Lost in Wanderlust

By boot_books

{ Highest Ranking #35 in Humour } 1st Place Winner - The Blueberry Awards || 2nd Place Winner - The Hidden Ge... More

1. The Packing
2. Pillow Fight
3. The Beginning
4. The Hilarious Incident
5. The Flight Scenes
6. The First Day
7. The Safari
8. Panorama Route
9. Piece of POOPSHIT
10. Just Bonfire Stuffs
11. Are You On Stupid Pills?
12. To be 'Lost In Wanderlust'
13. You're a POTTERHEAD!!!
A/N
14. Eavesdropping is a bad habit!
15. Are you like checking me out?
A/N : BAD NEWS
16. Almost Dead
17. "We've Planned Something"
Tagged
18. Drakensberg Hiking Trail - Part 1
19. Drakensberg Hiking Trail - Part 2
20. Spooky Enough
21. The Creepy Cowshed
22. The Escape
23. Always Bounce Back
25. "We're Going Home!"
26. Parting Ways
27 - The Final Route

24. A Peak Into The Past

34 6 8
By boot_books

Life is not as terrible as we think. Sure it has it's downsides, but eventually, that's what we live for. To learn from our mistakes, to enjoy the one and only life that we have. So, live, love, laugh cause who knows what tomorrow holds for you?

"Well, here you go!" The car jerked and I heard the Driver. We got off the car and thanked the man for dropping us off and helping us.

We all took a breathe of relief and entered the hotel. The sweet fragrance of lavender was a bliss. No one said a word. We straight away went to our respective rooms. I guess the running and not having enough sleep took a toll on all of us. We were still feared. We were still scared. I opened our room's door scanning the key and walked towards the bed, dropping my trek bag on the way. I jumped on the bed and stretched myself. My eyes wandered to my left and I saw Aria and Jen doing the same. I gazed at their tired faces, turning my body to my left. I couldn't stop thinking about our situation. What did we get ourselves into? Why are these boys turning to be the reason we're getting in problems? Why do we need to do everything they say? I still remember the fight we girls had because of one stupid boy!

***

3 years ago

"Oh come Jen, tell me who is he?" I asked her for the 37th time. Yes, I'm keeping track of numbers. So, Jen has a special someone whom she can't stop thinking about and the best thing is that he has already proposed Jen, but she isn't telling us who he is. "Aria, can you at least pretend to help me?" I asked while Aria was reading some magazine. She let out a sigh and lazily walked towards us, shaking her head. Girl has some shit ass problems!

"So tell us Jen, who is it?" She asked with a straight face. As if she's gonna answer at once. I've been asking her since Morning! "Who asks such a question with a straight face like that Aria?" I said pointing at her face. She turned towards me and frowned bringing both her brows together. I just shrugged in return.

"Guys, please don't ask me. I know y'all be mad at me!" Jen finally opened her mouth.

"We won't be mad at you Jen, we promise." I said, meaning each and every word of it.

"It's..." She took a deep breath, "It's Jack. Jack Winston." It took me a little time to digest this. Jack was my ex boyfriend. We broke up six months back because it just couldn't work between us. I was quite depressed thereafter. I stopped talking to my friends and even Jen and Aria, but then I realized, why should I stop living my life? And then slowly, I got back on track. Now, I have no right to be mad at my best friend. I couldn't place my ex boyfriend before my best friend, so I just waved it off saying that it really doesn't matter if Jen wants to date him. And that, we both have moved on.

"Look, Sofia. I really won't date him if you're even slightly hurt." I saw the innocence on her face. "It's really okay Jen. I still love you!" And that's when I saw the light on her face. She was happy. I couldn't see my best friend sad. Not at least because of me. She deserved every happiness in the world. Besides, Jack is a good guy. Just not right for me. But maybe he could be right for Jen!

***

"Sofia, you ready? It's been 2 hours since you're getting ready!" Aria screamed through the locked door of my bedroom.

Well, it was the Snow Ball Dance in our school and I had to look the best. I wore a baby pink off shoulder gown which had net details and floral embroidery that enhanced my curves even more. With a subtle peachy makeup and my hair tied up in a messy bun, long diamond earrings hanging down my ears, I finally opened my bedroom door. I glanced up at Aria and we both said "Wow!" simultaneously while looking at each other. She wore a lovely mint blue gown with capped net sleeves and sweetheart neckline. She just had a touch of pink lipstick and her hair tied in a bun with a side parting. She looked gorgeous!

"You look so beautiful Aria. I love you!" I said while hugging her tight.

"So do you Sofia!" We pulled back and I looked for Jen but she was nowhere to be seen. "Where is Jen?" I asked.

