Dream Writer » Larry AU

De habitommo

[completed] "Why a butterfly?" "'Cause you're picturesque. Like a kaleidoscope." *** Louis Tomlinson, a film... Mai multe

INTRODUCTION
1: HYPOCRITE
2: DRUGSTORE
3: LONELY
4: TASTE
5: SLEEPOVER
6: BUTTERFLY
7: DREAMER
8: BROWNIES
9: COINCIDENT
10: PUNCH
11: MEET-CUTE
12: YELLOW
13: NAMES
14: REENACT
15: AROUSAL
16: FEELINGS
17: SCAR
18: FREE
19: PUZZLE
20: TOPLESS
21: SHOPPING
22: HANDS
23: WATERFALL
24: LIPS
25: MACHO
26: SORRY
27: BRAVE
28: ENTICING
29: INSTAGRAM
30: HORNY
31: REVERSE
32: WASTED
33: STRONG
34: WEAK
35: CHARM
36: ECSTASY
37: DISTURBED
38: JEALOUS
39: WET
40: SAFE
41: MASCULINE
42: SWALLOW
43: LUCKY
44: SECRET
45: TIMID
46: BONFIRE
47: REMEMBER
48: KISS
49: FIREWORKS
50: MEND
51: ANNE
52: GAY
54: BEE
55: COLD
56: BLUEBERRY
57: RENDEZVOUS
58: FLAME
59: WARM
60: HIKE
61: WINGS
62: REMAKE
63: BLEED
64: LOVE
65: FOREST
Sequel (Preview)

53: STAIN

3K 142 284
De habitommo

A/N: Sorry for the late update. I've been a little busy. Thanks for being patient.

Louis, July 14th

To some extent, everyone has their own perception of paradise. Mine, was waking up in Harry Styles' bed.

My ideal paradise, was when he'd be nestled under my arms, which he unfortunately wasn't, this time. Although, this fact didn't make me any less euphoric, since he'd promised to come back first thing after filming to join me in bed. In fact, he'd left a cute note at his side of the bed, which said: I'll be back at around eleven. Save your kisses for me. You look cute.

It was only after I'd read through the scribbled letters that I realised that him slamming the front door must've been the reason I woke up. In fact, he was just entering the bedroom.

Harry's cheeks were pink and curls tousled and flopping down differently to how it usually was, as if he'd just been sprinting up the stairs instead of taking the lift. To my surprise, he was holding a package in the size of a shoebox, wrapped with paper in the colour of cardboard, a purple ribbon perched in its centre.

"Don't get your hopes up," was the first thing he said before sitting down on the edge of the empty side and flinging his legs up into bed. He placed down the gift between us and shrugged. "It was something I saw in the window on my way home, and it reminded me of you. So, yeah. It's no big deal."

"You're so sweet," I beamed, picking at the little bow. "It's a proper present. Could've just given me the bag."

"Well, no. Because it was at a toy store and-" As my brows arched, Harry made sure to stop my thoughts from wandering further. "Not that kind of toy store. An actual kid's shop. And they had the wrapping paper prepared. So, I wrapped it myself."

"Careful before you spoil the surprise, babe." My fingers picked at the end of the paper on the side of the box, unfastening the fold Harry had taped down. "This is such a cute gesture, Harry. You're so nice," I cooed.

Harry dipped his elbow into a pillow to get more comfortable. "If you think it's silly, you can throw it away."

"No way." I snorted and tore the remaining pieces of wrapping paper away from the box, removing the its lid thereafter. "Tissue paper as well?" I chuckled, my fingers shuffling through the inside as the piece rustled noisily, soon revealing something tan and furry underneath. "Is it a stuffed animal?"

Indeed it was, and it was double the size of my two fists together, shaped and sewn to resemble a baby hedgehog.

My cheeks flushed. "Why would a hedgehog remind you of me?"

"Because," he emphasised. "When your hair's a mess." His hand reached up to my fringe. "Like right now. All mornings. And at night, when you're sleepy. You look just like it."

My lip twitched into a smile. "Didn't know you thought so." After looking into Harry's green, my gaze shifted to a pair of black beads in my lap. They had the slightest shine in them, which resembled a twinkle. My hand stroked over the soft fur. "It's not silly. It's sweet."

He rolled over on his stomach to face me from below. "Do you love it?"

