Chapter 52 - " all I wanted was the truth"

" the deal was for you to make your relationship public, becoming Hollywood's it couple making it last for at least a year" James said to Harry.

" I know" he responded.

No...no...no...

At this point I couldn't breath anymore. I couldn't function. I wasn't reacting. All I knew was that I wanted to get out of there. I literally wanted to disappear. I wanted to crawl into a shell and never come back. 

This couldn't be my reality. 

This had to be a nightmare.

I quickly walked away from the door, not really having a destination. My mind was to jumbled up that I couldn't really think straight. My mind went to a different time. My mind took me a better and easier time.

The day I moved to New York City seemed to be the best day of my life at the time. I was only sixteen and felt the freest I could have ever been. My mom wasn't in my ear as much as she had been back at home.

But I was leaving home, that was the tough part. Leaving Niall was the toughest part. I hated that I was leaving my best friend. He had been with me through so much. He was the shoulder I cried onto. I didn't want to leave him with his family. His family wasn't there for him as much as mine was. Yes my father was already in a coma by now but my mother still treated him like a son and always welcomed him into our home.

" everything's going to change" he said.

" what do you mean?" I asked.

" you're going to build your career out there, a career that you've been working for" he tried explaining.

" you will too someday" I said to him

" knowing you, I just know you're going to accomplish a whole lot more than you're expecting" Niall smiled down at me.

That sentence had stuck to me ever since I left for New York City. I wanted it to be true so badly. I didn't just want to be a model. I wanted to be a performer. I wanted to make other people happy in the process. I wanted to speak to people in so many ways. Mainly through music.

But now I open my eyes and see an empty lobby. I couldn't move from the chair I was sitting. I could still hear the music coming from the venue where the party was being held. But still couldn't really process what was going on. I couldn't process what I had heard.

" what are you doing out here?" I heard from across the lobby.

I looked up only to see the guy that had flipped my life upside down once again. It all began flooding through my mind what the whole conversation meant. I knew exactly what James meant. The worst part was that Harry knew exactly what he was doing.

It started to make sense all of those odd moments with Harry. It made sense that all of a sudden he wanted to make our relationship public. He had made it public by kissing me in front of the world. I knew it was weird from the start but I was too love with him to follow my instincts.

Suddenly I was up on my feet and running the opposite direction from Harry.

" Cailin!" he called out.

But that didn't stop me. I knew I couldn't go through the front doors because paparazzi was filled out there waiting for their perfect shot. So I had to find a back door. I ran towards the back. I pushed the door open taking me outside to the fresh air.

The down side was that my heels had made me slower than I usually was, meaning that Harry was right behind me. When he grabbed my arm, I knew I couldn't run anymore.