Heart buried treasures

By pinkycool012

Highest rankings- #3 in spiritual. #1 in compassion. Faaiz hasnayn is a fa... More

Heart buried treasures
Chapter One:Anger and Frustration
Chapter Two:promises and Proposals
Chapter Three:Introduction and Revelation
Chapter Four:Wedding and Aftermath
Chapter Five:New beginnings and Adjustment
Chapter Six:confrontation and Reality
Author's Note
Chapter seven:Curiosity and Resolution
Chapter eight:Visitation and Conformation
Chapter nine:Disappointment and Differences
Chapter ten:Meetings And Outcome
Chapter eleven:Assertiveness and Declaration
Chapter twelve: Dinner and Disaster
Chapter Thirteen:Acquaintance and Intimacy
Chapter Fourteen:Visit And News
Chapter Fifteen:Trip And Treat
Chapter Seventeen: Invitation And Surprise
Chapter Eighteen:Misunderstanding And Encounter
Chapter Nineteen:Appearance And Preparations
Chapter Twenty:Party And Drama
Chapter Twenty One:Outburst And Decision
Chapter Twenty Two:Challenge And Dispute
Chapter Twenty Three:Memories And Unexpectations
Chapter Twenty Four:Persuasion And Return
Chapter Twenty Five:Transformation And Changes
Chapter Twenty Six:Arrival And Amazement
Chapter Twenty Seven:Illness And Warmth
Chapter Twenty Eight:Connection And Incidence
Chapter Twenty Nine: Bonding And Moment
Chapter Thirty:Clashes And Dispute
Chapter Thirty One:Emotion And Realization
Chapter Thirty Two:Ruefulness And Desperation
Chapter Thirty Three: Discovery And Distraction
Chapter Thirty Four: Instigation And Desperation
Chapter Thirty Five: Disclosure And Consolation
Chapter Thirty Six: Interest And Mildness
Chapter Thirty Seven:Hangout And Bafflement
Chapter Thirty Eight:Bewilderment And Curiosity
Chapter Thirty Nine: Past...
(Glimpse Of The Past)
Chapter Forty: ...And Confessions
Chapter Forty One: Intimacy And Contrition
Chapter Forty Two: Affection And Attractions
Chapter Forty Three: Passion And Trauma
Chapter Forty Four: Grief And Awareness
Chapter Forty Five:Departure And Nostalgia
Last Chapter: Afterwards And Ever after
Epilogue
New book alert

Chapter Sixteen:Weekend And Mischief

1.5K 88 4
By pinkycool012

1k read already!! So exciiiiiiteeeddd!! 😁😁🙆💃💃💃. Thanks y'all😘😘
Here's the much awaited chap! Leggo!! Sorry for the late update😒

It was a bright, sunny morning the next day. The sun shone brightly and the sky was clear blue. Hanan hummed happily as she descended the stairs. Faaiz had called in the midnight claiming he'd gotten to his destination.

Just then Mariam entered the house..
"Good morning granny!" she exclaimed.

"Hmm.. The morning is definitely good." she scrutinized her face and furrowed her eyebrows "What's with this enthusiasm this early morning?"
She inquired folding her arm on her chest.

Hanan grinned. "Nothing really. Does it seem like there is?"

Mariam raised her eyebrow as if not dropping the subject easily. She then moved closer and whispered as if someone else is eavesdropping in their conversation "Is this about my grandson? Huh?"

Hanan shrugged looking away. "Maybe not." And she moved away and started walking towards the living room with Mariam hot on her trail.

She pretended as if she didn't notice and went to sit on the couch and mariam copied her action. She looked everywhere but at her. No one said a word." Granny, what do you want exactly?"

She gave her an innocent look "What do you mean?"

She sighed and ran a hand through her hair. Mariam smiled. Her demeanor changed, and she ran a hand through her hair. "I'm obsessed with your hair." she whined. And Hanan smiled.

"Honestly, I don't even know the cause of my excitement."

Mariam raised an eyebrow but dropped the subject nevertheless. "Okay dear."

