Chasing December (#wattyaward...

By lalamusicisme

There was something about him. Or maybe there was something about me. I didn't want him in my life but he ran... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: As Cute As A Baby's Sneeze
Chapter 2: Serve You With a Side of Eggs
Chapter 3: Lysol; Incase I Have to Take Some Eyes Out
Chapter 4: We Can Make Our Own Later
Chapter 5: What Are You Doing Out So Late?
Chapter 6: I Drool Looking At You With Clothes On
Chapter 7: All Is Fair In Fighting, Except Weapons
Chapter 8: If You Want Me Just Ask
Chapter 10: Curiosity Killed The Cat
Chapter 11: It's Simple Arithmetic
Chapter 12: You Like Watching Me Sleep Or Something?
Chapter 13: Your Lips Are Dry
Chapter 14: Like In The Movies
Chapter 15: Accidents Cause People
Chapter 16: Ranger Toto
Chapter 17: Anatomy Has No Time Code
Chapter 18: Probably Give Me Rabies
Chapter 19: You Want To Touch It Then Be My Guest
Chapter 20: Not Stay Up While You Try To Seduce Me
Chapter 21: Leave A Girl Thirstier Than the Sahara
Chapter 22: A Bull That Sees Red
Chapter 23: Create A Nudist Colony
Chapter 24: Shirtless and Mouthwatering
Chapter 25: My Birthday Suit For Your Birthday
Chapter 26: I'm Not Getting Naked
Chapter 27: Where Do Babies Come From?
Chapter 28: You Were From Two Different Worlds
Chapter 29: Paths Along the Constellations
Chapter 30: Never Ending Game Of Tug-O-War
Chapter 31: Valentine's Day Love Child
Chapter 32: Either Come Closer Or Get Out
Chapter 33: V-Card for V-day And Your B-Day
Chapter 34: Pretty Sure You're Hot Now
Chapter 35: I'm the Bunny & I Hurt the Snake
Chapter 36: The Bad Guys Always Pay
Chapter 37: Like Such A Damsel
Chapter 38: I Got You December
Epilogue
Deleted Scenes/Drafts/Songs/Extras

Chapter 9: Killed The 'He's A Heartthrob' Emotion

100K 2.5K 728
By lalamusicisme

Chapter 9: Killed the He's a Heartthrob Emotion Quickly or It's Kinky

Slideshow to the side!!!! Thanks for making them. I love banners.

Comment and Vote please (The longer the comments, the better.)

"Take the first step in faith. You do not have to know the whole staircase, just take the first step."-Martin Luther King Jr.

"Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize that they were the big things."-Robert Brault

December’s Pov.

“What do you mean, Tristan?” She screeched in face. Remember this is Anna we’re talking about. She’s never the type to raise her voice at someone or even tell them off, so he must have something to seriously piss her off.

“What did Tristan say this time?” Hunter sighed and started to make his way over to the table. The other people that were out there said nothing; they were barely even paying attention to the two.

When we made it over to the table, they were both absolutely silent. No one said a word. Hunter and I sat down and ate our food quietly, while Anna and Tristan had a staring contest.

I reached over and grabbed a chip off Hunter’s plate to which he just playfully tapped my hand. I stuck my tongue out at him a popped the chip in my mouth happily.

Hunter looked over to the left of him to see Anna and Tristan still staring at each other. “Dude quit staring at her,” he said and hit him in the back of the head. Tristan just glared a hole into Hunter, and that boy just shrugged at him.

“Anna what happen?” Hunter asked his attention now on her. He took one of my fries and chewed it, before raising an eyebrow at her.

“Nothing, your friend is just stupid.” Anna replied, staring down at the yellow outside lunch tables.

“And she’s not as innocent as she appears. She’s a fucking shrew.” And there goes Tristan being a little too honest for anyone’s comfort levels.

“I am not a shrew! I’m surprised you even knew what that word meant you ignoramus.”She raised her voice once again, it went up and octave and her eyes were on fire.

“I know what that means too, you stick in the mud.” He replied flipping his blond hair out of his eyes.

The fact that Tristan was so calm and Anna was tense made it obvious who was having the most control and winning whatever argument they were having. I was about to jump in but Hunter put his hand on top of mine. I looked at him and he made a face that told me to ‘just let them handle it’. I was ready to defend my friend in any situation, but it wasn’t like he called her a bitch, he knew better then to go that far.

Lunch was pretty much tense for the rest of the period. After, Hunter and I went to our class we had together and Tristan and Anna went their separate ways without so much as a word. I was dying to find out. But no one would tell me a thing, no matter how much I persisted.

