BOSS | NCT

Par luminous_zen

Book One of Neo City Trilogy HIGHEST RANKING #1 in AU #1 in DYSTOPIA #1 in APOCALYPSE #7 in FF A dying gir... Plus

BOSS
file no. xxx
ooo - prologue + playlist
oo1
oo2
oo3
oo4
oo5
oo6
oo7
oo8
oo9
010
o11
o12
o13
o14
o15
o16
o17
o18
o19
o20
o21
o22
o23
o24
o25
o26
o27
o28
o29
o30
o31
o32
o33
o34
o35
35.5
o36
o37
o38
o39
o40
o41
o42
o43
o44
o45
o46
o47
o48
o49
o50
o51
o52
o53
o54
o56
o57
o58
o58.5
o59 - finale
o60 - epilogue
acknowledgements
sequel

o55

16.9K 1.3K 1.6K
Par luminous_zen

This chapter is dedicated to my friend xxlyraxx as my belated birthday gift to her❤❤ I love you, Lyra<33

09:34:23

THE POND.

The pond was my favorite cite at the amusement park after experiencing at least fifteen types of nerve-cracking rides and attractions.

It suits me - calm and quite as a lake. What's more enjoyable in it was that we got to fish along with everyone for koi fish.

Since the shape of the pond was circular, each one of us formed a circle around it while sitting side by side. Proclaimed to be the greatest fisher amongst us all, Doyoung sat right beside me.

When he started to speak, I began to wonder if he came closer to me so everyone can hear him bragging. But his almost-library-full of knowledge was definitely worth bragging for.

"Have you guys heard of Dragon's Gate on Yellow River?" Doyoung asked, double-checking his fishing net to check if it has no defections.

"I only know Dragon Warrior," Donghyuck joked, legs crossed in front of him whilst eyeing for a good spot where the most colorful koi fish was settled.

Nobody laughed at his joke except for Mark. Assumingly, he's the only one who knew Donghyuck's reference.

Doyoung rolled his eyes skyward, letting a heavy sigh escape his lips. His raven hair suited the pitch black sky above us. "Lucas should know. This is a legend from your country."

"Sorry," Lucas said "Not too historic. Also, am not the studious type."

"Am I the only one with a good brain here?" Doyoung palmed his forehead. Then his eyes shot open like there's a realization that hit him that was about to doom him. "Oy, Taeyong, didn't mean to include you," he added, eyes widely opened.

"Uh-oh..." Chenle mumbled to himself, fixing his glance on the two men.

Taeyong didn't say a word. He just sat there, arms folded in front of his chest. Goodness, he's not even fishing. 'Fishes don't go near me, what's the point', that was his excuse a while ago.

"Yong," I told him from the other side of the pond. "Don't you want to try?" I smiled.

"I believe I made myself clear that I don't," he replied dryly.

"Please?" oh my god, what the hell am I telling this person to do? "Just hold the net or at least throw a bait in the water or something. You don't need to catch one."

He fixed his glance on me. Dang, I reject that I even tried to convince this man. However to everyone's surprise, he twitched his hood forward and said, "If you insist."

I smiled, watching Jaehyun bring his own fishing net for him.

"I can't believe this goddamnit scenery-"

"Hush, Mark Lee," Doyoung hissed, placing his finger on his mouth. Then he sighed again, "Anyway, let me continue my statement. Yellow river is a large waterfall. Many koi fishes would attempt to pass through the current, but only the strong and the brave were able to get to the final leap. It was said that if a carp was able to complete the journey through Dragon's Gate at the top of the falls, then it would transform into a powerful dragon."

"Umm, is this information supposed to benefit us?" Donghyuck cocked an eyebrow.

"As I said, it's a legend." Doyoung breathed. "And legends can be real and deceive themselves in a different form. I am telling you this because of the upcoming competition at the Capital."

"The search for the Champion," I mumbled to no one in particular.

Doyoung nodded. "And the hunt continues on."

"It's childish," Jaehyun murmured.

"Well..." Mark shrugged his shoulders "People want to be childish. Adults want to go back to their childhood. I mean, just look at our world! Look at us-"

Before anyone could further extend the conversation, Jeno pulled out his net from the water with a loud splash!

"Got it! I got it!" he announced loudly, watching the carp that he caught struggling around the net's constraints.

Oohs and whoahs exchanged everywhere.

Meanwhile, my mind was focused on the sight of Jeno. Also, Doyoung's words made my thoughts fly back to the hospital, to Sooji, and to Jaemin.

Nana . . .

As the carp continues to struggle, I was constantly reminded of Jaemin. I was mortified by the prospect of him becoming hopelessly trapped in someone else's story. If I keep the reality hidden, it won't change anything. Jaemin needs help. But I won't be there to do that, he needs somebody.

When everyone else was emerged and busy observing the fish that was successfully caught, I moved next to Jeno.

"Jeno," I called him softly.

He looked down at me, "Hey, Jeena. What's up?"

"I have something to tell you," I tugged the end of his sleeves with my fingers. "Can we move a bit further away?"

