Chapter 20 - " please Carter"

To hold my father's hand was all that I wanted for the past three weeks of touring. Luckly for me, we were back in New York for three days and I had my opportunity to see him.

I sat in a chair on his bed side and wrapped my hand around his.

" when are you going to wake up dad?" I asked not expecting an answer.

I wanted him to open his eyes and talk to me. To give my advice and life lessons he had always given as a child.

I needed him to let me know what was right and wrong. Since my mom was in la la land now, I didn't have that parent to guide me anymore.

Yes I was eighteen years old but I sure didn't feel like it. I still felt fifteen and naive sometimes. I needed someone to guide me sometimes.

A couple minutes later of just gazing at my father, my phone lit up revealing a text message. It was James looking for me. Still to this day Harry was the only one who knew about me visiting my father here at the hospital. Surprisingly Harry had agreed to cover for me until now.

For the last week, Harry and I had gotten along super well. In some ways it was like we had never not gotten along. For the first time, us as a band, it finally felt like we perfect together. The mood surrounding the band was so light and fun, even James was surprised.

I said goodbye to my dad and left the hospital.

Being back in New York felt amazing. The look, the feel, everything was perfect. New York was home to me and nothing could change that.

The driver dropped me off in front of my apartment building and luckily there weren't many people out there. Just a couple of fans and about two paparazzi. I took pictures with the fans and waved at the men with cameras.

As soon as I opened the doors to my apartment, all I saw was chaos. It was all of our team prepping to start getting us ready. Just about everyone was there which made our large apartment seem pretty crowded.

Olly, my hairdresser, took my hand and dragged me to the make-up chair and started messing around with my hair. James saw me and handed me my favorite magazine I liked to read and look at while Olly did my hair.

I flipped through the pages and saw my face plastered across one of them. Normally I wouldn't be surprised because of all the promotion we had been doing for the album, but this time was different.

It was an article talking about how I could have been the possible cause for Harry and Lia's break up. As I read the article over, it started to scare me. Some of the facts were true and there was no possible way anyone out of our circle of people could have known. It talked about how Harry and I had a secret relationship. It talked about how Lia broke up with Harry and how the mess happened.

I had thought, maybe Lia had spilled the story, but I was wrong. It sourced an insider who was around us. My heart started to accelerated and I was starting to feel like I couldn't breathe anymore.

" what's wrong sweetie?" Olivia asked as she came up to my with a rack of dresses.

" James!" I shouted causing everything to look over at me.

James came running and I handed him the page. He read through it and then looked over at me.

" how did they get this story?" I asked him.

" maybe Lia said something to someone" James shrugged.

" no, it's says it someone from here" I pushed.

" just deny deny deny" he repeated.

" what if it doesn't work?" I asked with desperation in my tone.