She then heard noises. "YOU CAN'T POSSIBLY PUT THAT THERE!!" Someone yelled and Hanan gave Mariam a curious look.

"What's that!?" she didn't even wait for her response as she traced the noise and led her to the kitchen. The sight before her made her mouth agape. "Oh my!"

Sofia looked up, fear clearly evident in her eyes. "I'm really sorry ma'am. I will clean up the mess right away. This two are just so naughty" she motioned to hurriedly clear it up, her hands quivering.

"Oh. Okay..." The kitchen was totally messed up. With flour littered on the floor and on the kids too! Some utensils broken. The cabinet opened.

"Erm.. What really happened was, the neighbor their nanny I use to drop them with is actually ill and is hospitalized. So, have no one to drop them with this weekend. And they actually promised to behave themselves. But they got mischievous as always" she explained muttering the last part.

She glanced at the kids and they pouted. They look like they want to cry with the flour on their bodies and they actually looked cute. All anger she must have felt dissipated. "But there are just 2 of them. Where is the 3rd one?"

She smiled "She's the gentle one amongst them all."

"Where is she?"

"The garden."

"Really?"

"Yeah. She prefers to be alone. She likes her own company. She should be at the garden" she then turned to the kids. "You guys should go and find a way to make yourselves neat now!!" she told them sternly.

And they looked at each other and grumbled before they stomped off. She chuckled as they left the place.
"They look like twins"

"They are! And are both mischievous and naughty. The eldest, fauzia is 10. The other, farida and the boy Farhan are just 4 going to 5. The nanny is always complaining. I used to pay extra charges for them both!"

"Which is why I don't like bringing them here. The last time I did I regretted it really. The master was really enraged and I almost thought I would loose my job. But Mrs Hasnayn intervened. But due to the circumstance on ground, had to bring them along since there was no one to leave them with and they did promise to behave themselves!" she stated exasperatedly. "Thank God the master is not home. Else, Don't know what would have happened"

"Subhanallah!!" Mariam exclaimed when she saw the disarrayed room.

"Will clean it up now" Mariam left the room without another utter.
"Lemme assist"

"You needn't bother" she said wearily.

Hanan smiled. "You know, I wasn't brought up in a rich background. And being an only child, I'm with my mom most times and so help her out. So, it isn't a big deal."

She smiled genuinely. "Thanks so much ma'am. I appreciate."

"Ma'am again!? You welcome anyways."

"Sure. Please don't stop me from calling you that."

"It makes me feel old!"

Sofia shrugged "But I like it that way" Hanan sighed and didn't bother talking back. "You needn't worry you know. I'm used to this already."

"It's nothing really" Sofia nodded wiping away tears. Hanan frowned.

"You know, ever since my husband's death. There's been nobody. My mom died some months after I got married. So, I was literally left on my own.. No family member bothered looking after me. So, when my husband died it was really hectic. And the fact that I'm not literate didn't help matters. When I got this job I was beyond Happy. And you know what?"

She asked wiping her tears with her dirty hands and faced Hanan." What?"

"Young master. I mean your husband was really mean. I mean he didn't make me feel at home. Always complaining about everything and is always angry. But with time I get to satisfy him or getting to!." she smiled reminiscing old memories. "Don't know why I'm telling you this. I just felt like"

"I've never really had friends" she said sadly. "The ones that claimed to be left when there was nothing they would gain"

Hanan smiled sadly "I can perfectly understand your pain" afterall that was what she has been through all her life "Don't worry you can always count on me."

"You are my boss's wife" she countered.

Hanan shrugged "Does it matter?"

Out of nowhere, she pulled her in for a hug. Hanan chuckled "What was that for?"

"For being able to count on you."she grinned. Hanan looked at her smilingly, she has never Seen this side of her." You can actually count on me too. And I can always give you advise based on the little experience I've had regarding marriage -ish ."

"We done!!" they both exclaimed.

"Good! Good kids."she bent down and pecked the now clean kids.

After clearing the kitchen and having breakfast, they then went about their activities. Feeling bored, an idea came to her mind.

