REPLAY. (Glee!)

By TrailToOregon

"Hey, Mr No-Name kid, so who might you be, and could you fight for me?" » "But I still loved you!" "You loved... More

REPLAY!
-S E A S O N 2-
i
ii
iii
iv
v
vi
vii
viii
x
xi
-S E A S O N 3-
xii
xiii
xiv
xv
xvi
xvii
xviii
xix
xx
xxi
xxii
xxiii
xxiv
-S E A S O N 4-
Hello again
xxv
naya
xxvi
xxvii
xxviii

ix

4.6K 104 69
By TrailToOregon

"Alright guys-" will wrote the dreaded word on the whiteboard, "prom!"

Sam sighed, "please don't tell me we're doing songs about prom"

He was anxious about prom because he didn't have a date, and he couldn't afford a ticket; due to his family being forced from his home into a motel room.

Will shook his head, "nope, we are the prom. Figgins has asked us to preform."

"Oh boy" I mumbled, "it'll be a repeat of Christmas carolling"

Rachel smiled, "let's do run Joey run!"

We all glared at her and she shyed back into her chair, knowing the all too familiar song.

"Now I know this isn't ideal with nationals coming up, but we don't really have a choice. We could really use the money" Mr Schue shrugged, "But I know that prom is a right of passage. I want make sure all of you get to enjoy your dance too. So we're gonna stag the performances, so that each one of you gets a chance to dance with your date"

"Excuse me." Mercedes stood abruptly, leaving the room.

Will furrowed his eyebrows, "is she okay?"

"She doesn't have a date for prom" I coughed, "she even got mad at me when I was looking at prom dresses at the mall. I've never seen her so angry"

"So?" Brittany started, "I don't have a date- I'm just going to the dance. And then all of your dates are going to ignore you and come dance with me, so technically your dates are really my dates"

I wrapped my arm around mike's arm protectively, "he is mine, pierce. M-I-N-E"

"You would have a date if you didn't dump Artie" Mike mumbled at the cheerleader.

"He did call her stupid" Tina defended Brittany, "Although she had been cheating on him with Santana"

I frowned, "I still can't believe she outed Santana on a stupid web show"

"Hey!" Tina pouted, "me and Mercedes were the first guests on fondue for two"

*****

I twirled in the mirror and looked at my reflection- at my possible prom dress.

It was a short white dress with a sweetheart neckline, with a pink velvet skater skirt. It reached mid-thigh.

My brother sat outside of the make-do changing rooms, chatting away, "Ladies, I appreciate you welcoming me into the sacred inner sanctum that is prom gown dry run"

I snorted at Kurt's antics from behind the curtain, before deciding to step out into the open, "Kurt, not that I don't love the fact that you're helping us, but why are you here?"

"Because getting a thumbs up from him is like getting a thumbs up from Melissa Rivers" Tina answered, before gasping at my appearance, "holy crap! Lexi you look amazing!"

I spun and giggled, thanking the Asian girl before turning to my brother for his approval.

Kurt's eyes slowly scanned over me and narrowed.

He stood up from the leather couch and and slowly walked towards me, not saying anything.

"..Kurt?" I mumbled, looking him in the eye slowly, seeing his eyes glaze over with tears.

"You look so much like mom" he chuckled sadly, "it's unreal. I don't have any words- you look beautiful"

I wrapped my arms around the tall boy, bringing him in for a massive hug. Whenever Kurt mentioned mom, it always made me frustrated. I never knew mom like Kurt did as I was only young when she died; but I missed her, a lot.

Tina broke the silence, "Mike won't be able to keep his hands off you" she gushed, "screw that, he already can't"

Everyone turned as Lauren walked out from her own dressing room in a large, yellow dress with a white faux fur shall, "I look like a lemon meringue pie"

"I think you look delicious" Brittany shrugged.

"Oh Dios mío" I grit my teeth, "you look like a Disney princess"

"You're right" Lauren sighed.

"Don't despair, nobody bigger than a size 2 looks good in a prom dress" Kurt started, and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Okay, excluding my sister"

I grinned, and he continued, "those dresses are practically designed to make us look awkward- I think the colours wrong. Let's go Navy! It's chic and slimming"

"Duly noted" Lauren hummed in approval.

"Next!"

As Santana emerged in a red satin, off the shoulder dress, I pretended to faint, "Estoy muriendo! Bonita!"

"Devil in a red dress, perfect, and it's totally appropriate for your personality" my brother clapped, making Santana giggle, "I have no criticisms, go with god Satan- Santana!"