Looking clueless and confused at my request, he agreed anyway by nodding his head. Once we were seemingly out of earshot, I looked at him.

My brother's eyes were two, lucid chips of dazzling dark eyes. Despite being raised at an orphanage with no source of cosmetics and luxurious clothes, he's breathtakingly beautiful. I wonder why his parents abandoned such a kind and unique son like him. Jeno can do anything. He's one of the most understanding person in this universe. He accepted Jaemin's loss once. I hope he can swallow it back again, this harsh truth that I am about to reveal to him.

I explained everything to him as slowly and smoothly as possible. At first, he just remained silent. I can't tell what he's thinking, except for the fact that he seemed shocked judging by the behavior of the pupils in his eyes. They're trembling, like a dark sphere made of dust emerged in the middle of a still lake.

"Promise me you won't do anything that might harm you."

He didn't answer.

"Jaemin never left us... They took him away. Jeno, they took Jaemin away..."

He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out of it. This must be harder to him than it was for me. If we, the rest of his family at the orphanage, we are Jeno's universe, a member of the teeny tiny planets that are circling around with him, but Jaemin... Nana is his sun. His whole world revolved around him. Jaemin is his world, his everything. I can say that just by simply witnessing the way he looked at him. They may not be brothers by blood but their connection and bond are far more stronger than that.

I also told him about the president, the Neowaves, and Jaemin's part in it.

"Jeno," I said, almost sobbing. "I don't want him inside that net of politicians. Jaemin needs to be back... He needs to be home with all of you because that's where he truly belongs."

He said he understands. He said he can't believe it, but understands. He just stared at me, stared at the ground, sometimes his palm, then finally to our brothers.

"Jeena," he caught a breath, mouth quivering until he bit his lower lip to stop the involuntary action. "Thank you for telling me."

Just like that, he left to go back near the pond where the others were still fussing over who's going to catch the next carp.

He never spoke a word about it after that, not even to our brothers.

*

"THIS IS the 18th ride we've tried already," Mark said. "You're still going on for the next one?"

"Yes! Aren't you coming with us?" I asked.

"But will you be, um, okay? You're quite sick, aren't you?"

"Oh, I - " I blinked rapidly. "I can still go on."

"Mark," Doyoung interrupted. "Stop overreacting."

"Mark has a point," Jungwoo said. "Jeena and Lucas need to cool themselves down a bit. How about we take the ferris wheel?"

"Excellent idea," a new voice coming from behind added. "They say there's something romantic about riding the Ferris wheel, especially when it stops and you're feeling like you're on top of the world. And oh, remember to kiss your beloved when you're staring at the stars together."

"Ten..." Lucas sighed. "You arrived."

The man grinned widely. "Of course I did! I want to see both you and Jeena one last time. We're friends, afterall." He said while looking as immaculate as always, as if he's dressed up in preparation to lift a girl's chin and meet her lips. He has come to the wrong place.

"Where's Taeil?" I asked.

"Over there," he pointed at the area near the entrance of the ferris wheel. "They're getting ready to enter already. Hey!" he screamed loudly to grab their attention. "You guys, wait for us!"

Not only Taeil was here, but also Sicheng too. I wanted to ask him where Sooji is, but chose not to. Maybe she's doing her job right now.

"Alright, alright," Ten clapped his hands in the air. "Who wants to go first?"

"Oh, oh! Us! Us!" Jisung and Chenle replied in chorus, whilst raising their arms excitedly.

"Go on, kiddos!"

The older ones nudged them to enter, their eyes glimmering in curiosity and enthusiasm. When they were secured inside the box, the ferris wheel slowly rotated so the next cubicle was ready for the next persons to ride.

Jeno and Renjun went in; then Mark and Donghyuck followed after them.

"Lovers' turn," Ten grinned at us, pulling Lucas by his arms. Expectedly, they pulled towards the cube-like engine as well.

"Have fun!" Ten waved his hands playfully, with Jungwoo laughing right behind him.

*

"YOUR camera," Lucas said, taking something from the pocket of his green sweater. "I brought it."

"Thanks," I smiled, taking the gadget from his hands.

He smiled back, but something about it looked forced.

"So..." he's tapping his shoes "What did you and Jeno talk about?"

There was a short pause for a moment, my eyes glued to the scenery at the window.

"Lucas," I breathed "How much do you trust Sicheng's sister?"

He blinked. "Sooji?" I nodded, then he answered without hesitation. "As much as I trust Sicheng. Why?"

Holding my breath, I confessed everything to him. We had enough of secrets and lies and deceptions. Today, we can open ourselves to each other. I told him the same things I said to Jeno a while ago. He, too, was shocked as well just like the latter.

"Sooji's really unpredictable and reckless. She's smart. She's witty. And I think she's telling the truth to you."

"You do?"

"Yes," then he swallowed. "You know what, Sooji has been with us at your house. She was there with us, Nina. You may not be able to remember her or anyone else but us, the bosses. But honestly, there are many more kids there. How did you think the virus not only affected us, but also a number of people?"

"That's because we were not alone..."

Lucas nodded. "Right," he said. "And oh, I don't want to talk about this topic anymore."

