The Silence We Fill | MYG

By BangtanNova

"Don't you see? They're out there, waiting for us! They sit there, all eyes watching the stage, wanting somet... More

~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter Zero
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Mini Chapter
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Epilogue
Ending A/N

Chapter Six

86 9 36
By BangtanNova

Waiting for something tends to be harder when it holds the basis of your whole future in the simple words of 'You were accepted' . Especially with someone in my situation. 

In those two days, I busied myself with more practice. Mostly to become acquainted with my new friend. This counted from making my own songs, to playing around with melodies from games or already made music, to actually trying to learn some pieces that could be used if I made it.  

The space that wasn't being used for that was filled with basic human necessities and yelling. Lots and lots of yelling.

But it was all worth it when I heard the ringtone of the number I had saved, the sound of Vivaldi's summer calling out to me in a way it hadn't before. So startled to hear it, I almost dropped my violin. 

Who I apologized quickly to only to rush over and grab my phone.

Answer, answer, answer!

I basically screech in my mind though aloud I manage a polite, "Hello?"

"Is this Kim (Y/N)?" I hear a girl voice say though it isn't the young one of Marsha. Instead it's deeper, more smooth on the tongue as she pronounces each word quickly. And there's age behind it, as if the one speaking is ready to pass down the wisdom she has earned too harshly in this world.

I like it.

"Uhm, yes it is." 

"We have news regarding the competition that you entered in as a violinist. Is that right?"

"Yes." 

Come oonnnnn! Get to the point already!

I can hear my heart in my ears, the sound almost swallowing everything. But it can't swallow hers, no that's impossible when I've worked so hard to be where I am.

"We have the results. And I am very pleased to tell you that you can proceed to the next level of the competition, which is the district. I would like to invite you to Cadence Hall tomorrow, where you and your partner will be filled in with the details. This meeting will start at three sharp if that is okay with you."

Holy heck it freaking is!

"Of course," I tell her carefully, part of my mind focused on making sure my voice doesn't waver. The other is screaming and being useless at this point.

"Well that works perfectly. Thank you. I will see you tomorrow." 

And with that she hangs up.

I stand there before letting out a small giggle, all my excitement and happiness ready to burst from my body. And it does when I let out a squeal only for it to then excel to a scream of triumph, my legs moving on their own as they jump onto my bed. 

I hear someone yelling at me to quiet down but when I don't it's followed by the stairs creaking. The door opens, showing my mom who is sternly looking at me. But before she can scold me I quickly yell at her, "I made it!"

For a second a flash of surprise crosses her expression, eyebrows raising, lips parting, and eyes dilating. She simply stands there only for her to call my father who runs up. He has a similar reaction though it's quickly followed by a grin and eyes that light up the whole room it seems. He runs forward and scoops me up, giving me an embrace of happiness that I feel I haven't had in years.

My mom does nothing, simply watching. 

"I did it! I finally did it! I'm going to compete against the district! And I know I can make it past there! I just have to really work." Determination and confidence drips from my voice, maybe too much for it to be anywhere near modest, but I'm too happy to care. Because I finally did it.

After all the yelling, all the fights, all the sacrifices, I've been rewarded. 

I knew it would happen soon.

I glance to my violin and move out of my fathers arms only to gently hold the instrument against me.

And silently, I whisper, "Thank you."

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

Standing in front of the hall for an entirely different reason as last time makes me lightly giggle, the happiness in me escaping in small bursts similar to so. Walking in I glance around, looking for anyone to help me. 

Though I don't really need to look long  because I see Marsha walk up to me. Quickly she bows before then actually greeting me. "Welcome back Mrs.Kim! Please follow me." She doesn't wait to turn and lead, just like last time. This time we take a different turn, instead leading the opposite way of the small area. She doesn't stop until we land at the very end of the hall, opening the last door which shows a small conference room like area. 

It's musty, the smell of rain and earth mixing together to create a stale scent and humid area. Makes sense with how nice the rest of the building looks in all honesty. 

Four people sit along there, being the three judges and what I'm guessing is my partn-

Blue hair.

Beanie.

Thin eyes.

Min Yoongi.

He was my partner?!

I try to not show the shock as I sit down where Marsha shows, being across from the inhuman human. He watches me, lightly nodding his head when I sit. The rest of his body doesn't move with it though, his body being as still as it was on the day of the competition.

Before I can think too much I nod back quickly before then greeting the judges, one sitting at the very edge of the table while the other two sit across from each other. The judge on the edge, or the older woman from the call, smiles and speaks after we're past the formalities. 

"Thank you for coming Mrs. Kim. I am happy to see you here. I invited you and Mr. Min because we need to speak of how you will be attending the county competition next. Because this town is too small to hold such a competition, it will be set in Daegu." I hear Yoongi shift in his seat, causing me glance to him with how sudden the action seemed to be from how still he had just been. "The only things that will paid for are your plane tickets and hotel. Understand?"

Yoongi nods again though I have to stop myself from growing panicked. I didn't have that much money left.

The woman doesn't seem to notice my mental distress and goes on anyways, "The farther you travel up the competition ranks, the more they will pay for and the more will be given. I'm sure that was already suspected but many still grow shocked at the fact. I want to warn you before hand. And of course, there is legal work to do."

