Bright Lights {COMPLETED}

By Shipper56

-------- HIGHEST RANKING: #1 in pianist #1 in piano -------- Skyle... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
A/N
Chaptet Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
A/N
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty one
Chapter Twenty two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Epilogue: Five years later
A/N: Other Books!
56K!!!!
The Shadow's Of A Star

Chapter Three

7.4K 187 37
By Shipper56

    "Today we have a project with your side partner. You'll all go out around campus and take a picture of something. If you show up with nothing you'll have to suffer my consequences!" Mrs. Ivory said. It had been a week since I figured out that Asher was Mr. Mister on my Snapchat. I tried everything to stay away and he still... try's to talk to me!

    "Okay where do you want to go?" Asher asked as we walked out he room with the rest of the class.

   "We could-" I was cut off by one of Asher's football friend.

    "Hey! Jayfire! Where you going?" He jumped onto he's shoulder and Asher stumbled to keep himself up.

    "Cade, go back to your partner we have to get this unless you want to see Mrs. Ivory angry!" Asher laughed as he dropped his friend without even worrying about him being hurt.

    "You just want to be left alone with the one girl in this school that doesn't swoon over you." Cade said and batted his eyelashes to mock him.

    "Go away before I make you go away!" He yelled at his friend on the floor I was watching all this happen but at this point I was walking away I honestly did care what they did. All I knew was no way am I going to see Mrs. Ivory mad!

    Suddenly I felt an arm drape over my shoulder and I felt very uncomfortable when I turned and saw Cade there with his other hand pushing Asher away.

    "So, your the girl that tells him to go to hell, huh?"

    "I never said that." I said a little taken back.

    "No but I can see it in your eyes." Cade laughed. I shrugged his arm off and eyed him.

    "I don't care what you do but I'm not going to sit and wait for you!" I said eyeing Asher now. I walked away and I heard them argue a little but I couldn't care less!

    I was walking in the schools courtyard and I find a tree. The trunk was bent and the whole tree top was on the ground. Where the trunk was bent it grew many other branches and trunks it was (as the child in me would say) the perfect tree to climb. I pulled out my camera and started taking pictures and different angles.

    "That's a good choices." I was in a difficult position low to the grown and when he spoke it scared me a little and I fell over.

    "Are you okay?" He asked I looked up and saw Asher leaning down then I noticed my head wasn't on the floor. It was on his lap. He had slid under and stopped my head from hitting the ground. 

    I quickly sat up but didn't turn to see him. I felt a little burning on my cheeks from embarrassment but it left quickly. 

    "I'm fine." I said. I picked up the camera and stared taking the pictures again.

    "I can take a few. I like to think I'm good at this." He said still on the ground. I never turned to face him but I handed him the camera. Automatically he stood and took a photo of me.
I was startled and I didn't really know what he was doing.

    "What are you doing?" I asked and tried to take the camera back. He quickly moved it out of my hold and he was looking at the picture.

    "Okay, let's go."! He said. He removed the card and handed me the camera. He walked to the photo room and I was so confused.

    "Are you coming?" He asked and started to walk backward looking at me. I looked at the tree the back at him with no idea of what just happened. I started to walk back a little behind and soon we were back in the class.

    "You are the first back," Mrs. Ivory said. "Go to the computer and pick out your photo." We nodded and go to the back computer. Asher sits in front of the computer and pulled up the photo of me.

    "She told us it had to be a picture of the school." I said and he nodded. "That's means you can't use my picture." I saw him nodded again. He pulled out a flash drive and started to download it.

    "What are you doing?"I asked seriously frustrated.

    "I'll show you tomorrow. Here let's do the other one then." I stood still as he removed the flash drive and stood from the chair for me to sit down. I curiously sat down and I quickly fixed up a photo we both liked.

    We were the first one done and we sat in the back as we waited for what came next.

    "You hate me don't you?" I suddenly hear Asher say. I looked over to him from my book and saw him looking at me.

    "I never said that... out loud." I mumble the last part so he wouldn't hear but apparently he did.

    "I heard that, so why do you hate me? You don't even know me and you're already hating me." He said he seemed a little sad but angry too.

    "Your right, I don't know you but I have reasons to dislike you. The first time we ever talked you were asking so many annoying questions and now ever day you try to give me a ride home that I've been forced to take the longer way home just to stay away from you!" I said.

    I do hate Asher but I know that he's also Mr. Mister. So I tried not to be too harsh but that last part was just a burst of emotion.

    "I get it I was slightly annoying when I was trying to get to know you but whether you like it or not we're partners for the rest of this year. So can we please be friends?" He was calm now and he held his hand out to me. I stared for a little before I took the hand. He smiled and I did my awkward look.

    "That's the most you have even talked to me before." He laughed I pulled my hand out of his hold. Yep, that kind of line was from Mr. Mister.

