Chasing December (#wattyaward...

By lalamusicisme

There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: As Cute As A Baby's Sneeze
Chapter 2: Serve You With a Side of Eggs
Chapter 3: Lysol; Incase I Have to Take Some Eyes Out
Chapter 4: We Can Make Our Own Later
Chapter 5: What Are You Doing Out So Late?
Chapter 6: I Drool Looking At You With Clothes On
Chapter 7: All Is Fair In Fighting, Except Weapons
Chapter 8: If You Want Me Just Ask
Chapter 9: Killed The 'He's A Heartthrob' Emotion
Chapter 11: It's Simple Arithmetic
Chapter 12: You Like Watching Me Sleep Or Something?
Chapter 13: Your Lips Are Dry
Chapter 14: Like In The Movies
Chapter 15: Accidents Cause People
Chapter 16: Ranger Toto
Chapter 17: Anatomy Has No Time Code
Chapter 18: Probably Give Me Rabies
Chapter 19: You Want To Touch It Then Be My Guest
Chapter 20: Not Stay Up While You Try To Seduce Me
Chapter 21: Leave A Girl Thirstier Than the Sahara
Chapter 22: A Bull That Sees Red
Chapter 23: Create A Nudist Colony
Chapter 24: Shirtless and Mouthwatering
Chapter 25: My Birthday Suit For Your Birthday
Chapter 26: I'm Not Getting Naked
Chapter 27: Where Do Babies Come From?
Chapter 28: You Were From Two Different Worlds
Chapter 29: Paths Along the Constellations
Chapter 30: Never Ending Game Of Tug-O-War
Chapter 31: Valentine's Day Love Child
Chapter 32: Either Come Closer Or Get Out
Chapter 33: V-Card for V-day And Your B-Day
Chapter 34: Pretty Sure You're Hot Now
Chapter 35: I'm the Bunny & I Hurt the Snake
Chapter 36: The Bad Guys Always Pay
Chapter 37: Like Such A Damsel
Chapter 38: I Got You December
Epilogue
Deleted Scenes/Drafts/Songs/Extras

Chapter 10: Curiosity Killed The Cat

95.5K 2.5K 730
By lalamusicisme

Chapter 10: Curiousity Killed The Cat or Do You On The Desk

Banner off to the side made by jaannaae! Thanks

Comment and Vote!!!! Please and thanks (P.S I love long comments)(I was typing this chapter, almost finished it, computer froze I had to turn it off and lost all of this. So I had to find the drive to rewrite this when I had no inspiration to. Thanks for all the people who encouraged me :)

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."-William Shakespeare

"If music be the food of love, play on."-William Shakespeare

December's Pov.

“We were arguing about the fact that I told him that I didn’t feel comfortable around him and he got angry and some other things that I don’t even care about.” Anna told us backing up off the wipe dusting herself and walking closer to Hunter and I. “I thought he was supposed to be an honesty lover. Guess he doesn’t like too much honesty.”

“I just pointed out the fact that she doesn’t know us and in order to think we’re up to something bad, she should at least have been around us longer than a few hours. The discomfort I understand, the judgment I’m not so keen on.” Tristan countered glaring at my friend.

Something tells me that there was more behind that conversation, but this was all they were going to tell us so we might as well leave it alone. Tristan’s look today was more of a carefree one. He was wearing a T-shirt that read ‘Leave it and me alone’ and a pair of gray Levi's with black converse. Well if that didn’t match perfectly.

“Tristan, that’s her opinion. Dude, just leave it.” Hunter sighed shaking his head at his best friend who seemed to cut people off at one situation with them. Tristan flipped his hair out of his face and narrowed.

Hunter just looked back at him blinking. Tristan sighed, “Whatever.” We went our separate ways after that.

Kristofferson has been trying to gain my attention in the halls but I’d slip out of sight before he could even blink or Hunter would be right by me. Hunter had no problem with Kris, but Kris had a problem with Hunter. Although I wasn’t necessarily afraid of ‘normal’ Hunter I knew he was capable of dangerous things. The whole school knew what he was capable, and although he was the jokey type, they knew not to go too far with anything.

“So, Cember I’m bored.” Hunter muttered in my ear during English, we were in the middle of Flowers for Algernon’s (the book) movie, which was called Charlie, because our teacher was gone for the day. It was made in like the sixties so the movie was super boring and sad.

“Hunter, just watch the movie.” I shushed, trying my hardest to keep my eyes open.

“You know it’s boring February, let’s ditch.” He dared and I was almost tempted to take him up on his offer.

“Class you have a worksheet. I almost forgot!” The sub told us absentmindedly and passed the sheet out.

