Land of the Dead

By divulgence

[ CURRENTLY GOING UNDER MAJOR EDITING ] Remnants of a once great land lay scattered everywhere, replaced by t... More

Land of the Dead
1) Strangers
2) Ties to the Past
3) Shopping Spree
4) Fallen
5) Broken Paradise
6) Insanity
7) Completion
8) Broken Abyss
9) Tidal Waves
10) Darkest Moments
11) Just for amusement
12) Roller Coaster Rush
13) Repeat or Fast-Forward
14) Chronicle I
15) Innocence
16) Precious Memories
17) Say I love you
18) Gone with the wind
19) Chronicle II
20) The Quiver of Words
21) Outbreak
23) Betrayal
24) The start of Enmity
25) Sanity level: low
26) The art of War
27) Chronicle III
28) Dead Girl in a Dead World
29) Shattered remnants of a fragmented past
Epilogue

22) Run away

348 22 13
By divulgence

Chapter 22 --- Land of the Dead

Run away

"GET OUT NOW!" Flynn practically screamed. He darted over to his room and disappeared for a few seconds, before reappearing with a teary Ivy.

"LET'S GO!"

"F-F-Flynn...what's happening?" Mascara ran down Ivy's cheeks. Flynn wiped her cheeks with the back of his hand.

"Sshh, you're too pretty to be wearing make-up." He pressed his lips against hers, taking her by surprise.

Jett barged out of the kitchen, chucking a bottle of whipped cream at the opposite wall.

"IT'S GONE OFF!" He coughed several times. Rose walked over to him and grabbed the back of his shirt.

"Let's go." She said, her voice steady. Lily followed then, eyes darting around.

"Wait!" She cried, almost stumbling over herself. Rose dragged Jett outside, carrying a knife. Jett spotted Victoria's katana and begged for Rose to release him. She did so, instead grabbing Lily, who was sobbing continuously. He grabbed her katana and scanned it thoroughly.

Alison burst out of her room, wearing a tight, short dress. The bottom half was black and the top half was a bright red, which both ran diagonal. She slung her AK-47 over her back and in her grasp she held her two other guns.

"They're loaded with ammo." She said, glaring at Flynn and Ivy. A few loose strands of hair fell over her face. "Let's go, now." Ivy and Flynn shared a glance.

Ivy raced into the kitchen, tore open the fridge and started rummaging through food.

"We haven't got much time!" Alice cried out.

"So you've seen them too, ehh?" Flynn asked her.

"Through the window in that room."

Flynn rushed into his room and grabbed his bow and arrows. He slung his bow over his shoulder and rummaged through drawers. More ammo, a couple of guns and a knife. He grabbed them all.

"COME ON!" Alice screamed, "THEY'RE GETTING CLOSER!"

Flynn ran out of his room and pushed Alice forward.

"Get a move on then!"

"H-Hey! Don't touch me, you freak!" She wiped her eyes, in fear of breaking down again.

Ivy trudged out of the kitchen, carrying a few plastic bags. "W-Where are Jett and Rose?"

"I saw them leave earlier, didn't they?"

Alice groaned. "Come on!" She snapped. One of the zombies made it into the front yard, and that's when the rest followed.

"GO, GO, GO!" Flynn ran out onto the field first, accompanied by Alice and then Ivy. Alice flicked off the safety on her AK-47 and shot down the first flesh-eater.

She ran as fast as her legs could take her. The flesh-eaters blocked the driveway. Flynn cursed.

"Through that way!" He pointed at an abundance of trees and they fled towards that area, their eyes swivelling everywhere. Alice slung the AK-47 over her shoulder again.

They pressed on through the trees, darting to avoid bushes and sticks. Ivy looked over her shoulder. They were gaining speed.

"Oh, my...what on earth?" Ivy's eyes darted from one zombie to another. "They're just like the flesh-eaters back at that amusement park. They have talons!"

Flynn attempted at looking back, but Ivy hit his head. "Don't!" She hissed.

"Through here," Alice tore through a tangled mass of vines. "There! There's the fence."

"Oh, how ever so brilliant." Flynn snorted as they quickly climbed over the wire fence. They sped across the field as quick as they could, towards the hedges.