My nose wrinkled as I smiled warmly. "So much. In fact," I patted its head, "he'll be going to bed with me tonight."

Harry's fingers trickled over my naked thigh. "What about me?"

A feeling of delight swelled in my chest at those words, honoured that they'd crossed his mind. Eight of my days lacking Harry in them were dreadful, and having him wanting to be in them.

"Another night?" I asked, bliss hinting at the tone. "Here?"

"Of course," he crooned, elbowing closer to place his chin atop of my knee. "If you have time for two lovers, that is."

"Lil' Tommo's not a lover," he petted the hedgehog. "He's just a bro."

A snort came from Harry. "Lil' Tommo. That's his name?" And I nodded proudly. "Good thing I'm not your bro. That sounds lame."

"Cuz you're my boo," he cooed and I grimaced at the cliché line, which made him laugh. "Babe," he corrected. "My babe. Or baby. Baby cakes. Cheeks."

He squinted an eye. "Baby's enough."

Harry,

"That's your favourite childhood memory? Liam getting bitten by a bird?"

We were still in bed after hours, and Louis had been telling me stories from his past. This included everything from what happened with Jackson, to what he did with Liam, in absence of Jackson. Somehow every memory involved either of the two of those people, which was quite discouraging. I couldn't help but wish he could've had happier memories to tell me about.

"He didn't get bitten. Birds don't have teeth," he corrected, giggling. "But yeah. That's one of my favourites."

I grinned. "Why?"

"Because the bird also left a massive shit in Jackson's hair. Messed it all up." Louis' eyes dropped down to his lap where he petted the hedgehog. "He was crying like a child. Seeing him vulnerable at least once made me feel slightly better about my own pain," he explained. "Although, since that day I have been a little scared of birds. Whenever I see one I feel like they're gonna attack me. Nibble me."

And because that was totally adorable, I giggled softly. "I didn't know that. What else are you afraid of?"

He hesitated. "Honestly? Like, silly things or, the real things?"

"The real, I guess."

He gulped and fiddled with his hands. "Loneliness."

A weight overburdened my heart, pressuring it to shrink with excruciating pain. The simple look in his sky blue eyes shot me like a knife stabbing me in the chest. He was hurting of insecurity and I knew nothing of how to heal him.

"You're not lonely," I assured him.

He sucked in his bottom lip. "Without you, I feel like it."

The weight on my heart increased. "I'm never without you, Louis." He looked miserable, so I moved closer and cupped his face with my hand. "I'm always here. Even when I'm not physically near. I'm still with you." I moved my spare hand to his chest and stroked it. "Right here, I am."

He sniffled. "Never without me," he whispered, presumably just to let it sink in.

"Always with you," I urged, putting our foreheads together.

His voice quavered. "Always in my heart."

If it was true that kisses could mend, I would've kissed him for longer than five minutes, but he broke it when he noticed the TV had cut from commercials. We had been watching Forrest Gump, this time because it happened to play randomly. All the other times had been on his account. Perhaps him wanting to watch the movie instead of kissing me would've been considered insulting, but this was Louis Tomlinson. And he loved movies. Especially his favourite one. So, I just smiled.

My hand overlapped his. "Do you ever think it's kind of lame how obsessive we are with movies?"

But Louis' eyes were still heavily fixated on the screen. "We're not obsessive. We just feel a lot. We're cool."

"Says the guy petting a fluffy hedgehog."

"Hey," he drawled, chuckling through his nose. Finally, my appearance was interesting enough for him to observe me. "You calling me uncool?" He hugged the stuffed animal and kissed its snout. "If anything this makes me a lot tougher."

"Jesus," I huffed and reached for my coffee cup from the bedside table. "You know-"

"No, no, no, no!" He warned and I froze, cup mid-air. "Don't drink your coffee in bed. You'll spill everywhere."

"Since when do you worry about making a mess?" I teased, planting the steaming cup in my lap.

"I never make a mess on the bed," he argued.

I cocked a brow. "Depends on how you interpret that." Louis rolled his eyes. "So what other fears do you have? Heights?"

"None," he said.

I nodded and awaited for him to ask me the same thing in return, but I gave up when I realised he wouldn't. Instead we both turned to the TV. His favourite movie had ended and another one was beginning. I quickly recognised the intro and felt my chest fill with intense glee.

"I love this movie," I uttered.

