Our Own World

Bởi MapleDonuts

When childhood best friends fall in love trouble seems to always come their way. And they seem to be living i... Xem Thêm

Our Own World
Prologue
Chapter One - My Story
Chapter Two - I'm Losing My Friends
Chapter Three - Close Call
Chapter Four - Mistakes
Chapter Five - Midnight McDonald's Runs
Chapter Six - More Mistakes
Chapter Eight - Promises
Chapter Nine - The Note
Chapter Ten - Wrong Signals
Chapter Eleven - Date?
Chapter Twelve - Netflix and NO CHILL
Chapter Thirteen - The Meaning of Love
Chapter Fourteen - Thank You For Saving My Life
Chapter Fifteen - Birthday Traditions
Chapter Sixteen - I Have PTSD?!
Chapter Seventeen - Feelings Are Confusing
Chapter Eighteen - New Boy In Town
Chapter Nineteen - Everything Hurts
Chapter Twenty - Divorce is a Tough Subject
Chapter Twenty-One - What am I doing?
Chapter Twenty-Two - What If It Isn't Fine?
Chapter Twenty-Three - Utter Shock
Chapter Twenty-Four - The Truth Is Out
Chapter Twenty-Five - Date Night
Chapter Twenty-Six - Cookie Dough
Chapter Twenty-Seven - Officially Official
Chapter Twenty-Eight - I Need a Long Nap
Chapter Twenty-Nine - Drama, drama, drama
Chapter Thirty - Fears Becoming Real
Chapter Thirty-One - Awkward Stuff...
Chapter Thirty-Two - I Need Therapy
Chapter Thirty-Three - Surprise
Chapter Thirty-Four - I'm No Longer A Slave to Fear
Chapter Thirty-Five - Vermont?
Chapter Thirty-Six - Prom Night
Chapter Thirty-Seven - I Love My Friends
Chapter Thirty-Eight - Time to Leave
Chapter Thirty-Nine - Never Let Me Go
Chapter Forty - What a Great Start...
Chapter Forty-One - New Life

Chapter Seven - Fights

209 8 3
Bởi MapleDonuts

I woke up in the morning completely sore and I didn't know where I was. I tried to lift my arm to my eyes to rub it but it was tied to the bed post.

That's when I remember what happened. Micah raped me. Or I think he did at least. I can't remember a single thing from last night and my head it pounding. I had duct tape stuck to my mouth to keep it shut. Micah wasn't in the room. I heard my phone ringing across the room. It was probably my parents.

I heard the door creak open and it was Micah. He had only boxers on and his hair was wet.

"Hello, darling, how was your sleep."

I muffled/screamed. "Awful now get me out of here."

He finally tore the duct tape off my mouth and I yelped. Then he untied me.

My phone started ringing and I ran over to go and pick it up. My legs could barely move. What did he do to me?

He stopped me from picking up the phone. "Your excuse is that you were at your friend's house for the night." He spoke quietly.

"Hey mum," I gulped.

"Sweetie, where were you last night? You said your shift ended at 12." She spoke softly. I could imagine her on the other end of the line with a red face steaming with anger and disappointment.

"I spent the night at Dakota's." I swallowed hard.

"I want you home, now." She stated. "You're already going to be late for school."

"Yeah I'll be home... Actually, I'll just get Dakota to drive me I brought clothes for today." I said. This was actually true.

"Okay, we'll be having a talk after school just so you know. So you're not avoiding it."

"I know mum." I hung up just after and Micah was ready to take me to school.

I quickly got changed while he was waiting for me at the front door.

"Hurry up now will you." He muffled angrily.

"I'm sorry, I need to freshen up a bit because I look like a complete mess and I look like a slut who had sex three times last night." I grunted at him.

"You know we didn't have sex right?" He stared blankly.

"We-we didn't?"

"No," he scoffed. "I had you all tied down and ready to but then you said something."

"What did I say?"

"You said 'I've never had sex before Micah.' You were crying and you looked like you were really hurting inside. Then you said 'And I don't really like the idea of losing my virginity to a guy who sleeps around. I wanted my first time to be special. But if you're still going to send the text if I don't do it with you, then I guess it's alright.' It actually freaked me out that someone like you would stand up to me like that. When I told you had to come over you obliged with no excuses. It was all for Ace. You were willing to give up something that important to you for Ace. That made me really understand that you do care about Ace. And I shouldn't have treated him that way. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have treated you that way either. It wasn't fair to either of you. I'm so sorry." He apologized.