***

“Are you coming over today?” I asked Hunter on our walk home after school. I needed to know because I was sure that my parents were coming home today and I would not be getting into trouble over this idiot.

“Probably, or I’m taking you out. I have no idea what I’m doing today, kind of just going with the flow.” He replied walking backwards down the sidewalk. “I mean if you wanted to do something that’s usually done in the dark today; I’m fine with that too.” He added raising his eyebrows up and down.

“No Hunter,” I rolled my eyes pushing him slightly. He didn’t move one inch and all I felt was smooth solid chest muscle. My mouth slightly opened for like half a second but he caught it and smirked about it.

Hunter was about to make a smart ass remark but abruptly turned his head to the side and stopped walking causing me to run into him. I ran smack into his chest and he balanced me, not even looking at me. He was squinting into the distance.

“Hunter wh—” I began to ask but he silenced me with his finger on my lips. I looked to where he was but didn’t see anything or hear anything. What was he listening for?

Hunter began running, pulling me along and on to the side of a brick building. “What is going on?” I whispered pushing my finger into his chest. We were in same position as we were at school when the teacher came by except Hunter was pressed against me and standing his full height. He looked down and me and just pointed to the entrance of the alley.

A police car that I was sure was my Uncles passed by slowly. They didn’t notice us along the alley wall pressed up against each other. From any bystander it looked like two lovers not being able to contain themselves, but it really was two people hiding from a police officer with a vendetta for the boy.

He lifted up, no longer trapping me between his chest and the wall. All I could do was stare at this boy who I’m coming to know more and more each day. “Who are you?”

“I’m Hunter, someone you thought you knew all about. You don’t, but you’ll figure it out.” He smiled, mystery swirling in his eyes. It made me so much more curious to find out who he was. He was like a flame and I was the moth; a trap to a poor unsuspecting animal.

***

I was in my kitchen watching yet another side of Hunter that I was newly discovering. He was cooking two steaks that smelt delicious. He added spices that I didn’t even know we had in the kitchen and red cooking wine into the steaks and the smell wafted throughout the house.

I watched him from our breakfast nook. I watched as he concentrated on the steaks simmering on stove. His face was content, smooth, and handsome; every now and then he would scrunch his eyebrows in concentration but other than that it was just normal. His long, golden tan arms would reach for a sauce and you could see his veins and muscles move with him. He was truly a sight for sore eyes. I would never tell him that, or give him any idea that I realized how good he looked. because looks could be deceiving.

I didn't know when my parents would be home so this could be dangerous. “Who knew you could cook?”

“I have a lot of charming qualities about me, January. Later I’ll be asking how you like your breakfast.” He winked and turned back towards the stove like he didn’t just say something so sexual.

“I don’t even have a reply for that, because I don’t think ‘no you won’t’ will suffice.” He laughed and it was very melodic, another charming quality to add to the list. Ugh, he was annoying. He turned to look at me but instead looked past me and saw lights flashing in the living room window. “Hunter hide.”

I turned the steaks off and Hunter bound into the nearest closet. I took the skillet off the burner and sat it to the side picking up two plates, one under the other. I slid both steaks onto one plate and stashed two knives and forks in my pocket.

I tried to get out of the kitchen with two drinks but before I could my parents were already making their way to me.

“Wow that smells wonderful December! What did you make?” My mom asked stepping into the kitchen and then looking down on my plate. I looked at her; she was wearing a pair of suit pants and a classy shirt. My dad followed after, him in business suit. “Two steaks? That’s a lot for you, isn’t it?”

I faked a laugh and replied “Well I haven’t really eaten all day and I’m hungry. Besides I was saving this one for later, but just in case I’m hungry enough to eat it, I will.” They seemed to buy it and started walking further into the kitchen towards the fridge.

“Well you’ll have to make us a couple, one day.” My dad said pulling on his tie. I gave a low ‘sure’ and started going to my room. I probably never would make one for them, they’re always gone. I didn’t even bother to ask when they were leaving again.

Once I got to my room and closed the door I finally remembered that Hunter was still trapped downstairs! Shit, shit, shit. I didn’t know what to do. I probably had to make a distraction. I’m so dead, I’m so dead. They are going to kill me for having a boy in the house with them not being here. I’m going to be shipped off for the rest of my life. I was over-thinking. But how was Hunter going to get his way out of this one?

I slipped out of my door and stood at the top of the stairs not having a definite plan for anything. Then I saw Hunter slither from side of the corner. His steps coming up the stairs were light and unheard. I swear every time I took a step on those stairs it sounded like an elephant breaking them. No matter how light I tried to be, they would creak.