Kurt then stood up, "now if you excuse me ladies, I have to pool options for my own prom outfit"

"Wait, so you're going? Stag?" Santana judged him, "that's just tragic"

Kurt groaned, "Yes I'm going!" He turned to me, "But not alone, with Blaine"

"Yes!" I cheered, "god finally!"

"Congratulations" Brittany added.

Tina gushed, "That's amazing Kurt!"

Santana pulled Kurt to the side, "Ladies, if you'll excuse me. I have a private fashion question for Kurt"

I eyed her slowly as they walked across the room, and turned to Tina, "So..is Sam going to prom?"

"Yeah but 'on a budget'" she made quotation marks with her hands, "Mercedes and Rachel are taking him"

"Ah, cool"

Tina turned me and helped me to unzip my dress, "also apparently Jesse St James is coming"

"No way!" I turned and laughed, "Jackass is coming back!"

"With a brand new haircut" she replied.

*****

Prom night was magical, to say the least.

Me and Mike swayed to the music whilst trying to avoid slipping over stray confetti.

Mike snorted and pointed to rick the stick, "Why can none of these people dance?"

"Stop pointing!" I giggled, pushing his arm down, "I'm sorry Mr Trained Dancer, not everyone can be as good as us"

I stopped and chuckled as Mike tried to imitate him, "look, I'll try doing Finn and Rach-"

We both stopped and looked at eachother, "...isn't Jesse meant to be with Rachel?"

"he is" he gulped, "They're both right there"

"Oh boy." My eyes widened as Jackass suddenly shoved my brother.

I quickly ran forward as they began to shove each other and started to stand in between, "¡romperlo! Stop it!"

The pair rapidly pushed through me and I fell to the floor with a thump as the two warring pair were pulled apart by none other than Sue Sylvester, "Prom is over for you, Sugar Ray!"

She pointed to Finn, and then Jesse, "You too Marvellous Marvin! You're out, let's go!"

"Wait- but me and Finn are nominated for prom king-"

"Sucks for you, Sister!" Sue interrupted the despairing Quinn.

Mike quickly rushed to help me up as the two were escorted from the gym, "Never a dull day." I shook my head, "why does this crap always happen?!"

*****

"lexis! Hey!"

I stood by the punch bowl waiting for Mike as Blaine ran up to me, "it's our turn to sing"

"Really? I forgot!" I groaned internally and placed my cup down, "I'm so sorry"

I had completely forgotten that the day before, Blaine had asked if we could sing a duet together. He said that he had something to tell me, and my dumbass didn't think anything of it.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me through the hallway to backstage where  the mics and the costumes from past shows were placed.

"What song are we doin-" I flipped through my phone before placing it beside me on a stool.

"Actually Lexi, before we talk about that, I just wanted to do something" he slowly turned away from me.

"Blaine..what are you-"

He cut me off by placing his lips on mine passionately, before pulling away and walking towards the end of the stage.

I felt my lips in shock, "What the Hell? Blaine- You like my brother! I'm with Mike, That was insane!"

"I just wanted to do that, because I knew that I wouldn't be able to do it after this. So I'm sorry"

He grabbed a mic and walked on stage, and I slowly followed him, grabbing one of my own.

"Picture perfect memories
Scattered all around the floor" I started quietly, "Reaching for the phone 'cause, I can't fight it anymore"

"And I wonder if I ever cross your mind, For me it happens all the time" Kurt and Mike' eyes connected with mine from the audience and I turned away, I couldn't bare to look at them after what had just happened. And I could see Blaine couldn't either as he stared at the floor while he sang with me.

I grabbed his hand and sighed, "for me it happens all the time."

"It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now" He looked up at me and smiled sadly, he knew that it wouldn't happen. I loved Kurt too much to do that to him.

"Said I wouldn't call but I lost all control and I need you now"  we both harmonised and started to bop.

"And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now"

I walked around the stage and bopped up and down playfully, while Blaine sung his verse.

The music slowed down, as me and Blaine looked at each other sadly, "Guess I'd rather hurt than feel nothing at all"

"It's a quarter after one, I'm all alone and I need you now" we sung together, laughing and smiling like what had happened never existed.

"And I said I wouldn't call but I'm a little drunk and I need you now"

I ran up to Blaine and wrapped my arm round his shoulder, "And I don't know how I can do without, I just need you now"

"I just need you now"

*****

As our song ended, Principle Figgins took the mic from us, "will the candidates for kind and queen gather on stage?"

