The Infinity Coven Trilogy_A...

By nabiilah25

She knew he meant trouble. Yet she loved him. When seventeen-year-old Quinn Sophia Richards leaves New York t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25

Chapter 8

770 362 71
By nabiilah25

It was a beautiful suite, the decor a range of different shades of mauve, from amethyst to deep eggplant color. Scatter cushions adorned the huge king-sized bed, making it a comfortable place yet lavish. Deep purple carpet, a thick rug on the polished oak floor, pale orchid bedspread, wallpaper comprising all the mauve shades imaginable—it was a gorgeous room, decorated with a woman's comfort in mind. There was even a range of luxurious perfumes on the silver mirrored dressing table, as well as an expensive-looking brush-and-comb set and last but not least a walk-in closet. Her bedroom in New York was glammed-up but compared to this suite, it represented nothing. The bedside lamps were lit, creating a cozy atmosphere.

"How's this?" he asked. "Magnificent!," she exclaimed.

 "I'm just a bit shocked that the powerful prince of shadows even owns a purple guestroom." He frowned, slightly amused, but said nothing. "I expected darker shades or classic black and white." She yawned tiredly but still looked around in awe. 

Slowly, he lowered her on top of the bed and then stood for a moment, letting his eyes travel the length of her body and back up again. Suddenly maintaining self control was difficult, even for someone as mighty as him.  He wanted her even if she happened to be a Campbell witch.

"Bathroom's through here." Dravon opened another door. Quinn settled on the bed, feeling the exhaustion of moving in a new town, her witch origins and the infinity bonding episode tonight, all threatened to consume her. Unable to resist, she closed her eyes and drifted to sleep.

Dravon stood near the edge of the bed and spent the next hours watching her sleep, taking in every detail of her face, of her body. The way the soft glow of the bedside lamp cast shadows on her cheeks. She looked delicate and fragile when asleep. He was drawn to her peace, like shelter. He stepped forward, covered her with the soft purple bed sheet and dropped a feather kiss on her forehead.

"Sweet dreams, amore," he whispered. With great effort, he suppressed the urge of staying with her and made his way to his own suite.

***

Later on that blue moon night, somewhere deep in the woods inside a hidden cursed cave blocked by dark magic, laid someone pure evil. Gradually, he opened his eyes for the world again. He had waited so long for this — eighteen whole years wasted, away from humans, locked by powerful spells in an underground cave.

Thankfully, the blood of the seven infinity circle members spilled in the woods had broken his curse. The prophecy had begun and he was the vital part — the destroyer.

He would have everything he was deprived of in the past — the infinite powers, Blue Haven to rule but most importantly the last Campbell witch herself. He would extract all his revenge on her. After all, she was the last heiress of their powers — the same powers who had killed him savagely.

But he was back now due to the pact he made with demons. Of course, sacrifices needed to be done, these beastly demons were hungry for innocent souls. He needed to satisfy their insatiable hunger to stay alive this time. And he will sacrifice anyone to gain the ultimate powers of the prince of the Shadow world.

He pictured the image of the nephew of the powerful dark wizard, the relative of Saul Blackwell— Dravon Blackwell : the one who accidentally achieved immortality two hundred years ago. He did not know him but Morgade knew him too well. After all, he is the one living the life that he so long craved— the life as the ruler of the Shadow World. He will snatch everything now that the prophecy had started and live his life. 

After the blue moon, the existing ruler's powers start to fade unless he inverses his cursed fate as he did. But he'll make sure such an incident doesn't occur.

He took languid steps and moved out his still twenty-five year old body away from the cave. He adored the fact that his body remained intact for eighteen years without any trace of aging.

Once in the quiet woods, he stopped, closed his eyes, inhaled the pure fresh air and let the cold breeze shuffle his black hair.

It felt nice to be alive again.

Time for hunt and Campbell witch, be ready for my wrath, he thought mercilessly.

