Myth War | Book II

By Gamedays

●●●This is the Sequel to Myth High. You must read that first to understand this book.●●● 《■■■■》 "In a dar... More

Note
Cast List
Playlist
Part I
Prologue I
Prologue II
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Part II
Prologue III
Prologue IV
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Part III
Prologue V
Prologue VI
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Part IV
Prologue VII
Prologue VIII
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Part V
Prologue IX
Prologue X
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Five Fact Thingy
Monster Hunter Society
Social
Important Message

Chapter XIII

35 0 0
By Gamedays

Chapter XIII

"A pessimist sees only the dark side of the clouds and mopes; a philosopher sees both sides and shrugs; an optimist doesn't see the clouds at all — he's walking on them,"

—Leonard Louis Levinson

When Caleb came in with three new people, I didn't know what to think.

For one thing, Fenrir was very interested in them, saying, and I quote, "this is definitely the work of the gods,". I don't know what he means, and I honestly don't want to know what he means.

If that makes sense.

Anyways, Megan and I were thoroughly confused. I could smell the power on them, they were all powerful. The chick had a very similar scent. I deducted that she and Mitchel were likely the same being, making her an angel. And yet she smelled different, more powerful. The two men, they smelled similar, very similar. Almost like they were brothers or something. I didn't know what they were, however. I had never smelled anything like them before.

But one of them smelled of death. That I was certain of.

I heard footsteps. I glanced behind me, seeing Andrea walk in with the rest of the Monster Hunters. Mitchel hurried towards his girlfriend, gently weaving his fingers into hers and pulling him closer to him.

How I wished I had that with Megan.

Megan looked at me. "Do you know these people?" She asked, glancing at the three.

"No," I answered, "I have no idea who these people are or why Caleb has let them inside."

The guy who smelled like death scoffed. "How strange...this place is more ornate than most of the palaces we used to live in."

The other man nodded. "Humans and other creatures sure have outdone themselves. You should see the Palace of Versailles."

"Where is it?"

"France. I'll have to take you sometime."

The woman smiled. "Hey. We're here to help you stop Lucifer."

I saw Mitchel, Andrea, Draco, Rayna, Salvin, and Megan's jaws drop. Great. Just great. Now they knew.

I had had my suspicions, but we didn't want to tell them this way and with only a few of them present. This is just great. Andrea cleared her throat.

"Who are you guys?" She asked, her brow furrowed.

"Well, I'm an archangel and these guys are titans."

"There are Mythological beings too?" Andrea shrieked.

"No, 'course not. Titans aren't mythology at all." The guy who smelled of death said, turning to her, annoyance clear on his face. "I thought you said they knew about this kind of stuff."

Mitchel stepped forward. "Even I didn't know about this. And why is an archangel down here? Especially you. I thought Micheal never let you come down."

"Oh, he doesn't. And we— all three of us, are here to stop Lucifer." The girl answered.

Did he just say archangel?

"We can do it ourselves," I muttered.

"No you can't,"

I glared at the other guy, the one who didn't smell of death. So they were Titans.

I didn't know much about mythology, but I recognized the term. I believe they came before the gods, like their uncles or whatever. Parents, maybe? Siblings? Husbands? Wives?

I really needed to read more. But then again, I was a flunky, so whatever.

Sighing, I rubbed my forehead. "I never expected to see another titan. They typically keep to themselves and don't do much." Fenrir muttered.

Another titan? What the hell did that mean?

I'd have to ask him later. I can't just start talking to him now.

"Wait, hold up— Lucifer has awoken?" Draco cut in, running a hand through his dark hair.

I watched the chick frown at him. "Who are you? Or rather, what are you?"

"Draco, and I'm a Daeva. What's it to you?" He hissed. Malice filled his eyes. Immediately alarm bells began ringing through my body.

"Tim..." Fenrir breathed, "be careful. I don't like this."