He cleared his throat as all the candidates- minus Finn, gathered onto the stage, "the votes are in. This is the moment you've all been waiting for; where we announce our prom king and prom queen. Drum roll please!"

"This year's Junior Prom King is...David Karofsky!" Figgins yelled into the microphone.

"Oh mighty king, lord and saviour" my voice dripped with sarcasm, making Mike snort quietly.

"I thought you were giving him a chance?" He raised his eyebrow at me.

I looked away like I was thinking, then chuckled at Mike again, "I was. Never said I wouldn't still be a dick to him."

Figgins crowned the boy, before passing him a sceptre which he thrusted into the air with excitement, "and now, your 2011 McKinley High Prom Queen.."

I saw Figgins' eyes screw up in confusion, "with a overwhelming number of write-in votes is..."

"Kurt Hummel!"

My head whipped around to see Kurt making a run for it. I nodded at Mike before running after him quickly.

"Kurt! Kurky, please!"

Blaine frowned as he ran after us down the school hallway, "Stop, Stop! Kurt! Please, just stop, cmon!"

Kurt turned to us, his face stained with tears, and he started to hyperventilate, "Don't you get how stupid we were? We had thought because no one was teasing us or beating us up, that no one cared. Like some progress had been made. But it's still the same"

"It's just a stupid joke!" Blaine shook his head.

"No it's not!" Kurt argued back, "All that hatred, and they were just afraid to say it out loud. So they did it by a secret ballot. I'm one big, anonymous, practical joke. I'm not going back in there, no way."

I placed both my hands on my brothers cheeks and looked him in the eye, "Kurt. You are better than everyone in that room. They can't touch you, or what you two have, because it's so pure. They're uneducated to how it feels to be different, but all three of us know. And all three of us are better than them."

Blaine placed a hand on his shoulder, "She's right, you know. So what are you gonna do?"

"I'm gonna go back in there, and get coronated. I'm gonna show them that it doesn't matter if they are yelling at me or whispering behind my back, they can't touch me. They can't touch us, or what we have"

*****

After prom, I returned home alone as Kurt had decided that he would sleep round Blaine's house for the night.

My dad and carol were out, leaving me alone. This had many advantages, one was that I could invite Mike to stay the night, and I didn't have to deal with Finn either as he was at Rachel's.

I ran upstairs to my room straight away. It wasn't big, not as big as Kurt's room anyway. It was painted a mint blue and had posters from my favourite bands slapped up against the wall. My bed was a small white single bed with a black and white striped cover.

I studied the My Chemical Romance poster on the wall before reaching into my draw and grabbing a pair of pyjamas. Throwing them on, I ran back downstairs into the kitchen to make myself some hot cocoa.

On the way, I came across a letter that had been left by the couch, I shouldn't read it. It's not mine, it says to Burt Hummel..so it's not my right..

I was about to walk away, but I changed my mind when seeing my name being used on one of the sentences.. maybe I do have the right to read it?

I picked up the piece of paper and settled on the couch. The handwriting was neat and easy to read, even though it looked as if written in a rush.

Dear Burt,

It's been 2 years since I sent my last letter and I need an answer. When are you going to stop pretending that Elizabeth was her mother and tell her the truth? I want to see her Burt.

I get that you love Alexis and you don't want to upset her but it's been almost 16 years. Her sixteenth birthday's soon and I want her to meet her brothers, Cisco and Dante.

You're her dad, and I know you'll tell her eventually, but if you don't..I will.

I want to meet my daughter Burt.

Sincerely,
Elouise Ramon

I placed the letter back onto the coffee table and wiped the tear that I felt running down my face.

Elizabeth Hummel..wasn't my real mom?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.1K 25
▐ 𝘭𝘶𝘤𝘬𝘺 𝘪'𝘮 𝘪𝘯 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘮𝘺 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘳𝘪𝘦𝘯𝘥. sam evans ✗ fem! oc glee ━━ seasons two completed, slow updates 𝘪𝘯 �...
26.4K 1.1K 200
Continuing on from my first glee oneshot book because it's full. Each chapter will be a different oneshot. The previous and next chapters are totally...
136K 1.3K 8
i never could've seen you coming, i think you're everything i've wanted? ( 𝘀𝗮𝗺 𝗲𝘃𝗮𝗻𝘀 ) ☽ [ glee ] [ season 2 ]
275K 5.2K 70