***

Quinn stretched her body lazily on the bed after that crazy weird night. She felt a hot breath on her cheek.

"Good morning, sleepy head," a familiar voice muttered.

Quinn opened her eyes to stare into those of Dravon. He was occupying the left side of the bed, watching her. He was exceptionally breathtaking with a light grey shirt and ripped black jeans that morning. Her heart began to beat erratically at the gorgeous sight of him. Flushed, she looked away and sat up on the bed.

Dravon moved closer, sat up behind her and set his hand on her shoulder. He pushed away some curly locks of her hair to expose her bare neck. In front of them stood a large mirror reflecting every movement they made. Quinn loved the way they looked good together.

He bent his head to her ear. He could smell the scent of her hair as his lips voiced seductively. "Congratulations redhead, you're now officially a member of the Infinity coven," He gestured her to look at the mirror closely and she loved what she saw. On her bare neck displayed a beautiful similar tattoo like the rest of them. Her hand moved automatically to touch it.

"Now, for my ground rules." Quinn swallowed hard. She should have expected he would have rules of his own. She was ready to refuse them all knowing his commanding nature, but she was secretly intrigued. She wanted to know what he demanded from her.

"As a member, you are entitled to protect and respect other members. In return, you will be given the same importance and protection." His thumb stroked her neck. "But most importantly, I want full obedience from you. You won't ever contradict my decisions," he kissed the tattoo on her bare neck. She couldn't refrain from arching her neck and encouraging more.

Quinn gulped a deep breath. She finally became one of them. But the full obedience part? She wasn't going to let this man — or any man — master her. "Following the rules has never been my strength," she said.

"You'll learn to follow the lead," he said, rearranging her hair so that it covered the new mark.

Quinn flinched. "I'd better hurry up for high school," she said, moving away from the bed. She run a hand on her creased clothes as she stood examining her reflection in the mirror.

"Ten minutes. Go freshen up," he instructed, then whooshed away.

Dravon glanced at the gold antique vintage  pendulum clock and strode to the door leading to the bathroom. He was not used to waiting for a girl. They followed his schedule and didn't cause any inconvenience. Quinn needed to learn that she was no different. He would not give her any special treatment. "Quinn, I'm not a patient ruler. It's time to leave."  

Another long minute passed by.  "Quinn?," he snapped. 

Quinn opened the door hesitantly and he stared at her nervous face. "I have to go to Helen Deveraux's place to get ready. I didn't find anything to my liking to wear."

Dravon closed his eyes and sighed deeply. He was unaccustomed to dealing with this kind of situation.

"Now," he said, more briskly, "if you want, shall we go? You surely don't want to miss school." It was more a statement than a question.

He opened the door and ushered her outside. Quinn felt energized and ready for anything. The blood running in her veins was magical, giving her tremendous power. She felt different and radiant.

Dravon passed through the luxurious corridor in long strides. Quinn stumbled in her heels as she tried to keep up with him. He run down the stairs, turned back and beckon her to do the same. She followed him downstairs and was surprised when she didn't see the butler opening the main door for them. Instead Dravon himself did. 

They went out the door and to the waiting 1970 black mustang car outside.

"How many cars do you have?,
" she asked as she climbed into the front seat.

"A few," he answered, opening the glove box and took out a bar of chocolate snickers.

"Here, I'd figured you must be hungry." He handed her the chocolate bar which she accepted willingly.

"Hmm, I'm actually ravenous," she murmured, as she tore the packaging and took a big first bite. Dravon watched her as she devoured the entire chocolate, then put the engine to life and drove off. Later, he pulled over to Helen Deveraux's house. Much to her surprise, the door was left semi-open.

Quinn slammed the car door and rushed inside. She was worried about her grand-aunt now. Even if they were not blood-related, she cared about her and most importantly, she was Byron Richard's relative. And she owed them big for the lavish lifestyle they provided her.