"Ivy, run faster!" Alice cried out. Flynn dragged Ivy along.

"I can't! Look! I'm carrying all this!" She heaved the plastic bags up to show her.

The flesh-eaters started climbing over the fence, causing Ivy, Flynn and Alice to panic.

"They can't do that, it isn't possible!" Alice bit her lip.

"Kat! It was Kat! She released them upon us!" Ivy cried out. "Quick! Get out, now!"

They catapulted themselves over the hedges and started across the road. Alice's eyes glazed over Slate's body, which came in and out of focus. She paused abruptly, making Ivy and Flynn slow down.

"Keep on going, you can do it." Flynn said, slapping her in the head a bit too hard. She kicked him in the lower back.

"He's right there. He's right there."

Flynn grabbed hold of Alice's hand and dragged her across the tarmac. She refused, wanting to keep her feet firmly rooted to the ground.

"Darn it, Alison!" He said, unlatching his hand from her own. She hugged herself and whispered 'Sorry.'

Rose called out from the car, which was a metre away from Flynn and Ivy. Flynn let go of Ivy's hand and quickly guided her towards the car. Rose helped her in and Flynn pelted towards Alice as the flesh-eaters closed in on them. He paused half a metre away from her and sighed.

"I'm probably going to be killed for this, but...uhh, Slate's just some random, stupid idiot that was meant to die anyway."

Alice's eyes latched onto Flynn. Flynn winced. "What did you just say?"

"DO I REALLY HAVE TO REPEAT MYSELF?! SLATE IS A STUPID-

Alice ran towards him at full speed and rammed him straight into the car. Ivy pulled him inside and Alice followed after.

"DON'T YOU DARE!" Alice screamed, attempting at punching him in the face but failing miserably. Rose leaned over and closed the door as the engine started.

"I WAS LYING!" Flynn screamed.

"I DONT CARE!"

"IT WAS A JOKE! SLATE WAS A KIND GUY YOU KNOW, HE SHOULDN'T HAVE DIED! HE WAS A GREAT- BEST FRIEND OF MINE AND I STILL CANT BELIEVE HE'S DEAD!"

"Stop it, please!" Ivy begged, but Alice ignored her. The car started to move forward.

"Uhh...well...I'm going to kill you." Flynn said boringly, making Jett laugh.

"That's very convincing, Flynn."

"I'm in a form of SPD. Stay quiet."

"You don't say that when you change into one of your many forms." Ivy murmured. Alice growled and shuffled back into her seat, fastening her seatbelt.

"Oh." Was all Flynn said. Alice growled.

"I can't believe that after all of this, you still act so childish. After his death. That's disgusting!"

"We lost three people. Do you care about Lani or Victoria? I don't think so. All you care about is Slate."

Alice looked out the window and rubbed her eyes. Lily kept crying, and it worsened at the fact Jett had mentioned her name.

"Calm down, Lily. It'll be okay." Rose brought Lily onto her lap.

"Sh-Shut-up. Of course I care about the others." She wiped her nose.

"It really seems that way." Flynn said under his breath.

"It's always me. I always end up in the drivers seat." Jett groaned.

"Well then, I'll drive."

"No, don't worry, Flynn." Jett sighed. "Where to now?"

~*~

"Our only chance of survival is to infiltrate that amusement park." Jett addressed to everyone.

"Do you know how many times we've been there?"

"I've lost count, Ivy." Alice murmured.

"Hmmm...I actually think we've been there twice."

"No, three times for us, I- Flynn cut himself off as Ivy glared at him.

"Three times?" Jett frowned, keeping his gaze settled on the road that was never-ending. He didn't know where they were; this area was foreign to him.

"Oh, uhh...we went there once, all of us, Slate, Ivy, Sie-

Ivy hissed. "Shut up, I know it's not your SPD this time! Don't reveal anything to them!" She whispered the last part, hoping nobody else would hear, but it was clear enough for them to all latch onto.

"Reveal what?" Alice asked with a bored tone. Her head was pressed against the window, eyelids slowly drooping shut. She was making circles with her index finger on the glass.

"The weathers getting crazy over here. One minute it's hot, the next its freezing. Before you know it, it'll be 50°C with a chance of snow." Alice laughed.

