The Realm

Av Defender18

They existed to guide the creations on earth. They were doing well until worldly actions dragged them down. T... Mer

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1: The Iron Lady
CHAPTER 2: Pledge or Repel?
CHAPTER 3: Act Normal!
CHAPTER 4: The Announcement
CHAPTER 5: Apprentice Tamara
CHAPTER 6: Who Killed Merriah?
CHAPTER 7: Commander Alexandria
CHAPTER 8: The Warrant
CHAPTER 9: Nathaniel, Son of Merriah
CHAPTER 10: Pionner Kairo's Apprentices
CHAPTER 11: She's Back from the Dead!
CHAPTER 12: Vigilantes!
CHAPTER 13: Hestia
CHAPTER 14: Her Last Night
CHAPTER 15: In the Court of Alexandria
CHAPTER 16: The Celestial Hierarchy
CHAPTER 17: The Gala
CHAPTER 18: Blinded
CHAPTER 19: Alliance in the South
CHAPTER 20: Queen of the Realm
CHAPTER 21: The Courts of the Realm
CHAPTER 22: The Alignment
CHAPTER 23: Shoot!
CHAPTER 24: Die!
CHAPTER 25: Welcome Back!
CHAPTER 26: The Portals
CHAPTER 27: Curiosity Killed Him!
CHAPTER 28: The Dragons of the Realm
CHAPTER 29: The Civil War
CHAPTER 30: The Takeover
CHAPTER 32: Sabrina, Redeem Yourself!
CHAPTER 33: Past and Present
CHAPTER 34: Katarina of Antares
CHAPTER 35: The Keepers of the Realm
CHAPTER 36: The Misty Forest
CHAPTER 37: Theon

CHAPTER 31: The Diary

16 3 0
Av Defender18

(Cassandra's Point of View)

"Chances are unlimited; however, we only have one shot to make this miserable life of ours great." She would always tell me that whenever I commit mistakes. Her wisdom never failed to guide me each day. I missed her, and I regret that the last moment that we shared was chaotic. I really cannot understand myself since that incident that changed our lives. Deep inside I know why; but, whenever I would think of it, things start to blur. So, I know, inside of me was a monster that slowly puts my sanity in vain.

"She stood by me against all odds. Thus, I will do anything to return her deeds for me."

"What?" Sabrina asked me.

I did not look at her annoying face anymore. "Nothing," I replied. "We really have to arrive at the Capitol first."

"Why not send General Rob a message?"

"That's a good suggestion," I sarcastically said. "You'll be going to put this mission in vain if we do that."

Lucas who was sitting butted in the conversation. "She's right, Sabrina."

"You arrived here an hour and a half before we did, right?" I asked them.

"That's correct," Alexandria finally spoke after an hour of thinking and silence. "Why?"

I was not able to speak for a moment. Her tone seemed angry. I knew by the way she speaks and looks at me, she has something for me. She was mad at me. That's fine for me. It was not yet the right time to reveal the secret that I have. Silence filled the atmosphere.

"Are we just going to wait here?" Sabrina talked again.

"The constabularies will impose maximum tolerance," I told them. I made sure that there will be zero casualties during the fiasco unless the second party insists to use force. If that happens, there will be more reason for the regression to take place. He is silent in the Kingdom of Heaven. His silent times are His working moments.

From being seated, Alexandria tapped the table so hard. "The Hive," she said. "Dominic will take the Hive first to control and mingle with the affairs of the outside nations."

"The more conflict and chaos they will experience, the faster the process of regression," Lucas said. "The portals are also in danger, once he put both the Capitol and the Hive in his hands."

I began to walk, following the length of the table. Edge to edge, I walked. As I move, I let things flow inside my brain. At that moment, the troops of both parties are already prepared for a bloody debacle. I was worried sick. Then, I thought what in the world are we doing in the basement? I am the pioneer; I have to do something in order to save the Realm in this mess.

A phone rang. It was Alexandria's, as I saw her pick it. "Yes?" she said. Based on her tone and facial expression, the topic was somewhat very serious. There are times that she would look at me, and she would slightly cover her mouth as she talks with her voice, lower. I seriously observed her.

Lucas stood from being seated. He approached Alexandria. "What's the matter?" he asked the commander. She looked in reply, signaling that she was not yet finished talking with the person over the phone. Her conversation with the person over the phone took almost ten minutes of her time. "It was Sebastian," she told Lucas as she put her phone inside her pocket.

"What happened to Sebastian?" Sabrina asked.

On the other hand, I remained silent. It felt like I was an outsider that they can kick out of that basement we were in. Ideas of finally collaborating with their plan began to stir in my mind. I focused on thinking about it. Will they trust you, my dear? A gentle voice tested me. You have to tell them about the diary; it will help you gain their trust. I sat in the chair and leaned my head on the table. I closed my eyes. "Stop, it's not yet time!" I shouted inside my brain.

My focus went out of line when they began to raise their voices over their argument regarding Sebastian. I tried to regain my concentration; however, the noise was too much.

"He is in trouble, Commander Alexandria," Sabrina raised her tone.

"Can you stop being a baby," Alexandria shouted. "I'm sick and tired hearing your voice which speaks nothing but nonsense. It only makes things worst."

