Fae, Ema and Family (Brothers...

By Burple560

13 brothers and 2 girls. What could go wrong? Apparently a lot. Moving to the Sunrise Residence to live with... More

Read!
The Chart!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
#2 Chart
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
3# Chart
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 18

421 29 5
By Burple560

"You do realise it's Ukyos birthday, right?" Fae raises a sceptical eyebrow at Yuusuke. The boy fusses over his words, face scrunching up. He summons his bet argument.

"It's in December."

"It is December, Yuse." Fae says incredulously, putting her glass in the sink.

"He's a grown adult. He won't want anything."

"You brought Kaname a gift, why not Ukyou?" Yuusuke groans at her remark, grabbing fistfuls of his hair. "It's only fair."

"Fine..." He sighs. "What did you get him?"

"Bottle of alcohol and a card."

"Adults and their alcohol." He mutters. "I can't buy alcohol."

"Then be creative." Fae shrugs. "It's not me that forgot my own brother's birthday." He groans in a retort at that. Fae chuckles. She is as annoying as Tsubaki and Fuuto, but Yuusuke always held back his anger for her. He didn't fancy getting into an argument with a cop. Or maybe he is a gentleman and doesn't want to argue with a girl?

"Hi, Kaname." Fae greets, raising a hand. Then she notices who's behind him. "Hi, Masaomi." He nods in reply, walking around Fae and standing in front of the fridge, basking in the cold. She tilts her head. "You alright there?"

"Masa is going out tonight." Kaname grins. She can see the curve of his smile, how he knows something he shouldn't.

"Oh, where to?" She asks. Kaname's grin grows.

"Somewhere interesting, is where he's going." Fae giggles at that. Masaomi is dressed down compared to normal, a tight shirt and jeans.

"Meeting with friends?" Fae tilts her head. Masaomi steps away from the fridge, his face slightly red.

"A matchmaker." Masaomi informs, almost under his breath. Fae laughs lightly at that.

"Sounds fun." She grins. Masaomi stops, staring at her. He doesn't know how to respond to that. At the wedding, he promised he'd stay with Fae. But isn't going to a matchmaker breaking that promise? But she looks so happy for him - Masaomi doesn't know how to react. He awkwardly rubs the nape of his neck, giving a weary smile.

"Thank you."

"So, Masa, how is this date going to end?" Kaname leans on the side, grinning. Masaomi stares at his hands, fingers laced together. He takes a deep breath, before giving his brow a level stare.

"I've already decided." Kaname backtracks at that answer. Is Masaomi just bluntly stating that? He must be enamoured by this women. Fae cocks a brow, unsure.

"Ukyou probably won't be home till late, so we're going to order takeaway tonight." Kaname says, looking over the schedule.

"Right." Fae nods, thinking. "Where do we keep that cart? I wanna put Ukyous presents on it and leave it outside his room for when he gets back."

"It's in the washing room." Masaomi inclines his head towards it.

"Thanks." She rushes off.

It's around 4:30 in the afternoon and Fae looks for Ema. She needs the girl to sign the card. Fae approaches the balcony that looks over the dining area and living room. She spots Wataru speaking to Ema. Ema sits on the floor, a cushion bellow her bottom and a controller firmly clutched in her hands. She isn't paying much attention to Wataru, her body leaning to the side as she guides her car out from traffic.

"Big sister, you're so wonderful. I love you!" Wataru's voice travels across the room. Fae smiles softly as she watches the two for a moment, but not before she raises a brow at Wataru's movements. He pads over to the thermostat and turns it up. He then pulls out a 1000 yen note from his pocket before slapping Ema around the face with it. Fae prickles, standing up straight as she descends the stairs. What had gotten into the youngest brother, Fae didn't know. She did know, on the other hand, that she'd find it out.

"Money is more important than love!" He yells, cheeks puffed up and red. Ema stares at him in bewilderment. Wataru then backtracks, frightened, before running away and right into Fae. He bumps into her, and she firmly places both hands on his shoulder. He couldn't run off.

"Wataru." Her voice is low - a warning - as if scolding him for thinking of lying to her next question. "What was that about?"

"It's Kaname and Fuuto and Tsubaki's fault!" He whined. "Now Ema hates me!" He begins sniffing.