Hanan cleared her throat. "Erm granny.." she looked up from what she was doing and nodded indicating she could go on.

"Me and the kids actually wants to go on a stroll"

"Okay. No problem" she swallowed hard for the next part.

"I'm going to the Hussein's."

The reaction she gave was totally unexpected. "Okay Han."

"C'mon kids" she beckoned on the kids. They went to their mother and informed her. She was cool with it. And they both leaped in excitement as she led the way!.
***********
Hanan along with the kids made their way towards the cottage. "Ain't we there yet?" Fauzia asked. Hanan smiled as that was the exact thing she said the first time she wanted to go there too.

"No dear. We will soon." she looked at the girl and smiled. She is so pretty. Putting on a mini flora gown and her hair neatly braided into two. She has her mother's eye color. The other mischievous two has so much in common.

The boy has a short brown hair, green eyes and the girl has similar features too. The jaw, eyebrows, hair color everything almost looked the same.

"Watch out!!" she yelled at them when they are carelessly wandering the road. Honestly, she can't recollect the number of times she had said that that afternoon.

"They are just too hyper for my liking" Fauzia commented with disgust.

She smiled warmly "But still, they are your sibling. And still too young to understand what they are doing. You've gat to endure"

"Urgh!" she huffed and kept on walking. Hanan scrutinized the girl trying to figure her out. She seemed weird. She's too complicated for her age.

"At last!!" she exhaled when the house came to view and Hanan smirked. The kids just jumped up and down leaving the duos in wonder about the reason for their excitement.

Hanan took in a deep breath and fidgeted with her palms as she stood at the entrance. She contemplated whether to press the bell or not. Maybe it was a bad idea to come here afterall. She can just go back.
But the kids? She massaged her temple and wanted to run a hand through her hair but was reminded she was putting on an hijab.

She took in a deep breath, a sign to calm her conflicted mind. Ever since that incident that happened that day she hasn't heard from them. There was no means to. They never bothered bringing up the topic at home. Even a slight mention of his name makes Mariam cringe and she realized it's a sensitive issue.

She needs answers. And since Faaiz isn't around, now is the perfect time to visit him. "Will you press the bell already?" Fauzia asked with a roll of eye.

"Right!" she took in a fat breath and pressed the bell. Some minutes later, the door opened and a disheveled Hussein opened the door.

His eyes widened in surprise as if not expecting her. The shock was quickly replaced with worry. "Salam alaykum!" Hanan greeted as cheerful as she could.

"Walaykum Salam!" then replaced by the worry.

"What brings you here?"

"Are we going to stand here all day or you are going to invite us in?" she asked raising an eyebrow which ended up in misery, motioning to the kids.

"Uh-Sorry. Erm.. I mean.. Of course come in."he moved away from the doorstep and allowed them in.

A satisfied smile appeared on Hanan's face. Farhan and Farida ran inside the house already fascinated by the toys.
"What about Aneesah?"

"In her room." And she joined the kids on the couch.

"That should be mine!" Farida exclaimed.

"Noo. Mine!" an almost crying Farhan retorted.

Before anyhow could step in, Fauzia got up and snatched it away from them. "None of you is taking anything. Behave yourselves!!" she reprimanded. And they both kept quiet.

"We are sowwy" they both stated in unison.

"Good! Now, get seated!" And they obliged.

Both Hanan and Hussein were taken aback. "I'm sorry. That's how they do. Even our nanny complains every time. And even with the numerous spanks they've received, They just won't hear. Really sorry once again."

Hussein smiled "It's no problem." she nodded and then went back to her seat.

"Aunt Hanan!!" Aneesah squealed and ran towards her engulfing her into a hug. "I've missed you!!" she tightened the hug.

"Me more!" After some while, she pulled back.

"Dad ref-" a coughing Hussein interrupted.

"Erm.. Are you done with your homework?"

"Yeah."

"Good!"

"Who are they?" Aneesah asked pointing to the children. She didn't even wait for a response as she dashed towards them. Probably excited to see kids like her. And for the very first time that day, she saw a smile on Fauzia's face. Maybe it's actually not a bad idea after all bringing them! She thought.