"Sorry," was all I said, knowing what he meant.

Lucas observed my face carefully until the ferris wheel slightly tilted, breaking his focus. We watched the rest of our friends through the window, looking at them enter the next cabins. It was Taeil and Sicheng who partnered up. Then as the wheel turned upright, the passenger cars where Lucas and I were secluded keep on climbing and climbing upwards.

Then a movement occured, sending a twisting feeling at the bottom of my stomach.

Since he was sitting in front of me, mine and Lucas' knees touched. "Hey, love, we're going upwards. You gonna be okay?"

"Yeah. I just-" I gulped. "I am not just used to the motion."

He lifted at brow first, then chuckled. "You and I have been here once when we were kids."

"Seriously?" I blinked.

A nod. "Yeah," then he touched my hands, intertwining our fingers together. "You said the exact same words to me years ago."

"Who were we with?" I asked.

His throat bobbed, "My mom."

"Oh."

"She really liked you, Nina. A lot," his eyes explored my hair. "Especially your hair. She said she likes your hair."

"But they're curly and messy-"

"No, your hair is beautiful," he smiled. "You're beautiful."

The butterflies in my stomach increased, not just because of Lucas' compliment but also because the sporidaclly sinking feeling in my stomach as we get farther and farther away from the land. Also, I felt a bit of rolling and a couple occasional pops.

Lucas looked at me. And the smile in his face is as beautiful as the scenery behind him. The lights twinkled like little stars, like a cinematic view that felt so surreal and unreal. He's unreal. God, did I really capture this man's heart?

"I want to kiss you so bad," he muttered, the words winning me over like an unbreakable spell. "I want to feel you right now," he breathed and added, "I want you . . ."

We balanced, our feelings and emotions begging to be fed. My feet dangled, fingertips lying on top of his knuckles.

We're moonlight and above the carnival ground tonight. No eyes to watch us, no demons to down us, no darkness to consume us. It's only us, two young bodies up among the moon and stars.

He moved closer, hands roaming around the fragile skin on my bare shoulders. Caught in a glow, his handsome face looked so close and so near and bathed by the moonlight.

"Nina," he said. "Your cheeks are wet."

I know. I know.

Dear lord, why didn't I notice that I cried?

Sobbing and shattering all at once, I held his hands tighter than I've ever held it. "Lucas," I bit my lower lip. "I don't want to go..."

"It's okay." he hushed. "You're not leaving yet... It's okay," he leaned his face forward, lips grazing over my cheeks. He's kissing away my tears, kissing away my pain, kissing away everything that can be.

Lucas' cold lips moved lower, until our lips met. His mouth pressed against mine was like a sweet remedy, and when he hummed at my lips- oh god- it's like a perfect melody hanging in the mist of the atmosphere.

We paused in this sky of bliss.

Our cheeks are both wet because of tears - his and mine.

Evening and I will soon be leaving.
We're both leaving and even the stars know that.

Tonight, this dreamy and perfect night, the two of us are six feet under the stars. But sooner, we will be six feet under the ground.

An

Did you guys blink after seeing that picture? 😘😍😍It's so cute and adorable. This beautiful fanart of Lucas and Jeena is created my amazing and talented bae ryoppa

She's super dope and amazing- pls check her profile out! 😁😁❤ she's not only talented at drawing but also writing. Please teach me your ways, bae😭

Oh BTW thanks for the many, many song recommendations in the previous chapter. I listened to ALL of them. it's good to know that we all have diverse music tastes! And I had fun listening to the songs as well. I fell in love with each of them❤❤

Till next time! I think this story will end by Chapter 60☺ So stay tuned!

Aaah I can't believe I've reached it this far >·<

Love, Lumi💋

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

70.9K 2K 36
𝙋𝙍𝙀𝙑𝙄𝙀𝙒 Taeyong drops the metal bat, letting it hit the concrete floor with a dull thud. "Get this fucker out of my sight," he spits, "burn hi...
84.5K 3K 61
Disclaimer: *This story was heavily inspired by the video game called 'The Last of Us' and any similarities will be because of that. Most characters...
188K 6.5K 19
ˏˋ°•*⁀➷"ᴵᵗˢ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵃ ᵐᵃᵗʰ ᵖʳᵒᵇˡᵉᵐ, ʸᵒᵘ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ᵗᵒ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ᵈⁱᶠᶠⁱᶜᵘˡᵗ ˢᵒˡᵘᵗⁱᵒⁿˢ ᵗᵒ ˢᵒˡᵛᵉ ᵃ ˢⁱⁿᵍˡᵉ ᵖʳᵒᵇˡᵉᵐ. ᵀʰᵉ ᵒⁿˡʸ ˢᵒˡᵘᵗⁱᵒⁿ ʷᵉ ʰᵃᵛᵉ ⁿᵒʷ ⁱˢ, ᵗᵒ ˢᵘʳᵛⁱᵛᵉ" ╭┈◦•◦❥...
900 39 13
In which she felt like the world was empty. With no one to speak to, laugh with, fall in 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 with. A sensation of walking down a dark tunnel...