Chapter 41 - " someone like you doesn't change"

My eyes flutter open only to feel them just as heavy as they felt the night before. Without moving the rest of my body, I looked at my surroundings and saw that I was still in Harry's room. My arm slowly and carefully reached over to the other side of the bed to see if Harry had come back. All I felt was emptiness and coldness making my hand pull back.

Harry never came back. I didn't know whether to feel relieved or worried. Had he come back, saw me there and left to sleep somewhere else or had he just never come back?

The worst scenarios started invading my mind making me even more paranoid than usual.

" Harry's fine" I whispered to myself.

Harry was a big boy. He knew his surroundings, he grew up here.

I picked myself off his bed and immediately went to my bags. I changed the clothing I was wearing from the night before and into some jeans and a T-shirt. It was going to be a long plane ride back meaning that I wanted to be as comfortable as possible.

As I zipped up my suitcase, m thoughts were interrupted by Jess.

" Harry!" she shouted outside the door.

Shit. I wasn't even supposed to be here.

" I know Cailin's probably in there cause she's not in her room. I just need her right now" she said quieter through the door.

I unlocked and opened the door to see her with her usual smile. But her smile slowly faded as she looked at my face. I hadn't thought about looking myself in the mirror before getting dressed. My eyes were probably puffy from crying so much the night before.

" Hi" I said looking back at her.

" what happened?" she demanded as she pushed passed me and into the bedroom.

" Harry's not here" I said in a quieter tone.

Jess stopped roaming around the room and looked back at me.

" what happened?" Jess asked then looking down at my packed suitcase.

" we broke up and I'm going back home" I answered.

" the hell you are. It's Christmas Eve!" she protested.

I closed the door in order for no one to hear our conversation.

" we got into a huge fight, Jess. I broke up with him so I'm the one who can't stay here" I shook my head.

" I thought you guys had made it official by kissing in front of the paparazzi. I saw the pictures online!" Jess exclaimed.

The pictures. I hadn't even thought about that. The media was going to be all over it and I wasn't prepared to deal with it all. It scared me to go home alone now. People were going to come after me because of it.