"Yep! The weather sure is making us go crazy. Maybe it'll be snowing with a chance of...stop staring at me like that!"

"It's just funny how you attempt at covering everything up, you know, Ivy. Hahaha, I'm laughing. Who is Sienna, Ivy, Sla- Flynn?"

Flynn and Ivy cringed. "Uhh, don't worry about that Jett. All a part of the past, you know."

Jett attempted at mimicking Flynn, before saying, "Come on, Flynn."

"Change that attitude of yours, you're starting to become more like your sister!" Ivy snapped. All heads swivelled around to Alice, who unlatched her finger from the window.

"I'm ever so sorry, but what?"

"I-I-I didn't mean it in t-that way! I mean, your personality is great! It's great that Jett is-"

"THE WAY YOU ACT IS FAR WORSE THAN THE WAY I ACT! YOU SELFISH LITTLE..." Alice made odd gestures. "LITTLE PERSON!"

"Little person?" Flynn frowned.

"Shush! You have no heart whatsoever, Flynn!"

"Hey," Flynn began. "How does she know I have no heart?"

"What's the point of having me as your girlfriend then?"

Flynn was cut off by Jett's obnoxious laughter.

"You guys drive me insane, you know that?" He said, wiping his eyes. Flynn abruptly screamed at the top of his lungs, "TWINKLE TWINKLE LITTLE STAR, I'LL FRY YOU ON THE BARBECUE, LET'S BURN YOU UNDER THE STARS!"

"Flynn needs to take his pills! I forgot them back home! Oh no!" Ivy pulled at her cheeks in horror.

"How about no? The thing would go absolutely mental."

"Firstly, don't refer to him as 'thing'. Secondly, his pills help to calm him down. They reduce how many times he changes personalities and all, Alice."

"Whatever." She muttered.

"Where are we going?" Flynn asked, watching Lily swing her legs back and forth. He did the exact same. When he didn't reply, he asked him again. Jett sighed. "I'm not exactly sure. I'm trying to find the amusement park, because it-

"We were almost killed. Weren't you the one who screamed 'Escape'?" Alice spat out at Jett.

"Shut up Alice, you're not involved in this conversation. Go sulk in a corner."

"Oh, that's it you little-" Flynn shoved her against the back of the car. "Don't, that's enough. Cease contact, you two, just for now. You can clear things up later."

Jett and Alice growled. "He was the one who started it anyway. And since when did you become serious? No, wait, don't tell me."

"Oh, please." Jett flicked his wrist, which made Flynn burst out in laughter.

"That's enough." Rose looked between everyone. "We're going back to the amusement park for the final time. Get your weapons ready."

A/N: I swear there's something wrong with this chapter. Oh well.

Update: THIS CHAPTER

I DON'T LIKE IT.

Another update (heh): So.

My English teacher said I need to improve on my writing and that it's not brilliant. Is that...true?

It probably is true. I try. *cries*

-

A lot of people stopped reading after Slates death HAHHAHAS well I am quite evil. Trust me, they'll regret that 🌚 I have a very evil plan in future. And you all know how ever so evil I really am.

MWAHHAAHA

Don't forget how crazy I am too.

If you did enjoy this chapter, don't forgot to press that star thing, you know, and drop in a comment. If you didn't enjoy this chapter, then do the exact same ;D

Until the next chapter,

~Ali

Update: MY ENGLISH TEACHER DID THE EXACT SAME. LIKE SHIT BRO I TRY. I SWEAR IF THEY DO IT ONE MORE TIME I WILL SHOW THEM THIS STORY AND LAUGH IN THEIR FACE. YES.

Updated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 27.1K 121
"You lose everyone, that's just the way it is now. Get used to it." The new world, where blood and dirt stained your body like it was your favourite...
544K 12.5K 63
Mary is four, and running, running, running. Running from the monsters, the terror. Running for her life, in no real direction. Then she meets a man...
1.8K 75 16
This is my fan fiction of the walking dead and a crossover of the game and the show. After surviving a car crash, the world has changed: filled with...
511K 20.7K 30
Rain falls from the clouds and plummets down to the lands where it is then devoured by the earth. Rain is what helps the earth and its inhabitants th...