He was right

By zeal136

Step into Hazel Justice's zany life. She has got the looks and the brains. She's funny and childlike but seri... More

Before you begin....
Welcome to Hazel-town!
Immature? Me? Puh-leeze!
Oh boy!
Once upon a stranger
Chasey! Chase! Chase!
You don't mess with me!
This means war!
Spin the bottle
There goes my Sunday!
We, the chatty girls!
The gift hunt
Déjà vu!
Burned, bitch! Burned!
Follow me, slave!
Of neon monkeys, leprechauns and minty kiss
I did WHAT?!
Stupid questions
Tit for tat
Hey
Quack! Quack!
I'm sexy and I know it!
Chocolate flavored kiss
The crash
The angel vs dumbasses
Hot and cold Tyler
Naked singing beauty
His girl
Oppa Gangnam Style!
BAZINGA!
Cat fight...sorta!
Tyler Tyler everywhere!
My sugar bunny....huh!
Mother effing heels!
Don't cha?
Playing Cupid
That four-letter word
Finally found one!
Lights! Camera! DRAAAAAAAMAAA!!
Yo!
Drip! Drip!
Crybaby
Tagged his
Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!
I might just poison him!
He was right
SEQUEL
Look who's back!!!!!!!!
Epilogue

Meet the Justice League

30K 1.3K 411
By zeal136

A/N: This is short!

This is unedited.

______________________________________

Have you ever noticed that noisy family, laughing like animals, throwing food at each other and very determined to make sure that everyone around gets to hear their funny stories and then die laughing, while you’re sitting with your ‘oh-so-civilized’ family in a corner of a restaurant and shaking your head and sniggering at their stupid behavior or just rolling your eyes and complaining against them to the manager?

That was probably us, as I like to call us, the Justice League.

It was my grandparents’ wedding anniversary and as always we all were gonna spend the day together. But mind you…we were not exactly….sane!

Especially when we were to be put together under the same roof!

Our house looked more like a madhouse that day!

“YOU JUST WAIT BRANDT! ONCE I CATCH YOU, I’M GONNA BEAT THE SHIT OUT OF YOUR SORRY ASS! YOU SICK-“

“AUNT LOLA!!!” I shrieked as I heard my dad’s sister. “Jesus! We’ve got kids around here!” I said and looked at her disapprovingly but then started chuckling. My aunt was busy running around the living room with a rolling pin in one hand after her younger brother i.e. my Uncle Branny. She stopped and rushed towards me.

“Hazel!” she chimed and gave me a tight hug. “Look at you! You’ve grown so much!”

I laughed and said, “You’d seen me at Christmas too! I’m still the same!”

She smiled and said, “Oh is it!” She observed me from head to toe. “You’re right! I’ll use that on Norah,” she said and winked.

Just then a flying newspaper hit her on the face. “You’ve grown too! I get that Pete is a chef, but that doesn’t mean all you gotta do is stuff yourself up with food all day long!” Uncle Brandt said and smirked. “You look bloated!”

Pete, Aunt Lola’s boyfriend and the others in the room burst out laughing but then zipped their lips up when she glared at them.

He waved at me and said, “Hi Princess!” I shot him a toothy grin and then started laughing hard when he started running again, a beyond mad Aunt Lola trailing him. They always cracked us up with their small fights. They had not grown mentally at all after the age of ten!

“Hazel!! Oh, honey, I’ve missed you so much!” Grandma said cheerily as she captured me in a tight embrace.

“Aww…I’ve missed you too!” I said as I pulled back and held her hands. “And I’ve missed you too! I’ve missed both of you!” I said to my Grandpa who was feigning hurt and pouting.

Drama….Yeah, that’s in our blood!

He started laughing and came forward to hug me as well, as Grandma got back to Norah and baby Laila.

“GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN Luke!”

“But mom!”

“GET OUT!”

I shook my head and braced myself to meet Luke, the jerk. No! Luke THE JERK!

I hated Uncle Branny’s kids, except Laila, as much as I loved him!

Luke and Jade, the two big heads with overblown egos and totally zero wits.

Luke was the typical ‘you’re my sistah, I’ll make your life hell’ kinda brother to all of us. Maybe not to Norah and Laila but he was that for me and Jade. He was stupid and mean but Aunt Becca always insisted that it was the hormones and not his beloved cute li’l fifteen years old son!

Luke came into the living room and smirked at me. He started walking towards me and just as I was about to shake his extended hand, he walked right past me and then started laughing like the butthead he was and plopped on the couch as he took out his phone from his pocket.

That sucker!

“Jade! Why are you not here yet, sweetie?” I heard my grandma talking on the phone. “Oh! Why not?....Uh huh…Oh honey, we all miss you!”

SHE’S NOT COMING?! YAAAASSSSSS!!!

I started grinning like crazy.

She was always the big meanie out of us. She’d always hide my Barbies, wipe out my sand castles and flirt with my crushes in front of me and if nothing, then just back bitch about me or simply roam around as she were some super model, which she would never be, though she was modeling for some agency at the moment.

Hating people without any reason is just not me but then again, there are some people like Jade in my life, for whom it should be a sin to expect a cookie from me ever!

I would always stand on one side and she on the other.

After melons, I hated Jade THE MOST!

“Yeah, she’s right here,” Grandma said and looked at me.

Fuck!