"Was I drunk last night?" I asked.

"Yeah, I told you to drink three bottles of beer. I guess that did you in." He shrugged.

"So we didn't have sex?" I said surprised.

"No, I decided not to hurt you or Ace like that. It wasn't fair."

"Let's just go to school." I stated.

Micah drove me to school and we arrived halfway into first period.

Ace saw me at the front door and hugged me tightly.

"Please don't ever do that again." He pleaded.

What did I do?

"Do what exactly?" I asked.

"Not answer my calls! I even went over to Dakota's and she said you weren't there! Your parents didn't even know where you were. Heck, Camilla, you came in an hour late and arrive with Micah? What the heck? Did you sleep with him? Did he rape you? Did you have sex with Micah? What the hell happened-" he put his hand over his mouth after the last few words he said.

"You think I would have sex with Micah? Or anyone for that matter?" I asked shocked. How could Ace ask such a thing?

"Camilla I-" He pleaded.

"Forget it Ace." I stammered. "If you can't trust me then go find another best friend." I ran off to first period completely ignoring anything he had to say to me.

*The next day*

"Good morning beautiful." Ace said as I answered his call this morning.

"I'm still mad at you." I responded.

"Baby I'm so sorry. If there's anything I can do for you I will." Ace begged.

He called me baby.

"Bring me some chocolate and some of treats tonight and we'll watch a couple episode of FRIENDS and then I'll be happy."

"That show again? We have to watch it every time you get mad at me though..."

"Sorry, I guess we can't be friends anymore then." I smirked.

"Fine, fine, FRIENDS and chocolate it is. Is tonight at 7 good? Then we can talk?"

"Sure."

We hung up and I couldn't stop smiling after hearing him call me beautiful. I guess Gwen couldn't help but notice.

"It's a boy isn't it?" She asked snooping into my business

"What are you talking about?" I asked as if I was confused.

"That giddy face you are wearing this morning, gives it away." She said. "Spill it, did someone ask you to the dance?" She asked.

"No... Ace and I kissed." I whispered the kiss part.

"You did what?!" She screamed. "My sister has a boyfriend, my sister has a boyfriend!" She chanted.

"Be quiet, the whole neighbourhood doesn't need to know." I said. "And he's not my boyfriend. Look, I will tell you more after school."

"Who has a boyfriend Guinevere?" My father asked as he entered the kitchen. "Camilla... You don't have a boyfriend do you?" He asked like he had something against it.

"No, Dad... It was just a miss-communication. I don't have a boyfriend, and I probably won't for a while." I told him that with a reassuring tone, although I somewhat didn't want it to be true.

"Okay, good. I thought my baby girl was growing up! Don't start seeing with boys just yet." He said smiling. He hugged me tightly. He almost said it as if he'd expected something. I'm thinking he probably should have told me that before, because I sort of am seeing a boy. Whoops my bad.

"Yeah dad, don't worry about me. Boys don't even like me."

Gwen gave me the stare as if to say, "You're such a terrible liar."

Okay, I am a bad liar. But it's not my fault. I have to get it from somewhere...

I toast myself a bagel and spread cream cheese on it.

I got dressed, straightened my hair and I grabbed my uniform out of my closet. I ran out the door with my binder in one hand and my bagel in the other. With my backpack slung over my shoulder, I walked to my bus stop. I grabbed my iPhone out of my bag and turn on my music.

I meet Ace at the bus stop.

"Hey," Ace said. "How's it going?"

"I'm fine." I stared blankly.

"Please don't be mad at me." He pleaded.

"Ace, I said we would talk tonight."

"Okay,"

He took a piece of my bagel and started to eat it.

"Hey! That's mine!" I said.

Smiling he said, "Sorry, it just looked so tempting."

