Family is Family 1

By AmiraEgyptian95

It is about a family that faces many problems in their life, but what ever happens they stand by each other a... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43

Chapter 41

413 18 13
By AmiraEgyptian95

Day 1 (Dhanteras)

Anarkali's two sisters arrived, Kumud and Parvati, like every year they were called to help Anarkali at work and the service for the guests at the Diwali days. Even though the date of the diwali is known to everyone, and usually Rituals and preparations for Diwali begin days or weeks in advance. Arjit's family felt like it came suddenly because of all the mess happening to them, they luckily could quickly manage everything, The whole family helped, the house was cleaned, The Rangoli was drawn at the entrance of the house, lights and flowers were hanged. Water from the river Ganges were sprinkled in the house, The Statues of the Idols (Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesh) were placed to the west direction in the big hall which is where prayers will take place at night.

It was a big and stressing day for everyone, each one of them had something to worry about, Arjit wanted the celebrations to go well like every year and the guests enjoy it and his family too, he invited many friends of his some neighbors and businessmen, it was a good chance to show off and meet the businessmen again after what his company faced and the news that were spread, also to make good connections with them. Poja also wanted the celebrations to go well, also the things with the Bachchans, to get closer and closer to them and her plan to make Kajol and Abhishik get married goes well. Preity was excited about the news she has to tell Saif, but she was thinking all the time when to tell him and also to make sure non of the others know anything; she knew that everyone notices that she is close to Saif but she wanted no one to know about her secret until she tells Saif and both manage to tell everyone in the suitable time. What also concerned Preity is Rani, she knew she had enough to worry about so she didn't want to busy her mind with her issue, and also denying to Shahrukh and hiding it from him so he won't tell Rani or most important not to tell Amira who will tell everyone of course if she knew.

Kajol was stressed because of the fact that Abhishik and Saif will be present, but she decided to act normally, they were close friends to the family after all, she was also thinking about what she will do with Shahrukh. Rani was still sad for her relationship with Meera, but Shahrukh and Preity's words with Meera made it a little easier for everything to go back to the normal, but Rani was the one who is scared to take a step forward.

Shahrukh had many things running in his mind, first watching on Preity, staying away from Kajol, he can't predict her behaviors, but he was sure she will act crazy, and he saw that it will be better if he stays away from Poja's sight.

Amira was the only one who had nothing to worry about, she was the only one who really was enjoying the preparations for Diwali.

They finished everything at the afternoon, they only had time to wear their clothes and get ready to welcome the guests. All the girls ended to be at Kajol's room, like every Diwali, because Kajol was the only one who could wear a Sari easily so she had to help all of them.

'I just don't know, why can't we do it with Jeans? these kind of clothes are becoming an old fashion' Preity pleaded when Kajol was helping her to wear the Sari

'why don't you wear something else then?' Amira asked

'all of you are wearing Saris, i don't want to look different, but i don't like Sari' Preity pleaded again

'god, Preity, the same whining of every year, can't you just wear it silently?' Kajol said in boredom placing the remained part of the cloth over Preity's shoulder then she headed to Rani, who was sitting silently at the edge of Kajol's bed. Kajol kissed Rani's cheek and patted kindly over her shoulder 'every thing will be okay, i promise' Kajol said smiling, Rani gave a short smile and nodded. Kajol helped her with the Sari then moved to Amira's Sari. Preity sat on the edge of the bed next to Rani.

'dying to see your brother in the traditional clothes' Kajol whispered

'you are acting like it is the first Diwali! you have seen him before' Amira said wondering

'no, but two years passed, he became older and sexier' Kajol said and winked, Amira just kept blinking, and she didn't know what to say.

