Under the autumn sky (✔️)

By CarolineSGil

[Completed] Liv Davis had a dream just like everyone else. When that dream came true at the age of fifteen, i... More

Note
-0- Through his eyes
Prologue
Run away bride (1)
Finally Home (2)
Stubborn Davis (3)
The things I never said (4)
Three Words (5)
Break on me (6)
Truth (7)
Under arrest (8)
Solidarity (9)
Memories (10)
Girl's night out (11)
The biggest lie (12)
Try to understand (13)
We're all liars (14)
Follow me (15)
They can and they will be (16)
Face to face (17)
Stevens (18)
Surprises (19)
I know so (20)
One last chance (21)
Revelations (22)
The difference between us (23)
Relate (24)
Changes (25)
Goodbye (26)
When the pieces fit (27)
Separate ways (28)
Epilogue
Funny Facts
Surprise!
New Title

One year later (29)

707 49 6
By CarolineSGil

One year later….

A sudden persistent knock on my door woke me from my sleep. I opened my eyes immediately and sat upright in bed. I looked at my nightstand where my phone was and took it out of routine. I saw the time, it was only eleven in the morning. My mind told me to go back to bed and ignore the knocks on my door. 

I have learned to listen to my gut and it was telling me to get comfy and enjoy the rest of the day alone. I wasn't feeling cheerful, not today, not in seven long months.

I felt my head thump with each knock giving me a sudden headache.  I was still affected by last night. More because of the drinks we had.

Last night was the premier of my last movie “The Intern", based on a best seller series.  We filmed the movie in less than six months and it already had fans all over the world. We went to the after party and things got out of control, not in the bad sense. I only had to leave early because Joe almost called his security. 

Marley and Miranda went with me and as always when we get together things never end well. They started to argue with my co worker Joe because he rejected an offer to being the male character in Dear Mr. Billionaire, another great story that a lot of actors were looking forward to be in.

I believe they were trying to find something to laugh at, later on in their lives. Maybe it helped Marley. She has been sad lately, but she doesn't want to talk about it. Her life has changed a lot the past year. I know there are things that are still eating her alive from her last relationship. I tried to reach to her by calling and inviting her over but she didn't open up. I let her be.

Miranda was getting better after the surgery, she tried chemotherapy and for now things were under control.

I looked at my phone again and with a disappointed sigh I saw my notifications. Twitter and Instagram had a lot. Only two of them really matter and neither of them had contacted me.

I haven't heard from Joshua since that night in Colorado. My heart ached every time I think about him and I pray to God he was doing fine.

There was another knock on the door but this time was more persistent.  It took me out of my train of thoughts and annoyed me enough to want to answer the door. I rolled on the bed like a little pig would in the mud and tried to fix my morning hair. It was long now and it felt more like me. My legs didn't respond fast due to my tiring night, also, it was now that I was feeling the intensity of this last year. I felt physically and emotionally tired.

The knock was there once again, making me lose my patience. 

“ Can you calm down? I'm up!” I yelled, putting a white shirt Blake left here months ago. It was long enough to cover my entire body. If only he saw me these days, he would have made me eat until I gained some weight.

I felt my heart break at the memories from eight months ago when he came over and cooked everyday just to make me eat well. I never stopped eating, but with too many things going on, I tend to forget to eat properly.

“ Can you get out faster? I have something to tell you. Something we've been waiting for." Will yelled from the other side, provoking me into making an annoyed face. His voice was messing with my head.

“Too much noise! It's too early!” I said, as soon as I opened the door and he walked in.

His eyes were fixed on me with a self satisfied smirk on his handsome face. He wasn't wearing a suit and the casual outfit looked better on him. His new girlfriend was making him a better and happy man.

He didn't say anything and just looked at me from head to toes. Before I could ask what was going on he hush me while pointing at his phone. Bethany followed him with a cup of coffee in her hand.

“Hey Liv" she greeted happily  “ I saw you last night and let me tell you that you looked stunning with that red dress." her voice was filled with excitement.  She loved the outfits for this movie and the books as well.

“Thank you! Trust me, protocol had nothing to do with it." I said with a smile, while walking towards the kitchen. I left Will talking about new events I had to go to.

My body needed coffee to face the day. Every time I put on the machine, the smell of fresh made coffee, made me travel to Colorado and the memories of those weeks over there, filled my heart with happiness and nostalgia.  

“Liv, you zoned out again." Bethany whispered, while getting close to me with a concerned smile.  She sat on the isle while looking at me.

“I'm sorry, I was thinking about last night”  I said, hiding my sadness. I have made myself a liar during the last seven months.

“You can't fool us Liv. You still think about him." It was Will who said it, he was leaning against the kitchen door frame with his phone on his hand.

“I do." I whispered. There wasn't any point in hiding it now. I took a sip of coffee as I saw him reach the refrigerator.

