Just For Show (EDITING)

By rayelliswriter

{Harry Styles Fanfiction} When someone hands you the opportunity to make your dreams happen, would you take i... More

Just For Show
Chapter 1 - " I'm Harry"
Chapter 2 - " Take the offer"
Chapter 3 - " what the hell are you doing here?"
Chapter 4 - " just listen"
Chapter 6 - " welcome to our new apartment"
Chapter 7 - " I do love her, just not in that way"
Chapter 8 - " all hale to your queen"
Chapter 9 - " what happened to the good girl image?"
Chapter 10 - " I'm sick of all these lies"
Chapter 10 - " distract me"
Chapter 11 - " I'm not always an ass Cailin"
Update! (Important!)
Chapter 12 - " and here I thought you were a good girl"
Chapter 13 - " you're not going out with him Cailin!"
Chapter 14 - " so what's up with you and the brunette?"
Chapter 15 - " I've been lying and hiding things from Lia"
Update
Chapter 16 - " I lost her"
Chapter 17 - " try not to be so pathetic on stage tonight"
Chapter 18 - " the way I never treated you, right?"
Chapter 19 - " do you think we'll ever be friends again?"
Chapter 20 - " please Carter"
Chapter 21 - " what happened to your face?"
Chapter 22 - " so what's with the brunette?"
Chapter 23 - " you're wearing my shirt?"
Chapter 24 - " I do care about you"
Chapter 25 - " do you think I'm good enough?"
Chapter 26 - " and am I the only guy, Cailin?"
Chapter 27 - " I'm sorry I didn't save you"
Chapter 28 - " he's a better actor then anyone ever thought"
Chapter 28 - Author's Note
Chapter 29 - " Kiss me"
Chapter 30 - " he was lost because you were with another guy"
Chapter 31 - " I hate slow dancing"
Chapter 32 - " it'll be our secret"
Chapter 33 - " everything's going to be okay"
Chapter 34 - " I told her I was with you"
Chapter 35 - " what's it like in England?"
Chapter 36 - " 3..2..1..."
Chapter 37 - " that's not packing. That's just throwing shit into a suitcase"
Chapter 38 - " well he can just get over it, can't he?"
Chapter 39 - " if you want go ahead Harry. It's not like you have a girlfriend"
Chapter 40 - " get the fuck out"
Chapter 41 - " someone like you doesn't change"
Chapter 42 - " please don't leave me"
Chapter 43 - " your surprise is inside"
Chapter 44 - " I'm so sorry for your loss"
Chapter 45 - " you look beautiful"
Chapter 46 - " he's been good to me"
Chapter 47 - " I'm a lot more into brunettes"
Chapter 48 - " you can't do that to me!"
Chapter 49 - " you're still the same asshole you've always been"
Chapter 50 - " look at yourself"
Chapter 51 - " Happy Birthday!"
Chapter 52 - " all I wanted was the truth"
Chapter 53 - "I need time to grieve"
Chapter 54 - " you promised you'd never leave me"
Chapter 55 - " what did he do?"
Chapter 56 -" it's helps you keep your mind off things"
Chapter 57 - "I hate you because I still love you"
Chapter 58 - " for a night we'll never forget"
Chapter 59 - "I forgive you"
Chapter 60 - "I'm starting over"
Chapter 61 - " one of us"
Chapter 62 -
Chapter 63 - "what are you doing here?"
Bonus Chapter and Sequel Info
Not For Show Details (Just For Show Sequel)

Chapter 5 - " you're a rock star, go trash a hotel room"

12K 340 56
By rayelliswriter

I would have never imagined life in this business could be as crazy as it is. Traveling across the country every minute of every time. Rehearsing every minute available. And when we weren't rehearsing, we were performing on TV shows and giving interviews.

Obviously we weren't playing our cover of 'lucky' over and over again. We played also played some of their old songs which luckily very easy to switch around so it'd make sense for me to sing as well.

Changing the songs a bit up made Harry furious and he hated it. But on camera, he acted like a completely different person. He acted like he actually liked me.

As for the other boys, I loved being around them.

Louis, I had learned was the kind that protected us. I felt safe around him as if anything bad was going to happen he would be the one I wanted to be around. He didn't let anyone push me around, not even his fans. Sometimes when interviewer would try to ask me uncomfortable questions, Louis would step up and change the subject. It was nice to have that kind of relationship with him.

