Felix Culpa (Valmont's Consig...

By xQuoththeRaven

I hate you, don't you fucking leave me. More

DISCLAIMER
Love Thy Neighbor
From Skin to Uniform
Pet Peeves
Say Cheese!
Protocol
Isolation
Assault
Sunflowers
Yellow
Paperback
Burnout
Throw A Fit
Robin
Enigma
McWich
Live Fast, Die Young
The Chill Pill
Baby Steps
Average Jane
Eargasmic
Fire Out
Are Those Nudes?
Profanities
Whistleblower
Smother Me
Mood Swings
The Cross
Spectator

Military Dozen

1.1K 66 4
By xQuoththeRaven

CHAPTER SIX

R e e s e

🎶 Flight Facilities feat. Giselle, Crave You

Lunchtime. Jamie did a good job with the food, but I haven't been able to focus on eating, 'cause I kept on staring at Mackenzie after settling myself on the round table with my friends, Teegan and Justine. The boys, Griffith, Scott, and Chiro are next to us. Griffith and Scott were fighting for the biggest piece of the barbecue, made especially for us. Everyone was in the visitation lounge. It is a welcoming lunch.

Teegan had the barbecue sauce all over the place. Justine handed her tissue but she refused to wipe her face. I had the feeling that the brown-skinned woman wanted to do it for Teegan so bad, "Ano 'yon, Reese?" but I shrugged it off.

Staring at Mackenzie, I remembered my bloodstained uniform. My embroidered nameplate turned from green to dark chocolate. Justine noticed it when I tried to remove the stain with tissue and water. "So, that's the reason why she's eating with her left hand. I see." We all turned to the girls chattering, two tables away from us. "Ah, Mackenzie, Jamie, would you like to join us? May space pa naman."

"Sure." Both of them stood up, walking over to us. "Uh, is this the part where you people tell us that we'll be wearing pink on Tuesdays?" Mackenzie threw in a Mean Girls joke, which I find funny, by the way. Old but Gold books and Mean Girls, hmm, I wonder what else we have in common. "Hi, ma'am."

"De Leon, don't be rude, baby," Juju says to me. I caught Teegan looking at Justine. My eyes widened, causing her to look away. What is up with her?

"That's okay." Now, I'm forced to eat. She continued to call me by name. Still no answer, she switched places with Teegan. Great, now she's sitting next to me. "Reese, are you mad at me?" I asked Justine to pour water into my glass, which she did. "De Leon, don't ignore your wife. That's rude. Right, Juju? It's against the family code, babe."

"No nicknames, Mackenzie. They're not your friends, they're mine," Pasungit kong sinabi which she finds amusing. "Naiintindihan mo ba 'yon? Hindi nila ako iiwan for you."

"Possessive, I like it. Do you ladies mind me calling you by your nicknames?" Both of my friends shook their heads. "She'll fall for me eventually, by the way. Your girl just doesn't know it yet." I nearly choked when she said that. "So, wifey, you're gonna take care of me today, right?" Of course, Teegan and Justine did the annoying ooohs and aaahs. They even let Jamie say the same thing. Not you too, Jamie, no. Ikaw na nga lang ang matino sa aming lahat.

"You're not my wife, okay?" She threw her arms around my neck. "Hey, no touching." She quickly retreated her arm when we realized that a group of female detainees and some convicts are staring. "Are you trying to get me in trouble again, Montefalco? I said, don't touch me. Ang kulit."

"Okay, sweety. But I'm allowed to stare, alright?" She rested her chin on her palm. May dumaang mga opisyal. The wound's visible. I quickly grabbed Mackenzie's arm, hiding it under the table. "Oh, kinky. Do you want me to touch you in all the right places underneath, darling? Grabe ka talaga."

"Don't make assumptions, Mackenzie. I'm just trying to save myself."

"Okay, then, let go of my hand."

Oh, shit. I freed her arm. I turned my attention back to my food. The other girls were quiet but I can see them signaling something with their eyes. Teegan is too obvious. Traitor.