Again, her granny's bedroom door also happened to be wide open. Quinn wondered where her grand-aunt's strict companion, Bertha, who occupied the house was. She padded inside to find her profoundly asleep in the antique bed. She had lost her shine in her face and looked rather pale. She hesitated whether to stay there or leave when she sensed a warm presence behind her. She raised her head and darted a swift glance behind her.

Quinn felt Dravon's firm steady hand come to rest on her shoulder. "Go freshen up," he instructed again. "I'll take care of her," he whispered in her ear.

Quinn nodded in gratitude and went to her room for a quick shower. Then she hurriedly put on a casual black dress, wore on mascara and was busy painting her lips red when she noticed Dravon's reflection in the mirror. He leaned against the door, strong arms folded on his chest, sapphire blue eyes intently studying her as she got ready.

She wore red heels and gathered some needy things, then threw them in her berry red bag.

"Here, I'm ready," she said as stood in front of him with satisfaction. Even with six inches high heels, Dravon was taller than her. She saw the way his eyes darkened with desire as they gently rested on her curves.

"Let's go," he said.

*** 

A light rain was falling in Blue Haven. Normally the sound of rain falling on her metal rooftop patio had a calming effect on Jade. Today, she regarded the rain more a nuisance.

She rushed outside, ran towards her mini pink car fumbling with the keys and trying to keep herself dry, she managed to unlock the car door when a car honk annoyed her. 

Jade spotted Ash's car from her windscreen and immediately wished she never did. Seeing Ash first in the morning was hellish. She was already in a bad mood because of Quinn yesterday. She hated the way Dravon took care of her. Was she jealous? Possibly! But now, she also had to deal with Ash, of all people on earth.

Ash waved at her, his face unusually serious and tense. Jade walked in the rain, not even bothering to keep herself dry. She banged his car door shut, then turned to face him squarely.  He looked nice in dark ripped blue jeans with a black shirt. He lifted one eyebrow questioningly.

"Well, good morning to you too Jade," he remarked as he drove off.

"What's so good about this morning?," she replied, sulking.

Ash sighed and examined her with a sideways glance. Jade looked pretty in her forest green dress with her glossy sandy hair. When she was angry, she looked more natural and beautiful. He preferred her that way.

"I know what's troubling you. Dravon and Quinn together. After all, you have a crush on him since I've first known you."

"Dravon won't do anything wrong. Sure, Quinn is hot but I don't think she is his type. Dravon just needs her for now, that's all," she explained, trying to console her mind against all odds.

"If you say so, Jadey."

"I know so, Ash!," she fumed. "Now shut up and drive."

*** 

"Damn it, I'm so late," Quinn said between breaths. She made long strides in an unreasonable speed, cursing herself every step she made with those heels. Why couldn't she for once in her life settle for flat sandals? She cursed herself one more time.

"Easy, mi amor," Dravon said, ambling behind her in the hallway. "You're only twenty minutes late," he reminded her.

"All because of you. Couldn't you just do that dark orbing or your usual whooshing thing?," she turned back and glared at his attractive face. "I bet I would have been on time."

He arched a dark eyebrow. "And risk being seen doing magic in full daylight," he mocked. "No chance." He shook his head in disapproval.

Just then they arrived at the English classroom and they both stopped. At that moment they just stood at the door, gazing at each other. Dravon gave her a brilliant smile and reached over to take her hand, interlacing his fingers with her own. Then he stepped inside without asking for permission with Quinn right behind her.

Mr. Sinclair disapproved of Dravon's way of entry but remained silent. Quinn glanced at the rest of the class between her long lashes who watched them in utter amazement and unconcealed curiosity. She spotted Jade who pulled a remorseful face, Lisa gave a wide smile at Jason while Ash and Shade bored their gaze on them, their disapproval apparent on their face.

"Easy on her Gabriel, it's her first lateness," Dravon said authoritatively. Mr. Sinclair wasn't foolish to mess with the founder's son.

