Finding myself

By Just_for_a_change

IIHighest rank no: 3II What are the repercussions of a rejection? 1. Getting numb 2. Failing to care about a... More

Legend
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
A/N
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
YOU GUYS MAKE ME SO HAPPY!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
IMPORTANT!!!
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
So sorry!(Yes this is another one of those dingy notes)
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Notice
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Please read
Happy new year
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
IMPORTANT
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Please read
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Important
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Chapter 101
Chapter 102
Chapter 103
Chapter 104
Chapter 105
Chapter 106
Chapter 107
Chapter 108
Chapter 109
Chapter 110
Chapter 111
Chapter 112
Chapter 113
Chapter 114
Chapter 115
Chapter 116
Chapter 117
Chapter 118
Chapter 119
Chapter 120
Chapter 121
Chapter 122
Epilogue
Q&A

Chapter 33

7.4K 401 490
By Just_for_a_change

Blaze POV

"Why didn't you tell me she was your daughter?" I asked Dex.

He was standing to the side of the hospital room, leaning on the wall, tensed and brooding. Probably thinking about Zara. To be honest I am concerned too. She looked to be in a bad shape. It must hurt a lot. But I am also confident that she can take care of herself.

His luna was also there, bottle feeding Zara's youngest sister- Gracie was it?

And Hailey was just typing away on her mobile.

This is all so new to me. My mate, who I thought was an omega is actually an alpha's daughter? Why, what happened?

"Well, you didn't tell me you rejected her either." He growled at me.

How dare he use that tone with me. Only Zara has the right to do that.

That thought made me pause. It is true though. She is my equal. I could still feel Xavier's pride. If he had really give it a shot I guess he would have a bruised ego. But let's admit it neither Zara nor I could really go to our full extent.

"Watch your tone," I informed him coldly.

He sighed but refused to give me an explanation.

This is so frustrating.

Jem was still handling the commotion outside and I couldn't move out of this bed. The bandaged skin really hurt.

But I still acknowledged her. Not as a mate. But a worthy rival. I know I have been feeling down these past few days. I didn't know what I was missing. Now I do. I needed a worthy rival. And she is exactly what I need. In this sense.

She is someone strong enough to take me on, challenge me, taunt me and bring out the better in me in every sense. Yes, this is exactly what I needed.

Being rained alone can get very boring. Now I have something to aim for. I should order her to come train with me with all my personal training with the alphas. Maybe there we can continue our match. I know it may not be that easy convince her.

Xavier growled in approval.

That love-struck wolf. He will do anything to get closer to her. I rolled my eyes. This is the first time he has even responded to me so positively in years.

Normally, the fact that anyone coming to beat me irks me. But when in it comes to her. I feel like I am fine.

However, there is still something nagging me. I think only I felt it because ia am the king or maybe because I was closer to her. Her wolf, what's her name?

Zian

Of course, Xavier would know. Zian, something is definitely wrong with her.

I don't know what exactly. But it is something similar to some of the rare cases I have witnessed when wolves come out prematurely.

It is a very serious case because if these wolves are not disciplined, the chances of them going savage are high. Such wolves usually change due to some kind of trauma and they are normally brought to me.

They can become a danger to themselves and everyone around them. They would need some therapy to get back to normal. These wolves tend to be strongest than normal as they are fuelled by an unhealthy amount of rage. The human half feeling extreme negative emotions such as sadness or regret or even guilt can reflect on a wolf, their more primitive animal side as rage.

Animals only see in black and white, their emotions are raw, direct and powerful. And for them, anger is the easiest outlet for such emotions.

When I fought Zara's wolf, the rage I felt from Zian was something very similar. Only on a much, much more mass scale than I have ever experienced. The only difference was that it was very much controlled. Such emotional control is a bit scary even to me.

It was such pure negativity that she showed- hatred, rage. Such a savage feel. Any wolf would have gone berserk with these emotions. They would have wreaked havoc.

Maybe it is because she is an alpha's daughter. She certainly has the qualities of a Luna. At least in strength and leadership that I already know of.

Whatever the reason, I have to keep an eye on her. Because such wolves often blinded by their rage are blind to the fact that they wreak more havoc in themselves than to anyone around. In other words, they destroy themselves more than anyone else.

