Myth War | Book II

By Gamedays

●●●This is the Sequel to Myth High. You must read that first to understand this book.●●● 《■■■■》 "In a dar... More

Note
Cast List
Playlist
Part I
Prologue I
Prologue II
Chapter I
Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Part II
Prologue III
Prologue IV
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Part III
Prologue V
Prologue VI
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Part IV
Prologue VII
Prologue VIII
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Part V
Prologue IX
Prologue X
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Five Fact Thingy
Monster Hunter Society
Social
Important Message

Chapter X

48 0 0
By Gamedays

Chapter X

"The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success."

-Bruce Feirstein

The cool breeze made her shiver. It wasn't her fault that she was cold.

Well, it partially was. She didn't wear anything particularly warm today. She thought her pastel pink sleeveless sweater with cool gray scarf accent was adorable. She also wore some tight black skinny jeans and some knee high, light gray boots. Her dark hair was tied in two braided pigtails. She shivered once more, rubbing the goosebumps ever present on her arms.

"Faith, come on. Me and Coeus aren't going to keep waiting for you. You're the one that suggested introducing ourselves to them, anyway."

Crius was always getting on Faith's nerves. She hated it. He was always so cold and heartless. Part of her truly believed he deserved the punishment he got.

Or maybe that punishment changed him.

"Sorry, I'm just a bit cold!" She said, quickening her pace to catch up.

Crius rolled his eyes, adjusting his jacket. Faith stared at it. It must be extremely warm. It probably feels like a warm, cozy fire wrapped up all around you, all the heat contained within it. Oh, the luxury!

While Faith was busy imagining all the ways the jacket could warm her, she didn't notice Crius staring at her.

"What the hell are you doing, feather duster?"

Faith snapped out of her thoughts, turning to look up at him. "What did you just call me?"

"Feather duster. You've got wings, right?"

"Yes, but-!"

"So you're a feather duster."

"Crius, I swear to my father-"

"I don't swear to that god so that doesn't effect me, feather duster."

"You-! Ugh!"

Crius laughed at her misery. Faith scowled, crossing her arms. She looked away from him. Faith tried to keep the anger on her face, but she was quickly overcome by the cold. Faith shivered, wrapping her arms around herself. She felt her nose. It was akin to that of ice. She shivered again, rubbing her arms to try and warm herself up.

Suddenly, warmth wrapped around her. Faith quickly looked behind her to see Crius. His jacket was around her shoulders, and he stood there, trying to get it to stay on her. Faith blinked at him, unable to formulate any sentence. Crius looked at her, his stormy gray eyes burning into her light brown ones. Faith felt her face heating up. Was she blushing? Or perhaps, was her body finally warming up?

Faith shook those thoughts away, instead pulling her arms through the sleeves. She didn't shy away from the warmth. She looked back over at Crius, who was pulling his sleeves over his wrists. "Thank you, Crius."

The titan huffed, looking away from her. "You probably would never stop complaining, it was for my own sake, not yours."

Faith said nothing as she looked forward. Coeus was looking back at them, smirking. His brother scowled. "What the hell are you smiling at?" He ground out, pushing past him.

Coues chuckled once Faith came to his side. "He's quite the character, isn't he?"

Faith said nothing as he pushed ahead. She smiled.

She'd only complained once. Was that what he counted as too much?

Nonetheless, she still couldn't quell the beating heart within her chest.

****

Mitchel sighed as he attempted to pull the shirt over his head. It was an unsuccessful attempt. He had been in a coma for about a month, but that didn't mean he was completely helpless.

He was an angel. He would heal easily.

Why he went into a coma was confusing, though. No angel had ever fallen into a comatose state. They typically healed easily. Perhaps it was the specific blade, or nature of the wound?

He didn't know much about the demon who'd stabbed him. Xezal was his name. He'd have to do some research with Andrea about it.

Mitchel couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face as soon as he thought of her. He had to have been the luckiest guy in the world to score a girl like her.

Andrea and him had always been close. Even when they barely knew each other there was this sense of them just needing t be in contact with one another. Her touch comforted him whenever he put a hand on her shoulder, or rested his heads on hers. Her voice would flow over him, calming every single fiber of his being. Even when neither of them knew a thing about one another, they had always felt this intense need to protect one another.

Mitchel had no idea why, but perhaps it was because of what she was. A Daeva, half-angel, half-demon.

When Mitchel first met her parents, he immediately sensed something off about both her parents. Her mother had a faint angelic aura. The same auras fallen angels possessed.

Angels despised those who fell. Not only would they tear their wings out, they'd erase their memories of ever being an angel and steal away any power they had. Falling was difficult to do. It typically involved being involved with someone considered forsaken.

