From Nerd to Jerk

By miss_terious

Brooke and Zac have been best friends since preschool. During senior year Brooke decides to transform the ner... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19 Pt. 1
Chapter 19 Pt. 2
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Bonus Chapter: Alternate Ending
Epilogue
Question & Answer

Chapter 25

88.1K 2.6K 1.2K
By miss_terious

WHEE its chapter 25 which is like 25 away from 50 chapters lol ok im probably not gonna have 50 chapters but uh ok .... Hope you guys like the chapter, but you probably will ;) Loved all of your comments from the last chapter. They were uh really interesting :P Do i get brownie points for uploading a little earlier than usual? no? ok... awks 

Vote and Comment :)

_____________________________________________________________________________

Recap

Brooke's POV

  I sighed, falling back into my pillows. I decided just to close my eyes while I think. It was nearly 2 'o clock, when I heard shuffling. I brushed it off and still lied there with my eyes closed.

Suddenly someone, who I assumed was Zac, started talking, "I don't know how to put this, but Brooke. . . I. . I like you."

  Out of pure shock, my eyes flickered open revealing a very surprised Zac.

"Sh*t," He cursed. "I-I thought you were asleep."

"I wasn't," I pointed out awkwardly.

"You should go to sleep, it's two in the morning," Zac said trying to change the subject.

"Or, we can talk, since no ones awake," I said stretching out the word 'or'.

He sighed, "Alright. Sorry for making this awkward for you. I know you don't like me, so you can sleep now. We can still be friends right?"

"I-I" I started.

  Chapter 25

Brooke's POV

 I started to speak, but my voice caught in my throat. He likes me? For how long? Do I still like him? Why would he like me? What about Adam? 

"I-I" I said trying to speak, but the thoughts in my head messed up my voice. "I used to like you,"

"What?!" Zac choked out, "Do you still like me? You can break up with Adam and..."

"No, I used to. Before I started dating Adam," I admitted, bushing slightly.

"Oh,"

"Is that why you keep telling me to stay away from Adam? Because you liked me?" I asked.

"Maybe, I don't know. You should still stay away from him," He said.

"Nah, I think I like him a little too much to stay away from him," I said grinning at the thought of Adam.

Zac's eyes darkened as he spoke, "That's what you said about Brandon, but look how that turned out."

"Adam's different," I said quietly.

"So, still friends," Zac asked putting out his pinky finger.

"Still friends," I said linking pinkies with him, but to me he still looked a little sad.

"Ok, go to sleep now," Zac said pushing me back onto my bed.

"Wait. . . Is that why you didn't want to sleep with me?" I asked, "Not in that way! But like sleeping, sleeping," 

I heard him chuckle, "Shh! I'm sleeping."

                                                                       -------------------------------

  I woke up and rolled over to the side of me bed to see Zac still snoring on the ground. Suddenly, the memories of last night came back, and I found myself blushing. After a few moments of thinking  whether it would be a good idea to wake up Zac, I jumped on top of him and started yelling at him.

"What?! What?!" He yelled.

"Nothing, I just wanted you to wake up," I shrugged. 

"Uh, so now what?" He said awkwardly as I realized I was straddling him. 

"Uh, sorry," I said, blushing, as I climbed off of him.

"Come on," He snickered, "Let's get breakfast."

We raced down the stairs to find my mom and dad sitting around the table finishing their bowls of cereal. "Good morning," I said cheerfully. They mumbled a small response as Zac and I poured ourselves each a bowl.

"We need to go now, so behave. And Zac you can stay as long as you like, but not too long, your mom will think you're dead," My mom said as my dad and she walked out the door.

    After we finished our cereal, the doorbell rang and I hopped up to see who was there, with Zac closely on my heels. I opened the door to see Adam with a bouquet of flowers, but before I could say anything he saw Zac.

"I was gonna ask you if you want to go out today, but it seems like you're busy," Adam said coldly. Jeez, what's his problem.

"No, she's not. I was just about to leave," Zac said, "Just let me get my stuff,"

"So, why is he here?" Adam asked, once Zac was out of the room. 

"Sleepover," I shrugged and paused, "Is someone jealous?" I teased.

"No," He pouted as Zac said a quick goodbye and hurried off.

"I think you are," I smirked as we walked inside.

He scoffed and brushed my comment aside, "Well, here. I don't know what kind of flowers you like, so I just got you roses," He said looking at the floor as he handed me the yellow flowers. "Sorry, they didn't have any more red ones, so I got yellow."