"Draco? Are you okay?" Rayna whispered, looking at her fellow Daeva.

Draco clenched his fists. "I will be once these guys leave. Don't you feel uneasy about them?" He asked, anger still clear in his voice.

"We shouldn't fight them, though!" Salvin said. I then realized he had a freaking bag of popcorn in his hand. He'd been eating a lot more lately.

Draco cracked his knuckles. "Fighting is the only way to handle things like this." His voice came out in a low growl.

"Timothy, you need to sedate him." Fenrir hissed.

What?

"If you won't do anything then I'll have to take control. You better think of something. Now."

I looked around. Everyone in this room...if Fenrir were to take over...

Suddenly, the one lady pulled out a blade. "Stay back, Horseman." She hissed.

Fenrir howled in my mind, and immediately everything around me blurred. Suddenly, I wasn't in control of my body. I found myself surging forward. I walked right up behind Draco.

"Timothy, what—"

I ignored Andrea as I raised my fist and punched Draco in the back of his head. I watched him stiffen and then crumple to the ground.

"No!" I screamed. "Damn you, Fenrir!"

Fenrir said nothing. I could feel his joy, though. It rolled over me in waves. Pure joy. All because he knocked a guy out.

Fenrir then seceded control back to me. As soon as I was back in control, I crumpled.

He'd used up almost all of my strength just to knock Draco out. Why would he do that?

And with that last thought, I passed out.

****

Andrea sighed as she gently put the bag of ice onto Draco's head. It was already bruising, and she could see a bit of blood dried on his dark hair. Timothy has quite the punch, she thought, adjusting the bag to fit more evenly on his head.

She had never seen Timothy in action before, but from what had been described to her, he definitely fit the bill. He was fast, faster than anything she had ever seen. His skinnier form made him quick and gave him an easier time dodging. He was also strong. He had knocked Draco out in a single punch. But why did he pass out immediately after? That she didn't understand. Perhaps t was his wounds?

Andrea glanced over at Megan, who was hovering over Garroth as he re-bandaged said wounds. She kept asking him if he was okay, while Garroth just swatted her away every time she came too close.

It was clear Megan cared for him. The look in her eyes said it all. Whether or not it was romantic was the question. Andrea could tell Timothy was in love with her. He had told them all himself, anyways. Every time she saw him with her, he seemed happier, as if she was what he needed. The cure to his pain.

Andrea felt the same around Mitchel. Every time he gently brushed his fingers over her skin, even if he was doing so distractedly, she couldn't help but feel this serene sense of peace, as if she had just fallen into a blissful sleep. Andrea knew Mitchel had no idea of the effect he had on her. But he clearly tried to calm her down.

Since getting him back, she had only had one nightmare, and that was the first night. They had slept in the same bed together, though they kept separate, as their relationship was still new, something neither of them was used to.

She had been dreaming of hell again. Stuck in the cage made of black iron surrounded by blood red forestry and black bricks. The heat was intense, even for a native Texan. She was being tortured verbally by the demons. Carmilla would heckle her, Gavin would press his flames close to her body, threatening to burn her, and Jacob sometimes grab her leg, and try to get her to—

Andrea had woken up screaming before he could do anything to her. Out of all of them, Jacob was the one she was the most scared of. Gavin was insane in his own right, but he never actually hurt her. Carmilla terrifies her almost as much as Jacob. The only one she wasn't scared of was Lexi.

Lexi has only sent one mean comment her way, and that was back before she knew of the supernatural or was even dating Jacob. Lexi was withdrawn from the others. It was clear she didn't want to be there. Andrea never figured out why she was there.

Anyways, when Andrea had awoken, Mitchel gently collected her into his arms and just laid there, holding onto her. Not tightly, but tight enough so she knew he was there and he wouldn't let her go unless she wanted to be. Andrea remembered calming down and eventually falling asleep in his arms.

They didn't sleep esperare anymore. She was either in his arms or he was gently wrapped up in hers. There was no other way they felt comfortable sleeping anymore.