This is something only known to high ranking wolves like alphas, betas and myself as access to such a state can give a wolf an insurmountable amount of power...at the risk of their lives. Used wrongly, it can cause mass destruction.

That's why such cases are immediately brought to me in short notice by alphas themselves if something like this happens to their pack members.

I am not sure this is the exact case as such wolves are usually rabid. Zara's wolf was on a tight leash. The energy was very similar though.

Could it be that my treatment towards her, brought out her wolf?

I shook my head. If that's true, I would really feel guilty. I shook my head to come back to the present.

I need to know what really happened to her.

I sat up on the bed with the nurse's assistance.

"Dex, we need to talk," I told him. He tensed a bit but didn't move.

The nurses took this as a queue to leave but his Luna stayed put.

"Dex" I warned.

He came and pulled out a chair nearest to my bed and sat down.

I looked over to her.

"I am staying." She said determinedly.

"She is my daughter too."

I smiled at her stubbornness. She reminds me a lot of a certain someone.

She handed Gracie over to a maid and told Hailey to go play outside before joining us.

"Dex. Start explaining from the beginning." She told him with her hands crossed over her chest.

"Sweetheart. I know I told you that you had all your memories after you woke up. But..." he started

"But you were lying. I remember everything now" She said with looking away from him.

"What memories are we talking about?" I enquired.

"I guess we should start at the beginning," Dex said looking at his wife.

"When Zara was 7, we were attacked by the vampires. "

Wait, what? Why weren't any of the other packs informed about this?

"Before you fire me with questions, just let me explain," he said.

"It was a direct attack from the vampire king himself- Samuel."

What? There must be a big reason for this.

"He was... he was in love with Athelia." Dex said running his hands over his face. I knew he was stressed.

Woah, the vampire king in love with a werewolf? That is interesting!

"That's why my primary focus was on protecting her during the attack. She was also pregnant that time and we were also trying to protect the unborn baby. But she panicked about Zara and... well, she got caught with Sam and Zara in her bedroom. She got... a blow to her head and I was too late."

Dex said his head hanging low.

"But that was not the real reason was it?" Athelia said.

And Dex shook his head.

"No, he was actually after Zara," Dex concluded.

"I was a horrible father at the time. My mate was injured and I... wrongly accused Zara, a child of seven for it."

My wolf whined with all the painful experiences our mate had to go through. My rejection seemed to have been just an icing on the cake.

"But after a while, I did come back to my senses and that's when I got a letter from Samuel telling me that he wanted Zara and he was coming for her. I had already lost my mate at the time and I couldn't bear losing my daughter too. I wanted her to have a normal life. Not one where she kept running away from someone. I wanted a peaceful life for her. So I decided to take advantage of my behavior with her for the past few months and took it to the next level."

"You sent her off with Anastasia? Were you out of your mind?" Luna said getting up from her chair and walking around the room,

"You know she is an omega and you know she was jealous of you. Of course, she would take advantage of the situation. I can only imagine what Zara had to go through when she stayed with that evil woman." She seethed.

"I didn't think through, ok? And it seemed the best option at the time. You were bedridden Athelia, I could hardly function properly." Dex shouted.

Now that I thought about it, I do remember seeing Zara in the kitchen with an apron. Or even that one night while I was training outside when the wind carried a whiff of her scent to me... with the scent of blood. Could it be that Anastasia abused her... verbally, mentally and... physically? Didn't her aunt who is an omega get an extra luxurious room, just because her 'daughter' did some kitchen duties? I remember reading about it in the documents of the banished rogues.

Oh my god, this story is just spinning out of control. I would not be surprised if her wolf came out prematurely. Actually now I have a strong suspicion about it.

"I wanted Zara to be safe. I admit I didn't go about it the best way. But my intentions were pure. She tried to call me so she might have felt left alone... " he trailed of seeming to be remembering something.

"But you could have called her back after I woke up." The Luna said

"Instead of hiding it from me and lying to me. The whole pack lied to me because of you. And you removed all photos and memory of her. How could you?" the luna shouted.

Dex went over to her and hugged his crying mate to calm her down. The magic of a mate's touch.

"I don't want to hear anything. Do you hear me? I don't want to even see you until you get my daughter back for me." She said pushing him away.