"Thank you," I blushed, "They're beautiful,"

"You're welcome, and go get ready, we need to go soon," He said.

"Where are we going?" I asked.

"Can't tell you. Go get ready," He said pointing to the stairs. 

"Why?" I whined, while pouting.

"Because it's a secret. Now are you gonna get dressed or do you want me to do it for you?" Adam asked raising an eyebrow, making me blush.

"Ok, I'm going," I frowned as I slowly walked up the stairs, just to bother him. I changed into a simple long sleeved shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. I grabbed my gray pea coat, slipped on my slouchy boots, and headed down the stairs to find Adam underneath my dogs.

"Uh, whatcha doin' ?" I asked innocently. 

"You're dogs are attacking me," Adam panted, "Can you get them off?"

"Nah, I think you can manage," I laughed as he pouted. A few minutes later, Adam was successfully  free from my dogs.

"Finally." Adam sighed, glaring at me. I tried to hide my giggles but they slipped out of my mouth and soon he joined me.

"Don't we have somewhere to be?" I asked, still laughing a bit.

"Oh yeah!" Adam said suddenly as he grabbed my hand and pulled me outside and into his car.

                                                               ---------------------------------------

"Are we there yet?" I asked.

"No,"

"Now are we there yet?" 

"No,"

"How much longer?"

"Brooke, it's only been twenty minutes," Adam sighed.

"Can you tell me where we're going now, then?" I asked batting my eyelashes at him.

"No," He frowned, trying to hide his grin. "Ok, now we're here." We were parked in front of a cute, little restaurant in L.A.  "Are you coming or are you just going to sit there and gawk?" 

"Oh, thanks," I squeak as I stepped out of the car door that Adam was holding. We walked in and stopped at the receptionist.

"Do you have a reservation?" The man asked, looking at us like we were just some troublesome teenagers.

"Yes, under Zimmern, please," Adam smiled politely. 

"Oh, here it is," The man said trying not to sound surprised, "Follow me,"

    We reached our table, which was next to a window. It was a surprisingly warm for February, and the sun was shining onto the table. "Here are your menus, the waitress will be back soon." We both mumbled a thank you and opened our menus.

"You didn't have to do this," I said, blushing.

"Yeah, but it's Valentine's Day. We guys are supposed to do stuff like this," Adam said giving me a genuine smile.

"It's Valentine's Day?" I asked, my eyes wide.

 "Yup," He rolled his eyes before giving me a smirk.

"Oh, well thanks for informing me this morning," I said frowning. 

"Sorry," Adam said running his hand through his hair, "I kinda forgot when I saw Zac."

"Are you going gay for my best friend?" I said letting out a mock gasp. 

"No! I meant that, uh. . . It shocked me, that he was there, at your house," Adam rambled, his cheeks a slight shade of pink.

"So you were jealous that he got to have a sleepover," I grinned innocently.

"No I wasn't," He insisted, and before I could keep teasing him, the waitress came. 

"Hi," She batted her eyelashes at Adam, "Welcome to Prim. What would like to order?"

"Uh, I'll have the chicken with the honey mustard glaze," Adam said looking a bit uncomfortable that the waitress was flirting with him. The girl smiled and flipped her hair at him, after she turned to glare at me, waiting me for me to tell her my order.

"And I'll have the grilled salmon and rice, thank you," I said giving her a fake smile. She rolled her eyes, flashed Adam a brilliant smile, and walked away.

"You look uncomfortable," I laughed giving him a cheesy grin.

"Is someone jealous?" Adam said in a sing-song voice.

I was about to respond, but then someone tapped on my shoulder. "Hey, I was wondering if I could get your number?" I turned around to see a smiling, blonde haired guy with bright blue eyes.

"Uh-" I started smiling back at him, but Adam cut me off.

"Excuse me, but don't you see that she's on a date?" He spat.

"Uh, sorry," He said, backing off, "It was just a dare from my sister." He pointed to a girl with the same blonde hair and blue eyes at a different table.

"Oh, uh sorry man," Adam said awkwardly. The guy nodded and walked back to his table, where his sister was grinning, eagerly waiting to hear the story.

"Well, I think someone's jealous," I teased.

"No," He grumbled. 

"Yes, you are," I grinned foolishly. 

"No," He pouted.

Before I could say anything else, the waitress came back with our food, "Here you go. If you need anything else just call." She winked at Adam and tossed a piece of paper onto his lap.

"Now that you have her number, can I get his?" I asked sarcastically, mentioning the guy.

"No," Adam frowned, "I don't want this anyway. I like someone else." He then flicked the paper on the ground and continued to eat his food.