Once he made it up to the top where I was standing I couldn’t help but look at him with awe; my jaw hanging and my eyes wide. I was standing against the banister and Hunter moved closer and I backed up a bit the banister pushing into my bottom. He moved closer with a smirk, licking his lips seductively.

“Amazed?” He asked whispering into my ear. My breathing hitched and I wanted to drool, but this is Hunter. He wasn’t my type; he’s only into me because he wants to sleep with me. So I killed the ‘he’s a heartthrob’ emotion quickly.

“To be honest yeah I was. Now let’s get into my room before we actually get caught.” I stage whispered tugging at his blue, white, and black, colored Ralph Lauren flannel. He only smiled and allowed me to pull him inside.

“I knew you’d invited me in.” Knowing Hunter he was going to try to turn it even dirtier then he already did.

“No, to your thoughts, eat your food while I go get us some drinks.”

I crept down the stair seeing my parents in the living room watching some TV. The house was dark so I was going to pull a Hunter stealth mode. This was difficult because I already messed up when I came down the stairs. Like I said I was loud. I’m a skinny girl, not much to me, but those stairs could creak with a feather on them. How Hunter managed to do it will always confused me. I swear it supported the thief theory of why he was sent to jail.

I reached open the fridge and grabbed two bottles of juice and bound up the stairs not caring if my parents heard me. It didn’t really matter anyway.

When I made it back to my room Hunter was lounging on my bed eating away. He was lying on his stomach, vertically, facing the TV. He wasn’t a messy eater; it looked as if he knew etiquette; which was weird. My television was on and he was watching some reality show on VH1. I’m not really sure.

He looked over at me and patted the spot next to him. I sighed and reluctantly took the spot next to him and starting eating.

“This weekend we’re going over to my house. I have a trampoline there.”

I gave him a funny look. “How old are we Hunter? A trampoline, really?” I laughed shaking my head at the confusing, mysterious boy on the left of me.

“They say ‘act your shoe size, not your age.’ I stick to that.”

“Hunter, it’s the other way around. Its act your age, not your shoe size” once again shaking my head.

“Hey I take it and put it in my own words.”

We stayed like that watching random TV shows and asking each other questions for about an hour or two. More than I’m willing to admit, I liked Hunter’s inference in my life; although I’d never tell him that. My goal is still to get as much life experience from him, while keeping him a distance at the same time.

As the night got later I went to the bathroom to change into my pajamas and when I came back Hunter was pulling up his basketball shorts that he slept in.

“What are you doing?” I asked wondering why he was dressed so comfortably.

“Oh I need somewhere to crash. I hope you don’t mind.” He replied carelessly belly flopping back onto my bed.

“Actually I do mind. Hunter, I let you stay last time because we were in two different rooms.”

“I’ll sleep on the floor.” He pleaded and I wasn’t going to be able to get rid of him.

“Only this time.” I told him while I locked my door. I would have to get up early to make sure my mom doesn’t have to wake me up.

“I’ll be gone before you wake to go home, shower, and change but I’ll be back to walk to school.”

“Whatever,” I replied as if I didn’t care.

I got him a couple of blankets and a pillow and he made a pallet on the floor. We fell asleep to reruns of Charmed.

When I awoke in the morning Hunter really wasn’t there and my mom was knocking on my door. I got up and unlocked it in a hurry.

“Why was your door locked?” My mom asked stepping into my room. Good thing Hunter picked up after himself. I was a light sleeper, I woke up at even the slightest noise. How could he have gotten out of here? I wasn’t going to even question how he got the plates back downstairs.

“Oh, I don’t know. Probably was changing and forgot to unlock it.” I replied quickly.

“Okay, well I made breakfast so hurry and get dressed, so you won’t be late for school. Am I dropping you off?” That was odd; she never dropped me off or offered any other time. They usually didn’t have the time.

“No I’m fine. I’ll just walk.” I didn’t think she remembered Hunter and honestly I was hoping she didn’t. But just like life always did; it didn’t go my way.

“Of course you don’t want me to! That cute boy is walking you to school isn’t he?” She giggled like a school girl hearing the latest gossip.

“Mooom,” I whined walking past her and into my closet. She left the room giggling while I got dressed in a light blue polka-dot tank top with black jeans and my trusty gray converse. When I made it down to the kitchen my Dad was drinking a cup of coffee and so was my mom. She was trying to drown her giggles in her coffee, but I could hear her anyway. I just rolled my eyes eating on my scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast.

When I was finished I looked at my phone. It was about the time Hunter and I always left for school so I waved goodbye to my parents making my way outside.

