he couldn't make it and the situation was urgent.

Well, my situation was urgent. I've been waiting here for forty fucking five minutes for this asshole, freezing like a mother flipping Ice pop, oh and dressed in a pretty revealing and not so warm outfit!

I wasn't angry that he cancelled on dinner. I was angry that he wasted my precious time. I could have used the time I was dressing and putting makeup on to pop some damn popcorn and pick a movie on Netflix to watch.

God, I wanted to binge-watch Insatiable but look where I am!

"Date ditched you?"

I snapped my head in the direction of the familiar husky voice and let out a dry laugh. Shaking my head, I pulled my lip in between my chattering teeth and sighed.

"Yeah, not that I care. He just wasted my time. And it wasn't a date, just a business dinner."

"For that vogue thing right?" He asked as he sauntered towards me with his hands shoved down his pocket. I nodded my head and followed his every move as he slumped down next to me and nudged my shoulder lightly.

"Screw him–wait, don't screw him, screw me."

"Tyler!" I squealed loudly as my cheeks began to flush red. His booming laughter filled my ears as I shook the thought of his naked body out of my mind. God, I hate him.

"What are you doing here?" I sighed as I clamped my hands over my red cheeks and stared into the distance. "Night class, extra credit." He grumbled.

"Oh, that's tough," I mumbled softly as I turned to face him but caught my breath in my throat when I caught his brown eyes already intently staring back at me. "It's rude to stare Tyler," I teased. He rolled his eyes and scoffed but I didn't miss that slight twitch of his lips that oh so desperately wanted to grow into a smile.

He pursed his lips in a thin line after a moment and we both fell into a slightly uncomfortable silence. I could feel the tension radiating off of both of us but I didn't want to point it out. Clearing my throat, I stood up and dusted off imaginary dirt off of my dress and I nervously bounced on my heels.

"Well, I should get back to my dorm since I'm not going anywhere anymore. I'll see you later." I mumbled as I began to pivot on my heels but stopped abruptly when warm hands latched around my wrist. "Wait! Who said you had to go back. Let's go somewhere. You and me?" He suddenly blurted out.

I furrowed my brows together and spun around to examine his face. He had a genuine smile on his face and a glint of something in his eyes. Placing a frown on my lips, I gazed into his eyes. "What are you guilty about?" I asked with arched brows.

Using his free hand; he ran it through his brown curls and gulped visibly. Dropping his hands back to his side, he pressed it against his hip bone and let out a sigh. "I wanna take you somewhere."

"Where?" I mumbled softly. He averted eye contact with me and let it settle on something other than my face. I could feel the nervousness radiating off of his body which slightly surprised and confused me.

"My safe haven. You deserve to know some things about me at this point." He mumbled softly as a harsh glare masked his face. I pursed my lips in a thin line and nodded my head. "Okay, lead the way." I found myself replying to both our astonishment.

He didn't take time to glance at me before he tightened his loosened grip on my wrist and tugged me along with him towards the parking lot.

I staggered behind him and soon fell into place as we made our way towards his black Porsche. When we finally stopped at the breathtaking car he pulled the door open and gestured for me to enter.

With a slight frown, I slipped into his car and planted my butt flat onto the leather seat. He shut the door and rounded it till he was sitting in the driver's seat and zooming down the streets.

"Where's your safe haven?" I asked softly as I glanced out of the window and fiddled with my fingers nervously. "Somewhere..." He replied curtly. I sighed and leaned against the window as silence once again enveloped us.