"Not many people would reply kindly to being slapped around the face with money." Fae is monotone, her expression stern before she sighs. His bottom lip trembles. "How is it your brother's fault?" Then she rolls her eyes, taking his hand and leading him to the elevator. "Let's go ask them." and so Fae goes to each of their rooms and knocks.

"Hello, Fae. What brings you to my door?" Kaname asks, raising a brow.

"Wataru." She answers, trying not to let her agitation slip through. "Can you follow me? We're getting Fuuto and Tsubaki." It takes twenty minutes to get the other two, Fuuto huffing about something.

"Right." Fae scowls, her voice like steel. "Can you explain to me why I found Wataru messing around with the thermostat, then being mean to Ema and slapping her with money, before telling her that 'money is more important than love'?" She juts her hip, crossing her arms.

"You did what, Wataru?" Kaname asks in bewilderment, looking down at the child with wide eyes.

"What did you guys tell him?" Fae asks, before noticing the shared looks between them. "Look, I'm not mad – apart from him slapping Ema – but he obviously got confused with whatever you lot told him. So just repeat yourself so we can explain to Wataru why that wasn't the best advice, okay guys?" Fae uncrosses her arms, tilting her head at them. They wouldn't talk if she came across as defensive, so she shifts her stance, an open body and rephrasing her words.

"Wataru came to me asking about 'how to date a woman'." Fuuto has the biggest grin smeared across his face. Wataru turns red, puffing up his cheeks at Fuuto. "He's turning 11 soon, so I guess our little brother wants to woo some woman." Fuuto then crosses his arms. "If I had known it was our dumb sister, then I woul--"

"Fuuto, did I ask you for your opinion on the matter?" Fae frowns. Fuuto turns up his lip, smacking his lips together. "What did you tell him?"

"Candy or cane."

"So that's why he slapped her..." Kaname nods to himself, now understanding. As if those three words make everything fall into place. Fae furrows her brow.

"What?"

"Sweet words only feel sweet if you hear them every once in a while, so only praise the girl once out of ten times." Fuuto explains in a duh-tone. "Other than that, be harsh and call her stupid or ugly all the time." Then Fuuto looks at Wataru, sneering. "But I told you it only works for good-looking guys, but you ran off. That's why it didn't work." Fuuto sticks out his tongue before Wataru copies him.

"Fuuto."

"Shut up, you old hag!" Fuuto snaps at her. Fae scowls at him again.

"Fuuto!" Both Kaname and Tsubaki turn to him.

"Are we done?! I have to get back to work tomorrow." Fuuto huffs, looking at the floor.

"Right, Tsubaki, what did you say to Wataru?" Fae turns to the voice actor.

"I told him that as he's the youngest, he needs tsundere moe."

It seems Tsubaki is getting straight to the point.

"Right." Fae nods, appreciating his honesty. Unlike another brother. "Kaname?"

"I told him that money can't buy love." Fae sends him a challenging look as Kaname chuckles. "... But I can't approve of those who get into relationships without money either. It is necessary to date a woman." Fae sighs before turning to Wataru, kneeling down in front of him.

"Let's start from the top, shall we?" Fae asks. All brothers blink at her. "Number one, you aren't mean to anyone to make them like you. That just makes them dislike you. I - as well as other women - hate it. It is rude. Number two, changing your behaviour to appeal to someone is faking it. And faking it means you're not being you." Fae places her hands on his shoulders. "If you start by faking it and someone falls in love with that, it means they don't actually love you."

"Don't you think that's quiet... heavy for someone his age."

