The Story Of Chandlyn

By Soulful_Soup99

The Story of Chandler Riggs and Katelyn Nacon's relationship, from first kisses to marriage to children and a... More

New Hair
Nowhere I'd Rather Be
It Wasn't Real, I'm Not Going Anywhere
First Kiss For Real
Even When You're Sick
Supporting The Other Team
Damn Bird
We'll Get Through This Together
Best Road Trip Ever
I Love You
Names
I Hate Fighting With You
Rainy Days
A Few Years From Now
Cheesy Is Great
Scary Movies And Sleepovers
As One Chapter Ends, Another One Begins
Our Place
We Were Just Sleeping
Instructions For What
Safety Dance
You're An Amazing Father
Thankful For You
A Day In The Life Of Beaky
In Pajamas and Christmas Hats
Quality Over Qauntity
They Still Were
We Won't Drift Apart
You Forgot To Lock The Door
See You Later Dad
A Little Less Nervous
More Than Friendship
You're My Brother
Yeah We're Dating Now
Cool Parents
An Unforgettable Mother's Day
Your Very Own Drawer
Over Thinker
The Beginning Of A Lifelong Friendship
Safety, Love and Happiness
Flowers And China Patterns
Love Note
I Won't Let You Fall
Happy Birthday Lightweight
Happy First Father's Day
Two Little Aliens
The Wisdom Of Chandlyn...And Beaky
What Makes It Even Better
I'm Gonna Love You
Try
A Typical Morning In The Riggs House
Sick Together
Titus And Dori
Broken Hearts Suck
Halloween Traditions
Beaky And The Bat

Worth It

320 8 3
By Soulful_Soup99

     Thanks To mvan899 for the request!

Date: March 2018

"Look I'm sorry that I can't come home this weekend," Chandler said over the phone, "Vincent booked us a gig last minute and I can't disappoint all the people that we'll be there."

"But you can disappoint me?" Katelyn asked bitterly as she laid on her bed at her parent's house.

She was staying with them over spring break and Chandler was supposed to come home this weekend so they could spend spring break together at least that had been the plan until he had called to cancel last minute because he had some Eclipse show to do in LA.

"Kate that's not fair, I want to be in Atlanta with you."

"Then what's stopping you?"

"I have a show to do, I now its last minute but I'll fly out Sunday and be there by Monday morning," Chandler said, growing somewhat annoyed.

"Ever since you moved to LA you've canceled plans last minute three times now, I'm glad your music career is going well but I miss you and I can't keep doing this with you," Katelyn sighed.

"You're the one who pushed me to go to LA and work with Haleigh and Vincent. I'm sorry I can't come home every damn weekend. My career is important to me."

"More important than our relationship?"

"No of course not...but my music is my life, it's the only thing I have right now," Chandler said and as soon as he said the last part, he regretted it, he basically had just put his foot in his mouth.

"It's the only thing?" Katelyn asked angrily, "What about your family or your friends and let's not forget our relationship," She snapped.

"Stop making something out of nothing...I meant that music is all I have right now when it comes to my career. I'm sorry my life isn't like yours's and I don't have everything figured out yet," His voice was raised indicating he was getting angry with Katelyn.

"I don't have everything figured out either, but at least I know what is important in my life," Katelyn said.

"So now my music isn't important, you said you liked my music."

"I do, honest Chan I do, but to me it's not as important as our relationship. Let me now when you decide what's more important," She said as she tried to blink back tears.

"It sounds like you're asking me to choose between our relationship and my music. I don't believe in ultimatums," He said.

"I'm not, I just think you need to figure out what's important and what you want to do with your life or at least get an idea."

"My Music is important and I'm trying to figure out to do with my life, I thought I could count on your support," He yelled and she pulled her ear away from the phone.

"I do support you! I do! But I feel like second place right now and I can't keep doing it. I can't keep doing long distance" Katelyn yelled back.

"If that's how you feel...then maybe we shouldn't be doing distance...maybe we shouldn't be doing anything," Chandler said, his voice cracked.

Before she could respond, he hung up.

She let out frustrating scream and then threw her head into her pillow and cried.

////

"I just...I can't believe we're over," Katelyn said to her mother and she handed her a mug off hot chocolate, "Thanks," she gave her mother a tiny smile.

It was almost three in the morning and Katelyn and Natalie were having a late night chat, something Katelyn desperately needed after her fight with Chandler

"From what you're telling me, it sounds like you two just had a very bad fight, did he actually say it was over?"