“If this was you, I’d most definitely do you on the desk. But since this is work it’s not going to get done now.” He was always so nonchalant about these types of things and it always seemed to get to me.

“Hunter,” I whispered harshly, flustered by his words. I covered my face with my hand and hid behind my hair which earned a chuckle from him.

“That’s the reaction I was going for,” he smirked leaning back in his chair then turning his attention to the screen.

***

Hunter and I were walking towards his house; he decided that today would be the day that we ‘played’ on the trampoline. I don’t know why he was so adamant on me coming over to do that. I mean I played on a trampoline before; I had a childhood, just not a teenage life.

Things change. You either learn that or get left behind and it’s your choice. Life was leaving me behind and I needed to catch up. So that’s what I was doing. It wasn’t completely logic but it was good enough.

We were on the street over from mine so that we could be sure to avoid my Uncle. Hunter had his face to the sky watching the fluffy cotton clouds fly across the sky painting the afternoon. The sun beamed down on us, demanding us to enjoy the day. Because we were seniors we got out of class earlier than most high school students. He was walking backwards as usual, but I knew he wouldn’t fall or trip because he was too aware of his surroundings. His dark clothes consisted of a dark regular T-shirt with the Ralph Lauren horse in corner at the bottom and pair of black Levi’s and a pair of black Nikes.

This was the perfect time to ask him about what he thought about me when we were younger. I was curious because I never thought he would see me, I was always warned away. I wanted to know what he was thinking; it was always so unpredictable when it came to Hunter. I knew sex was a common thing on his mind, but I knew he thought everything over. I knew it wasn’t the only thing on his mind.

“So Hunter, what did you think of me when I was younger? How was I?” He smiled still not looking down at me.

“Curiosity killed that cat, April.” He replied continuing to walk and not make direct eye contact with me. His focus was still on the clouds as if he was at peace with them.

“And satisfaction brought it back.” I told him becoming impatient; this was going to bother me. I just needed to know. You don’t know how you were as a kid, well you know how you were but it was different to hear about it from someone that isn’t you. From the couple of months I’ve known Hunter he was the type to observe. I know there were other causes for his stealth, but that was one reason he was so good at it.

“Touché” he glanced down me with a small smile, “I can’t tell you everything all at once. Just give it some time.”

I was going to reply but we finally arrived at his house. There were two cars outside and it still had that homey aura about it. I don’t know why but Hunter’s home looked comforting from the outside. It looked like a place that you just wanted to go into and be at.

Once I looked at the fact that someone was home I froze up and stopped walking. Hunter continued until he saw that I was no longer behind him. Was I going to meet one of Hunter’s relatives? I was going to hyperventilate and pass out, I wasn’t ready. What if I wasn’t dressed good enough?

“Cember chill out. It’s just my mom and little sister.” He shrugged tugging me closer and closer to the darkly painted, maroon door. He was okay with me meeting his mom?

“You have a little sister?” I asked him confused, but then I realized something about myself. I was being selfish. I wanted to know the part of Hunter that everyone else was curious about, I didn’t seem to really authentically want to know him. I didn’t like that. If we were going to be friends then I was going to get to know both parts of Hunter.

“Yeah, she’s five” he answered then paused. He grabbed my wrist gently before speaking again “Uh, just a pre-warning. My sister is very hands-on with meeting people.” I just took that as she would climb people or something.

Hunter opened the door and walked in, I took a deep breath before entering. I was immediately comforted when I closed the door. The smell, the feel, the look; everything just screamed home. Hunter’s home was everything that my house wasn’t. My home felt empty, cold, unlived in; desolate. His home smelled like him, it smelled like cookies and laundry. It felt like those pillow forts when you were a kid, like you could be safe from anything there.

The home was similar to my house with the interior. Off to the right was the living room, to the left the staircase that led to the bedrooms and the kitchen was straight ahead.

I went to take my shoes off but Hunter gave me a look so I stood back up “We’re heading straight through to the back out to the trampoline, so there’s no need.” I nodded understand and took my attention somewhere else.

A little girl with dark brown pigtails tugging at a dolls head was in the living room on the floor, the Backyardigans playing on the television. Once she realized that someone was at the door she came bounding over and made a death grip on her brother’s leg.

“Hunt-uh,” she squealed.

Hunter’s smile brightened and lifted the small girl in his arms. I observed her for a second. She had the same hazel brown eyes as Hunter, so I assume it runs in the family. She obviously loved her brother by tthe way she was smiling.

“This is December” Hunter told the little girl. She had red ribbons tied around her ponytails and a cute little face.

