Chapter 9 - " what happened to the good girl image?"

NOT EDITED

The buzzed sounded off making me jump out of my thoughts. Everyone around me jumped up and started cheering, I followed along with them hoping that I looked like I had actually been paying attention.

Normally my attention would be completely towards a basketball game because it was my favorite sport to watch, but today my mind just wasn't in it.

My mind was on Harry and I hated myself for that.

Last night had been Liam's party and Harry had been avoiding me since. Lia had gotten Liam 4 tickets for this game so he had invited Lia, Harry and myself. But as soon as Harry heard that I was going, he quickly dropped out of our plans, taking Lia along with him.

So here I was with Liam at a basketball game that I couldn't seem to keep my attention on the game.

" so did you have fun last night?" Liam asked.

" I had a great time" I nodded.

" after a while it seemed like you couldn't wait to get out of there" Liam said keeping his eye on the game.

" you noticed?" I asked.

" of course"

" I'm sorry about that. I guess I was just annoyed with someone" I explained.

" tell me who it is and next time I won't invite that person" he smiled.

" don't worry about it" I smiled.

The buzzer sounded off again meaning that the opposing team had just made a shot.

" meet any new people last night?" Liam asked.

" Veronica Russo" I nodded.

" oh.. her.." he said looking over back at the game

" you didn't tell me that you've hooked up with her" I smirked.

" no one needs to know that" he playfully glared at me.

" she seems cool" I nodded.

" she's trouble, that's what she is" Liam shook his head.

" she doesn't seem that bad" I chuckled.

" just be careful" Liam warned.

" okay" I shrugged.

*

As soon as I walked into the apartment, my phone started to ring.

" hello?" I answered not bothering to look at the caller ID.

" where are you right now?" someone demanded on the other line.

" just got home James" I said as I put my purse down on the counter.

" I need you to go to the studio right now and hide out for a bit" he said.

" hide out from what? I asked scrunching out my eyebrows.

" I'll explain everything when I get there. Just stay away from paparazzi and don't say a word" he said before hanging up the phone.

I immediately grabbed my purse again and walked out of the apartment. As I walked out of the building, the crowd of paparazzi had grown since I had walked into the building. My driver was already out there with the car so I just rushed out.

" Cailin!"

" over here'"

" what happened to the good girl image?"