When Mr Popular meets Abby Ha...

Oleh SangeethaGowda

Hunter Ryan is Mr Popular. High school is his empire, and he is the King. But what happens when Abby Hart mov... Lebih Banyak

Chapter One: Mr Popular
Chapter Two: Along came Abby
HI :)
Chapter Three: The Untold story
Chapter Four: Don't fall for him
Chapter Five: Not just another 'stupid' girl
Chapter Six: The Party
Chapter Seven: The truth about Abby Hart
Chapter Eight: It started with a chai latte
Chapter Ten: One for the history books
Chapter Eleven: The Science Project
Chapter Twelve: Date night
Chapter Thirteen: People can change
Chapter Fourteen: Take a chance
Chapter Fifteen: Head in the game
Chapter Sixteen: Seen in a different light
Chapter Seventeen: Don't judge a 'player' by his status
Chapter Eighteen: Coping
Chapter Nineteen: 'Stop being sarcastic'
Chapter Twenty: 'I have no idea'
Chapter Twenty-One: Stressletics Carnival
Chapter Twenty-Two: Tell me why
Chapter Twenty-Three: On his mind
Chapter Twenty-Four: La Elegancia
Chapter Twenty-Five: 'What the hell is he doing here?'
Chapter Twenty-Six: Dance with me
Chapter Twenty-Seven: 'He kissed me'
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Ever-present Memory
Chapter Twenty-Nine: You're different.
Chapter Thirty: Not so 'love' sick
Chapter Thirty-One: 'Are we seriously just gonna talk about girls right now?'
Chapter Thirty-Two: Head in the clouds
Chapter Thirty-Three: Forgive me
Chapter Thirty-Four: Awkward first date much?
Chapter Thirty-Five: It's moments like these
Chapter Thirty-Six: Chemistry will never cease to confuse
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Life's little pleasures
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Remember when
Chapter Thirty-Nine: 'irresistible to la femme'
Chapter Forty: Just be you
Chapter Forty-One: From days passed
Chapter Forty-Two: ReTreat yourself
Chapter Forty-Three: On the same wavelength
Chapter Forty-Four: Unexpected surprise
Chapter Forty-Five: The truth about Hunter Ryan
Update
Juvenile Delinquents: New World Order
Chapter Forty-Six: The beauty of not knowing
WMPMAH SOUNDTRACK
Final update.

Chapter Nine: Two can play at that game

3K 116 7
Oleh SangeethaGowda

-- dedicated to my fellow Vampire Diaries supporter :) --

Chapter Nine: Two can play at that game

I ignored all the stares coming from the guys in the direction I was headed as I walked confidently, with my head held high towards the drink fountain. In the corner of my eye I saw some of the guys stopping training and glancing in my direction. Hunter heard some of the others talking and looking towards me so he held the basketball in his hands still and turning around to watch me too.

After hearing a few whispers of 'Isn't that the chick that hangs out with Abby?' and 'She was at Dylan's party', I reached the drink fountain. I bent my head down (much more gracefully then the previous girl) and let the cool water fall into my mouth, then I stood up and turned in the direction of the guys on the court. I reached up and pulled out my hair tie then shook my high ponytail out slowly, from side to side, letting my hair cascade down my back and around my shoulders captivatingly. I heard a wolf whistle as I began walking back over to the cheer squad again, past the basetball team. As I approached them, one of Hunter's friends called out to me.

"Hey Naomi," smirked Eric.

I stopped walking and looked at Eric, ignoring Hunter who was standing beside him. "Hey," I smiled at Eric alluringly then I turned around, glancing at Hunter as I turned. Hunter wasn't smirking but rather looked like he was holding back from something, he even looked slightly... hurt. But I couldn't care less as I walked back to Abby. Why should I feel bad for Hunter? He had just done the exact same thing to me a few minutes ago and I was willing to prove to him that I didn't need him to feel good about myself. That I, Naomi Power was in control this time and didn't need someone like Hunter Ryan to tell me whether I was 'pretty' or not. And boy did it feel good to be the confident, care-free Naomi I was before Hunter all over again. I was back.