    "So do you want a ride after school from your new friend." He said I gave him a look but he stayed the same. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

    "Fine," he stared to get excited. "But only after I walk with Blaise and Michael!" He nodded still smiling.

    "What street do they live on I'll meet you there." He said. I told him where and the bell went off. The second it did I moved away from him knowing what was coming next. If I stay for to long the girls that usually talk to him after class will all come up and I'd be trapped in my spot till Asher decides it's time to go.

    I was out the door till I was stopped by Melissa and Katie. I look at dumb and dumber.
Katie was a brunette and had green eyes she looked like she tried to copy Melissa.

    "You can't talk to Asher!" Melissa said. "He's my boyfriend and I don't like seeing him smiling to you. Who are you anyway?" I forced my eyes not to roll.

    "You don't have to worry about it at all. He's yours. We're just partners." I tried to walk past but was stopped by Katie.

    "But he chose to sit there, why?" She asked I took a deep breath and I look at both of them.

    "I don't know, I really don't." I walk away again but both walked in front again.

    "I don't believe any of that!" They said in unisons.

    "What's going on ladies?" Asher asked and came up to us. He draped an arm over Melissa and kissed her cheek.

    "We were just talk to her. She's be really close to you recently I was just worried." Melissa said and hugged his torso.

    "You don't have to worry. Skyler and I are just friends." He smiled to me and I took my chance to leave. I walked over to the gate and saw Blaise and Michael. They smiled to me and we started to walk off.

    "This whole day has been the worst!" I say when we aren't close around people.

    "Whoa, Sky, I've never heard so much emotion in your voice!" Blaise laughed.

    "Ha ha very funny." I said.

    "So what happened?" Michael asked.

    "Stupid people." I say quickly and that's all I had to say.

    "Yeah but everyone is stupid. You just are used to hanging around the normal people." Blaise said and Michael hit him across the face.

    "Not cool bro!" Blaise and him started arguing the whole time we walked and they brought up every embarrassing moments that ever happened in their lives!

    "When we got to their street I saw Asher's truck sitting across the road. Once the twins where far enough down I got into the car and Asher smiled to me.

    "Hey Sky-lie!" I looked at him and he was still smiling.

    "What was that?" I buckled up and we started the car.

    "My nickname for you. I give them to all my friends."

    "No." I said plainly.

    "Okay I'll come up with something else." He said still all smiley.

"Please don't." I placed my face in my hands and shook my head.

"How about, Skyly?"

"Please stop."

"Oh I got it Skitty!"

"What the heck?"

"Like a Skyler kitty? It's cool! I'm going to a call you Skyler kitty!" We turned into my neighborhood and we stopped next to the church and I gathered my things.

"What is it with you and calling people by cats! First it was Crazy Cat and now it's Skyler kitty. What's next Fat Cat Pat?" I mumbled.

"Wait, did you just say what I think you said?" My eyes went wide and I quickly left the car. I slammed the door and quickly walked into the building.

"Wait!" Asher yelled as I closed the door. I took a deep breath and walked into the room I usually stay in. I didn't see her and figured I was earlier since I got a ride.

I started to play the piano and once I had done a few pieces of Mozart I started on something I put together myself. I was enjoying my time till I looked up and saw Asher standing in the door way.

    "Ack!" I yelled as I stood up but got my foot got stuck on one of the piano legs. I fell to the ground with a head banging on the keys of the piano and I fell to the floor.

    "Ow!" I said as I sat up and my hand rubbed my head.

    "Are you okay?" Asher was standing over me with his hand out stretch and i took it. "You're bleeding." He said pointing to my head. I move to look at the hand that was touching my head earlier and realized I was bleeding.

    "I'm fine." He looked at me really worried but I could also see how confused he was.

    "You're Mary Lee! The one the whole school likes on Instagram. The girl I've been talking to over Snapchat." He said slightly surprised. Mary Lee was my Instagram and Snapchat name. I've been caught.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Hey!!!!! So she da goofed!! Asher knows all the secrets!!! 😱I'm sorry if there are any spelling errors you can blame my editor. Just to be clear. If you read my short stories you would know that I use both Melissa and Katie in the same story but no this is not connected to this at all! Anyways I hoped you liked it and pls comment and vote it would be really cool since this is my first time posting my story's
Till next time bye bye!! 😜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

648K 12.6K 46
- F I U F A M I L Y S E R I E S - Book 1 - can be read as stand alone What do you get when you mix two pressured college students, NFL drafts, love c...
1.3M 71.5K 42
[2022 WATTPAD BOOKS AWARD & WATTY WINNER: GETTING PUBLISHED 2025] There's a boy at Evergreen High that has a different girlfriend every two weeks, a...
2M 78.6K 49
Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It sucks for everyone. But her reason was tot...
56K 2.3K 40
[ONC 2021 Honorable Mention & Round 2 Ambassador's Pick] [Featured on @StoriesUndiscovered, @Contemporarylit, @teenfiction] "There's something about...