"Don't you think it's heavy advice telling someone you need money to woo them?" You try to turn down the nasty look you give him, but it still shocks him. "Anyway, you shouldn't be different around someone. It has consequences that can make you heart-broken. Number three, money isn't everything. If someone doesn't love because you're poor, then they don't understand you. Just like if you're rich and someone loves you because you have money. Yes, money gives you a sense of security, but it isn't everything when you like someone." And Fae takes her final breath. "And also, maybe, you should aim for girls a little closer to your age. Or anyone close to your age." Fae puts emphasis on that. As far as Wataru is concerned, or any of the brothers for that matter, being with Fae or Ema is incest. "You need to behave like yourself, be yourself, and that is how you'll get the person you like. Now go apologise to your sister." Wataru nods obediently, letting everything sink in as he slowly walks away. Fae stands up and turns to the Asahina's.
"I can't believe you would tell him that!" Fuuto continues his sneer. It wasn't too long ago he was teasing her at the shopping mall, but it turns out Fuuto doesn't seem to like dominant women. He just wants a submissive women. Someone who will treat him like a king. Fae feels her stomach roll at that. She would not degrade herself by changing her behaviour for someone. She should follow what she preaches. Fae sighs, disappointed. "You guys are grown men. You've been in relationships, I'm guessing, and you should know that's not how you get someones attention let alone affection."
"I'm not letting you talk to me like this!" Fuuto spits, glaring. "You're not my mum!" He stomps off, practically running to his room as he shoves past her. Fae throws a look over her shoulder, before seeing the astonished looks on Tsubaki's and Kaname's faces.
"I'm sticking with what I've said. You don't tell people to do stuff like that, especially not your impressionable young brother."
"I'm sorry, Fae." Tsubaki is the first to apologise.
"Don't worry about it." Fae sighs, shoulders sagging. "I know what you're both like, trying to make jokes about things. That's something you have in common with most of your brothers." A ghost of a smile is on her face. "But be more careful next time."

"So you expect this to happen again?" The first thing Kaname says after she sasses him has an arrogant tone to it.

"I hope not."

"Can I go now, or are we waiting for a punishment?" Tsubaki asks. He seems ashamed of himself. Fae gives a soft laugh, looking off.

"I'll take my leave first." Fae raises her hand, giving a mock-salute before heading to her own room. After that mini-family drama, she wants to read a book.

Kaname sits at the bar, his monk attire swapped for more casual clothes. Jeans and a polo shirt. He waits, hand loosely holding a whiskey.

"Kaname." Masaomi greets, sliding into the seat next to him.

"You're here earlier than expected." Kaname grins, bringing his drink to his lips. "I would of thought you would be planning your upcoming engagement." Masaomi shuffles in his seat, calling over a bartender to order a drink.

"Ah, no." Kaname furrows his brow in confusion at Masaomis response. The date must have gone bad. Masaomi wasn't a lady killer, but he is a gentleman. Kaname stares down at his drink, fingers clenching. This probably knocked some off Masaomi. The man is the oldest, the constant pressure from society and his family to set the standard. Be the good brother. Find a partner. Marry them. Have kids. Be the role model. Kaname didn't envy Masaomis role, but he envied his temperament. "I refused it."

"Why would you do that?" Kaname eyes are wide, turning his entire body to Masaomi. This is unexpected. Definitely not what he wanted to head. Or expected to hear. "If mum hears about this, she's going to be upset that you're not getting married. You are the oldest."

"I understand that there are certain... expectation for me." Masaomi says softly, nursing his drink. Kaname sends him a weary look. "But as I said, I've already decided. I only went on that matchmaker because it came directly from my director. And the director is her dad." Masaomi sighs, tired. The women he met today was polite, she could hold a conversation, and she was pretty. But she didn't spark anything with him. He was polite in turn, yes, but it was more of a formality. And just imagining the complications of marrying his directors' daughter gives him a migraine. "And I decided to refuse the offer from the beginning. I'm promise to someone else."

"Someone else? Masa, don't tell me you're secretly dating someone?" Kaname grins again, elbowing his brother. So his brother wasn't as innocent as they all thought. Masaomi laughs but shakes his head.

"I would feel wrong trying to be with another woman when I already like someone else."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

514K 52.7K 132
La verdad esta idea es pervertida al comienzo, pero si le ves más a fondo en vastante tierno más que perverso. nop, no hay Lemon, ecchi obviamente, p...
206K 11.6K 19
El maldito NTR pocas veces hace justicia por los protagonistas que tienen ver a sus seres queridos siendo poseidos por otras personas, pero ¿Qué suce...
49.9K 7.4K 17
Max Verstappen es el dueño del mundo, es el jefe de una de las mafias más poderosas, lo controla todo, es rey, el amo y señor, tiene a todos a sus pi...
163K 22.8K 66
nacido en una familia llena de talentos aparece un miembro sin mucho que destacar siendo olvidado sin saber que ese niño puede elegir entre salvar o...