'where is Meera by the way?' Kajol asked

'at Auntie Poja's room, she said she would take care of clothing her and combing he hair, Shivan is with Shahrukh'

'I have finished' Kajol said when she finished tying the Sari for Amira then said 'so let's go annoy the boys'

'yes, let's go' Preity said happily, she stood up and all went to Shahrukh's room, Kajol opened the door without knocking and went in, all followed her. Shahrukh was standing in front of the dressing table, combing Shivan's hair, Shahrukh noticed them, put the comb on the dressing table and headed towards them. Kajol automatically smiled when she saw him combing Shivan's hair, Shahrukh was such a caring person in the inside, Kajol nearly dropped her jaw when she saw his clothes.

'what is this for?' Shahrukh asked Kajol gesturing to the door, Kajol shrugged her shoulders, Shahrukh held her had, made a fist and placed it on the door 'you... should... knock' he said, slightly angry.

'but both of you were already dressed' Kajol pouted, he shook his head and left her hand, all went in his room.

'is that an invasion?' Shahrukh asked all of them

'yes' Preity said happily, at the same time Kajol headed to Shahrukh's dressing room and held his perfume, Shahrukh rolled his eyes and sighed.

'what are you thinking of? it is for men!' Shahrukh uttered when Kajol sprayed perfume at the back of her hand, she looked back at him, then headed towards him 'so let's spray some on you' Kajol said and started spraying perfume at him and he started stepping back.

'this is too much, i have already sprayed enough' Shahrukh said placing his palms in front of his clothes

'no no it smells good, let's put some more, hold him Preity' Kajol said happily, Preity held Shahrukh's arms and Kajol kept spraying

Shahrukh looked at Amira 'any help please?' Rani burst out laughing suddenly that everyone looked at her, Shahrukh took the chance and snatched the bottle from Kajol's hand.

'guys i really love you together' Rani said through her laughs

'i love us together too' Kajol said holding Shahrukh's arm to hers, Shahrukh quickly put his another arm around Preity's shoulder and pulled her closer to him 'happy family' Shahrukh said coldly through his teeth.

'gotcha!' Amira suddenly said, she went to the door and put her hands over Meera's shoulders who was standing near the door watching them, she took her in, then Amira felt stupid and was about to take Meera out again, it won't be easy if Rani and Meera are in the same room.

'no wait' Rani said to Amira, Rani opened her arms and gestured to Meera to come to her. Meera moved slowly towards her.

'still angry with mom?' Rani said sadly to Meera and Meera nodded sadly so Rani added ' but you know how much i love you'

'but mom lied, mom is bad' Meera said sadly, tears forming in her eyes.

'Meera, do you remember what Shahrukh and i told you?' Preity asked sweetly and Meera nodded silently, she remembered their words and seemed a little convinced.

'I am so sorry dear that i lied to you, but i was scared for you too' Rani said through her tears

'but i miss him' Meera burst out crying and hugged Rani, Shivan also started crying and joined Rani and Meera, and Rani hugged him too. Amira sat at the edge of Shahrukh's bed watching this scene silently, Meera was a little luckier at least more than her and Shahrukh, at least she still has her mother, Amira kept shaking her leg, managing to not cry, so was happy that Shahrukh and everyone was busy looking at Rani so they won't notice her. Poja came in suddenly and stood speechlessly not knowing what is going on and why everyone is at Shahrukh's room, she also raised her eyebrow when she saw him holding Kajol and Preity in his arms.

Poja cleared her throat 'it is the time .... for the prayers and.. guests.. they started to... arrive' she said, making all look at her, they didn't know when did she come to the room. Shahrukh calmly put his hands away from Preity and Kajol. Kajol looked up and down at Shahrukh in anger but he looked away. They all nodded to Poja and started moving, she left and went downstairs. The rest all went out and looked through the first floor to see people coming.

'it looks like that uncle invited the whole city!' Shahrukh said, shook his head and went downstairs.

'uncle is so generous, his house is opened to everyone' Amira said happily, Kajol smiled and hugged her then all went downstairs and started greeting the guests, Karan, Saif and also the Bachchans.