 Her big bubbly eyes were wide observing. She looked at her brother and whispered in his ear, although she was terrible at whispering so I heard her. “Is she your girlfriend?”

Hunter shrugged with her in his arms causing her to rise up abruptly. She giggled and he replied “Sort of.” I glared at him, “Come on, she’s a kid; it doesn’t matter.”

“We’re n—” I was cut off by a small cheery voice of his sister; I still didn’t know her name.

“Hi Cember,” she smiled saying my name not even bothering with the ‘de’ part just like her brother.

“What’s your name?” I asked with a small smile tugging onto my face because of the content smile on Hunter’s.

“I’m Muse,” she smiled again this time wider showing that some of her teeth were missing.

I guess she decided that she liked me enough because she scrambled out of her brother’s arms and quickly into mine. She quickly focused in on my hair, I’m glad that it was straightened at the moment because if it were curly it would have frizzed at the slightest touch.

Hunter gestured with his head to follow him and we continued through heading towards the kitchen. The difference with his house was that there was a hallway before off to the left before you reached the kitchen. It had two doors which I assumed were their extra rooms. The extra rooms in my house were in the basement instead.

Next thing you know a woman with dark brown hair came out of a door with a basket on her hip. She glanced up once but that was it.

"Hunter didn’t I tell you to pick up your clothes off the ground." His mom scolded rifling through the basket. She took a quick glance up at me not long enough to tell what kind of girl I was but enough to tell I was a girl.

"If this is one of your whores then I advise you to take her somewhere else, besides your little sister is home. So is your brother,” she sighed rolling her eyes.

“Mom,” Hunter groaned and I stood there shocked and embarrassed at her words. “Mom she’s nowhere near a whore. She’s a nerd if anything. She hasn’t slept with me or anyone else.” He added a ‘yet’ in my ear and I elbowed him in the stomach.

 She finally looked up at me and I saw that she had the same hazel eyes that her kids had. They all must have gotten them from her. She looked like she was genuinely nice person, she looked very friendly.

“In that case, I’m Ruby this boy’s mom. And if you do decide to sleep with him make sure you use protection. Wouldn’t want such a smart girl having this idiot’s baby” she laughed and I even though I was embarrassed it was funny so I joined in with her.

“Mom seriously? Wait did you say Ryan was home? Fu-” he was cut off by my elbow jabbing into his rib “Cember what the hell was that for?” He asked glaring down at me and rubbing his sore spot.

I glared up at him “No cussing in front of your mom. That’s disrespectful” I reprimanded him. Muse was still in my arms pulling at my hair softly.

His mom walked into the kitchen and Hunter and I followed. He looked at me and then his mom “I have to take a leak. Sit here and I’ll be back.”

“Hunter, before you go take these clothes and put them in your room.” She shoved the basket to his stomach and he pouted before leaving the room.

His mom started to get the ingredients to make lasagna, moving around the kitchen gracefully. “Are you dating my son?” She asked a genuinely interested expression on her face. I could tell she was trying to come up with a name to match to my face.

I smiled softly, “I’m December, and no we’re just friends. I need a little excitement and he’s the person to bring it.”

“Hmm, I’ve heard him say things about you. Ya know he’s never brought a girl home to meet me before.” She affirmed mixing the sauce together for the first layer of the dish. “You seem good for him” she added nodding slightly.

Muse was still at my hair, she was sitting on the counter giving me big, sloppy, jumbo braids on one side of my head. I didn’t mind because she was just a little girl. She was just like her brother in that way. She was quiet and though she was a little girl, she observed a lot.

“Are you staying for dinner?” His mom asked. By now she had her apron on and her hair tied into a ponytail. She seemed so motherly, even more than my own mom. Don’t get me wrong, I love my mom. But Hunter’s mom just seemed like she was meant to be a parent.

Before I could get in a word edgewise Hunter interjected “Hell no!”

“Hunter,” I admonished, not liking his language once again. He then apologized to his mom.

“Sorry, mom. I—she—she has to be home in a little while. Save me some in the fridge, in case I come home back tonight.”

“What about Ry—” Hunter stopped her mid sentence with a look. Who was Ryan? Why didn’t he want me to meet him?

“I’ll handle him later.” He sighed, shaking his head. “Let’s go November.” Muse let go of my hair and waved goodbye, to which I returned.

***

Hunter pulled me onto the trampoline and we jumped regularly for a bit before he did a super jump causing me to fall over and land on my back on the trampoline. He continued to jump so I wasn’t able to get up from it. He and I both laughed loudly before I grabbed his legs bringing him down too.

He pulled me up, grabbing me close and did a spin twist in the air before landing back on the trampoline. Our laughs rang loudly throughout our quiet neighborhood, they were clear and happy; the sound of youth enjoying a warm day.