Then she stormed to the door and slammed it shut leaving behind a desolate Dex.

"She will come around." He told me.

"I still don't understand one thing though. Why did Samuel come for Zara?"

"I don't know, I think it may have something to do with our family legend."

"Legend?"

"Look I am not sure how this all connects. I need to research and I will let you know as soon as I find out." He said and trotted to the door.

But before he could slip outside he stopped.

"And Blaze, I dot care if you are the alpha king or not, if you hurt my daughter again..."

He left it at that and slammed the door shut. I cannot suppress a father's love for his daughter. I sighed.

He should look at himself before warning me.

I had a feeling he was hiding something from me. Something important. But I trust Dex. He will tell me when the time is right. For the time being, I should keep a close eye on Zara and make sure Samuel stays far away from her.

Zara POV

"Drink," Sam said.

I looked down at the glass of scentless, clear liquid in front of me. It looked like water. But it was far from it. Every werewolf could sense it from a distance. It gives them goosebumps and makes their hair stand on its edge... in a bad way. It is our only weakness. Wolfsbane.

"I said drink." His cold voice broke my reverie.

Inside I was wincing at the prospect of drinking a whole glass of this poison. But outside I looked as calm as ever.

He stared at me from my phone. He had informed Lexi that he had personally wanted to deal with me and as I couldn't go outside with all this commotion, I had to settle for this.

Sam was really upset with me over what happened. And he had made me pack a bottle of Wolfsbane with me for such occasions.

When I said I don't feel pain in I did not include my internal organs. Drinking Wolfsbane is like drinking concentrated acid for humans.

It will hurt but I will heal. Just like I healed after our fight. I just felt a little tired.

Without further hesitation, I threw my head back and drank the whole contents of the cup.

Ouch, it burns. I held my throat as I swallowed the liquid poison, to prevent myself from spitting the vile thing out.

I could feel it burning all my organs and I bend down even as I sat cross-legged on the floor in the middle of the room.

As soon as Sam saw that I swallowed the whole thing he went offline.

The thing about Wolfsbane is that I can't vomit it out. If I try it just results in more blood loss. So he knows for sure that I can get it out of my system.

That and he can't stand the sight of my blood. It really stirs him.

He must be really upset with me. I clutched my stomach bending down with one arm on my thigh to support myself when I suddenly heard a knock on the door.

Who could be coming at this time? I looked at the clock and saw it was seven. Not as late as I thought.

I out the glass and bottle away. At least it doesn't leave an odor. I limp to the door. My whole body is burning by now. Movement increases the pain. I suck in a breath and stand up straight before opening the door to play it normally.

"What's up Zar-zar? I am in the mood for a movie." Jason skipped in followed by the whole gang.

I can't believe this. Invading Jason's questions might be easy. But Raven and Haze are more perspective than that. How am I supposed to do this? They are acting normal now but I know what they are here for. They want answers. I am in no state to give it or them physically or mentally. I grit my teeth.

"You look well." The chipmunk said taking my face and squishing it in her hands before bounding over to my couch. The rest of the gang including Drake gave me inconspicuous glances before taking their seats. Oh, they are just bursting with questions.

I could already feel the blood rising up to my throat as Jason popped in a CD in my DVD player.

At this rate, the only way I can survive is to camp out in the bathroom the whole night.

Hi, lovelies!

I hope you liked this update. You know the drill. Like, comment and follow me if you like it.

Please comment as much as you can because it is your comments that encourage me.

And guess what? I will make sure to respond to all the comments for the next 24 hours though it may not be immediate. So please share with me what you think. Even if it is an emoji :).

So that's it for today. And here is your daily meme.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 184 34
I've watched and witnessed the mate bond between numerous wolves throughout the years. Werewolves. We all have a mate. One that is meant to be the...
1.7M 41.6K 58
One more step and my whole life changes. I'll become a rogue, all the connections I have with the pack will be lost. Do I really want to do that? Do...
597K 15.1K 22
Werewolf / Romance / Thriller This story is not the typical reject story where the girl get rejected by her alpha mate, and she run away and get back...
22.7K 1.2K 54
"I, Amelia Anderson, reject Nickolas Adams II as my mate." I have had enough. I don't know why I didn't even reject him the second I arrived here. Wh...