"Just don't make it a habit like some students, Miss Richards," Mr Sinclair turned his attention to Scarlett who was green with envy now. "You may take your seat, Quinn," the good-looking English teacher amiably instructed. Dravon rested his gaze on her briefly, then hesitantly dropped her hand and kissed her on her cheek.

"Be good, Quinn," he murmured. He glanced at his other coven members, winked at them and left the classroom in languid steps. It took a heroic effort of will for her to keep her jaw from dropping, her mouth from falling open and the astonishment in her eyes. She turned scarlet red from all that attention.

Ignoring the curious gazes thrown in her direction, Quinn hesitantly took the empty seat beside Jade, hoping she wasn't mad at her. She understood that Jade adored Dravon and she wanted him to reciprocate that adoration. But Quinn couldn't help the fact that she wanted Dravon's attention too. Jade gave her arm a little shake, bringing her back to reality. She looked at her friend who crushed all her doubts about their friendship by giving her a huge warm smile.

"I'm glad you're okay Quinn," Jade muttered. She smiled back. "I'm glad too."

The rest of the class went without fuss, all thanks to Mr. Sinclair's amazing teaching abilities. They all seemed too focused to gossip about her and Dravon. But as soon as the bell rang, she became alarmed as she padded in the hallway with a strangely quiet Jade by her side. The other elites didn't waste time surrounding her despite the crowd of emerging students everywhere.

"So, did anything special happen last night after we had left?," Lisa queried. Quinn was taken aback at that question as it was unusual of Lisa to start a conversation. She normally was the quiet one. Did the girls switch roles today?, she pondered.

"Come on Lisa, obviously nothing happened. Dravon isn't the type to take advantage of a helpless girl," Jade answered for her. Quinn flushed and she abruptly looked away. She wanted to keep the moment they shared together that morning as a secret. At no cost was she willing to disclose the details as Jade will certainly be hurt.

"I really hope so Jade," Ash voiced out. He turned to face her. "If you have a thing for Blackwell, Quinn, you're seriously doomed." His face twisted and he closed his eyes. "He will only protect you like he vowed but love...never," he went on.

A line appeared between her brows. There was an intense chemistry between her and Dravon — something she had never felt before. The more her mind screamed danger, the more her body wanted to throw caution in thin air and be with him.

Jason shoved his hair back away from his face and studied his twin. "Give them space, Ash. That's their personal matter," he objected.

"Yeah, just drop it! Dravon hates people who interferes in his life," Shade pointed out.

Ash lifted his shoulder in a half shrug and leaned closer to Quinn so that only she could hear. "Do remember what I said, princess," he warned in a low tone. He backed away and strode away towards his locker. Jason and Shade gave them a quick smile leaving them on their own as they followed Ash.

Quinn also got separated from Lisa and Jade as they all ended up with different classes. But thankfully, they caught up with her in the cafeteria. They sat together without the boys.

She could hear other voices occasionally, from people who craved to be like them, people on the outside and Scarlett's ponytail group looking in. Mostly bright chatter and murmurs of admiration about how they were cool. She thought she heard her name mentioned.

... And then she focused on the words. "I heard she left her sick grand-aunt to be with Dravon Blackwell. What a cold-hearted bitch!" They sounded horribly loud and dear to Quinn, standing out against the background noise. She could feel her whole skin tingling with shock and she lost track of the latest movie Jade was narrating.

Who said that? Was it really about her? She didn't dare look behind her.

"-left her old granny all alone to spend a night with Dravon. So disgusting-"

This time the voice was so loud that it cut through the banter of Quinn's elite group. Jade stopped in mid-sentence. Lisa's smile faltered. An awkward silence fell.

Quinn felt a wave of anger that made her dizzy. Who said that? I'll kill them.

Just then, Dravon's voice echoed in her head.

(Calm down, Quinn. That's not the way to handle it at all.)

(But-)

(I said, calm down. Focus on your lunch.)

"I really hate rumors, don't you? I don't know what kind of people start them," Jade chanted.