That didn't explain the demon part of Andrea, though. If one of her parents was a fallen angel, then how did she also have demon within her? It explained Caleb, but not Andrea.

Mitchel sighed. Maybe one day he'd find out. Hopefully soon.

Maybe Caleb would know something. He was a Monster Hunter, after all. That would mean that he'd potentially know about his little sister. He had to have known what she was.

Mitchel sighed, eventually pulling the shirt over his head. His muscles were still stiff. Moving around more would help.

He'd woken up two days ago. In that time, Andrea had spent almost the whole time with him, even sleeping on the bench in his room one night. He'd been able to see his other friends as well. The Monster Hunters, however, had not come to visit. He wondered if it was because they didn't like him, or rather, couldn't face him.

He stood up, wobbling slightly. It'd take some getting used to, but he would be able to move more easily soon. Mitchel grabbed the bag of stuff he had. Andrea was waiting for him. She said she would take him to where he was staying.

Apparently Estal had a cabin. Or, manor, rather. The Monster Hunters as well as the Daevas were staying there. Andrea had asked if he'd like to stay there with her. Apparently he had missed a lot, as she said there was some stuff to explain to him. Mitchel had, of course, agreed. As much as he cared for his father, he didn't feel like being around him. He knew he'd simply disagree with him and Andrea being together, especially knowing she had demon blood in her.

Mitchel carefully walked out into the hallway. He glanced to his right, seeing Andrea sitting on a chair. She was clutching the hem of her shirt, staring intently at the ground. Mitchel chuckled before walking towards her. "What are you thinking about?" He whispered.

Andrea jumped in her seat. She quickly looked at him, he eyes wide. "Mitchel! You scared me!"

Mitchel laughed as she quickly stood up. He leaned forward and gently pressed his lips against hers. "Sorry, I couldn't resist."

Andrea blushed, rubbing her arms. "Yeah, well, try to be more considerate next time."

"I'll do my best, squirt."

"Don't call me that, Mitchel!" Andrea exclaimed, her face turning red. Mitchel laughed, pulling her closer to him.

"I'll stop if you really want me to."

Andrea said nothing. Mitchel knew that she liked it, even if she would never admit to that. He chuckled again, kissing the top of her head. "So, shall we be off?"

She nodded, gently weaving her fingers between his. The pair walked off towards the exit of the hospital.

As soon as Mitchel stepped outside, the cold in the air hit him like a truck. It was freezing. Was it really December already? Mitchel glanced at his girlfriend. "What days is it?"

"December first." She responded, unlocking her car. Mitchel nodded as he pulled himself into the passenger seat.

Andrea slid into the driver's seat, putting the key into ignition. Mitchel looked out the window. The ground had no snow on it, but the air refused to warm. Such was the weather in Points Brooke. He knew soon that a thick layer of snow would blanket the town, covering everything. He'd grown up here, he knew what was going to happen.

Mitchel glanced at Andrea. She kept her eyes firmly planting on the road as she drove. "How far away is Estal's place?" He asked, studying her profile.

"About fifteen minutes. It's just outside the town."

He nodded. "Perfect for a secluded group, huh?"

"Estal volunteered it after we realized we needed places to stay. We have to find out something to do with the Daevas, as well as the Monster Hunters. But..."

"But what?"

"They won't leave." Andrea answered, tapping her fingers against the wheel. "I've asked Caleb why they won't leave yet, but he always tells me that they 'aren't sure we've finished what needed to be done'. Whatever that means."

Mitchel frowned, looking forward. "Perhaps something did happen, down in hell?"

Andrea frowned, her turn signal ticking as she waited to turn. "Maybe. I hope not, though. I'd rather not go back there."

"None of us want to. But, if we have to..."

"Then we have to." She finished, turning down towards the exit of the town.

Silence fell onto them. Mitchel sighed, looking out the window. Would they really go back? He knew everyone had suffered down there, some more than others. He had gone into a comatose state, Estal now had a permanent limp, even Aristide seemed hallow whenever it was brought up.

Mitchel had no idea how the Monster Hunters were holding up. He knew from the way Troy mentioned them staying at Estal's place that no one enjoyed their company. It was sad, almost. Mitchel hated Monster Hunters, especially since his step-mom was one. He understood why the others didn't like them, but this was their friends. They'd helped rescue Andrea. Caleb was Andrea's brother for God's sake! Mitchel could never hate them. He owed them, for saving her.

The town slowly began to disperse and get replaced by forest. Mitchel could see a bit of white interlaced within the leaves of the pines, but that was the only snow he'd seen. He sighed again. Today was a day of thought and slight gloom. He should be happy to get out of the hospital, but there was this sense of dread.