I looked around and there was no sign of Hunter. He said he was going to be back, I rolled my eyes and was about to start walking when I felt breath on my neck I flipped around and screamed.

Hunter slid his hand over my mouth to stop my scream short. “Now November, you know your Uncle would be here at the slightest tilt of the earth. No need to get us both in trouble because you’re screaming in once again another way that’s not pleasurable for both of us.”

I tried to speak but they came out muffled because of his hand over my mouth so I licked him. He merely smiled at me keeping his hand there. “Hey, I don’t mind the licking. It’s pretty kinky. I knew weirdos like you were into stuff like that.” I gave him a light shove to that comment and he removed himself and stepped back starting to walk with a bright smile on his face.

We were halfway to school when a sleek, black car pulled up next to us. Jeremy poked his head out the window with a bright smile and a dimple in his left cheek.

“Hey Losers, where you heading?”

“To Narnia. Where the fuck else do you think we’re going?” Hunter asked sarcastically.

“Seriously? Shit I want to come!” Jeremy added on flipping Hunter’s sarcasm on himself.

“I want to go too!” Another voice called out from inside the car, on the passenger’s side. I looked inside a little and I could tell it was the guy that I saw walking with Tristan. His curly brown hair was more tamed than the other day, he was wearing a green shirt from what I could tell and he glanced at me with a calculating smile. The smile wasn't a creepy one, it was more of a 'I know something about you, that you dont know'; the kind that little kids give you when they hear a secret. He also had a sick looking scar on the left side of his neck, other than that he was handsome in his own way.

“Well, we should let you two youngsters go to school.” Jeremy smiled looking straight ahead as if he was so much older.

“You’re only a year older dummy.” Hunter replied looking at him as if he was stupid.

Jeremy just shot us one more beaming smile before speeding off. And when I say speeding I mean it, he took off so fast you could see tire streaks on the ground. He was definitely going to get pulled over. But he was Hunter’s friend, so of course he didn’t care. Nor would he probably get caught.

Who was the guy in the car? Why wouldn’t Hunter tell me his name? Although Tristan didn’t like me too much, I’d try to get it out of him. He seemed like my best bet for solid answers.

Hunter and I arrived at school about seven minutes and a million innuendos later. I was boggled to see Tristan leaning against the wall next to Anna who was whispering to him harshly.

“Here we go again. This time we’re going to get straight answers from them.” Hunter sighed pulling me along to where our friends stood.

“What’s the problem between you two?” Hunter asked before any type of greeting.

“He’s rude and what he says doesn’t need to be said all the time.” Anna replied rolling her eyes.

“That’s the type of person Tristan is, if you can’t handle the truth then you might not even want to look his way.” Hunter shrugged.

“No, I understand the truthfulness, what I don’t like is the opinion he has about people and things.” Anna said smoothing down her red shirt. She was dressed in blue shorts, black tights, a red undershirt and a black flannel with red converse.

“Anna and Tristan are literally polar opposites,” I laughed. The irony was too extreme, this would have been a perfect moment to show them their picture but I’ll hold onto that for a little bit longer. “But seriously what were you arguing about?”

And you were right there waiting for my cover to fall; I didn't see you at all. I didn't see you coming there were no signs of warning and you came from behind. It's not right, it's not right. You're not playing fair, I didn't see you there.-Fefe Dobson, Didn’t See You Coming

So find me stuck in the scene I wanna get out but there's no in-between. So I sit back as I watch the crowd go, never assuming that I've sunken so low. If I wanna be free I gotta stop playing round and running from me. Cause all of the plastic that have shown me woe. They got my head feeling low, no one to throw.-Electric Guest, This Head I Hold

Why do all good girls like the bad boys?Like a moth to a flame, I guess I'm back here again.Tell me why the dark side just captures my eye, I know that you're a villain but I can't stop this feeling.-Jadyn Maria,Good Girls Like Bad Boys(found this song wayy after I wrote the chapter but it applies a lot lol)

What do you love about Hunter's character?  Do you like Hunter's cute little comments to December?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

181K 4.7K 33
Skylar and Damon are two different kind of people. Damon is a player and Skylar is a good girl. She isn't an innocent girl like most may expect but s...
54.8K 2.4K 64
"You good, babe? You kinda seem a bit off today." "How so?" I asked, even though I knew the answer to that question. Damien answered, "Well you haven...
1.5K 64 30
He took a whiff of his cigarette before pulling me close to him. My heart was thumping so hard against my chest that I was afraid he'd feel it as I w...
119K 3.2K 29
I left behind the scared girl I was. I didn't want to be her anymore, and standing up to those who bully is what I should have done from the beginnin...