'i need to tell you something quickly' Kajol said suddenly to Amira grabbing her arm 'try to keep Abhishik away from me as much as you can, or try to make him hate me, i threatened your brother but it all turned on me' Kajol pleaded

'ok, ok fine' Amira said, she was about to move then said 'what about Saif?'

'he will be busy with Shahrukh, Karan and Preity already' Kajol said quickly, Amira nodded and moved, Kajol suddenly started thinking what if Preity and Saif were in love, not just friends, Kajol would be very happy if she found that her thoughts are right, she would hit two birds with one stone, keep Saif busy, and Preity and Saif be together because they really look good together. Kajol smiled to herself and then joined the rest.

Amira suddenly remembered that it is not just Jaya and Abhishik, Amitabh is coming with them, she didn't know how she could forget something like this 'damn' she thought, she coldly put her hands in front of each other and greeted him with the family. Then hugged Jaya happily and shook hands with Abhishik, giving him a big smile. Shahrukh greeted Abhishik casually, he noticed how he looks at his sister, so Abhishik 'kind of' not an enemy anymore.

'welcome my dear friend' Shahrukh said hugging Karan

'oh my god, i really missed all of you and these celebrations' Karan said happily

'Karan, oh my god, you finally came' Saif said happily to Karan

'uh guys, i really needed both of you to be present, i am living in a house full of girls' Shahrukh said in boredom

'what is wrong with the girls?' Preity said punching Shahrukh's arm and hugging Karan 'welcome man' she said, Kajol, Rani and Amira followed her and hugged him

'one minute, there is a great smell, but it is like that someone poured the whole bottle of perfume' Karan said, Shahrukh rolled his eyes and the girls laughed.

'it is so strong yaar, really, that if someone fainted and we want him to wake up, the person has just to hug you and will come back to his senses in no time' Karan said giggling

'it is not him, Kajol kept spraying perfume at him until his clothes were full of perfume'

'is it that bad? shall i change my clothes?' Shahrukh said sadly smelling his clothes

'come on guys, it is the time for prayers' Arjit called, everyone gathered at the big hall to perform the diwali prayers. After the prayers all went out to the garden to watch the fireworks, and the young ones gathered together.

'we are so happy you could make it Karan' Kajol said happily to Karan

'I really missed all this, your father always made me feel that it is my home too' Karan said

'we are watching films you make, we are so happy for you' Amira said

'thanks girl, i am waiting for you to finish so you design costumes in my films' Karan said

'very soon' Amira grinned

Shahrukh suddenly flinched when Kajol was placing her index finger in his cheek to touch his dimple 'guys, please someone tie her up' Shahrukh said pushing her away gently in boredom 'what is wrong with her today?' he said to the girls

'what should i do? my cousin has the cutest dimples ever' Kajol said through her laughs, everyone else couldn't help but laugh at her. Then all joined the other guests.

The first night of the diwali celebrations passed smoothly, guests left to come again on the second days for the prayers and food and fun with Arjit's family. The Bachchans, Karan and Saif were led to their rooms.

Day 2 (Naraka Chaturdasi/Choti Diwali)

On this day they all got up earlier than usual because it is the Naraka Chaturdasi day, The day is celebrated by early morning religious rituals and festivities follows on. On that day they rubbed their bodies in perfumed oils before bathing. Afterwards, clean clothes are worn. Girls put Kajal (kohl) in their eyes as it was believe that it keeps evil eye away. Everyone did the morning prayers together then all gathered to have breakfast.

Amitabh was seated at the opposite side of Arjit, Jaya on his left and Abhishik on his right, Karan was next to him then Saif then Shahrukh.
Meera and Shivan were next to Jaya. They were all seated on the table, most of them half asleep.

'this is so early for me guys' Preity said in a sleepy voice and half opened eyes

'but we are spending time together, that's what is important' Kajol said

'gosh i really...' Karan was about to continue but he was interrupted ' miss this' Shahrukh, Kajol, Rani, Amira and Preity said at the same time.