Andrea sighed as she began to clean the blood off of Draco. She had no idea what was going on with him. Why was he so violent lately? Why was Rayna so sick, and Salvin so hungry? She had asked Salvin about it earlier, and he simply said he was famished all the time. He was never not hungry, so he ate all the time. Rayna had told her she had never really gotten sick in the past, but suddenly she was sick all the time. She carried a tissue box everywhere she went now. Andrea hadn't realized anything weird going on with her.

Except for that strange apparition in the hospital.

Andrea shuddered as she remembered the creature. It terrified her.

As Andrea thought of the events leading up to the two men being knocked out, she thought back to what the archangel and said. Frowning, she decided to talk to someone about it.

Andrea pulled out her phone. She quickly selected Aristide's number and called him. It run for only a few moments before Aristide picks up. "Hey Andrea, what's up?"

"I need to talk o you about something. And not at Estal's house."

"You're welcome at my place. My dad is home right now, but you know him so it won't be bad."

"Thank you. I'll be over in a bit."

"See you then."

Andrea hung up. She carefully got up and walked towards Garroth. "I'm going out. Can you either keep an eye on Draco as well or call someone else to?"

Garroth gave her a tired smile. It didn't quite reach his eyes. "Of course. Talk a breather, I know this has been intense for you."

"Thank you, Garroth."

"No problem, Andrea."

Andrea walked out and out of the house. She had to hurry.

****

Andrea looked up at Aristide's house. It was on the same street as her home, which was currently sitting abandoned.

It was an average suburbia house, with a dull red coloring and black accents. There were some intricately cut hedges, though. She saw one in the shape of a lightning bolt, another as a dog, and the last one as a bolt. How ironic.

Andrea walked up to the door and run the bell. The sound of thunder crashing was heard, and she almost jumped out of her skin.

The door opened. Standing there was Mr. Stein.

His hair was black, and was currently disheveled and frizzy. His eyes were a haunting yellow, reminding her of lightning. She saw stitches covering his arms and saw some running across his face. He wore a white lab coat with the sleeves rolled up. A strange black shirt with what looked like a lightning bolt on it was underneath the coat, and he wore some dark jeans. He also wore black converse high tops. Some goggles were atop his head. He looked more like a teenager than Aristide did.

"Hello, Andrea. Why are you here?" He asked, fidgeting with the goggles.

"I came to talk to Aristide."

"Ah. Well, come on in." Mr. Stein stepped aside, allowing her entrance.

Andrea stepped in. "He's up in his room. His is the one with the blue lightning bolt on it."

"Thank you, Mr. Stein."

As Andrea began to walk up the stairs, Mr. Stein called out to her again. She looked back, smiling. "Yes?"

"Have you changed? Something's off about you. I can't quite put my finger on it..." he mumbled, rubbing his chin.

Andrea frowned. "I don't know."

"I'm sure it's nothing."

And with that, he left, leaving Andrea scared and confused.

****

I hope you like this chapter!

What's up with the Daevas? And does Fenrir know? Also, why is Fenrir taking control of Timothy to take down Draco?

The next chapter shall reveal all.

I hope you enjoy it!

—Paige

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

242K 18.4K 39
- "He's gotta be strong." - With the prisons gone, the Fae's support goes with them. However, even though the Fae have returned to Faerie, the demons...
1.5M 42.6K 48
1st in hell as of June 23 2018 & July 2 2020 1st in demon as of August 24 2018 1st in forever as of June 12 2019 1st in fantasy-romance as of June 2...
19.1K 1.6K 50
Where do you go after everything falls apart? Do you retreat to the life you hated or stumble forward into the unknown? After the Clan crumbles benea...
31.8K 2.5K 36
Hate, knowledge, loyalty, and love - everything has a price, but the highest is power. What would you pay? » ✦ « Jordan wished there was more to lif...