Not So Different | Connor x G...

De GoldenEnderFox

(Established Relationship) It's been almost five months since the peaceful protest had occured. Androids now... Mais

Chapter 1: One Month Anniversary
Chapter 2: Texting with Emojis
Chapter 3: Last Chances
Chapter 4: Triggers
Chapter 5: Bed Sharing, Old Texts
Chapter 6: Despacito
Chapter 8: Confrontations on the Street
Chapter 9: The Good Days
Chapter 10: Return to Me
Chapter 11: Gavin's Hatred Bubbles
Chapter 12: All in the Past
Chapter 13: Off Work Early
Chapter 14 *SMUT*: Let Me Love You
Chapter 15: Jericho
Chapter 16: Insecurities
Chapter 17: Get Through This
Chapter 18 *BRIEF SMUT*: Everything Will Be Alright
Chapter 19: Drunken Buzz
Chapter 20: "Dogsitting"
Chapter 21 *SMUT*: Broken Ties
Chapter 22: Caught in the Crossfire
Chapter 23: Fawkes in the Club
Chapter 24: Affection
Chapter 25: Brotherly Reunion
Chapter 26: Don't Go...
Chapter 27 *SMUT*: One More Night
Chapter 28: Broken
Chapter 29: New Partners
Chapter 30: Young Love
Chapter 31: The Wrong Path
Chapter 32: Abused
Chapter 33: Opposites Attract
Chapter 34: It's You
Chapter 35: Cheating
Chapter 36: Cyclothymia
Chapter 37: Investigaton
Chapter 38: Best Friends
Chapter 39: Clear My Mind
Chapter 40: I Think I Wanna Marry You
Chapter 41: Together Again
Chapter 42: Binary Talk
Chapter 43: Don't Deserve This
Chapter 44: Confusing Encounter
Chapter 45: Visual Defect
Chapter 46: What Is This Feeling?
Chapter 47: Pull The Trigger
Chapter 48: The Best Detective
Chapter 49: Lara and Fawkes
Chapter 50: Gun Shots
Chapter 51: Dysfunctional Family
Chapter 52: Wounded
Chapter 53: Before the Storm
Continuation?

Chapter 7: Stress Levels Rising

2K 78 33
De GoldenEnderFox

Connor leaned back in his chair as he tried to stop the artificial tears from pooling in his eyes.

Gavin was being a fucking asshole, Connor had deduced.

He understood that Gavin wanted to keep up his 'tough-guy-act'... But he wishes he didn't. 

His fingers glided over the keys as he looked up more on the case that Chris had told him about. Anything to get his mind off of Gavin.

His eyes moved to the desk opposite him. Hank's. He would never admit it to anyone but... he missed Hank, despite him only being gone for less than twenty four hours. Connor was sure that Sumo missed him too.

The android's metal heart continued to ache... And Connor hated it. This was one of the many things he hated about being a deviant. He hated feeling pain like this. The metaphorical kind which somehow became physical.

Connor loved Gavin so much that it hurt. It mainly hurt due to Gavin putting him down whilst in public around people that they both knew.

Unlike when they were at that bar where Gavin had easily defended him in front of that guy who ended up punching him.

Connor didn't usually work on Sundays... He used to enjoy spending time with Hank at home. But now he couldn't be more happy being here... Away from Gavin just to clear his head.

He had to get out of here. He needed to be in the cool air of Detroit. His systems were overheating and the hot temperature of the station wasn't exactly helping. His stress levels were significantly rising too.

Connor stood up and turned towards the exit.

"Anderson!" a voice caused him to turn around. Fowler. "My office!"

The android reluctantly walked towards Fowler's office, walking in through the glass door before closing it, "How may I help, Captain?"

Fowler sat down and leaned forward clasping his hands together on the desk, "You seem to have something on your mind, Connor." he noticed Connor's red LED, "Whatever it is you can talk to me. I can't have this affecting your work."

"I understand, Captain." Connor nodded, "But I can assure you that there is nothing is on my mind."

"You need to learn how to lie better, Connor. Controlling your LED would be a good start."

Connor's fingers insinctively reached up to his LED, "I... My apologies, Captain."

He nodded, "Whatever it is that is bothering you... Please don't bring the problem into work next time."

"Of course.... Captain...." Connor's voice trailed off as he caught someone out the corner of his eye enter the station.

"Fuckin' Reed." Fowler mumbled, "I had hunch that it had somethin' to do with him. I swear I'm gonna get rid of his ass if I catch him makin' anymore smartass comments regardind you, Connor."

"O-Oh no, nothing like that, Captain. Ga- Detective Reed has been... tolerable recentely."

The Captain was still clearly skeptical. He knew something was going on between his two detectives and he didn't want it affecting their work, "Deal with whatever the fuck is going on between you two as soon as possible. I don't want it coming into work tomorow. Do I make myself clear?"

"Yes, Captain. This won't happen again."

He nodded, "Good. Take an early break to talk to Reed and try to work something out for today."

"Yes, Captain. Thank you." Connor nodded before heading towards the door, exiting his office.

As Connor finished walking down the small set of stairs, a hand grabbed his and dragged him through the station, "G-Gavin? Why are you even here?!"

Gavin didn't respond as he pulled him to the back of the station towards the restroom. He made sure that all the stalls were empty before he pushed Connor against the sinks. Gavin slammed his lips against Connor's.

Connor was in shock at first before he managed to push Gavin away, "Gavin. We are at work. There is no time for this." his LED turned into a brighter red, "I suggest that you leave. You are not due in for work today."

"Connor, what the fuck is up with you?"

Stress Levels: 89%

"Nothing." Connor simply said, his eyes glaring at Gavin.