Blake. I haven't seen him in seven months and it looked like we were going to be like this for a while. I wasn't ready to leave California after so many years making up a life here and let's be honest, Blake wasn't a city guy. He would have been so miserable in California.  We talked almost everyday but it wasn't like before, we were both hiding the need we had for each other.

I wasn't going to ask him to make a sacrifice I wasn't willing to do myself.  After Ryan, I started to see things differently and it has been a long way to feel like trusting again.

I wanted him. I needed him. The more days we spent apart the more I craved him. In the simplest innocent way, like his kisses against my forehead,  the night talks or how it felt having his arms around my waist when he said how much he loved me. These thoughts were giving me these absent moments in which I live again and again our times together.  

“I have news that might cheer you up."  I heard Will’s voice in the distance. He sounded excited, it immediately stopped my soppy thoughts, and brought me back to reality.  

I shook my head slyly in an attempt to get rid of the memories about Blake.

“ What’s the news?” I asked, feeling curious. There weren't a lot of things that could make Will so excited.

He looked at Bethany with complicity and then back at me with a proud smile on his face.

“This morning you were nominated for the Oscar in the best actress category." he blurted out happily and it took me at least two seconds to digest what he said.

“ Oh my God! Will! Seriously? I'm...I'm Speechless!” I screamed. Then I jumped like a little girl when she gets told unicorn really exist.

I walked or more like ran towards Will and crushed him into a hug. I put all the love and respect I felt for the man in it. He made this possible, all the time he has invested in me. Also when he recommended me to work on a war drama last year before my trip to Colorado.

He held me tight in excitement and then Bethany joined us.

“This is amazing news! What should I do first?  Should I post a tweet and an Instagram post about it? I need to thank the academy and my fans for the nomination, right?” I asked, one question after the other of how excited I was.

I still had a huge smile on my face while I fired question after question, I felt like my heart would explode in my chest from excitement.

It felt good but I was missing something, and right there while I was trying to enjoy this moment I understood that the best part of me was in Colorado.  I realize some sacrifices are worth being made if it was for him. I came to the realization that I wasn't willing to let him go.

Will started to call the publicity department to ask them to make the announcement. He said he was going to take care of the social media while I called my family. I nodded and still with a grin I looked for my phone in my room and called dad.

I waited for him to pick up, but he didn't. I tried a few times and it sent me to voicemail. I also tried to reach Delilah, but I couldn't find her either.  I was feeling nervous and worried at this coincidence, but rapidly shook those thoughts and decided to video call Miranda instead. 

I walked to my living room and sat on the big gray couch as I turned the tv. I dialed her number and waited for her image on the phone. 

“ Hey Liv" she said cheerfully, as soon as I saw her bright face full of life on the screen. Camille was  jumping non stop  behind her.

“Did you see the news?” I asked while waving my hand at Camille with a huge grin on my own lips.

“Oh yes we did! Congratulations, Liv. You deserve it!” Miranda said between laughs as Camille came in front of the camera, taking the phone out of her hand.

“I knew you will do it! We are planning something special for you" she said secretive. Miranda took the phone out of her hand so fast that I couldn't even say bye.

“Something special? Please don't plan anything big…” I Begged her. It was very suspicious what they were planning but I was used to their fun surprises. I was happy, but I was also feeling a bit heartbroken. I missed him so much. I know I know.  I just can't stop thinking about him.

“Liv, are you there?” Miranda asked worried as her eyebrows knitted into a frown. I got lost in my thoughts again.

“ Yes, I'm here! Just let me know what are you doing with time to see if I have to bail on Will on the big list of events he must have for me by now." I sent a kiss to Camille and said goodbye after Miranda told me she was going to let me know the exact date.

“ Liv, these are the statements for your twitter and Instagram" Will showed me his phone to read them. After a few seconds I agreed on posting them.

After making a toast with coffee we heard a knock on the door. My heart stopped for a second in surprise. I smiled at them and walked to the door. I had to make sure that I look decent enough to whoever was there. Only family and close friends could see this side of me.

I looked through peephole and my smile grew wider after seeing the tall figure outside accompanied by a small lovely one. Dad and Delilah. I twisted the handle and faced them.

“Hey Dad!” I screamed, excited as I hugged him.

“Liv, we miss you.”  he said low in my ear still hugging me.

“ Are you okay? This is the first time you come to California" 

“ We have good news and we couldn't wait to tell you in person" Delilah said with a sweet smile and a tint of blush on her cheeks.

“Come in! I also have news" I said inviting them to enter my apartment.

Will approached them and shook my dad's and delilah hand. They knew each other from four years ago thanks to my mother. Bethany just smiled and greeted them.

“ We’re heading out, Liv. I will call you later" he said politely. “ It was nice to see you, Mr. Davis"

“ okay" I said still with a smile and excited to hear the news.

Bethany walked by and hugged me before saying goodbye. After they closed the door I sat with them in the living room.

“ What are the news?” I asked impatiently.

Dad and Delilah looked at each and with such a lovely smile then they looked at me. I knew in my heart what was the news but I wanted to hear it from them.

