Bitten But Alive (The Walking...

De chibicandimei

When it all began, you,being one of the best soldiers,helped get as many people as you could out of multiple... Mai multe

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
24
25
26
27
28
29
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68

30

14.3K 425 222
De chibicandimei

Cherokee Rose : 4

~~~

Photo Cred: Natsuyume On DeviantArt

~~

( Your POV )

~~~

Hmmm....My eyes flickered up to maggies back before casting themselves downwards to my hand gloved hands. The strange feeling of the large bandage over my palm had me opening and closing my fist every few seconds. It was uncomfortable but then again...Bandaids have always been pretty uncomfortable,guess I just forgot about it huh?

My eyes made their way back up to Maggies form,should I try to start a conversation? No that'd be fucking weird,just cause she doesn't hate me anymore,at least I think,doesn't mean we're friends....I mentally slapped myself,maybe me becoming the living dead was a good thing.Human interaction,not my best ability.

"So Maggie,"I heard her humm in response,God my question is stupid and I already know the answer but,"why are we headed to the back?"

With my question she stopped walking and looked back at me with a small tilt of her head,instead of speaking she held up the list Lori had handed us."This,"she pointed at a couple things,"should all be found back here cause of what they do,usually theyd be given by workers."

"Ok,"she gave me a small nod with a smile before continuing forward.Well gee I suck at small talk,then again she did hate my guts until a few hours ago.I groaned internally,I'm awkward so why'd I try?

I shrugged to myself as I watched her go around the back,picking things up every now and then while I read the the list out loud to her.It only took a couple of minutes,"alright,I think thats about it."

We both heard something hit the floor,probabaly Glenn,but seeing as we were mostly done grabbing things we both decided to head back towards him just to make sure.As we headed back to the front of the store my nose suddenly caught the whiff of something,Thats weird,why didnt I smell it before?

Taking a few more steps forward the scent became stronger but I didn't see anything.

Is there a walker in here? I'm pretty sure I cant just be smelling myself.

My ear twitched at a sudden movement,it was barely noticable.

Without thinking I reached forward and clutched Maggie's hand ,this got her attention as I pulled her against me,the suddeness of my actions had made her to drop the bag she was holding."What's wrong?"

"Ther-," I pushed her onto the floor as the walker that had been hidden the entire time raced forward towards Maggie. Where the hell did it come from?With her on the floor in shock I pulled out my knife and blocked it's path to Maggie,it still came towards us though with me in front the walker was beginning to lose her scent.

"Y/N,"she grabbed hold of my hand, this small action attracted the walker and made it crash into me,I fell back having not been balanced.

"Dammit Maggie!" I complained while wrapping my hands around the walkers neck in an attempt to get it away from Maggie,who I was now unfortunately on top of. It kept trying to bite at her through me,I am not letting myself get exposed cause of this shit. I felt its teeth lightly scratch at my neck,nothing can happen to ne of course but that doesnt mean it didnt piss me off.Fuck you! I slipped my hands to the walkers chest and with half my strength I pushed him away easily slamming him into a wall facing opposite of us.

I quickly got up to get to the walker,although I did it more to stop basically laying on top of Maggie who hadn't said anything about it. Maybe out of fright? With the walker in sight I aimed at its head and finally threw the knife watching as it sliced into his forehead.He finally went still.

I felt my shoulders begin to droop,"So annoying."

With a sigh coming from me I heard someone run towards us,this time though I wasn't worried as the familiar scent had me rolling my eyes.Glenn. His eyes were wide after having heard the commotion but they returned to their regular ,intended,size as he laid eyes on me pulling my knife out of the walker and Maggie picking up the backpack with no obvious injuries.

"You're both ok,"his eyes switched between both of us,"Right?"

I turned to look at Maggie who held a smile on her face,though I could see it struggling to stay up as she would glance over at the dead walker,what is with her and us killing walkers? I don't get it. "Don't worry ,Y/N took care of it."

i cleared my throat,"R-right,"I looked away from them both as I remembered that the walker had touched a small part of my neck,or at least it had felt like it at the time.Reaching up I searched my neck and felt just one drop of blood,huh,he actually did get me,that's a first in a while.

Grabbing part of my hood I pulled on it to wipe my neck clean,the small cut had already closed itself up,thankfully,and now I had nothing to worry about.With that done I turned around to see Glenn with a red face and wide eyes,fidgiting in place and Maggie raising her eyebrow at him amused as she pointed at something in his hand.

