Underestimated Genius

Por Josiahyb825

Naruto: The dead last, idiot, loudmouth Right. WRONG!!!!!!! Naruto: Strong, Smart, Strategic, Sensitive, Cari... Más

Prologue
Ch 1) Enter Naruto Uzumaki
Ch 2) Team Seven
Ch 3) Pass or Fail? Naruto's hidden Ability
Ch 4) Dangerous Mission: Journey To The Land Of Waves
Ch 5) Ambushed On The Road To Wave
Ch 6) The Dark Foe's Plot Unveiled
Ch 7) Tree climbing and Getting Stronger
Ch 8) Return of the Mercenary and the Hunter-Nin
Ch 9) Battle on The Bridge
Ch 10) The Chunin Exams Begin
Ch 11) Chunin Exams: Stage 1
Ch 12) Orochimaru's Arrival
Ch 14) Chunin Exams: Preliminairies
Ch 15) Hospital Visit
Ch 16) Meeting The Sage Of Toads
Ch 17) Ino's Training Begins

Ch 13) Sasuke's Retaliation

11.4K 297 105
Por Josiahyb825

Orochimaru recoiled from the energy blasting out of Naruto. "Well, well, well. It seems to me, we have quite the enigma here," he says on the run from Naruto's super powered Kyuubi strikes. "Your body might work as a fine vessel as well." Once again he reached out his neck. This time he directed it towards Naruto. But when his mouth connected with Naruto's skin, he was burned by the heat of the Kyuubi's malevolent chakra.

"That's not going to work against me, asshole!!"

"You sure are a handful, young one." He retracted his neck, and jumped back from another round of Naruto's claws swiping at him. Not expecting much from the fight, he failed to notice the three clones of Naruto behind him.

One clone slashed him through the back, cutting him In half. The second clone then used, Wind style: Great Breakthrough on the top portion of the body, in an effort to separate the 2 parts as much as possible. The third clone vanished, and reappeared behind the top half of the body. Using a, Kyuubi chakra infused Kunai, he cut off the snake Sannin's head.

The clone's indulgences proved in vain, as the body exploded into hundreds of snakes that keeled off and died. While he was stuck in a state of confusion, Orochimaru appeared behind Naruto, and swatted him into a tree. As soon as his body collided with the tree, the blond vanished in a puff of smoke, revealing himself to also have been a clone.

Orochimaru, who could have sworn it was the real one, was beyond shocked. Man he needs to get rid of this brat. His wrist and ankles were suddenly wrapped in chains. He turned around so he could see the real Naruto, "Well that is a nifty trick, now isn't it?"

"Now I can put an end to you once and for all," Naruto says confidently, even though he feels that something is wrong. It shouldn't have been this easy. He knew the man's reputation.

"By the way, Boy! I can do that too."

Before Naruto knew it, there was a clone of Orochimaru behind him. The clone held him in place, with a weight seal that he placed on the boy's back. It also seemed to have disabled the chakra chains. Unable to stop him, the real Orochimaru spun Naruto around, so that he was facing him head on. He lifted up the boy's shirt, revealing the Kyuubi seal. The Snake master's finger tips began to glow with small purple flames. "Five pronged seal." He slammed his fingers into the creases of the pattern on the blond's stomach.

The powerful chakra surrounding Naruto began to recede. Once it was all concealed once more, Naruto fell forward on his face.

"There, now that that is over with." Orochimaru turns to walk away, pausing when he hears movement behind him.

"Not today, Snake-face!" Naruto gets up from the ground and releases the weight seal. "I don't need my Kyuubi chakra to deal with you!"

"My, my, aren't we confident," A smirk took Over the Sannin's face.

The blond removed the weights on his limbs. With seemingly unmatched speed, Naruto shot forward and unleashed a barrage of attacks on Orochimaru. He decided to use his monkey fist, due to its destructive power. Orochimaru was barely able to dodge or block even half of the assault. Without the creeps' knowledge, Naruto placed one of his Hiraishin seals on his stomach.

after a few dozens of punches and kicks that left the Snake sage severely bruised all over. To the point where he looked more bruise than human, Orochimaru was able to grab one of Naruto's arms, thanks to the young ninja slowing down slightly as he grew more fatigued. He used the arm he had captured to hurl Naruto into yet another tree.

After Naruto's body, connected with the bark, the blond slumped forward, face first, into the ground. Figuring he could use this moment to escape, Orochimaru took off and started running in the opposite direction, hopping through trees at surprising speed. Given how sore he was, it was a wonder how he could even move.