I smiled back and we got on the bus. The first thirty minutes, basically until we got to the school, Ace and I didn't speak to each other. It was kind of an awkward silence cause neither of wanted to speak up about how we felt. I was still extremely upset with him at the moment. How could he say such a thing? Does he really think that I would sleep around? I'm not a reckless seventeen year old. Plus, it's not like he's the boss of me. My parents are the ones who should be getting mad at me, not him.

"I'm sorry for the things I said to you yesterday." He said.

"Ace I already said we would talk tonight." I sighed. "I just don't want to talk about it now." I said grabbing my bag to get off the bus.

Dakota and I were talking for a bit during our spare about how Ace was acting this morning.

"I just can't believe he would act like that! He's being such a jerk about it."

"So, what happened after he flipped out at you?"

"I got mad at him for accusing me of having sex with Micah and walked away from him." I sighed. "But we're going to talk about it tonight. I don't know how it's going to go but I hope I don't lose him as a friend. He means so much to me. I feel like he just needs to control his words sometimes." I whispered.

"You two are perfect together, don't let little arguments get in the way of your amazing relationship." Dakota smiled.

Just then Ace came up to us.

"What are you guys talking about?" He asked.

"Nothing," Dakota and I both said at the same time.

I cleared my throat.

"We've gotta go." We both said again. We just laughed at ourselves and walked away from Ace.

We walked down the hall and Matthew stopped us.

"Hello Cassie, hello Camilla." He said.

"Hi Matthew," I said. "What's up?" I'm crossing my fingers he doesn't ask me to the dance.

"Camilla, I was wondering if you wanted to go to the dance with me." He asked.

No wonder Dakota fell for him. I shut my eyes. Oh great, how fantastic. He's really handsome, how can I turn him down? I can turn him down for my best friend. I don't want to hurt her.

"Sorry, I don't think I can. I have to go. See you later."

Then Dakota dragged me down the hall.

"Why would you turn him down Cam?" She asked almost mad at me.

"Because I know you like him and I didn't want to hurt you." I said.

"Okay well thanks for being a good friend to me. I'll see you later." Dakota said walking away.

Wait, so is she mad at me? I'm so confused. Just then, Derrick came up to me. He's captain of the football team. He's totally handsome and I don't think there's been a single girl who's turned him down.

"Camilla, will you go to the dance with me?" He asked. I looked up at him. He's pretty tall.

"I just want to ask you something first... Why do you like me?" I asked.

"I don't know, you're hot and you're like the most popular girl in school and-

"No..." I said. "I can't go to the dance with you." I walked away from him. Why would I ever go to a dance with a jerk who just wants to go to a dance with me, so he can tell everyone that he went to a dance with the "prettiest" girl in school?

When I got home, Gwen demanded an explanation about me and Ace. So I told her.

"I thought we were just friends and we were for a long time. But then he was drunk and I kissed him and I don't know why I did. He also told me he loved me in his drunken state and I couldn't tell if he was being serious or just saying it because he was drunk. Afterwards, I didn't know if he remembered but I asked him and he said he didn't. Then the other night, Ace and I confessed our feelings for each other and kissed again... He asked me to the dance and I said yes, but then he bailed because he hates how much people judge him and people were calling him a loser and stuff. I feel so bad for him. I mean, every guy thinks they can take down Ace to get to me, but I really love him and I'm not leaving his side."

"You love him? That's crazy Cam-" She said.

"I know it sounds crazy but I think I'm in love with Ace. I can't think about not being with Ace in the future, I think about him all the time-

"That could be just because he has cancer." Guinevere said.

"No, I don't think so. Gwen, he means so much to me." I said with tears in my eyes. She pulled me into a hug and comforted me.

��V]��Oi

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

3.3K 85 32
Sometimes life don't go the way we planned. Sometimes we end up feeling so low, and alone. Like we're in a dark hole with no one around us, but then...
56 0 13
She's a girl who has cancer, her best friend becomes her lover, what will happen? This story is romantic and tragic.
Sweet Tears Bởi Lily_V

Tiểu Thuyết Chung

76 2 14
This is a story that everyone never imagined to happen. The story line couldn't be expected. A story of a girl with her friendship and family, everyt...
52.5K 1.2K 46
Camilla has a talent for finding the wrong guys. That is until she meets Evan. She's sure her luck has changed. He's mature, sexy, commanding, everyt...