“No! No! No!” I was saying repeatedly in a hushed voice when Grandma smirked and put me on the line. Damn! “JADE!” I said in a voice too sweet for her to digest. “How have you been? It’s been SO long!”

“Hazel! I’m great! Just had a photo shoot! You know Ruby! She’s always getting me new campaigns to model for!” she chirped.

Umm….well Jade was bisexual and Ruby was her latest fashion photographer girlfriend.

“Yeah! You’d be nothing without her! You definitely owe her your career. Who would otherwise pick you?” I said in a disgusted tone.

“Hazel!” Grandma said and smacked my arm with a warning look.

Woah ho ho! You brought this on me old lady!

“Whatever! We love each other and she feels that that’s the least she can do for me!” she said with her usual bitchy tone.

“Yeah right! You love her like you loved that guy in the management of that lame agency of yours and that other Italian one who bought you your lovely car!”

“French! He was French!”

Like I care!

“And at least I’ve had people in my life that have loved me! Unlike some who are gonna be loners for life!” she said in a condemning tone.

“Excuse me? Who said I’m alone?! FYI I have a boyfriend too! And he’s so hot that he can even turn that Ruby of yours straight!” I said and huffed.

Shhhhhhhhh…..

If a teensy weensy lie keeps me from feeling low in front of her, then be it!

“YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?!” grandma screamed with utmost excitement. Her announcement was followed by various calls from around the house.

“A boyfriend?!”

“A boyfriend?”

“That dude must be blind!”

“My girl has grown up!”

“I think I’m gonna puke! DON’T EAT THIS PUDDING!”

“Oh really?!” Jade continued. “Who is it? Liam Payne?” she said and sniggered.

Though she couldn’t see me, I still rolled my eyes. “No!” I said in an obvious tone. “His name is….uhm….Tyler! His name is Tyler!”

Shhhhhhhh……..

If another teensy weensy meensy lie keeps me from feeling low in front of her, then be it!

“TYTY IS YOUR BOYFRIEND?!” Norah squealed.

God! Seriously?! Can’t a person talk on the phone without being eavesdropped upon in this house?!

“TYLER IS YOUR BOYFRIEND? He’s such a nice boy!”

“Who’s Tyler?”

“That Adam’s kid?”

“Who’s Adam?”

“That dude is seriously blind!”

“I’M SICK!”

“No, he’s not!” I whisper shouted at Norah.

“He’s not?” Jade asked.

Argh!!

I squinted my eyes and cursed in my head. “Yes, he is! He is!...Hello? Hello Jade?”

“Jade!?”

Jade?

I turned around to find my obnoxious cousin standing in my living room in her blondie badass glory, with a sickeningly sweet smile and a pouty red head behind her.

“Is that your girlfriend?”

“Dammit Ruby! You’re hot!”

“Shut up Luke!”

“Oh Jade! Honey you came!”

“Happy anniversary grandpa!”

“Hi! I’m Luke but you can call me sexy.”

“Luke, BEHAVE!”

“OH GOD! MY STOMACH!”

Just AWESOME!

After meeting everyone and introducing them to Ruby, Jade made her way towards me.

“So Hazel! I don’t see any Tyler here,” she said and flipped her hair.

Fuck!

“Of course you don’t! He’s not here! Duh!”

“I’LL GO AND GET HIM!” Norah squealed and rushed to the door.

WHAT?!

NO!

SHIT!!

“No! Norah wait! NORAH!!” I was calling and running after her out of the house.

Damn! She’s too fast!!

She ran straight to Ashley’s porch and rang the doorbell.

“Norah!” I said as I stopped in front of their door to catch my breath.

Just then the lock of the door clicked and out came Tyler.

“Hazel?”

Norah grabbed his hand and started dragging him away from the porch. “Jade wants to see you!” she said in a strained voice as she was trying hard to pull Tyler along.

“Jade? Who? What’s going on?” he asked with a perplexed expression.

“No one! Norah! Go back right now!”

“But Haz-“

“RIGHT NOW NORAH!”

She furrowed her eyebrows and pouted. I ignored her and started pushing Tyler back into his house.

“Hazel? What’s-“

“I’ll explain later. I don’t have the ti-“

“Hazel?”

Jade?

I turned around to face Jade who was standing with Norah, who had a lopsided grin on her face.

“This is Tyty, Hazel’s boyfriend!” she chirped and pointed at Tyler.

Damn!

Stuff’s about to go down!

____________________________________________

A/N: You know the drill: vote, comment and follow.

The goal: 100 votes....again!

The coming week is my exams week.

I'm tired as hell.

It's 3:37 AM.

I have school tomorrow. 

I'm going to bed.

Night night my Zeally beans! ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

317 21 15
Travis MacArthur, who recently started his senior year in high school, was comfortably settling into his seemingly ordinary life, living with his bus...
670K 24.6K 68
November Istenpol, also know as Nova has got it rough. She lives in a bad part of town, and has to pretend to be a guy to stay safe. Desperate for m...
433K 12.8K 53
~"What have that bag ever done to you?" I feel someone touch my shoulder. My instinct took over, I spin around and gave a circle kick. Tyler dogged...
215K 13.1K 38
"So, let me get this straight. You stomped all over his paperwork?" She started. "Not intentionally, but yes," I confirmed it. "Threw a drink in hi...