Zayn had literally become the friend that I just goofed around with. We loved playing pranks on each other and just messing with each other. We didn't take each other seriously at all which was exactly what i needed.

Harry and I didn't really talk. But when we did it was mostly because we were against each other on something, usually in the studio when we were recording or writing a song. Harry's writing was amazing, I couldn't disagree but every time I wanted to put my input in the song he would lash out at me. Since I didn't put up with his crap, I would lash out right back at him.

With all the traveling, seeing Willow everyday became impossible. I missed seeing her. I missed working with her. I still talked to her everyday but it wasn't the same thing.

At the moment we were in LA, mostly for recording our album was fun and at the same time frustrating. La was so different than I was used to. I've been to LA before for jobs but New York was always home I guess.

I didn't think it was possible but people here are a lot stranger than people in New York. It wasn't bad it was just something I had to get used to.

The label had booked us rooms in the most amazing hotel I had ever been in. Usually at one of my modeling jobs, they would put us all in a single room. It wasn't horrible but there wasn't much room. Now I had a room all to myself and it was starting to get extremely boring.

I sat up on my bed and opened up my laptop. Something that I started doing and hated myself for doing it was going on TMZ. In a weird way I wanted to know what they were saying. Usually I didn't care what they said but I just had to read it.

The site had pictures of me taking pics with fans and pics of the press conferences we had gone to. Then there was a silly picture Zayn and I had taken together. I remember taking that. It was something we had started doing, taking mostly silly pictures together.

Harry hated when we did that. I think he's that way because he's secretly jealous, it something Zayn used to do with him. But ever since I got in the band Harry's been in a bad mood so he wouldn't do it anymore with Zayn.

As I scrolled down to view the comments, most of them were the usual:

" such a whore"

" she's destroying the band"

Then there were the ones who actually liked me:

" her voice is great!"

" finally and girl in an awesome band"

" making the boys a lot more fun"

Then there were the ones I had never heard before:

" she's probably dating Zayn, just look at them together"

" it's obvious Harry and Cailin hate each other, they don't even look at each other"

They thought Zayn and I were together? I laughed at the thought. I guess some people weren't used to having guy friends like Zayn.

The next comment was something I hoped no one had noticed. I guess it was pretty obvious. I needed to do something about it. Harry and I needed to do something about it.

All of a sudden my door burst open walking in Zayn and Louis immediately making me close my laptop. I didn't need them knowing my dirty little secret of actually reading TMZ. They plopped on my bed and stared at me.

" what are you guys doing?" I looked at them weirdly.

" we're bored" Zayn whined.

" you're a rockstar, go trash a hotel room" I joked.

" already checked that off the list" Louis nodded.

Of course they did, I laughed.

" what do you want to do then?" I asked leaning against Louis.

" we should go out, maybe to that club down the street" Zayn suggested.

A club? Last time that happened, I ended up waking up next to Harry.

" I don't know" I shook my head.

" don't be such a buzz kill Cai" Zayn glared.

" we have an early flight back to New York tomorrow" I explained.

" so it would be the first time we only got like and hour of sleep" Zayn shook his head.

" we could always sleep on the plane" Louis said.

They were right. The flight would take hours to get back to New York.

" fine" I sighed.

" let's go get ready" Zayn jumped out of my bed and out the door.

Louis and I both laughed at how excited Zayn looked to go out tonight.

" come over to my room when you're ready, the guys will be there too" Louis said as he got up off my bed.

" guys?" I asked.

" Zayn and Harry" Louis nodded his head.

" I thought it was gonna be just us three" I said looking down at my lap.

" you can't expect to leave him out you know? I love you but he is my best friend" Louis smiled.

" I love you too" I smiled

Louis slowly walked out my room closing the door behind him.

*

Harry's POV

" why do girls take so damn long to get ready?" I complained as Louis, Zayn and I waited for Cailin.

" you never complain about Lia taking too long" Louis pointed.

" that's because she's my girlfriend" I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly the door opened and in walked in Cailin, not how I expected. She looked like the girl I had met back at the club all those weeks ago. Not that I didn't feel attracted to her after that, because I did cause I'm a guy. But it was different this time because I've been hating her all this time, at least trying.

As she walked in I couldn't help but scroll my eyes down her body and then back to her face. The red lip stick looked perfect on her.

" you guys ready?" she smiled.

" yeah let's go" Zayn said as he swung her arm around her shoulder rushing out with her.