"There clearly is something wrong, dipshit! Your goddamn LED is still red!"

Stress Levels: 92%

"Gavin. Just drop it, okay? My stress levels are already at 92% and I would highly recommend that you don't cause them to rise any further."

"I just want to know what's wrong, babe! I don't even have the slightest fuckin' clue!"

Stress Levels: 97%

That was way too high for Connor's liking. He slipped past Gavin and made a break for the door, only to be stopped by Gavin's hand.

"Hey..." Gavin said, calmly, "Okay, you don't have to tell me what's wrong." he turned the android back around to face him, "But I am here for you if you need anything, got it?" his free hand coming up to gently cup Connor's jaw.

Connor's LED was going mad, it was constantly flashing yellow and red. He wasn't even sure how he was supposed to feel around Gavin anymore, the mixture of affection and rejection was confusing him beyond belief.

Gavin interlaced his fingers with Connor's, giving them a reassuring squeeze. His other hand still remaining on the android's jaw, thumb rubbing gently.

Gavin leaned up to softly place his lips against Connor's, in hopes to calm him down.

He knew what happened when an android's stress levels reach 100%. And he DEFINITELY didn't want Connor to get that stressed. Not after learning months ago that they self-destruct.

"Talk to me, Con. I can't have you self-destructing on me anytime soon."

Connor nodded leaning forward to place his head on Gavin's shoulder, Gavin gladly accepted this and removed his hand from the android's to bring up to the back of Connor's neck. His other hand coming to rest at the android's hip. 

Both of Connor's arms had made their way around Gavin's waist, "I... I'm trying to control myself."

Gavin didn't really know if this was the right thing to ask, but he asked it anyways, "What er... What are your stress levels at?"

His LED was still flashing between yellow and red, "95%."

Gavin did not like the sound of that. He pulled away from Connor, reaching down to take his hand in his once again, "Lets just go outside and see if we can get you to cool down. Because I can feel that you are overheatin'."

Connor allowed himself to be lead out of the restrooms, before Gavin could walk any further, Connor pulled him back slightly, "Er... Gavin?"

"What's up?"

The android looked down at their joined hands. Connor knew that Gavin wouldn't like to be seen here holding hands with him so he decided to remind him. For the safety of his 'tough-guy-act'.

Gavin looked towards where the exit was before looking back at Connor. He lout out a sigh, bringing the android's hand up to his lips to kiss his knuckles before tighening his grip.

Stress Levels: 86%

"Let's go, sweetheart." he winked, again beginning to lead him towards the exit. The pair got a few questionable looks from their co-workers on the way out but they decided to ignore them.

The cool air of Detroit hit Connor hard, his systems temperature instantly dropping. This in turn caused his stress levels to lower too, thankfully.

Stress Levels: 73%

Gavin stepped closer to him to loop his arm through Connor's, leaning into his side affectionately.

Connor then turned to bring the man into a hug.

A small piece of his mind was telling him to break up with Gavin. Mainly because he was confused. He didn't even know what to think anymore.

Maybe he was taking everything too seriously? Perhaps he just needed to calm down and see things from Gavin's perspective...

"I love you, Con..." Gavin mumbled into the android's chest.

Connor couldn't leave Gavin.

He was the only human who showed him affection and he didn't know he needed it so much until he became a deviant.

He didn't reply to Gavin, just squeezed him tighter.

He couldn't abandon Gavin.

Even though deep down he felt abandoned himself...

-x-

Gavin had brought him coffee whilst he was working at his desk, trying to spark small talk. It was awkward between the two.

They both felt exactly the same as they did the first day they started dating.

Just a pair of awkward idiots who didn't know what to say or do to one another.

Gavin sat on the edge of Connor's desk, a mug in his hand, "You still want me to stay with you tonight? I'd be more than happy to go back to mine and give you some space."

Connor thought about it, gulping down the last of his coffee.

Should he really let Gavin back in?

Connor craved Gavin's touch.

He craved the affection so much that he just disregarded all the shit that Gavin had been putting him through recentely.

How could he say no?

"I would like some company tonight. It gets lonely with just Sumo."

Gavin smiled, relieved, "Want me to see if Fowler will you out early? We can both go back to yours and just... chill out. Order food. Watch TV. That kinda shit."

"I doubt the Captain will allow that."

"With my charm, he won't be able to say no." Gavin winked.

"You need to have charm in the first place if you ever want to use it." Connor said with a smirk.

Gavin leaned forward, closer towards Connor's face, "Oh really, android? I charmed you, didn't I?"

"It was more like I took pity on how bad your pickup lines were. So I had to agree to be with you to shut you up."

"Oh, yeah?" Gavin leaned in even closer, "You can't resist me." he moaned into the android's ear, causing Thirium to flood to his cheeks, "I win." Gavin chuckled.

These were the times in which he enjoyed being with Gavin. The harmless back and forth between the two.

But he knew when Hank returned... These moments would become less frequent. Gavin's tough-guy side would come straight back to the surface and deflect anything that was said that him and Connor.

Connor didn't know what to do anymore.

He had never been so confused in his life.

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

77.4K 4K 36
Detective Reed's just been partnered up with RK900 and things aren't going too well but not for the reasons you may think. The android's taken a liki...
55.4K 1.1K 8
do you like Detroit? I sure hope so! cause why else would you be here Tw: swearing throughout I haven't tried ships yet so uhhhh x readers are my spe...
35.8K 1.4K 20
[Completed] You're Y/N L/N, a great student with average grades at DUAT College. Four years ago? A police officer. But your insecurities got you kic...
25K 1K 26
Cover credit to @dxddynxnes. Detroit: Become Human belongs to Quantic Dream. This fanfic has some sexual jokes and descriptions of gore, but there wi...