Katelyn sighed, "He said that maybe we shouldn't be doing distance or maybe not even be doing anything," Katelyn said as she sipped her hot chocolate, the sweetness of the marshmallows helping to hide the heat from the drink.

"So this all started when he cancelled the plans to come home this weekend?" Natalie asked

Katelyn nodded, "Yeah he had some show come up last minute and..."

"Did he apologize?"

"Yeah he did, several times and he said he was going to fly out Sunday afternoon and be here Monday morning," Katelyn said.

Come to think of it, Chandler had really been trying to make it back to Atlanta as soon as possible.

"So what's the problem?" Natalie asked.

Katelyn sighed, "I don't know I guess I hate not having him here all the time and long distance is a lot harder than I thought it would...he keeps cancelling our plans and it's like his music is more important than me," she looked at her mother, "Like of course I support him but still the fact that he said his music was the only thing he had, really hurt," Katelyn said.

"I'm sure it did and I doubt he meant it," Natalie said as she tried to reassure her daughter.

"Well regardless, he should now that I don't have my life completely figured out either."

"Did you ever think that maybe Chandler see's it that way?"

Katelyn gave her mother a confused look, "How so?"

"Well, he planned to take a year off of college to focus on acting and on the show and then he got fired and he spent months trying to find something to keep him occupied. I think Chandler may see that you have your life figured out because you're in school, you know what you want your career to be and T@gged got renewed for another season. He on the other hand doesn't really know what he wants to do with his life and he feels lost. His music is his way of experimenting," Natalie explained.

"I never thought of it like that," Katelyn sighed, "I guess I was being a bit selfish," she turned to her mother, "So what do I do?"

"I think you should call Chandler and talk things through, it might mean you guys have to keep doing the distance for a while and it might be hard, but the love that you two have, love like that is worth it," Natalie said and then yawned, "I'm going to bed, you coming?"

Katelyn shook her head, "No I think I'm going to stay up for a while-"

A knock at the front door cut her off.

"I'll get it," Natalie said and she went to open the door.

When she opened it, a smile formed on her face, "Katelyn it's for you."

Katelyn walked into the front hallway and stopped dead, she let out a tiny gasp.

Chandler was standing in the doorway, a duffel back in one hand and a tiny smile on his face.

She didn't say anything, slowly her feet carried her towards him and she threw herself into his arms, wrapping her arms around his neck.

As they remained in the comforting embrace they didn't notice Natalie sneaking up the stairs to bed.

Katelyn looked up at Chandler, "I'm sorry, I was selfish and I should never have given you that ultimatum. I love you and I support your music career...I just missed you and wanted you here."

"I'm sorry too, I haven't been fair to you," he sighed, "I'm lost right now...I'm really not sure what I want to do and I dove into my music because I needed a break for thinking about school, but I'm done with that."

"What do you mean?"

"I'm coming back to Atlanta, I'm coming home," he said, stroking her cheek.

"I don't want you to do this because of what I said because I can do the distance, I'll try and come to LA more," she said.

"It's not that...I love my music but not as much as I love you, but also I need to figure out what I want to do, I love my music but I don't want to do it as a profession and I missed Atlanta."

"What about your music?"

"I'll still do some shows here and there, but I'm putting my music on the backburner so I can be here and figure out what comes next, its worth it...our relationship is worth it."

He kissed her for the first time in a month and it felt so good, he had missed her so much, "I love you," he whispered.

"I love you too," she said, smiling at him, "Stay with me?"

"Definitely," was his reply and she took his hand and led him upstairs to her room.

////

"It feels like forever since I've fallen asleep being held by you," Katelyn let out a content sigh as she snuggled deeper into him.

"Its been to long...I've missed you," Chandler said and kissed her temple.

"Missed you too," she said as she drifted off to sleep.

She knew their love was worth it, their relationship was worth it and even today's big fight was worth it, because it strengthened their relationship and brought them closer together. They were worth it.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.9K 830 27
in which carl grimes is assigned his english project partners ©-gIowingeyes 2016
640K 22.5K 51
"I never said I hated you. I just- strongly dislike you." ➛ in which the colorless wrath of a boy, collides against the blackened mercy of 𝘩𝘦𝘳 [s...
149K 2.9K 35
imagines of carl grimes & chandler riggs. - under editing !! i wrote this when i was 11 :/ © 2015 | rainylust | all rights reserved.