"It's rude to stare," I told her, not looking at her directly. I was keeping an eye on the group of inmates that is surely talking about us. One even pointed her finger at me. "And can I please eat in peace? I would really appreciate that." Mackenzie raised both of her hands in surrender. "Hay, salamat naman."

Mackenzie didn't bother me. I was able to finish my food. I was checking my phone when she tapped my knees, winking at me. "I've been a good girl, Reese. Pinakain kita ng maayos. Now, can I have my kiss? We need to make up or something. Good girl ako, eh."

"Didn't I tell you not to touch me?"

"But I'm drawn to you."

She bit her lip. No, Mackenzie, don't do that. I'm trying to fucking focus here! I felt her hand brushing my thigh, up and down. "Oh, my God, Mackenzie!" I slammed both of my hands on the table, causing every single person in the room to look at us. "Puta."

JO Butler grabbed me by the arm. Teegan was about to stand up and pull me away, but I mouthed it was okay. It's my fault, anyway. I let Mackenzie get to me. "My cousin, Jared, was right. You really are a pain in the ass." I saw Justine's hand clench, gritting her teeth. "And Mackenzie over here is helping you get what you deserve." I felt betrayed. Did Butler put her up to this? No, Robin, don't cry. Please, get your shit together. Breathe.

"I was just teasing the girl, Butler. Don't make a fuzz about it." Montefalco had her serious face on, I guess not. "Let go of her arm, Butler. She's hurting."

"Shut up, Montefalco! And who says you can eat along with the interns? You're lucky, you're useful." I felt her gripping my leg like she was saying sorry for what she did. Whatever that meant, I appreciate the gesture. "So, yeah, I want you to focus on her. Do not leave her side. She's yours to take care of. Kay Montefalco ka na mula ngayon." Mackenzie's face lightens up. Fuck, did she do this on purpose? I guess the grip meant something else. I don't know. Every fucking thing is confusing me. "Is that clear, De Leon?"

"Yes, sir."

Butler left. I sat down, burying my face with my palm. Mackenzie was about to say something, but I cut her off and asked, "Are you happy now?" With my frustration, malapit nang mabali yug kubyertos. Only the detainees and inmates used the plastic ones. Baka magsaksakan, mahirap na.

"I would be lying if I tell you that I'm not. Hindi naman ako pathetic, eh." This girl is impossible and brutally honest. "Come, wifey. Let's go back to our pod." I don't know how Jamie's able to put up with her when she's this annoying. "You heard the man, don't leave my side." Both of my girl teammates shook their heads, clicking their tongues. "Excuse me and my girl, ladies. I'm gonna take this one and let her watch me finish my book today. Or maybe I'll do a little extra entertainment for her."

"Shut up, Montefalco."

"Okay, Mackiecheese." The three of them spoke in unison, but not too loud that the others will hear us. Mackenzie made a dramatic pose like she just won an award or something. Goddamit, I love my first day!

-

Night came and my body feels sore. We did a four by fifty military dozen, for heaven's sake. Of course, Butler wouldn't let me go without suffering. Morada did the same to me and my friends back home. The asshole is having revenge on us.

Justine joined us in the room. A bed was taken in for her to sleep in. "Reese?" I was placing my clothes in the small drawer next to the deck when Juju called me. "Can we talk about your wife?" And I thought she was serious by the look on her face. "What? Don't blame me. Blame the girl over there." I spun quickly, looking for my so-called wife. "I think she's asleep, De Leon. Don't bother peeking. I can see her from my bed."

Justine mounted the ladder. She lied on my bunk and commented, "But yours have the best view of the dollhouse. Galing mo pumwesto." My friend let out a grin and said, "And if we're allowed to undress one doll, I will not think twice and pick that sizzling hot figure for you."

"Uh, no, thank you. I'm good." I stirred my drink before finishing it. "It's not like I'm gonna watch her sleep tonight. My duty is over." Okay, I sounded a li'l bit defensive. Actually, palagi naman.

