Laughing Jack X Reader

By Silverx721

(Y/N) is just an innocent girl who wanted to live a normal, carefree life. That's all she cares about, well... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 9

14.2K 510 1K
By Silverx721

~Narrator's P.O.V~

Laughing Jack had been watching (Y/N) since she woke up, making sure she was okay. Although he never understood why, he felt like helping the human, even going as far as healing her wound.

-It's just so I can kill her faster...- He told himself, ignoring the doubt that wanted to cloud his mind, -It's just the excitement, another show co-staring the same person-

That's what he continued to tell himself, refusing to think of any other reason in wanting to help her. He was also tired, in pain from the fight with that asshole Slenderman. His body was aching, slowly healing, and he hated Slenderman for being a similar being.

Only cosmic entities could harm him. And yet Slender walked away without a scratch, even though the clown had ripped through him countless times.

He pouted and crossed his arms, watching as the female answered the phone. He had been in a very foul mood lately, and he only had one clue why.

This girl's loneliness brought back terrible memories. Her home felt like a box, a similar box to his own, and it was just as suffocating, if not more.

"Okay okay, his name is Jack. And I never said I liked him."

The clown looked up at the mention of his name. He tilted his head as (Y/N) stopped herself from laughing, a tinge of pink on her cheeks. What did she mean she never said she liked him? Did her mother ask?

-Of course she likes me, I'm wonderful!- He giggled to himself, before he continued to listen. However the rest of the conversation went by with little words from the female. Now bored, the clown watched as the girl walked into the kitchen, rummaging through the cupboard.

She mumbled something about the police and wanting to starve.

-Maybe she's out of food?- The clown thought. Though not much good he can do. He frowned, before dropping some candies onto the floor. The girl noticed them straight away and walked over, scooping them into her arms.

Laughing Jack smiled to himself and walked into the kitchen. He watched her put them away, feeling a pang through his stomach. He growled to himself, shaking his head.

-This will be less confusing when she is dead...- He growled to himself, before focusing on the girl. Now visible to the naked eye, he reached for her.

(Y/N) turned at that moment and let out a scream, causing him to flinch. He watched as she grabbed a knife and sunk it into his stomach. To his surprise, a painful burn went through his stomach and he yelped, stumbling back.

He landed with a groan and held his head, which had struck the table. The world was spinning. He saw the human then jump over him, grabbing the knife and raising it above her head. Jack tried to get up, but the knife was stabbed into his chest, hitting another weak point.

He snarled and pushed her off, sending her into the wall. Shaking slightly, he used a clawed hand to pull the knife from his chest, now once again bleeding black ooze. (Y/N) was quick to jump to her feet again, holding her fists up.

But at the sight of the clown shaking, watching him drop the knife, she lowered her defence. He stumbled back slightly, before leaning against the table. Why was the room still spinning? He groaned and held his head, feeling a large bump.

The room was silent for a few moments, before the female's voice piped up.

"Are... Are you okay...?" The clown froze and looked up at her, the girl having a confused gaze on her face, "You're actually hurt..."

He frowned slightly, "And why do you care?"

She blinked, before rubbing her chin, "I have never really hurt you with a knife before. You never react to it."

He turned to stone as she grabbed his arm, trying to pull him up, "Come on, show me where you're hurt. I'll clean it up."

Jack didn't move, he stared at (Y/N), -Why is she trying to help me?-

The girl tugged on his arm again and he silently obliged, standing hunched over her in the small house. She held onto his stripped sleeve and pulled him past the staircase, into a small bathroom. With the oversized clown, it was a near tight fit.

She motioned for him to sit on the closed toilet, and he reluctantly did. The clown's silvery gaze took in the small, cream coloured room. It was dusty and clearly only used for storage of first aid things. A spider's web filled the bathtub, the spider sat centre, waiting patiently for it's next meal.

(Y/N) was now bent under the sink, looking for things she'd need to clean and bandage an inhumane being's wounds. Laughing Jack watched her, the frown still on his face as she bumped her head, rubbing it as she stood.

"Right. Uh... Where are you hurt?" She turned to him.

He shrugged, "A few different places. Why?"

"Anywhere below the waist?"

"Nope."

"Great." She sighed, putting the stuff down, "Just take your shirt and all that feathery stuff off then."

He blinked, before slowly taking his feathery shoulder-pads off, followed by the suspenders, and finally his shirt. (Y/N) set to work straight away, dabbing at the wounds with a damp cloth and wrapping a clean gauze around him.

It was silent as he cleaned him and wrapped him up. The clown wasn't sure what to do, so sat as still as possible, flinching when she cleaned his wounds. There was a thickness in the air, it was almost suffocating. Laughing Jack turned his gaze to the girl, watching her put the stuff away.

"Why did you help me?" He finally asked.

"Because you haven't killed me yet..." She mumbled, "And you've been helping me."

The clown was speechless, she had helped him because he had helped her? He didn't even mean for that to happen. He helped her to kill her, and yet she thought he wasn't going to.

But was he?