"You're cruel," smirked Abby after I sat down beside her.

"Maybe," I said turning to her.

"So are you going through with this then?" she asked curiously. "Because that was seriously impressive."

I smirked to myself before replying, "I'm not going to go out of my way to tease him but... I'm not going to let him think everything can go his way."

"Well it's certainly working," said Abby laying back on her elbows.

I turned towards the direction of Abby's eyes. Hunter passed a basketball to another member of his team before placing his hands on his hips and wiping his forehead with the back of his arm. Our eyes met and I simply smirked at him again before looking away.

"Okay girls let's go through the routine again!" called out Katia.

We all stood up and got in line.

Hunter and I didn't have any classes together other than science, so I didn't see him after cheer practise at all. All I know is Hunter didn't say anything to me after practise and a whole lot of his friends said 'hi' to me throughout the day. Not that I cared about all the attention I was slowly gaining - I knew they woudn't even care who I was if I wasn't hanging out with Abby. So there was therefore no way I was going to get all happy with butterflies in my stomach over anything. I was happy with my life before and I still am.

I walked out of school with Abby after the bell went signifying the end of school. Thank gosh.

"Sure you don't want a lift home?" asked Abby.

"No, I'll just catch the bus. Thanks anyway." I plugged my earphones into my phone.

"Alright, see you tomorrow for our science demonstration," said Abby raising her eyebrows.

I facepalmed myself. "Dammit I forgot about that. Do you guys have anything ready for it?"

"Uhm," thought Abby. "Unless not talking to each other, texting and doing nothing is a part of being ready then, no. Neither me or Hunter did anything to 'get ready' for the demonstration."

"Great I guess I'll be doing that tonight then."

"Don't take it too seriously. It's not like it counts towards our marks."

"True," I agreed. I saw my bus approaching in the distance, "Well I gotta go. See you tomorrow."

"See ya," smiled Abby. She left to go to her car and I put my earphones into my ears as I walked over to the bus stop where a bunch of other people from Jadeland were waiting. In my own little world listening to my music, I saw a few people look from me to something behind me. I vaguely heard my name but assumed I was just hearing things. Until some other people, mainly girls, also looked behind me before giving me a seriously bitchy look. Confused I turned around.

Hunter jogged up to me and I pulled out my earphones.

"I thought you were avoiding me again," he said after he had reached me, panting slightly and looking at my earphones.

"Yeah, well I wasn't," I said holding up my phone slightly. "And I already told you, I'm not avoiding you."

"Yeah, I know."

"So ah, unless you have anything to say I'm just going to catch my bus before it leaves," I said turning around.

Hunter stopped me, turning me gently towards him again, "Naomi, seriously you may not be avoiding me but something's definitely changed."

I sighed glancing back towards the direction of my bus. I looked up into Hunter's eyes for a moment, trying to figure out what his motives were right now. Truth is, I didn't really want to be with Hunter in that way, especially if I knew it wasn't going to last. He had already proved that earlier today when he flirted with that girl from the cheerleading squad right after speaking to me about how he 'liked me and everything'. I was stupid not to acknowledge it.

"What's changed exactly?" I asked him crossing my arms and looking up at him. "As far as I'm concerned, I found you annoying from the first time you sat beside me in science that day. You know how frustrated you make me."

"Yeah?" replied Hunter. "Well what about that weekend we studied together, and at the party? You can't tell me something didn't change between us then."

I shook my head, my arms still crossed and I frowned at the ground.

"...Did Abby talk to you about me?" he asked.

Yep. She sure did. So there is no way you can lie to me now.

"Did she?" he asked again.

I looked at him, "What does it matter - "

I heard the sound of a bus moving behind me. I quickly turned around and watched as the bus I was supposed to catch drove away, further and further into the distance, further and further away from me. Great.

"Great. Well there goes my one way home," I sighed, watching the bus.

"I can take you home."

I turned around, "Seriously? I think I'd rather walk - "

"Just let me take you home, okay?"

I stared at him, still not convinced, then replied. "Fine."

"It's that way," said Hunter gesturing his head to the way of the school carpark.