"Oh, she texted me saying that Jack is going to pick her up and that she'll directly meet us in school!" Hearing Jack's name made me a little uncomfortable. But I thought that I have to get used to this. For Jen. So I just smiled and nod my head and we headed out to our school.

***

"I can't see Jen anywhere!"

Aria and I stepped in the Snow Ball Dance and were looking Jen but couldn't find her anywhere. As my eyes wandered, I couldn't help thinking that everybody looked great today. The girls had their their best dresses on while the boys were all suited up. The party was held in our school's Great Hall. It was a huge place built was functions like these. Sometimes also used by students to play any sport. Everything was bright and colourful. Right from the pretty balloons to the lighting and to everything in this party. The music was so soothing.

"Oh My God! Is that Laura?" I was brought back to my senses by Aria's surprising remark. Laura was our classmate and our school's most wanted girl. Erm, I mean most wanted by boys! She was known for changing boyfriends every two weeks. Her longest relationship was of two months.

"What?" I looked Aria and then gazed in the direction she was pointing at. "Ew, that actually is Laura!"

"Why is she locking lips with Eliot? Isn't she dating Farren? Is it two weeks already?" I let out a laugh. She really is an immature bitch! While watching the students dance to the music, my eyes fell on Jack and Jen who entered the Great Hall. They both complimented each other's outfits. Jen had a wonderful red gown which had floral embroidery. Her hair half tied up and half left loose. She looked stunning! Jack chose a plain white shirt under a red blazer. He has always looked quite hot.

"Jen! Here!" Aria squealed and Jen reached out to us. We shared a group hug thereafter.

"Hey Sofia!" I was taken aback by Jack's voice. "Hey Jack!" I replied hastily with an awkward smile. Jen then pulled Jack to the dance floor. Aria went on to dance with Kevin, her biology friend. And I went to the drinks counter. Well, not alcohol, but cold drinks! I was sipping onto the cold drink, watching students dance but after a few minutes, I couldn't see Jack anywhere. Jen and Aria were dancing together. Maybe, he went to the washroom. I then remembered I also had to use the restroom. Had too many drinks! I made my way towards the restroom which was besides the photo booth. I shook my head seeing the girls pose with their boyfriends licking each other's face. As I walked towards the restroom, someone pulled me into the store room. I was just about to scream but stopped when I saw that it was Jack who pulled me in. He shut the door behind him. I was absolutely confused. What was he doing?

"What the hell Jack?" The irritation in my voice said everything.

"I just want to talk to you Sofia. Please, just listen to me." I froze. My heartbeats raced by the thought of being alone with Jack. I don't know if it was nervousness or it was fear or LOVE! He took my silence as an answer for him to continue.

"Look, I know you're not comfortable with me being with Jen. I like her, I really do. But when I saw you today, I realized I still have feelings for you." I breathed heavily. I couldn't speak. He came closer to me and I couldn't move. "You are so beautiful. I don't know what happened to me back then when I broke up with you. Why would I leave a gem like you!" I listened to him. "I still love you Sofia!" He touched my cheek and it gave me chills. "This is not right Jack! We shouldn't be doing this. I will not betray my best friend." He didn't say anything but just brought his lips closer to mine and I couldn't pull myself, I just couldn't and we kissed. It felt heavenly. I know I shouldn't feel like that but I couldn't suppress my feelings. Just then, I heard the door open and my eyes popped out at seeing Jen standing there by the door. Tears sliding down her cheeks.

"Jen!"

****

A/N
Hey everyone, long time!
I've been a lot busy lately. No, not an excuse. It's just the truth.

So anyway,
Here's to make up. I'm gonna upload the next chapter right away! So go on, jump on to the next chapter!

Question of the day,
Are y'all enjoying the scenes of the past?

Until next time,
Read, vote, share, enjoy!

Love,
Boot_Books!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

136K 10.6K 64
✬ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 π”»π•’π•£π•œ οΌ† π•ƒπ•šπ•˜π•™π•₯ π•Šπ•–π•£π•šπ•–π•€ ✬ There is a crucial moment in one's life that determines the outcome of everything; well, as books and m...
857K 38.5K 57
Love isn't always enough. --- "Ahhh this is one of the greatest books I've ever read." - @hatersarelovers "I loved this book so so so SO much! I enjo...
249K 11.7K 35
[2021 WATTYS SHORTLIST] A year ago, Natasha packed her bags and hopped on the first train out of her hometown in Hampshire, England, leaving behind a...
79.1K 3.2K 30
Cadence leaves an abusive boyfriend after years of abuse. She wants to find love, true love, can't live without you love! Can she make it through the...