"Mrs. Won, maybe we should explain why them two are in specifically before we do pull out the paperwork." One speaks, being the younger boy. He glances to me before clearing his throat. "Mr. Min, you were picked for your outstanding talent to play as precisely as you had.  You seem to be the most experienced of all the pianists and did not fall to stress. I commend you for so. And Miss. Kim." He pauses and glances to the woman.

She speaks. "You were my choice. The other two did not approve I must admit," this causes the elderly man to grunt, ",but I wanted you to participate because of the emphasis of the movements you had during your performance. The different piece you brought, the idea you were there instead of simply becoming a puppet to the ones before you. . ." She purses her lips as her eyes slide to Yoongi who keeps a blank expression, "It is a courageous thing to do in such a place. I hope you can show that talent to many others, inspire them to walk the same path as us."

I simply sit there, my mouth dry at the sudden bombardment of compliments. It was something I was not used to. Sure, my dad was proud of me yesterday but that was because he was worried I simply wasting away. He never purely supported my music, albeit he didn't scream at me everyday, but you could still see the disappointment. 

But here I was, being praised for doing something I wasn't supposed to be.

"Don't let us down Miss Kim." The elderly man finally speaks, his gaze very slowly sliding to mine.

"I, I won't."

I couldn't.

☆♬○♩●♪✧♩  ♩✧♪●♩○♬☆

I wasn't expecting anything insanely fancy when they spoke about paperwork, and I was glad for it, but when they gave Yoongi and I a stack and then left the room I was shocked to say the least. There was so much for such a small level of competition.

"I was expecting paperwork but not an amount like this." Yoongi murmurs, saying his first words since I arrived. I glance up, seeing him grab a pen that they also left. 

One for me and one for him.

I grab mine, taking the first few papers off before attempting to skim them. But I fail when I cross too many 'wordy' phrases that force me to go back and read each word carefully. As if they hold some type of secret to eternal life or at least something so precious of the sort.

"Hey, uh, do you see the date for when we leave?" I ask, trying to get my voice to be sturdy but it slightly wavers, causing me to clear my throat quickly.

Thankfully he doesn't comment, seemingly too focused to really notice. "I see a date but I don't think it can be right. It seems too soon." 

"Where is it?" Leaning over, I try to compare our two sheets to see if I can read the print myself. Thankfully he makes it much easier for me, turning the paper and pointing to the time before the date. After reading the paragraph a few times I frown. "No, that's the date." I murmur.

"It's so early." The boy puffs out his cheeks lightly as he thinks, distracting me with the action. Mostly for the fact of he seems too serious to actually do something as so. But it strangely fits him at the same time.

"Well, for me, I can leave at any moment honestly. I suppose the earlier the better for me." I admit, knowing my parents would be excited to see my bedroom empty. I shake my head. I had to stay positive. Like the earlier it was, the faster I could show everyone who I was.

The thought makes me smile.

"I'll have to speak to all my roommates." Yoongi tells me, bringing out his phone and typing something. When he sets it down I see it's some type of digital notepad, labeled as notes with the date and reminder for himself.

Oh, smart. I just make a mark next to the date with my pen instead though.

"Your roommates?" I ask, venturing for more information despite guessing he wouldn't really share anything.

And he doesn't as he just hums to confirm that yes, he did indeed live with roommates.

"It says the time of the flight too." I murmur, also circling it before also showing it to him so he could write it in his notes. To which he does.

"It's late. Or, rather, early." He mutters to himself, setting his phone down and this time turning the screen off.

"We can meet an hour before the flight." I offer to him, "That way we can wait together and already be set. Make sure to pack light too, I don't think they're paying extra luggage fees." Then a realization hits me. "My violin! Will I have to pay for that too?" I groan lightly, "This is the first page and I'm already tired."

The joke makes a soft chuckle escape him,or, well, just one amused breath really. But it's something.

"It doesn't make a difference to me. I'm always tired." He says so quietly I don't know if I'm meant to hear.

After the moment, we don't really speak, only in small snippets to exchange information. I don't really know how long we work together but by the time we walk out of the building the ground is littered in petals and the sun is setting. 

"Thank you for all the help Min." I murmur, lightly bowing. "I'll meet you at the airport."

Yoongi bows back, "I should thank you too. And yes, I'll see you there."

We both take our separate ways, my eyes glancing back to watch him leave.

See you in two days.

End Of Chapter Six

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

SMS By 🦉

Fanfiction

167K 5K 47
Min Yoongi, also known as Suga of BTS has kept a huge secret. He kept it from his members for years. Now, his secret is finally revealed to his membe...
181K 5.7K 40
Y/N is a girl who is never loved by her family. She has one elder brother who abuses her, and her mother also, who shouts at her for nothing. She bea...
18.6K 674 22
"𝒀/𝒏, 𝒚𝒐𝒖'𝒓𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝒃𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒐𝒏𝒈𝒊'𝒔 𝒔𝒕𝒚𝒍𝒊𝒔𝒕." "𝑾-𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕...?" ••Making music for his fans without any distractions and...
241K 10.5K 62
The last time she saw him, he was a school boy starting his journey as a rapper. The last time he saw her, she was following him around with stars in...