Yes. Of course he was going to kill her. What else was he going to do? But as he looked down at her, the doubt started to cloud his mind again. Would he kill her?

Or would he help her more?

"So... You live alone..." He stated slowly, watching as she washed her hands, "Why?"

"Because it is far better to be alone than to wish you were." She said simply, shrugging.

-So... She wants to be alone...?-

"But... Why?"

(Y/N) turned to him, "Why do you want to know?"

He stopped and shrugged. He wasn't too sure himself.

"Well, I'll happily tell you but first, put your shirt back on. I'm going to make a hot coco." She waved her hand and walked out of the bathroom.

The clown frowned, before quickly dressing himself again and happily walking out of the tiny bathroom, thankful to have more leg space. He strolled into the dining room and watched as the female poured her drink.

Looking over she offered a small smile and Jack realised how tense she was now that he was clearly feeling better. Did she still believe he would kill her? He held back a giggle at the small flash of fear in her eyes.

Yeah, she was still scared.

Although who wouldn't be?

"Do you drink anything? Or... Eat?" Laughing Jack snapped back to reality.

"What?"

"Do you eat or drink?"

"Uh..." The clown blinked, he never had eaten before, or had anything to drink for that matter. He had no need to, however he wasn't one to pass on a sweet treat. Lollipops and fairy-floss (cotton candy for you non-Australians) were his favourite.

The girl waited for a response, holding a second mug just in case. Jack merely shrugged and sat on the table with a large smile,

"Wouldn't hurt to try."

"Right..." She went back to making the drinks, before finally walking over, "Also I'm going to have to go out soon, those stupid cops haven't given me any fresh groceries for the past two weeks."

He nodded and took the drink from her, staring down into the milky brownness.

"It won't kill you, I don't think. Unless you're allergic to chocolate or milk."

"Me? Allergic to chocolate?" The clown let out a laugh, "You clearly don't remember who I am. I'm Laughing Jack, killer clown and lover of all sweet things!"

"Well, you're back to your annoying self then." (Y/N) took a sip from her coco, "Maybe you need sugar hits too... Then again I don't know if you eat that when I can't see you."

"I don't exactly eat." He stated matter-of-factly, "Just munch on sweets as I wish."

"I wish I could do that.."

"Yeah, you're missing out." He took a sip of the drink, "It's very strong, I like it."

"Well that makes two of us." She nodded, before taking a gulp.

It was silent for a while. The two sat and drank their warm drinks while the room slowly grew lighter. It was finally day time, and the clown was itching to go out and kill. All this focusing on the girl had distracted him, and he was starting to crave bloodshed.

"So... You wanted to know why I live alone...?" The girl asked, looking up at him.

He gave a curt nod, finishing his drink.

"Well... I love my mother, but she was, and still is a helicopter parent. I couldn't do anything without her down my throat..." She sighed and put the cup down, "She didn't want me to go, said I wasn't ready but I insisted, and just to spite her, I moved towns as well. That way she can't keep floating over me while I build my life."

Jack nodded silently.

"Yeah it is lonely, but I haven't been able to do much or make friends. I'm kind of glad the officers were bringing me food at one point, since I'm starting to finally run low on money... The only person I have in this town is George, the guy that works at the candy shop."

"He has very good taste." Jack giggled, "Candy is the best."

"Yeah, it is. But only because I need it to function..." The girl moved her (h/c) hair from her face, "I never realised it would be hard to make friends. But again, I guess it can't be helped. I haven't left my house for, well, ages."

"But you like being alone?"

"Yes. Being alone is amazing, you don't have to worry about anyone else, and you can focus on yourself. I love it, being alone helps me a lot."

The clown stared at her, frowning. How could she think like that? He had been left alone for years and he had hated it. He had wished it had been different, being left in a small box on a shelf, listening to fighting and then silence.

Finally seeing his friend again, but being forgotten, still alone on the shelf. And finally, the effect it had on him.

And this human thought loneliness was good?

"So, if everyone decided to leave you, you'd be happy?" He finally asked.

"Well, to a degree." She nodded, "Yeah, I need my peace now and then, and it's the only way I can get it. Why? Did someone leave you?"

He froze, gripping the mug tightly in his grip. Isaac. Isaac left him. Isaac abandoned him, left him on that shelf in that tiny box for over a decade.

"Laughing Jack?" The girl gave a concerned look, "Hey, are you-"

He disappeared, the cup shattering on the ground. (Y/N) jumped, blinking, shocked by the clown's reaction.

"Was it something I said...?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 111 35
Hi! So this is my first story, and I have already picked the name for the character, and her features! Hope you enjoy! and it will contain a lemon...
7K 161 20
(Y/N) has to take care of her little brother while their parents were gone for the weekend. But (Y/N)'s weekend is about to become strange as she met...
39.5K 878 32
Y/n was always considered different too everyone except their Nanna who dies unfortunately. However, Y/n meets the creepypasta's who are similar too...
82.3K 2.5K 29
Everyone has their limits and when we're pushed to the edge we break. (Y/n) has been through a lot and is only 16 years old. She has lived in the Sle...