'are you still counting Preity?' Shahrukh asked

'tired of counting, but maybe he reached 134 times i guess saying the word "miss"' Preity said and Karan giggled

'I have to admit, you are gifted with a lovely house and a lovely family' Amitabh said to Arjit

'they are my life, it makes me extremely happy to see them gathered together' Arjit said with a big smile

'you know, this house has an interesting story' Amira said to Amitabh then continued 'we aren't the only one who lived here, actually this house was uncle Arjit's great-grandfather's house, different generations were in this house, and we are the newest one. I pray that god give uncle Arjit and Auntie Poja a very long life so they can see our grand grand children' she said excitedly

Poja and Arjit gave Amira a big smile, while Amitabh just nodded coldly

"why the hell did i talk to you anyway?'' Amira thought when Amitabh gave her that cold reply

'that is so beautiful Amira' Jaya said quickly trying to fix the situation

'yeah that was really touching' Abhishik said also

Amira gave a short smile 'uh, you know, memories and... all' she said then whispered to Shahrukh 'this man really hates me'

'i really don't know what is wrong with him, i will talk to uncle Arjit about it' Shahrukh said, still whispering; in anger.

Amira nodded in denial ' i will just forget about him'

Shahrukh sighed then looked at Kajol by mistake, he found her looking at him already, raising her eyebrows playfully to him, he rolled his eyes, when he was about to look away he found Poja looking at him, even if it looked like just a normal look, but he didn't feel like that, he ended up looking away.

Preity was looking at Saif and grinning all the time, he smiled to her too from time to time, Karan was just managing not to laugh at her. Rani was just watching everyone, she was exhausted, physically and mentally.

After breakfast Poja and Arjit sat with Amitabh and Jaya. The rest sat together away from them.

'it is good that you brought new maids, i just don't understand the idea that you help at housework. I was talking to Amira once on the phone and she told me that she had to hang up because she has to wash the dishes, and that Rani also cooks. i was like "what?''' Abhishik said when they all sat down.

'It is uncle Arjit's idea, you know auntie Poja doesn't like that too, she told him we can afford maids, but no. He said that we have to learn housework anyway, no one knows. I don't see it is a bad thing' Rani replied calmly

Abhishik was about to ask another question but he noticed Meera who is holding Preity's arm, he waved to Meera and she silently waved back, he gestured to her to come, she left Preity's arm and went to Abhishik who sat her over his lap 'Meera right?' he asked and she silently nodded. He noticed how small and weak Meera is, but he found that cute, he kissed her hand 'you are such a cutiepie' he said and Meera giggled.

'but don't you get confused when it is Meera and Amira at the same house?' Abhishik asked

'i think you asked this question before and as far as i can remember the answer was "no''' Amira said coldly

'speaking about names, there's something confusing about your name'

'again?'

'no i mean, "your name" ' Abhishik said pointing at her and Shahrukh then continued 'how could you be a Khan and the whole family is Mukherji?'

'you ask a lot of questions!' Shivan said, all laughed

'we ask when we don't know' Abhishik said simply

'i will tell you, actually our father is uncle Arjit's half brother, they are brothers from the same mother' Shahrukh explained

'oh, now it is clear' Abhishik said smiling

In the evening after prayers, a mix of bright and loud fireworks are set off in an atmosphere of joyful fun and noise. Special sweet dishes are served as part of the midday meal. House are lit with oil lamps during the evening. Guests came back again to enjoy all this.

'why don't we just all go out for an ice cream?' Amira asked at the end of the celebrations and after the guests left.

'ice cream? after all the sweets we ate'! Shahrukh said

'why not?' Preity asked

'it is not about sweets, but let's just all of us go out together' Amira replied

'i think it is a nice idea' Saif said

'and you can get the chance and show me around the town' Abhishik added

'I won't come' Rani said

'no, please Rani come, i don't come everyday, let's all just hang out' Karan said, Rani thought for a few seconds 'ok' she said

'but let's change for something comfortable all of us' Amira said, they all agreed and went to change their clothes.