Of course he did, they were best friends now like they said. But for some reason I hated it. I felt disgusted.

" you okay mate?" Louis asked.

" of course" I shrugged before walking out the room with him.

We took the elevator downstairs and waited for the valet to bring around my car. After a couple of minutes I decided to go inside to ask about the car but Louis and Zayn raced inside to see who could get there first.

As I watched them run with a smile on my face I could faintly hear a giggle beside me. I glanced over and saw Cailin looking at the boys also. As I saw her turning her head to look at me I quickly looked away.

" Harry, we need to talk about something" she said.

" I'm not talking about it" I said referring to the night we slept together.

" I'm not talking about that" Cailin shook her head.

" then what is it?" I snapped.

She paused for a moment because I my sudden snap at her.

" people are starting to notice that we aren't really fond of each other" she said looking straight at me.

" that was gonna happen sooner or later" I mumbled.

" the label isn't going to like it, we have to do something about it" Cailin pushed.

I knew she was right. The label was already up my ass about my usual things and I didn't need them bothering me with this too.

" do you really think we can pull off being friends?" I chuckled.

" at least in public" she smiled.

" of course" I nodded.

She took out her phone and I suddenly had an idea.

" give me that" I said as I took her phone from her hands.

" hey!" she whined.

I opened up the Instagram app and put the camera position towards us.

" goofy faces so we look more likable" I said with a smile.

Flash.

" looks great" Cailin nodded as she posted the picture online.

Soon enough the guys arrived with the car. Zayn got out of the drivers and went to the back seat along with Cailin. The drive to the club was quiet. It was quieter than usual because Zayn and Cailin were always talking and tonight they weren't.

I parked the car car enough from the club so we could make a comotion when we got to the club, but it was no use. When we got closer to the club, paparazzi were already at the door waiting for us. I pushed through them with Cailin and the boys behind me.

As soon as we walked in, Cailin and Zayn disappeared. I looked around and saw no sight of them.

" already looking around for girls?" Louis chuckled beside me.

" yeah" I lied.

Both of us walked over to the bar and ordered ourselves a couple of beers. The club was nice but no where near as good as the ones back in New York. I was actually starting to miss being in New York.

" so.." Louis began to say.

I looked over at him with a confused expression.

" you never told me how you and Cailin actually met" Louis said raising one of his eyebrows.

" I told you I didn't want to talk about" I shook my head.

" you really aren't going to tell your best friend?" he said.

Louis was my best friend and I usually told him everything. This was the one thing that he didn't know about. I wanted to keep it that way but it was hard to lie to him.

" it was a stupid mistake okay?" I said looking out at the crowd.

" so you slept with her?" Louis asked making sure he was understanding.

I nodded.

" I still don't understand how Lia is still with you" Louis laughed.

He was right. I didn't know either. There was about a rumor every week of me cheating on Lia but she never questioned me.

To make matters worse, most of those rumors were true. I liked Lia and everything but me cheating on her became a routine that I didn't know how to stop. I was addicted to sex or anything. I guess I was addicted to the risk of it all.

" get away from me you perv" I could hear Cailin laugh as she and Zayn walked towards us.

" it was a joke" Zayn laughed back.

" sure it was" she giggled.

She laugh became something that I hated to hear nowadays, mostly because it made me want to smile. It was contagious.

" ten shots of tequila please!" Zayn ordered as he slid in between Louis and I.

I looked over at Louis and saw him chuckling at Zayn. Zayn was always the one of over drank and got carried home, he was known for it.

" don't worry, it's for all of us" Zayn rolled his eyes.

A memory quickly flooded my mind.

Tequila. Cailin. Me

The mixture was not what I could handle right now.

I looked over at Cailin and caught her worried look.

" I'm driving so I'm not drinking the tequila" I shook my head at Zayn.

" since when has that ever stopped you" Zayn scoffed.

" I'm not in the mood mate" I said looking back at Cailin.

She slowly nodded with a short smile at me.

" Louis and I can join you" she smiled getting closer to us.

" that's why I love you guys" Zayn smiled and Louis rolled his eyes.

After watching them take shot after shot, I got into a conversation with a girl beside me. Not that I planned on sleeping with the girl, but whatever happens happens. She was pretty and a little interesting, good enough.

I looked over and saw Louis and Zayn acting like fools, the usual way the acted when they got too drunk. I watched them try to pick up girls but they were too drunk to notice they were doing horribly.

I laughed even harder when I saw them dancing on the dance floor.