The Monster Hunters still being in town was certainly a sign that something was going on. And if they wouldn't tell anyone, then how would it get fixed?

They couldn't possibly be trying to do it all on their own, right?

Sure, their numbers were vast. Mitchel knew of the main headquarters, and there were at least four branches he knew of, but that didn't mean they were an invincible force.

They kept everything in secret, hardly ever letting any information out. Every single supernatural society did the same, though.

Very little was known about any specie's society. Mitchel knew that a good chunk of the angel society was kept secret from the rest of the world. They knew enough to not question them, but there were a lot of other layers that they had never given out to the rest of the world.

The car began to slow down. Mitchel blinked, looking forward. He stared up at the huge house in front of them. Andrea stopped the car outside of it. Mitchel saw a few other cars and trucks, but he didn't know who they belonged to. Andrea took the key out of ignition and got out of her car. Mitchel did the same, getting his bag out as well.

Mitchel followed her up towards the door. Andrea pulled a key out of her pocket and unlocked it. He followed her inside.

Mitchel looked around, drinking in the fanciful surroundings. As he did so, he suddenly heard footsteps. Mitchel looked towards them, only to see Timothy standing there. His dark hair was longer than he had last seen it, and there was this intense sadness deep within his eyes. However, he masked it well with a smile. Next to him was a girl he'd never seen before. Andrea smiled at them.

Timothy grinned. "Hey there, Mitch! 'Sup, man?"

"Hey there, Timothy. You doing okay?"

"Yeah, why?" Timothy asked, raising an eyebrow.

Mitchel frowned. He was hiding his sadness. But why? "No reason. Just a way of greeting you." He quickly said, brushing his thoughts away.

Best to interrogate him later, perhaps.

"So who's this?" He asked, looking at the girl next to him.

The girl grinned, puffing out her chest. "The names Megan! Nice to meet you!"

Mitchel grinned. "I'm Mitchel."

"Right! Andrea's boyfriend, right?"

"Yes." Mitchel said, gently looping his fingers into Andrea's. Andrea blushed, hiding behind her dark locks.

Megan smiled. "You're staying here too, right?"

Mitchel nodded. "I am."

Andrea squeezed his hand. "I'm going to go and get him settled. We'll be back down in a bit."

Mitchel followed as she led him up the stairs. As they walked up, he heard Megan speak. "They say they'll be back soon, but we all know that's a lie." She giggles at the end of her statement, while Timothy chuckled slightly.

Andrea stopped in front of a door. Mitchel stared at her, his chest tightening. "Is this my room?"

"It's our room." She whispered, opening the door.

Mitchel felt his face heat up. "Oh..."

"But if you want you're own room that's perfectly okay!" Andrea said, quickly turning to face him.

"N-no. This- this is okay. It's great, actually."

Andrea blinked. "What do you mean?"

Mitchel gently cupped her cheeks. "Thank you, Andrea. For everything. I don't know what I did to deserve someone like you in my life."

Andrea's face flushed red. She gently brought her hands up, putting her hands on his shoulders. "I should be saying that to you. You're way better than me. You're an angel, after all."

Michel pressed his forehead against hers. "And? Just because I have feathered wings doesn't mean I've never sinned."

Andrea sighed. "Just accept the compliment, Mitch."

"Alright, squirt."

"Mitchel!"

Mitchel laughed before pressing a kiss to her lips. Andrea sighed against his lips, gently pulling him into their room.

The door shut behind them.

****

So Mitchel is up and at it! He also has some very interesting thoughts. What do you think of the lens about Andrea? And to think- her mother, a fallen angel? Woah!

Also, what do you guys think of Faith and Crius? An archangel and titan, together? Hmm...

What'd you think of the chapter as a whole? Any ideas as to what is going to happen?

Also, ya'll ready for Part III? Not sure if the book will end at Part IV like the last one. All I know is that there are at least twelve more chapters, potentially more.

See you all in the next one!

-Paige

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325 29 8
Just like to add a little disclaimer. ⚠️Nothing in this is real of course. But even the myths of the 'devil' have been messed around. So please don'...
11.6K 312 49
****Mostly Uneditted **in the process of being rewritten behind the scenes. It will be completely different THIS PAGE IS ONLY TO BE INCLUDED UNDER T...
1.5M 42.6K 48
1st in hell as of June 23 2018 & July 2 2020 1st in demon as of August 24 2018 1st in forever as of June 12 2019 1st in fantasy-romance as of June 2...
1.5K 36 57
The title stands for myths and mythical creatures. NOT COMPLETELY ACCURATE! These story is for people who love to read fantasy and romance. Also I a...