This better be worth it.

~~~

Stepping out of the car, I staggered backwards when a gust of cold wind harshly brushed against my exposed body, I wrapped my arms around my body and let out a shaky breath of cold air.

The slamming of a door caught my attention, I spun around and faced Tyler who was strutting towards me. He slipped off his leather jacket and draped it over my shoulders with a wink. I blushed slightly and thanked him as I slipped my arms into the warm jacket.

He already had on a burgundy sweater so I didn't have to protest about taking his leather jacket. "Come on." He mumbled as he intertwined our hands and pulled me with him.

It felt as though my heart leaped out of my chest as his warm fingers curled around mine. I bit my lip to suppress a smile as we walked towards a sandy beach. "The beach is your safe haven?"

"Somewhere on the beach," he replied back in a soft voice as we stumbled onto the sand. I slipped off my heels and held it in my hands. "I'm a good girl, please don't murder me." I squeaked softly.

He let out a deep chuckle and pulled me towards him. I let out a squeal of surprise when he snaked his arm around my waist and pulled me against his chest.

"We both know you aren't a good girl and if I wanted to murder you then I'd have done it long ago."

With that, he pulled away and spun me around. I squinted my eyes at the long and wide dock that stretched down the sand to the waters beneath it. He held my hand in his and pulled me towards the small flight of stairs that led up the dock.

I followed in suit behind him and glanced up at the pitch-black sky. The only form of light were the only three stars floating above our heads. It's light barely able to give the sea beneath us any vibrant colour at this late hour but still, it was bright enough so that I could see the shadows and materials around me.

We finally came to an abrupt stop at the end of the dock and Tyler slumped down and tugged at my hand. I lowered myself beside him and sucked in a harsh breath, taking in the salty scent of the crashing water beneath me.

"This is your safe haven?" I asked as I listened closely to the crashing of the sea that thrashed against the yellow shore and the sound of crickets serenading the birds and the bees and us. Tyler's breathing slowed down and I could have sworn he was falling asleep but I realized he was only regulating his breathing as though it were a technique to calm himself.

"Yeah, I come here when I want to think. Away from people and be alone with my thoughts. I–I brought you here because I think I've made you wait enough."

"Tyler you don't need to tell me anything you don't wanna tell me. It's your choice and I'm sorry if I pushed you at the nurses' office. I didn't mean to, I only wanted to help." I mumbled as I stared at his side profile intently. He frowned and turned to face me, his face guilt-stricken.

"No, I'm sorry. I flipped out on you and I was a complete asshole to you for the past three weeks and you only wanted to help. Bella, the reason that I fight is not only to pay off my debt but also to take care of my mother. She's sick, well that's one way to put it. . .she's a drug addict and my father is currently in prison serving a six-year sentence for harbouring the drugs that made her an addict."

"Y–Your mom, I never remembered her like that..." I rasped out as his words took root in my head. It seemed so surreal. I knew there was something deeper than just a student loan. I knew that Tyler Hart's life ran deeper and darker than that.

"The day you came over was the day I got a call from my dad saying my mom had an overdose. When you came over I was angry and hurt and I wasn't thinking right so I slept with you because I was afraid to confront my parents at the hospital but after we were done I realized that it was inevitable to just ignore this so I rushed to the hospital and learnt that my mom was in a coma. I got to know that she and my dad were popping pills, sniffing cocaine and drinking and whatnot. When the authorities found out they raided the house and found my dad's drugs.

They arrested him. I had to use my entire college savings to keep her on the machine and finally, she woke up after a month of being comatose. But they sent her home with me, the same month I graduated and after that my mom was recovering slowly but not greatly.

Since I was hardly making money and my dad was in jail and my mother's brain was fried we couldn't or I couldn't maintain the house any longer so they evicted us and placed it under sale. So we left town and I hired a caretaker to help me take care of her. I started fighting to earn money and I earned a lot but my mom didn't want me to throw my future away for her so she forced me to go to college and I did.

After we came from New York I got a call from her caretaker saying that she took extra pills when she wasn't looking and overdosed on them and had an eighty percent chance of dying. I didn't want to come back, I only wanted to take care of her but that lady is persistent. But now we're here. When you said you wanted to help me with my loan and what not, well I was ashamed. I mean who the fuck would depend on someone else to pay their debts when they can't even help themselves and the people they love."

"Tyler...."

I parted my lips in shock and clasped it shut when the words wouldn't form. He tugged at his hair roughly and I winced from how hard he pulled at it. I widened my eyes and pulled his hand away from his hair and intertwined it with mine. He turned to face me and flashed a small lopsided smile. "Thank you for telling me," I mumbled.

It was the only thing I could think of saying at the moment. I didn't want to bring up his dad or comment on his parents but just leave it as it is. I was forever grateful that he told me why he fights, why he hurts himself like so daily. Why he does everything that he does

And now it explains why he left suddenly after he graduated and why I hardly saw him during school or at his house after–after I gave him my all.

Now I knew that it wasn't because Tyler Hart was a vindictive asshole who cared about no one but himself. It was because of the complete opposite. Because he sacrificed everything to take care of his sick and dying mother and having to deal with a father who was now a criminal.

"I just wanna be my old self. I wanna be Tyler from high school, not the son of a drug addict and a prisoner." He scoffed. I sighed deeply and leaned onto his shoulder. His body went rigid under my touch and I slipped my fingers through his, easing him to relax.

"I'll help you."

"What?"

"I said I'll help you. Whatever it is that you need me to do. I'll help you Tyler. I'll help you even if it means I get hurt in the process trying."

"You'll help me? You'd do that for me. Someone who has hurt you more times than I could count on my fingers. And I never got a chance to apologize for all the horrible things I said to you. It was to push you away but then I realized I can't push away someone who doesn't want to be pushed away and I realized my mistake the moment you walked out of that nurse's room."

I smiled softly and pulled my hand out of his warm grip before settling it against his cheek. I ran my fingers from his ear to his chiselled jawline and under his chin.

"I'd do it a thousand times Tyler. I'll help you because I know why you did everything that you did. It was under false pretence and yes I must admit that you crushed me and it may take time for me to heal but all in all I am here for you whenever you need me."

His brown eyes gazed down at me softly, the shock was evident in his eyes as if he hadn't expected me to say those words. But I meant it, from the looks of it Tyler didn't have many people in his life but I wanted to be part of it. I wanted to help him, something I've been wanting to do for weeks without even realizing I wanted it.

"Thank you." He mumbled, his eyes flickering from mine to my nose and then to my lips. I smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder as I leaned closer towards him so that there was little to no space between us. "Tyler?" I mumbled softly.

He flickered his eyes upwards and arched his brows, a soft hum emitting from his lips.

"Just kiss me."

He smirked as his calloused hands came up and around the nape of my neck. "Mon plaisir Bella."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.8K 44
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
1.6M 130K 61
"ရှင်သန်ခြင်းနဲ့သေဆုံးခြင်းကြား အလွှာပါးပါးလေးကိုဖြတ်ကျော်ခါနီးမှာမှ ငါမောင့်ကိုစွန့်လွှတ်တတ်ဖို့ သင်ယူနိုင်ခဲ့တယ်၊ လူတွေက သံသရာမှာ ရေစက်ရယ်၊ဝဋ်ကြွေး...
693K 41.9K 49
𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐞𝐛𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐩𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐮𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐬, 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐢𝐭𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠 �...
3.2M 136K 60
The story of Abeer Singh Rathore and Chandni Sharma continue.............. when Destiny bond two strangers in holy bond accidentally ❣️ Cover credit...