The bad boy and me (MAJOR EDI...

By BookLuver2013

I'm Lindsay Bradford. I'm about to move from Chicago to Miami Florida. Leaving the only life I've ever known... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13{Unedited}
Chapter 14 {Unedited}
Authors Note
Chapter 15 {Unedited}
Chapter 16 {Unedited}
Chapter 17 {Unedited}
Authors note
Chapter 18 {Unedited}
Authors Note
Epilogue {Unedited}

Chapter 1

1.7K 36 2
By BookLuver2013

My Dad left when I was 4 and my mom became a drug addict. I'm now 17 and more or less paying for everything. Recently Mom decided it would be fun to move from our Chicago apartment to a condo overlooking the beach in Miami, Florida. The only reason we can even afford this is because of my Mom's stupid fiancé, Wade.

"Come on, honey! It'll be fun! You can make new friends and start over." Mom said too perky for my liking. Of course, I have to pretend like I give a shit, am perfect and can't do anything wrong.

"Alright, mom. I give up! I'll go leaving everything I know behind." I said dramatically.

"I knew you would come around!" She says with a huge smile. I return it but it's not a real smile.

"Let's finish packing then," I say trying to end the conversation.

We finish packing at about 5 p.m. I'm tired and don't feel like cooking. Mom hasn't been doing drugs as often. In fact, she's just having her first glass of alcohol of the day. Right, when I'm about to go to my room my soon to stepdad walks in.

"Hey, kiddo!" He says smiling at me. KIDDO REALLY?!?! But I just return the smile and wave. "Hey, honey!" He says to Mom.

"Hey, sweetie!" Mom replies.

"I'm going to go to my room to take a nap," I say and walk to my room.

When I get to my room I immediately change into my favorite faded blue jean shorts, that go to my fingertips, and put on my light gray camisole and dark gray loose over shirt that goes over my left shoulder, and my gray and orange converse. I then sneak out using the fire escape. Tonight I finally get to break up with my annoyingly nice, sweet, a little clingy, good boy boyfriend. He always has to know where I am, what I'm doing, who I'm with, what time I'm going to be home, so basically, like the dad, I never got to have.

"Hey," I say when I see Adam, my soon to be ex.

"Hey, babe! Is something wrong? You sound troubled." He says way too politely. Yet another person who thinks I'm a good girl.

"Actually something is wrong." I start. I'm going to enjoy this."Well as you know I'm moving to Florida in two days." I sigh and pretend to be sad. "Well, I think we should break up. And before you say anything just let me explain. You see long distance relationships never work out. And we'll be so far apart. It's not right for me to keep you from other girls. So it's best we end things." I say sounding sincere.

"Okay. If you think it's for the best." He sounds like he could cry.

"I do."

"Okay. Then this is goodbye."

"Yeah, it is."

"Goodbye Lindsay."

"Goodbye Adam," I say and walk away.

As soon as I turn the corner I smile and try not to laugh at how he clearly thought it would work out between us. I mean he didn't say anything like that but the look on his face was utter shock.

I go to my friend Jennifer's house. I tell her what happened and we both laughed our asses off. We talked about how we have to text every day. I decide I should go home, at least the home that was about to be just another apartment. When I get in my room I quickly change into my pj's and then the door opens.

"Lindsay, honey, are you hungry?" Mom asks.

"Yeah. What are we having?" I ask smiling cause I don't have to cook for once.

"Chinese."

"Great I'll be out in a minute," I say then she closes the door and leaves.

After dinner, I clean off the table and go watch tv. It's almost August, which means school starts soon. Great. I start Jr. year of High School trying to meet people and get used to how different everything will be. Woohoo. Even worst I don't know anything about Miami, I've never been to Florida before.

The next morning I wake up and make eggs, bacon, toast, and fresh orange juice. Mom and Wade come in and we all eat in awkward silence. I finish and clean up the dishes. We have been washing the same three plates glasses, and silverware for like a week now. The rest is packed up in a box along with the rest of our stuff. We go to Florida tomorrow, and I'm not happy about that. I just go to my room, text, read, and listen to 5 seconds of summer. Then eat lunch and repeat the process, doing the same after dinner. I go to sleep at about midnight.