They all walked, the weather was crispy and beautiful and the ice cream place wasn't so far, so it won't be difficult of they walked

'you look extremely happy these days!' Saif said when he was walking alone with Preity

'you are here, that's why' Preity said sweetly

'i know what you have gone through is not easy at all, but you need to be strong Rani' Karan said sadly when they were walking together

'i don't know, but everything is going bad and every time i think i will rest life surprises me' Rani sad in a sarcastic tone

'just know we are with you, we won't leave you alone' Karan said patting over her shoulder then said 'you still keeping Meera at home?'

'yeah, she is so weak Karan and you know her health is not good, but her school understands that, but i send her from time to time but not regularly, as i don't know if she is going to be better soon or not' Rani replied desperately

'the weather is beautiful today, isn't it?' Kajol asked loudly

'yeah' Shahrukh, Abhishik and Amira said at the same time, Abhishik shook his head feeling confused, not knowing why Kajol has been behaving awkwardly for a while.

After few minutes they arrived at ice cream place, they ordered then sat on the chairs in front of the shop and started eating.

'when is your next film?' Saif asked Karan

'i have no idea' Karan replied

'at least tell us the plot, I am dying to know'

'I didn't find a story yet actually' Karan said

'i am looking forward to a love story, not something deep' Preity said

'well thank you Preity, you gave me a great idea for a question' Amira said suddenly then asked 'what is love to you? how do you define love? hmm for example, what is love to you Shahrukh?'

'Courage' Kajol said suddenly before Shahrukh could say a word

'i said Shahrukh, but whatever' Amira said, feeling confused

'the lover should be brave, to tell his beloved about his feelings clearly then fight for her against the whole world' Kajol said

'don't stay with Preity for a long time, she has a very bad effect on you' Shahrukh said sarcastically to Kajol

'anyway, what is love to you Preity?' Karan asked this time

'a beautiful dream' Preity said sweetly

'Saif?' Karan asked again

'hmm, fun!' Saif said

'Amira?'

'ice cream'

'really? is that what is love to you!' Karan asked and all laughed

'and you Shahrukh?' Abhishik asked

'well, i don't know much about love, but i think faith and trust are important at any kind of relationship'

'wah wah' Karan said and laughed, Rani started to yawn so all decided to move back

'why the hell are you behaving like a crazy woman Kajol?' Amira whispered when they were leaving

'no, i am completely normal, hmm and keeping Abhishik away' Kajol whispered back

'don't worry, he is already scared from you'

'sounds good'

All went to the house to sleep, as they were walking fast and it was getting late. Only Amira and Abhishik were walking slowly when they were near the house.

'are you okay?' Abhishik asked Amira who was so silent all the way home.

Amira stopped walking and looked at him 'you have been asking many questions today, so can i ask you some?'

'yeah sure' Abhishik replied casually not knowing what is wrong

'Abhishik, you really didn't know how my parents died?' Amira asked angrily

'Shahrukh' Shahrukh was called when he was going upstairs, it was Poja standing near the big hall waiting for him and he went towards her but she entered the big hall, so he followed her. Poja stood looking at the statues of the idols in front of her. Shahrukh came closer and stood next to her.

'yes Auntie Poja' Shahrukh said

'stay away from my daughter'

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 174 6
Krish Khanna (Shah Rukh Khan) is one of India's most powerful businessmen. It's not unusual for rivals to put a hit on him. He'd always known his lif...
70.1K 2.6K 58
Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol were never supposed to 'work' as a couple. There were too many barriers blocking their path but sometimes you have to do the...
412K 15.7K 55
Meet.... Kajal Mathur... the youngest daughter of Industrialist Ramesh Mathur. A 19 year old bubbly girl. Kajal is smitten by love... she hate the co...
12.2K 773 45
[EDITING ON PROGRESS] - Previously posted in a fandom group on Facebook. Forgetting is the most painful and severe thing in life. When we have to for...