Beside them I caught Cailin dancing with a random guy. Dancing a little too close. What the hell was she doing?

" excuse me" I said to the girl who was talking to me.

I rushed over to Cailin and pulled her by the arm getting her away from the guy.

" what the hell?" she cursed as she looked down from my hand on her arm up to me.

Just by looking at her eyes I could tell she was starting to get drunk. Not as drunk as the night I met her but drunk enough.

" we're going back to the hotel" I grumbled.

" what crawled up your ass?" Cailin glared.

" you can't ruin your image remember" I said glancing over to the guy she was once dancing to.

" I was just dancing" she shook my hand off her arm.

" a little bit too close don't you think" I glared back at her.

" let's just go before Zayn and Louis make even more fools of themselves" she rolled her eyes.

After Zayn kept whining that he didn't want to go home, Cailin finally convinced him somehow. Louis was just going along with whatever we were saying.

As we got closer to the door, I realized something. Paparazzi were still going to be at the doors. If they saw that Cailin was even a little drunk, it would ruin the label's whole plan. It was ruin our whole plan.

" keep your head down and hold on to me if you feel like you're about to fall" I turned back to say to Cailin.

" what are you talking about?" she asked.

" paparazzi" I said before the security guard opened the door for us.

As soon as the paparazzi noticed it was us coming out of the club their cameras began flashing at us. The flashes began to blur my vision, not because I was drunk but because there was too much.

Suddenly I felt Cailin hand wrapped around my upper arm as we walked towards the car. It was obvious that Louis and Zayn were drunk and the paps certainly caught it all on tape. Thankfully Cailin kept her composure, just the way the label wanted.

Cailin and I both managed to get Zayn and Louis in the back of the car before driving towards the hotel.

Zayn started telling jokes that somehow Cailin and Louis thought were funny, probably because they were all drunk. I was starting to get annoyed with Zayn. Everything he did was bugging me for some reason.

Soon enough Louis and Zayn were passed out asleep in the back which left Cailin and I in silence.

Thankfully when we got to the hotel there were no paparazzi or fans, just the valet. Cailin and I dragged both Louis and Zayn up to the floor where we were all staying. Zayn's arm wrapped around Cailin's shoulder and Louis' wrapped around mine. We decided that putting them both in the same room would be better than having to carry the other.

Surprising Cailin took good care of them and put them to bed even though she was also a little drunk.

" did you manage to do that" I chuckled shutting the door behind me as both of us left their room.

" I'm used to taking care of Willow even at this state" she slurred.

" better than I expected" I nodded.

" what did you expect?" she asked.

" maybe blacking out again" I looked over at her.

" that was one time okay?" she laughed.

Her laugh, it immediately made me smile. Damn it.

" these heels are killing me" she whined as she leaned against the wall to take them off.

Cailin ripped them off and started walking towards her own room. I walked along with her being that my room was also that way.

Somehow she managed to stumble over her own feet and fell to the ground.

" are you okay?" I asked as I crouched down to help her.

Immediately started laughing.

I looked at her confused.

" I'm sorry, but it's sort of weird how I managed to get up to here with my heels on and just now that I took them off I fell" she laughed.

" you are weird that way" I teased.

She took my hand and stood up. But as she stood up, I guess we were a little too close too each other because my eyes were suddenly glued to hers. We were chest to chest and our hands still together.

Why couldn't I look away and step away from her?

" Cailin" I whispered.

She quickly took a step away from me running her hands through her hair.

" I should get some sleep, early flight back home tomorrow right?" she said.

" in three hours" I whispered again.

" I take what I can get" she said quietly before disappearing into her room.

~

such a fun chapter to write!!

I know you guys have been waiting for something interesting to happen with Cailin and Harry, but calm down I don't want to jump into things too fast. I want everything to be perfect with this story.

so please vote and comment and follow!

love you guys!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 10 40
Written by @AndreaLotter and myself. This is a story about a young girl who knows the boys of One Direction; her best friend is Niall Horan, and the...
3.2M 45.4K 69
When you bump into someone and make history with them, Your meant to be all along. This is a story of an ordinary girl who eventually falls in love w...
171K 3.7K 59
'I took out my camera, taking photos of the trees, children running around or drawing on the street sidewalks, street dancers showing off their best...
84.5K 1.1K 28
One Direction. The biggest boyband right now. There debut album has just dropped, and the tour starts in a few months. But what happens when a girl...