I wake up at 9 in the morning and put any last minute things in boxes. We eat breakfast at a restaurant and go to the airport. It's a three-hour plane ride. Three hours till I reach hell.

When we get to the condo I see the beach and immediately want to go there with all my friends. The friends that aren't here. That thought alone makes me homesick. All of a sudden Mom comes into my new room which has an ocean view.

"How is it, honey? Do you like everything?"

"Yeah, it's great!" I lie.

"I'm so glad you like it! Lunch is ready if you're hungry."

"Okay," I say and leave the room with her.

After lunch, we clean off the table and I ask something I've been dying to since I saw the ocean.

"Can I go to the beach for a bit?" I ask expecting for them to say no. By them I mean Wade.

"Of course you can! I'm glad you want to go out so soon." Wade says surprising me. I can actually go somewhere!

"Thank you. I'll be home by midnight, I promise." I say and go change into my bikini.

When I get to the beach there are a lot of people. A few smile at me while most of the guys stare at me. But I'm not interested in them. I promised myself I would never fall in love. Love is what ruined Mom and my childhood. Love is what caused Dad to leave. He claims to have fallen in love with someone else? Yeah sure, and I'm a unicorn. I was little like I said before only 4. I don't remember my dad much but I know he left to be with some younger slut. He never called or visited like he promised. He just vanished with that slut. Mom lost it. She started drinking and crying every night.

I was just walking along the beach when this random guy runs into me.

"WATCH IT!" We both yell. Then we look up at the same time.

"Hey." He says looking me over with a smirk. He's dressed in ripped jeans, a black t-shirt, and black sunglasses.

"Hi," I say my face blank of emotion. He's defiantly not a good guy.

"I'm Erik Eason." He said still smirking at me.

"I'm Lindsay Bradford," I say smiling back.

"Well, Lindsay you're new here right?"

"Yeah. Is it that obvious?" I ask.

"Naw, not really. I've just never seen you before." He tells me.

"So I take it you know everyone," I say not impressed.

"You could say that."

"Well I'm going to go now," I say starting to walk away.

"Wait. Do you happen to live in Wade Bradley's house?" He asks like it's a normal question.

"Yeah, how did you know that?" I ask reluctantly.

"I saw you walk out." He says nonchalantly.

"Okay then. I'm going to go now." I say and start to leave again. Of course, he still stops me.

"Is he your step dad?"

"Who? Wade? He will be soon." I say annoyed by the thought.

"Oh! The good girl doesn't like her new daddy?" He says in a mock pout.

"You don't even know me!" I almost shout.

"Your just like every girl. Falls in love with a guy who says what she wants to hear sleeps with him, gets her heart broken, and then does the same thing with some other guy."

"I don't believe in love. Love just ruins people why would I ever want to feel something just to end up broken. It's stupid and so I don't believe it exists." I tell him.

"Sure you don't. You just want a guy who makes you feel good."

"I'm not like other girls you know. And I won't fall in love. Love isn't even real."

"I'll take that as a challenge."

"Whatever," I say and go to the water.

------------------*A\N

Let me know what you think! This is my second attempt to write a story. I'll try and update soon.

Comment

Vote

Fan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.6M 101K 21
A broken girl... Twenty years old and I'd finally had enough. I couldn't take anymore, so I packed up my things and disappeared, leaving behind my dr...
3.2K 202 33
Bree's POV Hi I'm Bree I'm 16 years old and basically my parents are ruining my summer. Why? my parents are making me go to the summer camp they met...
179K 2.6K 20
I was staying with my dad, because my stupid mom had to go to Paris with her friends for vacation knowing I start school this year. I would be stayin...
1.3K 116 44
I used to be normal. I was a 17 year old girl, with one more year left of high school. And everything used to be fine. But then they showed up. That'...