The man looked back to see if he was in the clear. Fear shot through his body, when he noticed that Naruto was no longer where he was before. Where did he go? No! h shouldn't worry about that, right now. he just needed to focus on getting away, before someone else shows up. Orochimaru's thoughts were interrupted, when a fist collided with his face out of nowhere, sending him spiraling backwards.

Thanks to the hiraishin seal he had placed on the man's stomach, Naruto was easily able to catch up with him. The genin creates another clone and sends it off towards his enemy. Once the clone is in close enough proximity, he expels it using his wind clone explosion jutsu, propelling Orochimaru back even further and harder, smashing him into a giant boulder.

The Jinchuriki was appalled when he saw what looked to be a clone of the man coming out of the unconscious one's mouth. "That is by far the most disturbing thing I have ever seen." Dashing over to the new Orochimaru, Naruto decided to pull out some bomb tags, and shuriken. He threw them in a way where they would curve and deflect off each other. Just like Itachi taught him, all those years ago. They came at Orochimaru from all sides, leaving no chance for escape, with the exception of jumping.

Orochimaru played into this tactic, having no other choice. He was once again sent back into the ground, from a kick to his head by Naruto. The explosions went off, filling the area with a massive cloud of smoke that made it impossible to see anything in front of him.

After about 30 seconds, the smoke began to diminish. Orochimaru was nowhere in sight. Naruto tried to teleport to his location, but his efforts were in vain. It seems Orochimaru was able to deactivate the seal somehow. "That was unexpected," the blond announces to no one in particular. He had to get back to Sasuke and Sakura. So he started slowly walking back to where they were. The fight with Orochimaru left him exhausted to the core.

With Sasuke and Sakura

What happened to Naruto! Why did that Idiot go after that guy? If Sasuke couldn't beat him, there's no way in hell Naruto could, Sakura thought, caring for the well being of her blond teammate, for once.

Sasuke was laying on Sakura's lap, unconscious from the strain the curse mark put on his system, oblivious to what was going on around him. This is the scene that Naruto found himself stumbling upon, when he finally returned to his team. His female teammate lifted up her head, and could see that her teammate was worn out. And was about to fall down. After a few more steps that were almost impossible for him, his own weight holding him down, Naruto collapsed about 15 ft. from where his teammates were positioned.

With Team 10

Team 10 had found themselves on a small hill that led down to team 7's location. They were about to reveal themselves, until they noticed the condition the group was in. Sasuke was moving, shaking erratically on Sakura's lap, who was struggling to just stay awake. Naruto looked the worst out of all of them. He was extremely worn out by the looks of things. All of them were confused, for lack of a better word. What happened to Naruto and his team to put them in this state? The trio was about to go up and confront Sakura about it, when the same group of Sound ninja from the first exam room showed up.

"Move aside, girl! Give Sasuke to us, and no harm will come to you or your friend," the boy with a hunch and wrappings over half of his body said to the pinkette.

"Why should I do that?!" Sakura was being hot headed. She remembers how easily Naruto defeated them. So they couldn't be that tough.

"Come on, Girly! We can either do this the easy way, or we can do this the hard way," the boy with the spiky hair said, being the one to speak up this time.

Sakura Remained defiant. "I guess we'll go with... the hard way. Earth Style: Mud Dome Jutsu." Sakura slammed her palm into the ground, creating a defense barrier around her team, as well as herself, effectively stopping the sound team from being able to do anything.

"Hmmm, impressive," says the only Kunoichi in the sound trio. She wore a no sleeve tan shirt, camo pants with combat boots, and her sound headband that framed her face in a way that there was no identity concealment, whatsoever. She glanced at the kid with the mohawk. "Take it away, Zaku!"

"Alright, Kin! I'm way ahead of you." He brought his arms up and blasted the dome with what appeared to be nothing. The first time, the dome began to crack. But after the second blast, the barrier was completely destroyed. Now Sakura was starting to grow fearful of her predicament. How were they able to destroy her defense, so easily.

"It's a good thing I love the hard way. Let's do our thing, Kin," Zaku was excited to further demonstrate his skills.

Kin was getting pumped as well. "You don't have to tell me twice!" She vanished from her place, in front of the boy with a hunch, and reappeared behind Sakura, grabbing a fistful of the girl's pink hair. "Look at this beautiful hair." Kin's tone was condescendingly. "Maybe if you Leaf Kunoichi cared more about your skills as a Shinobi, rather than your appearance, you girls might actually make decent ninjas."