"Oh," I breathed out, "Who do you like?"

"Can't tell you," He smirked as I frowned.

"If you like someone else, why don't you go after her?" I asked eating another bite.

"I don't think she likes me back. Plus, I'm dating you," Adam shrugged.

"Why wouldn't she like you? And you could just 'break up' with me, well I break up with you," I said, but I really hoped that he didn't say that it was a good idea, and that he would go after her.

"Yea, I don't know," He said. 

      We finished eating and Adam wanted to take me somewhere else, so I agreed. He drove for a while and then we parked, "Uh we're gonna need to walk from here."

"Where are we going?" I asked holding onto his arm.

"Hollywood sign," He said. 

      Soon we were sitting on the second L in the Hollywood sign, watching the city below. "It's really pretty up here," I said.

"Yea, but it's prettier at night," Adam said taking my hand, and I could have sworn that my heart skipped a beat, "I would've taken you at night, but there's usually a lot of people."

"It's fine," I smiled, brushing a piece of hair aside.

"I have to ask you something," Adam started, "About the girl I like." He looked at me for permission and then he continued. "Well, I like her, and I don't know if she likes me back. I want to tell her, but I'm kind of. . . scared of what she'll say."

"Adam scared?" I giggled raising an eyebrow teasingly.

"Shut up," He frowned, "I'm trying to be all deep and stuff." But that comment just made me laugh more. 

"Ok, ok. I'll stop interrupting," I said trying to calm my giggles.

"Well, I also don't want to ruin the kind of friendship we have," Adam said as I thought of every girl he could possibly be friends with.

"Oh well, I think you should tell her. Zac told me he liked me," I said not realizing I said the last part. I think he should go after that lucky girl that he likes., because like they say, "If you love somebody, let them go. If they return, they were always yours. If they don't, they never were."

"What?! Zac likes you?" Adam asked, his eyes anger and sad.

"Uh, oops," I said, giving him a small smile.

"Does he really?" Adam insisted.

"Yea," I said quietly.

"When'd he tell you this?" Adam asked pestering me with questions.

"At like two A.M. He thought I was asleep and yea," I trailed off.

Adam muttered something, but all I heard was 'competition'. "Oh well, do you really think I should tell her?"

"Yea," I choked out. "So does that mean, we're 'breaking up'?"

"Yea," Adam shrugged, "So technically we're not fake dating anymore."

"Ok," I sighed. I don't think he's coming back.

"There's one more thing," Adam said looking at me.

"Yea?" I asked, hoping he won't hear the sadness in my voice.

"Will you be my girlfriend?" He asked, grinning like an idiot.

"What?" I asked, confused. Is he practicing to ask the girl he likes?

"Brooke, that girl, that I was talking about, the one I like. Is you," He said, "So, will you be my real girlfriend?"

"What?" I gasped, "I mean, yes." 

      He smiled and leaned in closing the gap between us. It wasn't like our usual kisses when we were only fake dating, this one was different. It started off slow, and then developed into something else.

Halfway through the kiss, someone interrupted, "Hey! What are you kids doing up here?"

"Oh, sorry sir we were just-" Adam started.

"Just inspecting each others lips for defects?" The man frowned, "Get on outta here before I call the cops."

"Alright sir," Adam said as he took my hand and we ran back down to the ground.

____________________________________________________________________________

AHHHHH! lol ok so for all the Adam and Brooke fans here ya go :D

Soooooo..... did you like the chapter?

What do you think about Adam and Brooke now officially dating?

What about all you people who are Team Zac? (but I don't think there are any, since I never seen any comments about Brooke and Zac except in the beginning)

Anyone wondering about Brandon still? *hint hint *

Do you guys actually read this? I doubt it..... :P Which means random sentence time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!                    

                                                  THE WALRUS SINGS AT MIDNIGHT!

Vote & Comment ... pretty please? with a cherry on top? :P

Miss_terious

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.8K 329 16
When Ava Grace and her family moves to Hawaii Ava needs to make new friends again. But when she gets to school she bumps into Zac, the most popular b...
263K 7.3K 29
|| Highest Rank - #40 in Teen Fiction (4-20-17) || [previously called The Bad Boys Nerd] [previously called Broken Love] {first story, so it's rough}...
304K 9.1K 34
Theania Ryans has a temper. She will knock the living daylights out of someone if she has to. But, in all honesty, she is a softy. She is also the...
5.8K 53 35
June's senior year in high school starts probably the worst way possible - her first boyfriend and supposedly love of her life cheats on her and dump...