I didn't even take that long,what did I miss? I walked up to him with his eyes still trained on Maggie and pulled the small package out of his hand.This got him to unfreeze and react,"Wai-that isn't,it's not what it looks like!"

My mind went blank for a moment before my face completely matched Maggie's as they made their way to Glenn's even more embarrassed face,"Condoms? Really."

His face become even more red if possible,"I wasn't gonna get them! I swear,I had barely picked them up to see what it was when I ran over!"

I stayed silent after giving him a shrug as a response before I tossed the condoms back at him,which he caught,before making my way to the front door."I'm gonna go look around for a bit,I'll be back in a bit."

Maggie decided to finally let out her amusement of the situation by laughing,quite loudly at Glenn who seemed to be having a mental breakdown.He continued to yell out excuses only making Maggie laugh more,

Glenn,you're a dork.

( Rick POV )

"You need to reconsider,"it came out my mouth before I could even complete the thought of it,but just seeing my group trying to settle up here just to move on wasn't right.Herschel took no time to answer back.

"I beg your pardon?"

I opened my mouth to speak but I shut it,thinking of the consequences of trying to fight back,in the end my mouth opened up and I turned around to face him,"Asking us to leave,"I finally made eye contact with him,"You need to reconsider." He stayed silent but that didn't mean he would back down,I have to find a way to make him understand,"If you saw how it is out there,you wouldn't ask.You're a man of belief,"I noticed the smallest change in his struggling eyes,"If you believe anything,believe that."

A bit more staring before his closed and he began to shake his head,"You're puttin me on the spot."

I sighed,looking down,it's not like I meant to hide it.He doesn't understand the stuff that's out there,especially when he's here secluded on a farm,"Well,I mean to." I swallowed before gesturing over to my group,"those people look to me for answers.I wish they didn't but they do,but I'm not asking for them,or myself." His eyes understood after that,but I didn't finish,"I'm asking for my boy."

He looked away from me instantly,"After the price your friend Otis paid,the least you could do is give it some thought."I heard him sigh,his head raising slowly to be even with mine,"You're a plain spoken man Rick-"

"I'm a father,"he stopped talking as I cut him off,I walked past him and sat down on the porches steps,"He's the one thing I don't wanna fail,and,"I sighed as I looked down with my arms resting on my knee caps,"I feel like I do everyday."We both stayed quiet for a bit,he probably rather hear me talk than say something yet,"You know,I lied to him this morning.It wasn't a big lie,but it was enough."

He walked closer to me and out stretched one of his legs to rest it on one of the porches steps,"My father didn't bother with comforting lies,"I slowly looked up to his face,"he used his fists."To this I paid more attention,he noticed and looked at me,"He was a loveless,violent drunk and no good to anybody.He drove me from home when I was 15,"he looked away to look at the house he now called home,"Didn't lay eyes on this place again for many years." He sighed before looking back down,"I was not at his deathbed Rick,I would not grant him that.To this day,I do not regret that."

"Some men do not earn the love of their sons,"he stopped talking to turn around and join me in sitting down on the steps,"I don't see you having that problem."

Does this mean he- I raised my head and looked to the side,"Does this mean you'll consider my request?"

He looked forward,his eyes watching my group interact with each other in peace,"There are aspects to this,things I can't and won't discuss."He suddenly sat up straight and looked at me,"But,if you and your people respect my rules,"I slightly raised my eyebrow at him,"No Promises,but, I will consider it."

I nodded at him,"You have my word,"he said before getting up along with me to which we shook hands. I answered back,"You have mine,"before we both made our way back into the house.

~~

I walked in the room Lori and Carl were in with a smile on my face as I saw them both,Carl seemed to still be asleep.I made my way over to a chair that was placed next to the bed,"I'll sit with him for now,you can go rest."

She looked over at me with her tired eyes,"he was awake earlier,while you were out,"she brushed his hair softly with her hand,"He asked about you."

After giving him a kiss on the head she said goodbye and left me alone with him,my previous conversation with Herschel repeating itself over and over in my head.I sighed as I rested my head against my hand,All I ask is that he lets us be for my boy.

( Your POV )

We all had begun to make our way back,though it was all in slightly awkward silence? Lets just say I walked into something that I probably shouldn't have seen after scouring the small town for anything that I personally would find useful.I was looking down at my hands that held the reigns to the horse,I can't even be upset about it for the fact that I'm one of the walkers and I'm technically dead flesh...but I do totally wish I hadn't been there to see it. It took them a while to realize my presence too which kinda made it worse. With that in mind I stared at the other two who were just slightly ahead of me on the horses,"Guy's did I really take long enough for that to happen?"