“We're getting married" my dad told me with a a light of excitement in his eyes. Delilah was looking at me expectantly, waiting for my reaction.

“This is an amazing news!” I yelled and walked over to hug the both of them. I sat in between them.

Dad looked exactly the same but happier. Delilah looked young and radiant.

“What's your big news?” Delilah asked me with curiosity.

“ I was nominated for best actress! It's my first time!” I couldn't hide the excitement in my voice while they both looked at me.

“ I'm so proud of you. For which movie?” dad said, hugging me as Delilah squeezed my hand delighted.

“The irrelevant truth." I said proudly. I knew it was my best work since the tv show.

“ I knew it was promising when I saw it last year. Your emotions and feelings were perfect on the role of an american wife during the war." he continued, looking at me and for the first time with such a proud look on his face.

“ I had a feeling about it" I giggled trying to hide how emotionally exhausted I was.

“ We're leaving now. We just wanted to tell you the news in person" he stood up taking Delilahs hand in his, helping her to stand up.

“ Why are you leaving?  Where are you going?” I asked, disappointed on how fast they were leaving me.

“Now that he's finally here he wants to get to know the city" Delilah explained.

“I can show you around."  I suggested in hope they would agree. I was looking for a reason to leave the loneliness in my apartment .

“No, you stay here Liv. Rest.” my dad firmly but sweetly responded. He knew how hard it has been for me without Blake.

His sympathetic look told me he felt bad for me. I didn't doubt to ask the question.

“ How is he?”  I asked and both of them shared a common sad gaze.

“He's just like you. A living mess" Dad said, and extended his arms to pull me  into a hug.

“You need to find the way to each other again.” Delilah advice me with a small.smile.

I just nodded because any words that could leave my mouth at that moment would have no doubt left me crying.

They walked out the door and stood there with my hand on my chest trying to hold back the tears. I felt my stomach tied into a knot when I thought of him suffering for the distance as much as I was. 

This was it. I was done with suffering and feeling incomplete.  I was going back for what was mine since the day I was born. Blake is the only man for me.
I wiped the tears that were still falling down my cheeks and sent a quick text to Will. I let him know I was leaving California for a while. I didn't wait for his answer since somehow after everything he saw me went through, he knew why I wanted to go back.

I took a shower and got dress in less than twenty minutes. 

I opened my drawer and my closet and started to pack basic outfits. I folded everything and took my boots from my closet. I hurried up towards the bathroom to take my other supplies and as fast as I could I put everything in my suitcase.

After making sure everything was there I ran around the apartment to lock it. I left a note for the maid letting her know the house was going to be empty for a few weeks. I took my keys and headed to the front door to leave. I was leaving again, but this time I was completely sure my home and safe heaven was in Colorado. This time I had faith in me and our future.

Just like he said a year ago.

I opened the door to my new life but it made me stop in my tracks the face I saw when when I opened the door had me overwhelmed. Two things ran through my mind, one, my dad and Delilah and even Camille and Miranda  were in on this surprise and two,  the man I've been longing for was here. His tall sexy figure was in front of me, with his hand raised ready to knock the door the old style. He was wearing jeans and a white long sleeve shirt that gave him a devilish aura. His voice echoed in my poor little heart.

“  Liv" he said with his green piercing eyes burning mine with their intensity.

“What are you doing here?” I asked, surprised filled my voice, but something more came with those small words, relief.

“I told you I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice" he said looking down at my hand and seeing my suitcase. His eyes went back to mine and with just one step forward he took my waist in his arms.

“What mistake?”  I asked dumbfounded completely lost in his eyes and the strong manly scent he irradiated.

“Losing you" he whispered in my ear with such power and intensity. With confidence and trust. The words left his mouth as sweet and innocent as love.

I looked at him with happy tears rolling down my face as he cupped my face in hands. I was in a trance happiness finally feeling like we were both on the same page. The sacrifices were worth making when two people shared the love they had for each other like we did.

It didn't matter how hard life will get after this, how many arguments or fights we will have to get through. It didn't matter the laughs, the distance or even the nights watching each other sleep. The sleepless nights after having kids or the tiring routine of living in a small town like Colorado Springs.

One and only one thing really mattered to me at that moment when I felt his lips slowly covered mine with his, our love.

The love that would survive through anything, even Colorado.

The end

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 402 56
"Why do you always avoid my questions?" "I'm not, it's just that there's nothing to say. Who would ever want to date someone they can't even talk to...
295 25 16
"with two shitty jobs each, they finally made just enough to rent out a one bedroom apartment in a greasy town in the middle of nowhere. at twenty on...
50.4K 1.5K 31
After enduring years of abuse, Ali finally had enough. She packed everything she could and left her ex to start a new life with her four-year-old son...
4K 2K 17
✔2nd place in Romance/ChickLit in the Fruits of Love Awards 2018 - 2/08/2018 ✔2nd place in Chicklit in the Recognition Awards 2018 - 2/10/2018 ✔2nd p...