The Street Child (Min Yoongi)

Bởi Monstahoe

"I still don't understand why you took me in." "Don't you get it? It's because I'm in love with you." • • "Y... Xem Thêm

Introduction
Author's Note
Cast
Chapter 1: The Origins
Chapter 2: The Thunderstorm
Chapter 3: Commencement
Chapter 4: Delineation
Chapter 5: Extrication
Chapter 6: Indemnity
Chapter 7: Acquaintance
Chapter 8: A Blast From The Past
Chapter 9: At Last
Chapter 10: Hysteria
Chapter 11: Symposium
Chapter 12: Enmity
Chapter 13: Exoneration
Chapter 14: Resentment
Chapter 15: Vexation
Chapter 16: Torment
Chapter 17: Despondency
Chapter 18: Disinterred
Chapter 19: Discombobulation
Author's Note
Author's Note: Part 2
Chapter 21: Affinity
Chapter 22: Clandestine
Author's Note: Part 3
Author's Note: Part 4
Chapter 23: Vehemence
Chapter 24: Inception
Chapter 25: Assuage
#Expose Yourself Challenge
Chapter 26: Lamentation
Chapter 27: Desolation
Author's Note: Part 6
Chapter 28: Agitation
Chapter 29: Desensitized
Chapter 30: Umbrage
Chapter 31: Repudiation
Chapter 32: Convalescence

Chapter 20: Trepidation

147 19 24
Bởi Monstahoe

Yuna's P.O.V:

A shuffle of feet and a sharp noise made me crack my eyes open, slowly groaning at the blinding light. I looked towards my left to find Yoongi standing beside me, staring intently at something gripped in his hand. A photo frame.

A photo frame of me and Joshua.

All my sleepiness instantly vanished and I sprang up from the bed, snatching it out of his tight grip. Taken aback, he snapped his head towards me and immediately took a few steps backward, the back if his knees colliding with the bed.

"I-I was just taking a look," he stuttered, flustered at being caught off guard.

"I didn't expect you to wake up so soon," he muttered, suddenly interested in his shoes.

I gritted my teeth and sighed.

"How many timed have I told you to not touch my things without my permission?"

Yoongi fixed his meek stare on me, and fiddled with his thumbs.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled guiltily.

My heart melted instantly. I bit my lip, scolding myself at being so hard on him. After all, what was the harm in just looking at a photo frame?

But I realized that the problem wasn't the photo; it was the person in the photo. I knew it would lead to questions that I did not wish to answer.

I inhaled sharply and slumped down tiredly on the bed.

"No, I'm sorry."

Yoongi's eyes widened slightly at my whisper. He chewed his lips anxiously. I finally mustered up the courage to meet his eyes.

"I'm sorry I'm acting like such a douche bag. You don't deserve this."

Surprise overtook his gentle features, and he stepped forward.

"I-It's perfectly fine. I understand that you don't want strangers going through your personal stuff. I absolutely respect that. I apologize for being nosy."

I laughed lightly, and offered him a smile.

I stood up, hugging the frame to myself, and walked towards the other side of the bed. As I leaned down, it pressed hard into my stomach, and I flinched, a startled gasp leaving my mouth.

Yoongi was standing beside me in a second, his features contorted in concern.

"What happened? Are you okay?"

I bit my lip, trying to stifle the pain in a weak attempt as another wince left me.

His hands clasped around mine, unfastening them from around my abdomen. He hooked his fingers in the hem of my shirt, and stared at me.

My breath hitched in my throat as I dreaded his next move.

Slowly, he tugged it upwards, exposing the bare skin. His hand landed on my stomach, his calloused hands lightly trailing the warm skin.

"Yuna. You have bruise."

He looked at me questioningly.

"Where did this come from? It's faded. When did you get hurt so badly?"

I screwed my eyes shut, cursing myself at my inability to keep quiet. I uttered another wince as he lightly pressed down upon it.

"It still hurts. What's going on, Yuna?"

Drinking down the throbbing sensation, I forced a tight smile on my lips.

"It's nothing. I bumped into the table at the cafeteria a few days ago," I said assuringly.

Yoongi narrowed his eyes.

"A table won't give you such a huge and painful bruise. What is it, Yuna?"

His fingers ran over the large, grey mark covering half of my stomach, tickling me; my muscles tensed.

"Tell me, Yuna. Please," he whispered.

I closed my eyes.

*Flashback starts*

"Joshua! I'm home!" I called out, informing him of my presence.

I didn't receive a reply, so I trotted up the stairs to his room, thinking he must be washing up.

Creaking the door open, I peeked inside. To my surprise, I found him standing near his shelf, his back facing me.

"Joshua...?" I asked anxiously.

He slowly turned and walked towards me. I took a sharp breath as my eyes landed on his face.