Sakura took Kin's moment of distraction to pull a Kunai out of her weapons pouch. "You know? You talk too much." Sakura still believed she had the upper-hand.

Kin on the other hand, was not phased by the knife. "What do you think you're going to do with that? Stab me? In case you have not yet realized, the fact that I'm holding your hair, means I can control your actions." Kin demonstrates her point by yanking Sakura's hair backwards, causing her body to jerk backwards as well, as she lets out a small cry of pain.

Still remaining confident, Sakura spoke up once more. "Like I said before. You talk TOO MUCH." She surprises Kin by not using her Kunai to attack her, but to cut her hair free from the ravenette's grasp.

Sakura's actions surprised the sound kunoichi. "I have to admit, I was not expecting that. Maybe there is something ninja like about you after all. No matter, it won't make any difference." The girl finished her statement with a kick to the now shorter haired Kunoichi's back, knocking her forwards and into the ground.

Zaku chose this moment to begin his attacks as well. Walking up to Sakura's limp form, he extended his arms towards where her body lay, and proceeded to blast her backwards into the tree that she was resting against, not five minutes ago. "Seriously, you should just give Sasuke to us, we'll kill him, and be on our way. No further harm need be done to you," he threatened walking up to Sakura, somewhat menacingly.

Up until this moment, Shikimaru had just sat watching the fight. But now things were approaching dangerous territory.He walked out of the bushes, towards the three sound genin. "No way!" He sighed in annoyance. "Man, why did this have to happen? What a drag."

Ino reveals herself to the sound genin as well. "Yeah! No one hurts my Sasuke!"

Choji, on the other hand, was a bit more hesitant to join the fight than his group mates were. "Uh, guys? Are we really doing this right now?! I mean you saw what that Zaku guy did to the mud dome. Are you absolutely sure this was a wise decision?" He tried to reason, but failed spectacularly.

Ino scoffed at her portly teammate. "Choji, don't be such a baby."

"Plus there is no point worrying about it anymore. It's too late now. We've already revealed ourselves," Shikimaru replies to his cowardly teammates questioning of their sanity.

"Great... more kids," the bandaged sound Nin replied to the new arrivals, clearly annoyed with the situation. "Zaku! Let's finish them." He tried to move, and soon realized his body would not listen to his mind's commands. "What's going on? Why can't I move my body?!"

Shikimaru finished the hand signs for his family's signature jutsu. "Shadow possession Jutsu!! Success!"The boy gave them a confident smirk. "Sakura is right, you know?" He got the rest of the group's attention. "You guys really do talk too much."

Ino decided to use their moment of distraction against them. Lifting her hand up in a seal. "Ninja Art: Mind Transfer Jutsu!" Her small body falls forward, seemingly lifeless. Kin notices a bit too late. Turning her head towards the girl, right as Ino's spirit took control of her body. Ino began speaking from within Kin's body. "you guys better leave. I'll let her body go, only once you are a far enough distance away. If you don't follow my orders, I'll kill her, right now." She holds up one of the dark haired girl's Senbon, against her neck.

Interesting, thought the sound genin with the hunch on his back. The pineapple haired kid can control his body with his shadow. And the girl can send her spirit out to possess other people's bodies. So it is quite possible that without the release of the jutsu, the girl will die along with the body she is possessing. "Zaku." He was about 80% sure he had everything figured out.

Zaku was pissed. "What Dosu!?" The boy was confused when his partner told him to dispose of their other team member. "What! Why!?"

"Just do it!!"

Without further questioning, Zaku rushed over to Kin's body, Kunai in hand, poised to strike.

Ino barely had enough time to block the attack, using the Senbon she had previously held against the female target's neck. She was appalled with the action the boy took. "You would kill your own comrade!!?"

"OF COURSE!! She means absolutely nothing to us," was Dosu's heartless reply. "Plus if she dies without you releasing the technique, you'll die as well," Dosu expounded on his own sick reasoning for his less than immoral actions.

Dammit!! How did he figure out her bluff? "Release!" Ino had no other choice but to let go of her hold on Kin's body. She definitely did not want to die. Her spirit flew back into her own body, resting lifelessly in Choj's arms. After a few seconds, Ino stood up, at a loss for what to do next.