"Alright. " I walked towards it.

He walked beside me with his hands in his pockets.

I didn't talk to him at all and he didn't talk to me either.

We eventually reached the carpark (which wasn't that far thankfully) and then we reached his car. Okay, I knew Hunter drove a kick-ass car but I had never actually seen it suprisingly. Let's just say it certainly lived up to it's expectations. To more than it's expectations. This car defied it's expectations.

"Like it?" smirked Hunter.

"I... Yeah," I cleared my throat. "It definitely reflects you."

"It's a chevrolet camaro," said Hunter opening the passenger door for me.

"How do you afford something like this?" I asked getting in.

"My dad got it for my birthday this year," replied Hunter before closing the passenger door.

Of course his dad bought him a freaking chevrolet camaro for his birthday. Because that sort of thing happens to pretty much everyone, right?

Hunter got into the driver's side and closed the door. "So, where are we off to?" he asked, looking at me with his hands on the steering wheel.

I opened my mouth to speak before he cut me off.

"Oh right, I was there the weekend before last, wasn't I?" he smirked.

I smiled fakely at him before my eyes wandered to the girl coming towards the car and calling out Hunter's name.

Hunter looked up at the girl who was waving frantically and he swore under his breath before pressing the button to lower his window.

"Hunter," beamed the girl. "You said you wanted to go out with me again sometime soon." She looked in the window and upon seeing me in the passenger seat death stared me for a second.

"Geez," I muttered, staring out the front window and resting my head on my fist.

"Actually Kelsie - you said you wanted to go out with me sometime," replied Hunter. "I didn't agree to it."

"Really?" asked Kelsie before laughing as flirtatiously as she could (it really sounded like a high pitched bird though). "Well, I'm always up for it, if you wanna hang out sometime," she continued, ignoring my presence completely.

"Okay well I have to go Kelsie, see you round." Hunter wound up his window.

"See ya!" squealed the girl behind us as Hunter almost zoomed out of the carpark quickly.

I turned towards Hunter, facing him, "So, who was she?"

Hunter's eyes were focused on the road ahead. He cleared his throat, still not looking at me, "She was at Dylan's party."

Hunter had one hand on the car's gear stick and the other on the steering wheel.

"Did you guys... make out?" I asked confidently leaning closer towards him.

"Nothing happened Naomi."

I stared at him, "... Nothing?"

I could have sworn a tinge of pink became present on Hunter's face.

"Nothing. We just talked."

I traced my finger along the hand of Hunter's that was controlling the gear stick, "Was that... before or after you told me you... liked me?"

We came to a red light and Hunter removed his hand off of the gear stick, "Can you... stop that?"

I smirked, "Stop what?'"

"Whatever... you're doing," replied Hunter glancing at me briefly.

I smiled to myself and leaned back into my seat.

After a while Hunter spoke. "So, did you think about what I said?"

I sighed, "Why don't you just take out someone else, anyone else - I'm sure Kelsie's up for it."

"You're kidding, right?"

I didn't say anything.

"Look Naomi, you're honestly like a breath of fresh air compared to a lot of other girls," said Hunter pulling into my street.

"And?" I asked unconvinced, "What's to say you won't just go out with someone else after a while? You made that pretty clear at practice today when you flirted with that girl."

Hunter pulled up the car beside my house, "Me? What about you?"

I glanced out the window's of Hunter's black chevrolet camaro only to see my father standing outside the house, staring straight at us. Sugar Honey Iced Tea.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

416 55 16
"Dad, there are a few things that a teenage girl is supposed to hide from her parents. It's a rule. Read the rule book." I told him seriously. "Okay...
678 34 43
This story is about love, well it is a romance book after all. But it speaks truth and it shows that as fast as you can fantasize about someone that...
29.2K 1.8K 43
A compassionate nurse and a hardheaded playboy are locked in a battle of wills. Will she get through to him on time? When Kit Hart takes a job as a...
1.2M 39.5K 46
[ Highest Rank: #3 Teen Fiction ] [ Highest Rank: #25 Romance ] ❇❇❇ Life's hard when you live next door to the High School Bad Boy that used to be...