Justine pinched my cheeks. I slapped her hand away. "You like her, aww." Juju jumped, landing on her feet without hurting herself. "Teegan, shower time. Wake up!" I'm always the first to go when it comes to taking a bath. Justine and Teegan would always go together. It was our habit to sing Rihanna songs while showering at the University before, but we only have two cubicles here and it sucks. "Reese got everything done. Now, get up!"

"Juju, five more minutes," Teegan pleaded. I was blow-drying my hair when I heard a melodic, comforting sound. It's almost nine o'clock in the evening. And the lights went off. "Harmonica. Who's playing it?" Teegan asked us, eyes still closed. "You two, go check it out. I'll stay here and uh, sleep. Malaking tulong 'yon."

I looked down. I saw two male officers in the back building, and they seemed to be okay with the sound. However, it's impossible for him not to hear the relaxing tune. It was too loud to be unnoticed. "Bingi ba ang mga 'to?"

"Reese, that's contraband. We should inform the officers." I agree with Juju. "Extra point for our team. Remember, they told us that there would be a reward for every good deed. Makabawi man lang tayo sa pag-iingay natin."

I ran downstairs, along with Rivera, to report the matter. We slowed down when both of us had reached the first barrier with the cyclone wire. I stood my ground, saluting JO Dominguez. "Permission to make a statement, sir."

"Proceed."

"Sir, we just want to inform you that someone's playing the harmonica." The guy was watching a lousy TV show when we got there. "If it is an officer, we apologize. But I'm convinced that the sound is coming from the building next to us." Still, no reply. I rephrased what I said and spoke louder. Is he not worried? Because I'm sure that the harmonica, whoever has possession of it, is metal. They can use it as a weapon or an instrument to hurt themselves. "Sir?"

"Relax, Lion. We're used to it."

"It's De Leon, actually." The guy was surely a snob. "Sino po ang tumutugtog nun, sir?"

"Kid, it's Mackenzie. Now, leave me alone." I felt a little something when JO Dominguez mentioned her name. It is an excitement of some kind. "Yes, it's contraband, we know. We allowed the instrument to keep her mind off the drugs. You don't know how awful things have been when that girl first got here."

"Aww, poor baby," Juju whispered to me. "At least, she's okay now."

"Talaga ba?" I bet JO Dominguez heard my friend and that's why he said, "Yes, so be careful with Mackenzie. Ugh, I can't even stand her. Guess that's your job now, huh, Lion?"

"De Leon." His smile faded when I corrected him. "Oh, um, yeah. Sure. Uh, sir, why is she isolated?" The officer looked annoyed. We had his full attention when the commercial was on. "Sir?"

The man grunted, walking lazily on the table. "Mackenzie Montefalco is an inmate with special needs. Hindi siya tulad ng ibang narito." He pulled the drawer, taking out a book. He handed it to me, saying, "Read the manual. You can give it back when you're done." I took it, thanking the officer right after. "You got what you need, now leave me alone." I opened up the book, scanning the pages. "I thought I told you two to leave? Scram!" He shouts, ordering us to run.

The harmonica kept on playing as we reached the room. "To keep her mind off the drugs..." I wasn't able to get a clear view of Mackenzie, but I know she was there. An officer double-checked the padlock on her cell, before moving to the next one, where Jamie is at.

Teegan and Justine were already in the showers, leaving me alone in the room. I placed the book on the top shelf, tapping it. I'm just gonna read that tomorrow. For now, I'm gonna have a good night's sleep, while Mackenzie serenades. I hope most nights here would be this peaceful.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

372M 8.9M 100
This work of fiction may include potentially disturbing readings, scenes and discussions around topics such as sexual, self-harm, physical violence...
123K 4.3K 17
[PROFESSOR SERIES II] Astrea Zaire Luceria thought she was incapable of loving someone. But the moment she laid her eyes on a certain Art Professor...
74.1K 3.5K 26
Love at first sight, that's what Dominique Lorre Fuentes felt for her Best friend's Older sister, Celeste Rein Alegre. The first time she laid her e...
2.6M 163K 55
As far as she remembers, she's the obsessed one. Laila does some crazy things while secretly fangirling over the campus semi-cal cutie, Asher James P...