"I hate it," Louis retorted.

My head turned to face him. "Excuse me?"

He smirked haughtily. "Yeah?"

"Don't ever disrespect a Nicholas Sparks movie in front of me again, Tomlinson," I warned, holding back a smile.

He shrugged. "If it's a shit movie, I will, Styles."

I laughed, secretly super-annoyed. "It's not a shit movie!"

"Well," he started, grimacing, "we've already established that you've shit taste. Haven't we?"

"That was about music. And actors," I corrected. "My movie taste is a whole different story. You don't see me criticising Forrest Gump, do you?"

"That's because Forrest Gump is a quality film."

I leaned in. "You can't-"

"Coffee, coffee, coffee! Careful!" He flinched before reaching his hand out to prevent the cup from tipping over. Unfortunately, a dash jolted over the edge and settling into the furry animal on Louis' lap. "Harry! Not the hedgehog!"

"Oops," I blurted.

"What did I tell you a minute ago?"

"Lou, pwease don't be mad at me."

"You're such a shit. I really can read you in and out. I pretty much saw this coming in my head."

"I'm sowwy."

"Stop playing the baby-card," Louis laughed, watching my pouting lip. "You can't pull it off. Makes you look stupid."

"No, it doesn't," I argued, puckering my lips to appear alluring. "You're just saying that because you don't want to admit that it's working."

"Oh really?"

"Really. You love it when I'm like this. Don't you?"

"Hm..." His eyes creased. "I guess you read me in and out, too."

"Hawwy gets his way," was my hum, which was accompanied by a grin.

And Louis' brows scooted up for a split second. "Spoiled, you are."

"I don't deserve you..."

He chewed on his lip. "You deserve everything, Harry. I've told you that before," he was whispering, picking a curl out of my face. "I would risk anything, to give you everything."

My smile stretched, just as he gently pushed our noses together. "You're so fucking romantic."

Since he seemed to disagree, his face scrunched up. "I'm not just saying those things to be romantic. I'm saying them because they matter. I would never compliment you because I need you to be self-aware. You're beautiful," he said and grabbed my hand. "That's a fact, but there are times when you will look in the mirror and think the opposite. I wanna prevent that, which is why I need to inform you constantly."

"Thank you," was my hum, because what expression could ever compete with that?

He grimaced, moving his hand from mine to my neck. "Do you know you're so goddamn beautiful?"

"So are you," I whispered. "I wish you'd be as confident as you make me be."

"You make me confident, too."

"Well, then imagine what it would've been like if you and I had met in high school." I yanked his arm to draw him into my embrace. "Maybe you wouldn't have had to experience the things you were put through."

"You wouldn't have liked me in high school."

"Yes, I would've."

"We were opposites."

"Opposites attract."

"Stop being silly. I wouldn't even have caught your eye for one second."

"That isn't true. I told you I was never the person to exclude the poorly treated. Besides, you were just as pretty back then as you are now."

"There was never a person like that at my school. All they thought about was themselves."

"They don't matter. What matters is that you've got me now."

Whatever sorrow had befallen over his face faded when I brought my thumb to his cheekbone and let it stroke from the highest spot to the tiny freckles a couple inches down. There was always the same reaction when I did that. He knew it was a sign and I knew I could use it to soothe him.

"We're a good team," I whispered, "you and I."

Louis picked up his stuffed animal and poked its snout against my nose. "And the hedgehog."

I chuckled. "And the hedgehog."

***

A/N: Love, love, love you guys. Thank you all for reading still.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

240K 9.2K 22
"You look like a princess. I'm not even joking" ~ Louis Tomlinson A different journey for our very own Larry Stylinson.
46.4K 1K 29
"Why do you call him darling?" I looked at Liam and felt my features soften. "Because he's a darling. He's absolutely the most precious thing I've...
36.9K 2.2K 22
» 𝙲𝚘𝚖𝚙𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚎 « Cᴏᴠᴇʀ ᴍᴀᴅᴇ ʙʏ ʟᴀᴅʏ ᴍɪsᴛᴀᴋᴇs. [ ɪɢ ᴀᴄᴄᴏᴜɴᴛ: @ladymistakes_ ] Louis didn't know how precious life was until he met someone who had...
16.3K 637 9
✿ Larry Stylinson short story ✿ (completed) Harry wants to be someone to Louis..but he doesn't know that he already is...