He settled down lying down next to me on the bouncy surface. I was doing what he was doing earlier; looking up at the sky. The clouds painted soft wisps of white across the once clear blue sky; the day bright and energetic. It was how I felt.

“So what did you assume of me when we ran into each other?” I questioned turning over on my side looking at the side of his face.

“I don’t assume things of people.” He murmured closing his eyes and breathing evenly.

“Everyone judges people when or before they meet them Hunter.”

“I don’t. I try not to judge people. Just like you don’t hate anyone, I don’t assume things about anyone. Too many people do those things to me, so I give people the benefit of the doubt. Not everyone is who they appear.” He avowed; he was sure about that. Tristan said somewhat the same thing earlier.

I realized another thing about myself today. I judged Hunter before I even knew him based on what I heard about him. But just because I came to terms with this fact it didn’t mean I was going to change like that and stop. I was human and I had my flaws. But as Hunter’s been telling me since I first agreed on our unorthodox friendship, within time I would see if he was as bad or not.

“Wouldn’t it be interesting to have sex on a trampoline?” Hunter suddenly chortled breaking the thought filled silence.

I looked at him with disbelief, “Hunter”. He merely opened one eye before bursting out laughing. I chuckled a little too.

“Hunter” His mom called from the patio doorway. “Come and get Muse for me. I have to run to the store really quick.” He hopped off and headed inside to get his little sister. I still had the braids from earlier. She was really an adorable little girl.

I spaced off for a couple of minutes not really thinking about anything in particular, just looking around.

Next thing I knew, Hunter did a run and jump landing on the trampoline hard, forcing me up from my laying position and causing me to fly off it unexpectedly. I landed on the grass with a thump and my whole body was in pain.

"Cember! Are you okay?" He yelled hopping off to come check on me. He leaned over me with a worried facial expression.

"A heads up, would've been better, Hunter." I groaned holding my head.

"Where does it hurt?" He asked pressing down on random parts of my body. First my arms, then my head, my elbow and my stomach, then his hands moved a little too low.

"Hey!" I yelled slapping his hands off my hips.

He just gave me a cheeky smile."What? You could've been injured right there." I rolled my eyes and he helped me up. I dusted myself off and glared at the boy in front of me, I looked around for the quiet little girl to find her laughing and drinking a Capri Sun on top of the trampoline.

I heard a car door close from in front of the house and Hunter’s head perked up. “Go,” he ordered his sister who jumped off the trampoline and ran into the house. Once she saw who was at the door we heard her happy scream “Ry!”

Hunter stiffened and pulled me roughly by the arm. I knew not to question him when he was being this serious. He pulled me to through a bush in his backyard. It was a bit itchy and hard to get through. I didn't worry about his sister because Ryan was there, all I knew was that it was his brother so she was okay there.

“Shit,” he hissed. “Wrong bush, this shit itches.” He scratched at his arm but kept pulling me along till we were back onto a sidewalk.

“Let’s get you home, September.” He emitted a breath of relief and I was just confused what was going on, and why I was itching.

She was given the world So much that she couldn't see and she needed someone to show her who she could be. You had your dreams, I had mine. You had your fears, I was fine. It showed me what I couldn't find, when two different worlds collide.-Demi Lovato, Two Worlds Collide

It's like you know where I'm going you follow me home but I never invite you inside I see what you're not showing. I've got you alone but The air is so still it's weird. It's much too quiet in here I want to disappear I'm hearing myself thinking too clear. It's too quiet in here Make it all go away Why can't we break this silence Finally Don't stop don't stop Telling me goodnight. Just promise you'll kiss me goodbye What's taking so long? Don't tell me you're not gonna try The tensions building in my mind I wanna scream and I know why.-Demi Lovato, Quiet

What do you think about Hunter's mom and home enviroment? How do you think Hunter feels about Ryan? What do you think about Muse? Was this a cute moment for Hunter and December? What's their ship name?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5M 84.1K 36
Tutoring the Bad Boy. ~~ He smirked. "Whoops! Look who has read 50 Shades of Grey. Trust me getting kinky is almost every guys dream. I knew you had...
240K 4.6K 47
"I love you" she says and kisses my jaw tenderly. "I love you too baby" I reply stroking her still damp hair. We were sat in a dirty McDonald's car p...
1.4M 37.1K 23
"Can't You just leave me alone and mind your own goddamn business ??" l snapped..... He just pins me to hits locker with both his hands on either sid...
16.6M 310K 26
He leaned in closer, if that was even possible, his spearmint breath fanning across my face. My breathing got caught in my throat as he lowered his m...