"I don't know either," a new voice said. Quinn glanced up to see that Ash had approached their table, his face hard as he surveyed the table behind her as if looking for the person who'd spoken.

(Quinn, I've sent Ash to support you. I can't come right now. Just remember to keep your calm. You're a rising witch who can cause serious trouble if angry. So, keep your temper in check for me.)

How thoughtful of him to send help in such a situation! She had almost forgot amongst all those rumors that she could trigger dark magic through negative emotions. She felt as if a hand had steadied her. A deep pure gratitude rushed through her and a craving to be with him that made her bite down on her lower lip.

"I know Jade, the kind who's pretty sick and that should get a life," Quinn taunted, not furious anymore.

"Hmm, I believe Blackwell has justified my presence through telepathic conversation," Ash smirked. Quinn beamed at him and nodded.

"I believe the one who started and the group who has put around these rumors will be in severe trouble once Dravon finds out about it," Lisa implored, oddly focused. Quinn was amazed to see Lisa who was normally the pacifist standing up for her.

"That person must be insane to dare mess up with Blackwell and Quinn together." Ash's light-grey eyes were narrowed. He too seemed unusually serious today.

And then Jade decided to lighten the atmosphere by again narrating the horror movie she watched. Ash cracked jokes on how people could be silly enough to believe anything nowadays. Everyone just burst out in laughter, all pretending the other groups surrounding them didn't exist.

Dravon's voice again echoed in her head.

(Someone is in a jolly mood.)

(All because of you. If you hadn't sent for Ash, I don't know what I would have done.)

(Just say my name if you encounter trouble again, redhead.)

With that, Dravon cut off the telepathic conversation. It was cool to be able to hear his voice guiding her even if he wasn't virtually visible.

Quinn spent the rest of her classes in a blur together with Jade who firmly stuck by her side. She was grateful to have as a friend. All her New York friends seemed fake in comparison with the Infinity Coven members. Back in New York, she had many friends because of her luxurious lifestyle.

But with the blood-tied members, it was all in all a different thing. They all stood up and protect each other. She felt special to be part of them. Amazingly, she didn't hear any other rumor about her.

But her day wasn't over yet.

Just as they stepped in the sociology class, Quinn spotted Scarlett with her high ponytail seated with her other two blonde ponytail friends. The only seats available were behind them. She reminded herself to chill as it was her last class. And Scarlett wouldn't get the satisfaction of ruining her day.

 They settled themselves behind them with distaste. Scarlet turned back and gave Quinn an evil smile.

"How does it feel to know everyone's opinion about you, Quinn?," she teased. Her two friends also faced her, their expressions similar to the evil sisters of Cinderella.

Quinn gave them an icy look. Jade folded her arms on her chest and mimicked their expressions.

"I feel nothing Scarlett. You know why? Because you all simply don't matter." Quinn bored her eyes into the blue ones of Scarlett and reciprocated the girl's evil smile. The whole class was watching them now intently.

Jade chuckled. "You must be used to getting yourself humiliated, Bloom." But Scarlett full attention was on Quinn. She barely heard Jade's comment.

"I will ruin you Richards. Watch me." Scarlett gave her a black piercing look, enough to kill.

"I won't need to, Scarlett," Quinn said in a superior tone, unaffected by the crazy queen bee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

600 110 25
Although Damon's kiss was intoxicating, his love was a cure for me. He knew that when he kissed me, I would forever wed his unutterable visions to my...
134 7 11
Eve Mallory doesn't know who she is. With mysterious scars on her back and tattoos along her arms, she is at a loss of what has happened in her past...
2.2K 212 44
Seventeen year old Skylar Midnight always thought she'd been an ordinary girl; she knows exactly what to expect when it comes to a person with causal...
8.3M 196K 100
"WHY CAN'T YOU GET IT INSIDE YOUR HEAD?" He trapped my trembling body between his arms and slammed his fist into the wall. I flinch at the sound as I...