They both froze and looked away from each other,"It was a one time thing and it's never happening again!"

Glenn looked at her who sped up to get in front of both of us while Glenn slowed down to get in pace with me,once close enough he looked at me,"Umm,sorry you had to uh...see.....that."

I just shrugged at him,and while he just stared incredulous at my reaction I continued like normal,"It seems more like you fucked up than me,the worst that happened is I got to see you both naked,and,no offense,but I never wanted to see that."

"Uh,Y/N?"

With my hands resting in front of me gripping the reigns I twisted my body to face Glenn who's face slowly turned into a tomato,"What?"

"Do you,"he paused slightly,probably in an attempt to calm himself down so his face wouldn't be as red,"Do you think we could erm,ever-"

"No."

I faced forward beginning to go faster in hopes of catching up to Maggie who was in her own world not even noticing me and Glenns conversation,"But I didn't even finish asking."

"It doesn't matter if you didn't,the answer is still no!"

~~~

I sighed,"Finally we're back,"Maggie seemed content with arrival as well while Glenn continued to stay quiet after everything that had occurred through the three of us.I just want to get away from this situation already,I hate human interaction.I raised my arms up to stretch them over,maybe I should get a pet?

While Glenn secured the horses ropes to a tree me and Maggie grabbed the bags and headed towards the house where we were confronted by Herschel,"Everything go alright?"

I nodded at him while Maggie said,"Fine.Nothing happened."

He seemed slightly content with the answer but the look she had in her eyes while she said this made him look over at Glenn with distrust,ok,now I really wish I hadn't left or walked in on that.I handed Maggie both bags,she thanked me before slipping away and into the house with Herschel on her trail,that's when I heard the front door open with Lori coming out and headed straight for me and Glenn.

Once she was close enough to us she spoke,"Did you find it?"

With eyes trained on both of us we nodded,I went behind Glenn to his bag,reached into a particular pocket and pulled out the small white rectangular box that was wrapped in a clear bag,the instant I handed it to her she ripped it out of my hands and hid it into the back of her shirt.I don't know how the fuck that's gonna work but whatever.

She continued staring at both of us wondering if we would say anything,Glenn who had had enough stuff to deal with today just walked passed Lori,her eyes trailed him before swerving back and landing on me,I noticed her breathing was uneven.She's in distress."Y/N?"

"What? Do you want me to tell you what I think about you doing this?"

She looked down at the ground,her hands still at her back as she "hid" the package that was basically going to become an attempt to abort her baby.I know why she's struggling to choose,have the kid and find out it doesn't belong to her husband or kill the kid so no one will ever even find out that she got pregnant from two possibilities: Shane or her husband Rick.

I sighed rather loudly to get her attention and eyes back up to me,even so having a baby in this mess of a situation isn't the greatest."Lori,"her eyes shot up to meet mine,"What I say or think about you doing that,doesn't really matter.It'll go in one ear and out the other."

She opened her mouth to say something but quickly shut it again,"I'm just gonna say this,Choose wisely Lori.Whether it be to get rid of it,or not. Either way,make the wrong decision in your eyes and you'll forever regret it."

She said nothing just,stared,so I patted her right shoulder before heading towards the camp the group had set up,I was supposed to go into the house,but seeing as both Glenn and Maggie went in,I rather not.

It seems in the past week that my body is finally getting back at me for basically starving myself,

anywho I got a sore throat with ear pain,the entire week it was so painful to eat that I kinda refused it and then on wednesday ,somehow while alone at home working on a school project,I got PINK EYE.How the f-did I get pink eye,in both of my eye by the way.God I hate life.

I think I'm on spring break,but honestly I don't even know anymore.

Hope you enjoyed! Even though its short.

~CKS

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

6.5K 196 27
Rick Grimes was always there for Leona when she needed him so, upon hearing about his injuries resulting from a high-speed chase, she dropped everyth...
13.9K 209 30
Family. A word that means the world to Theo. But what happens when that world is breaking? No matter how many things go right, double that goes wrong...
1.6K 55 42
Hey all, this is a book I have actually been writing this book since I was a freshmen in high school. Its about my town and the people I have grown u...
5.8K 234 42
***Currently editing*** How many hours are in a day when you don't spend half of them watching television? When is the last time any of us really wo...