As I opened my eyes, I saw Lucas tapping the back of the commander as she gently rubbing her palm on her forehead. Sabrina, on the other hand, sat again. She did not utter any word.

"I'm sorry," Alexandria approached Sabrina. She smiled at the commander. She fixed her posture. "We have to move, Sebastian is still in the Capitol, and he needs our help," she told us.

"What's with Sebastian?" I asked them.

"It's none of your business," Alexandria replied.

"I'm already here, so I'm already part of that business, whatever it is." She just rolled her eyes. "I have what they want." I finally considered telling about the diary.

"What?" Lucas asked me.

"Tell me what happened to Sebastian first."

"That's nothing," Alexandria told me.

"Then why are you freaking out?"

"He is currently being sized by Dominic's men," Sabrina replied. "He's probably a prisoner as of now."

"Okay, my turn. It's about your sister's diary, Merriah's diary."

"What's with it?"

"It has the key to the portal that will reveal the Realm to the world."

"What?" Lucas was shocked.

"Are you serious?" Alexandria began to carry the aura of a bothered person.

"Do I look like joking?" I smirked.

***

(Sebastian's Point of View)

There were five men, probably from Sumatre, who were chasing me. I was catching my breath. I cannot get out of their sight no matter how fast I run. Until I found an opportunity to hide and breathe clearly. I immediately grabbed my phone out of my sling bag and dialed the commander. I was panicky when I told her my situation. She kept of telling me to keep calm. She was keeping me cool for a couple of minutes. Suddenly, she asked about the diary.

"Where is the diary?" Commander Alexandria asked me through the phone.

"I have it in my sling bag."

"Can you open it?"

"I tried; but, it's DNA-locked. I cannot see its contents."

"Okay, we'll go after you. Stay safe," she told me after I turned the phone off.

I began to wonder, are they after me or the diary? I looked around. After that making sure that the path was safe, I started to walk. "Thank you," I said as I put my sight above. I took the diary out of my sling bag for one more time. I cannot see it clearly because the light I had that moment was not enough. It was dark, but not too dark because of the moon. It had a golden case through which made it reflect light and a little bit heavy. There was a buckle at its side which had a fingerprint sensor.

"Why are you making things so hard for me?" I asked it as if it was going to answer back. I put my thumb on the sensor a hundred times; but, it won't open. I was at the moment when I was about to hit it on the first hard thing I'm going to see on my way. But, an idea flashed inside my mind. What if it self-destructs if I hit it so hard? Or, on one hand, it would open and reveal its contents.

I stopped. I saw rocks on the side of the street. I picked one. Instead of hitting it on a hard thing, I planned to hit it with a hard rock. Just before, I hit it, I was electrocuted and passed out.

***

(Tamara's Point of View)

That night was like the night when I escaped from the Capitol to seek refuge in Hestia. After Sebastian called us, all we heard was the engine of the train. We were heading to Lumeria to mobilize Alexandria's troops to the Capitol. I stared at the window. As I focused, I saw myself which lasted for a second. I had so many questions in my mind. But, the mystery that covers my father's disappearance bothered me the most. I already know what they know, their point of view. I cannot accept those facts. For all I know, the truth can be bent for the benefit of the person who is telling it. My father cannot bring such disgrace to the Realm. I know it with all my heart.

"Tamara?" Daniel interrupted me from my thinking.

Tears rolled in my checks. "Yes, Daniel?" I asked him. I wiped it with my palm.

"Why are you crying?" he asked me.

"It's nothing. Don't mind me."

The eyes are the windows to the soul, they say. I saw Miguel as he stared in the window. Those sad eyes made me theorized that he was thinking of Mika. I know how hard it is for him to go a mission when he knows that the only person he has is in jeopardy.

"She'll be alright, Miguel." He looked at me and said no word.

"Let me just check out things outside," Daniel asked for permission. After that silence filled the place. A few minutes later, he came back. He was worried.

"This train cannot pass through Sailendra," he said.

"Why?" I asked him.

"Cassandra's troops block the railway under their territory," he replied.

Given the situation, we decided to take a stop when the train rested at Naturia. I stayed awake for the things to come. If Sailendra was serious in blocking the incoming train, then it's already taking place.

"Indeed, that woman has a good tactic. I looked up to her for as long as I can remember," Miguel told us. "

I tried to comprehend what he meant; however, I failed. "What do you mean?" I asked him out of curiosity. He did not talk for a while. Even though I wanted to know what he meant, I cannot force him to talk. I'm not that kind of person. I looked at Daniel, and he was eager to know too. So, we waited until he was ready to speak.

"Pioneer Merriah started this."

Author's Note:

Hey! I'm back!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

77.1K 2.9K 31
On angel wings he hauls you into hell where his master waits. Can you escape their clutches? Or will you lose your soul to the flames? You're a norma...
10.6K 1.1K 63
ONC 2023 Shortlist @YARomance Undiscovered Book of the Month (January 2024) Featured on Wattpad's HighFantasy, StoriesUndiscovered (May 2023), Dange...
87 2 9
Waking up face down in mud sucks any day of the week. But coming around in the sludge of a strange realm...? Well, that just redefines a bad day alto...
34.6K 1.6K 70
Imagine awakening with amnesia. Most would lose their mind and our Main Character is no different. Though he handles it better than most, his curiosi...