Shikamaru released his shadow possession on Dosu, also stumped as to what their next move would be.

"Now! Does anyone else want to try to be a hero?" Dosu asked no one in particular. It was just in case someone else decided to jump into the fray. "No takers? Good. Zaku," The boy in questions turns to look at him. "Grab Sasuke and let's get this over with."

"With pleasure." Zaku began his trek to where the Uchiha lay unconscious on the ground.

One second later, Sasuke's body vanished from sight. Everyone was confused, and started looking around, seeing if they could find where the raven haired Shinobi had gone. The boy reappeared next to his ruffed up teammate. "Sakura, Who did this to you?" There was a malicious undertone to his voice.

The spiky haired ninja wasn't bothered by it. He sent the Uchiha a smug grin. "I did!!"

Once again, Sasuke vanished from sight, this time reappearing on a tree branch. Zaku tried to blast him out of it, but the boy was gone, before he could land the attack. This process continued a few more times, Sasuke getting closer, each time he reappeared. The final time he left people's vision, he showed up behind Zaku, pulling the boy's arms behind his back.

Aku could no longer move freely. "What the hell!!?" He turns around to see Sasuke.

Sasuke gives the boy a bloodthirsty smile. "You seem to be extremely proud of these arms of yours."

Now that he wasn't moving all over the place, the ninja present could see strange dark black markings covering Sasuke's face and arms.

What the hell? Why would Lord Orochimaru want them to kill Sasuke, if he had given him the curse mark!? This doesn't make any sense, Dosu mused.

Sasuke followed his statement by placing a foot on Genin's back, pressing him forward, while continuing to pull his arms backwards.

At this point, Zaku was on his knees, crying out: "Let me go! Please," he begged not being able to endure the strain being put on his bones. The leaf Genin ignored him, and continued to press his foot into Zaku's back, until a snap was heard throughout the clearing. The noise felt thunderous in volume, thanks to the silence that filled the area. All that could be heard for the longest time, was Zaku's agonizing howls of pain.

Sasuke!? What happened to you? Why are you acting like this? Sakura's thoughts were cut short, when she heard Sasuke speak again.

"I can feel the overwhelming power radiating throughout my body. With this, no one will be able to beat me. Not Even, Naruto." Sasuke clenched his fist. The anticipation was filling him with a feeling of euphoria.

As if he was responding to the challenge, Naruto chose this moment to wake up. He looked around for a bit, trying to understand where exactly he was, and what was going on. He turned to his female teammate. "Sakura, What happened after I fell unconscious?"

Her only response was to look straight past him. Naruto followed her gaze, and was instantly aware of what had transpired. Zaku was in tears on the ground. It was obvious to anyone paying attention, that his arms were broken.

That was most likely the loud crack the boy heard before he woke up. The Uzumaki focused his eyes back on Sasuke, and was not at all surprised to find the boy glaring at him. "What do you want, Sasuke?" He stayed calm, even though he had a feeling he already knew the answer to that question.

"Fight me, Naruto!! Right here, right now," Sasuke demanded loudly, confirming Naruto's hunch.

"Not a chance in hell, Sasuke. What you need to do right now, is CALM DOWN! Before you hurt anyone else," Naruto warned.

Sasuke did not appreciate Naruto's reply. "Fight me, you coward!! No using your Hiraishin Seal Mark on me either. I want a real fight."

"I said No!"

It was immediately apparent that that was not the answer Sasuke desired. Launching forward, he pulled his arm back, and threw a punch at Naruto's face. The blond dodged, easily sidestepping the Uchiha. Refusing to give up, Sasuke kicked his foot out, in an effort to possibly catch him off guard. Naruto saw this coming and was able to grab his foot.

Naruto is crazy!! Is he really taking Sasuke on in the state he is in, right now? Sakura looks on at what she assumes will be a one-sided battle. He is going to be killed.

What is that idiot doing? Shikamaru still couldn't fully comprehend what was happening in the moment.

"Sasuke," Naruto began, warning in his tone. "Calm down. I don't want to fight you."

Of course he wouldn't want to fight him. He'd lose. Ino considered what happened on graduation day, but decided it was a fluke. Naruto could not possibly fight Sasuke on equal terms. Sasuke is just too strong.

The boy in question twisted his body, aiming a kick towards Naruto's head. The blond opponent caught the second foot as well. Recognizing the tactic as the one the Uchiha used on their Sensei during the bell test, Naruto took the opportunity to twist his wrist, grabbing Sasuke's ankles, using them to slam the boy into the ground, head first. Sasuke's body went limp, almost instantly.