A small forehead giving way to a gently slope of a small, button nose, his defined eyes were swollen with unshed tears. His glistening cheeks gave away the path his tears had taken, as his thin lips trembled.

"Yuna? Is that you?" He whispered, cocking his head to the side.

I trudged forward, nodding.

"Yes, Josh. It's me," I smiled.

His lips tugged down as they wobbled, and his eyes let loose the array of tears that he had been holding back. He stretched his hands out to me, and I immediately ran into them, wrapping mine tightly around his quivering frame. His face pressed into my neck and I felt his warm tears.

"I-I'm not feeling g-good, Yuna. I-I was sitting here and I felt someone standing behind me. But when I looked back, there was no one there. C-can you check for me, p-please? I thing t-there's someone in m-my room," he whispered in a scared voice, taking rapid breaths.

I closed my eyes and stroked his hair slowly.

"Sshh. Don't worry. I'm here now. There's no one in your room. It's just me. Just us."

He pulled back and grabbed my biceps.

"Can you c-check, please?"

"There's no one, Joshua."

His hands started shaking me.

"Can you please check if there's someone in the room, Yuna? I think there's someone watching us," he breathed.

I looked at him desperately. How could I make him believe there was no one there? I took his moist face in my hands and caressed his cheeks.

"Joshua, baby. There's no one in the room. I promise."

His eyes widened and his grip on my hand tightened to an extent where it became too painful. I squirmed in his clutch, feeling panic arise inside me.

"I told you to check. Why aren't you checking? Do you think I'm lying?" Joshua's words started coming out angry.

I tried to calm him down my rubbing his back, but he jerked my hands away.

"Do you think I'm lying?"

His quiet voice held an ominous ring that made me halt. Joshua stared down at me, a forlorn look on his eyes.

"Do you think I'm a liar?" He whimpered, sniffing.

"I'm not lying, Yuna. I promise I saw someone. I swear. You believe me, don't you? Don't you, Yuna? You believe me, right?"

My mouth felt like parchment, like someone had sucked all the moisture inside. I found myself unable to form words, unable to tell him that I believed him. My mouth opened and closed, struggling to utter something.

At not receiving an answer, Joshua's soft eyes blazed up with fury. His lips promptly curled up in a sneer, and he seized my arms.

"You think I'm lying? YOU THINK I'M LYING?"

His spit flew in my face as he hollered, and with a large tug, he threw me to the ground. I smashed into the bed, and the corner dug inside my stomach. All the breath got knocked out of me for a moment, and black spots covered my vision. A gasp left my mouth and it opened up in a silent scream. Joshua kneeled down in front of me and roughly grabbed my face in his sweaty hands.

"I'm not a liar, Yuna. I said I saw someone in the room. You should have believed me. Why didn't you believe me?" He snarled.

The furiosity drained out of his face, and a gentle look replaced it. His hands retracted to either side of my face as he softly stroked my tear stained cheeks.

"Why didn't you believe me, baby?" He whispered.

I sobbed in response, and his eyes widened. He snatched his hands away like they had been burned, and crawled away from me.

A wave of relief washed over me as I saw the sane look return in his eyes. His hand flew up to his mouth as he saw me sprawled on the floor, clutching onto my stomach. Gradually, he scooted closer to me, his eyes searching my face.

"Oh, God. I'm so sorry, baby. Did I hurt you? Did something happen to you? Why are you sitting on the floor? Why are you crying? What happened?" He ran his hands all over my face, wiping my tears and kissing me.

"D-Did I do this to you?"

His dread filled voice and the petrified look on his face shattered my heart into a thousand pieces. He raised his hands to his face, and stared at them.

"I'm a monster."

I shook my head, trying to reach out to him, but he moved away from me.

"I'm a monster. Don't come closer to me. I'm a monster. I'm a monster."

He covered his ears and rocked back and forth, muttering the same thing again and again.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry."

All I could do was sob.

*Flashback ends*

My eyes flew open and I crumpled onto the floor. My breaths came fast and short. Everything around me seemed to move in a blur slow motion. Yoongi's cries entered my ears, and I groped around for him. I found his hand and intertwined our fingers, bringer it closer to myself for some kind of reassurance.

"Yuna. Yuna, look at me. Are you okay? Yuna!"

I raised my head and looked into his terrified eyes.

"I-I..."

Yoongi was panicking, desperately staring at me for some kind of explanation.

"What's wrong, Yuna? What's going on?"

I gulped and placed my hands on his shoulders. He leaned in closer to me, expecting me to say something. But I didn't.

Instead, I pressed my lips tightly onto his.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

839K 51.5K 116
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
1M 38.6K 90
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
159K 7.3K 28
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
163K 4.9K 51
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...