"Erm.. We need to talk!"

"Okay!" He then turned to the kids who by then have all gotten along already.
"You guys should behave yourselves Okay? We'll be right outside." followed by a chorus 'okay' and they both headed outside.

They sat on the porch. Hussein ran a hand over his already scattered hair. "I-"

"I know what you actually have in mind. But trust me, I can't just leave you guys alone. You guys might have issues but it has nothing to do with me. I know you must be feeling somehow but whatever it is let it be amongst yourselves."

She took in a calming breath."Just came to check up on you. How are you?"

His demeanor softened. She actually cared about his wellbeing? How are you? Those three words goes a long way. When last as anyone bothered asking how he was. And for the very first time in a while, he actually smiled genuinely." I'm good?"

"Why does it sound more like a question?" she raised her eyebrows.

"I'm - I mean, look at me, do I look like someone that is fine?!" and come to think of it, he looked totally different. 

He is putting on pajama trousers and a casual top. He looked really stressed out. His hair disheveled, His face looked worn out, his eyes pale and red from crying? She gasped.
"Have you been crying?"

He shut his eyes. "You know.." he started but was interrupted by a huge sound coming from inside the house. They both looked at each other wide eyed.

"What's that!?"

"There's only one way to find out" they both dashed in and they both gasped.

"Oh God!"

Aneesah shrieked. "That's my favorite  frame!" Hussein ran towards her and pulled her in for a soothing hug.

"It's okay dear. We can always get you a new one" she wanted to protest but he shut her down. After much persuasion, she finally succumb.

"Okay! But it'd be better than this." He exhaled rather thankfully. "Of course."

"I'm really sorry for the mess. Don't worry. I can always get you a new one."

"Its nothing really. I can always get one myself"

She gave him a heart felt gratitude smile "Thanks so much"

Fauzia already cleared the mess amidst the chaos. Hanan smiled and admired the young girl. "What actually happened?"

"They were both fighting on who's taller and whose hand can reach the frame, when all of a sudden, the thing fell and broke" Fauzia explained "And have warned them severely before it happened" she then turned to Hussein "Really sorry for the mess"

"We're sowwy" they both pouted as if knowing what they did was wrong.

"It's alright you guys"

"Time to get going"

"It's too soon" farida protested.

"Soo soon" Farhan mimicked and Hanan rolled her eyes.

"The mess you've made is enough. Now shoo, let's get going!" And they reluctantly obliged. They bid themselves goodbye.

Hanan turned to Hussein "Lunch at our place tomorrow" she pleaded. "And before you protest, Nope.. He's not around. He has gone for a business trip and won't be back till midnight or probably the next morning. So we have literally the whole day to ourselves. Don't refuse the offer please."

"Dad accept pwease" she tugged on his arms. After a long while. He finally shut his eyes and nodded.

"Lunch it is!"

"Yay!"

Hanan grinned. "Thanks so much. See you tomorrow" He returned the gesture. Aneesah kissed her goodbye and then they waved before she finally left.

"Tomorrow 's gonna be a long day!"
She thought with excitement as she made her way towards the Hasnayn 's villa..

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

652K 46.4K 56
| ZAEEF BOOK I | -UNEDITED- "So destiny huh" he said and I looked away. Destiny. "It was all Allah's plan. Guess my prayers got answered" he said...
605K 32.3K 54
๐Ÿ’žWinner of Infinity Awards 2018๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ’ž Assalamualaikum and hii everyone thanks for choosing my book to read. hey don't worry I'm not going to bore you...
219K 13.6K 48
Most impressive ranking till date, #1 in spiritual out of 26.7k stories Date: 7/01/2021 ---- A muslim love story- "๐’€๐’๐’– ๐’‚๐’“๐’† ๐’‚ ๐’‰๐’‚๐’ƒ๐’Š๐’• ๐’‡๐’“๐’...
52.5K 2.2K 117
Islamic story. Vote. Zamzam Maleek,a shy,introverted,independent 17 year old girl who has a very loving and wealthy family and has only one dream tha...