Everyone there could not be more shocked, even if a giant building suddenly fell out of the sky, or a humongous creature showed up. Even with the power Sasuke seemed to exhibit, it was still nothing for Naruto.

"Naruto? How in the hell did you-" Ino was at a loss for words.

He glared at his fellow blond. "That is not important right now."

Shikamaru was flabbergasted, and wanted to know more. "But if you were this strong why wo-"

Naruto snapped. "I am not answering any of your questions." He really did not want to deal with this right now.

Sasuke, who thought this was the perfect moment to catch Naruto distracted, launched at him from behind. Naruto had remained vigilant, even during the mini conversation. As if proving what happened at graduation wasn't a fluke, like Ino believed, Naruto grabbed his arm, threw him over his shoulder and slammed him into the ground once again. Just like he did on that day, a month or so ago.

Sasuke decides to use a substitution with a nearby rock, and runs at Naruto, once more. This time, he tries to kick the leaf ninja. Right before Sasuke's foot could connect with his back, the blonde disappeared. The raven haired boy ended up landing exactly where his foe stood, only a second ago. He started looking all around him, trying to pinpoint where Naruto would come at him from.

The Uchiha continued searching for what felt like forever, when he was suddenly caught off guard by several Kunai and Shuriken flying at him from all directions. He saw a shadow pass above him. Thinking it Was Naruto, he put his hands in the tiger seal Shouting: "Kaiton: Gokakyu No Jutsu!" A massive fireball, 10xs the size that Sasuke could usually pull off, thanks to the curse mark, blew out of his mouth, straight into the air.

Knowing he would try this, Naruto threw one of his Hiraishin Kunai through the flame, towards Sasuke's location. The Uchiha stood still on the ground, looking up, waiting to see the damage his attack had no doubt done to his rival. He was caught off guard, once again, when he noticed a metallic shine, coming through the fire ball. It was too late for him to react. Naruto appeared right above him, plowing his body, legs first, into Sasuke's head. The Uchiha ended up being pinned on the ground. He was confused. What happened to all the weapons that were flying at him? Then it clicked. It had to be a Genjutsu. But when did Naruto find time to focus chakra into his body?

Naruto interrupted the boy's thoughts. "Are you happy now, Sasuke!!!?" The blond glared down at the Uchiha. "We fought!!!! Now CHILL OUT ALREADY!!!!"

Everyone of the Shinobi around them, were not only amazed by Naruto's skill, even Sakura, and definitely Ino. But they also were starting to worry, as it seems the longer this goes on, the more angry Naruto became. It was evident by his tone. Which got darker, and darker, each time he spoke.

Still, Sasuke refused to give up. He pulled out a concealed Kunai, and thrusted upwards towards Naruto's gut. Anyone there would think Sasuke was trying to kill him.

This time, Naruto was the one caught off guard. He seriously thought Sasuke would stop now. He was an idiot. Sasuke was never going to let this go. The Kunai plunged into his stomach, stabbing straight through to his back. He fell from his position on top of Sasuke, on to the ground. Dark crimson blood began flowing from the wound, even though the Kunai was still embedded.

TO BE CONTINUED

There it is guys. I'm sorry it took so long. I've been slowly writing this chapter on paper each day, during school. Let me know how I did on the fight scenes. Those are the parts I usually worry about the most. I hope this long chapter makes up for the long pause. And I hope it was everything you guys wanted.

P.s. I'll be editing my earlier chapters to match the format I use now. So if you get notifications regarding those chapters, that is why. I'll try not to take as long next time, but no promises. I recently started my SRP (Senior research paper) So I need to focus on that, in order to graduate.

See you later.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

174K 2.6K 40
{reconsider to be rewritten}Uzumaki Naruto is a cheerful, naive boy and a prankster. little that people know that he is a special Anbu and the assass...
41.4K 903 30
Hinata was always strong, but just didn't know it. Her family is keeping a secret from her that she'll find out soon enough.One day she found out tha...
6.9K 134 10
Naruto has been ridiculed and shamed. His heart was torn into shreds as he never felt more useless in his life. Moreover, this caused him to drop th...
172K 6.1K 25
Everyone's an idiot. At least, that's Kyoki's perspective. He believes that he is the only intelligent person among boring, senseless people. So he...