Exotic Butters(Hetalia High S...

By cocklesandmuscles

Hey quick author's note, please proceed with caution because this story is something I deem problematic. If y... More

Mischief and Mayhem
Young and Indifferent
On The First Day Of School
Therefore, Arthur Is Not Allowed In The Kitchen
Pandora's Box
A Note from Author Chan(Please Read!!!)
Fangirls and Fanboys are Everywhere...
Unlucky Events, But It Led To Something Wonderful~
Toni and Gil's Adventures!
Now All He's Missing Is The Maid's Outfit
The Green-Eyed Monster
The Calm Before the Storm
Til Death Do Us Part
Hangovers Are A Bitch
The Definition Of Perfection
And That's Exactly What He Got
All That Glitters Is Not Gold
Hopefully, Blood Won't Be Shed...
The Domino Effect
Promises You Can't Keep
Blood Is Thicker Than Water
Caught In A Predicament
Just Right

The 'Family' Visits

807 36 117
By cocklesandmuscles

In the morning, Arthur and Matthew were quite bored as neither Alfred nor Francis were there with them, but the kind nurse Elizabeta came to visit. Her happy attitude seemed contagious as her smile made both Matthew and Arthur smile as well.

She sat down in the empty seat that Francis normally sat in as it was the closest to her.

"How are you this fine morning?" She asked both of them, gesturing to the window like an actor would do in a Shakespeare play. The teens just shrugged, as if to say they were good. And no, it wasn't because of bad weather that they we're down. The weather outside was all sunshine and clear skies, but that made them more sullen since they couldn't go outside an enjoy the nice weather.

"You two look miserable today! I thought the sunshine would make you feel better!" The Hungarian exclaimed.

"That's exactly the problem. The weather is so nice, but we can't go outside..." Matthew told her, head hanging low.

"Oh come on you two, stop sulking! You know what? Why don't we play a game?" She asked.

"What kind of game? It better not be childish!" Arthur stated.

"Of course not. Let's play... Try not to laugh," she said, a smirk growing in her face.

"I think we'll win this. I'm in no mood to laugh," the Brit claimed, face blank.

"Oh, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna win. I've got a secret weapon," she told them and winked.

She got up and slowly headed towards them, still smirking.

Then she started tickling both of them, making the boys start laughing and begging for her to stop.

"You laughed! So I win!" Elizabeta announced and retracted her hands letting the males calm down from their laughter.

"Okay, okay, you win..." Matthew and Arthur agreed with her breathlessly.

The female laughed lightly and settled down into her chair again.

Now that the two were refreshed and happy, Elizabeta started talking to them about random subjects. She asked how school was for them, while they asked what it was like to work in a hospital and so on so forth. They continued talking for a while, till the nurse had to leave.

"It was so nice talking to you both!  Sadly, I've got to go now," she said as she checked the time on her watch.

"Thank you for visiting and taking time to talk to us," Arthur thanked her. Elizabeta smiled brightly at the duo and left the room.

Matthew and Arthur then started chatting to each other afterwards.

***********Time Skip!***********

A light knock on the door interrupted them from their conversation about life in their respective countries. Both heads turned to face the door, and in came a tanned woman with long, flowing black hair and coffee brown eyes. A small smile was on her face, but even if it wasn't there, you could see her eyes smiling brightly.

"Mom!" The Canadian exclaimed joyfully. The lady ran to him and pulled him into a bone-crushing hug. A trait which Alfred received.

"I'm so sorry I couldn't visit you sooner, I only got a break from work now," she told him, sincerely. Matthew nodded understandingly and smiled at her. She smiled back at him.

"Also your brother briefly mentioned to immediately visit you tomorrow, he said it was urgent but I don't understand. Are you sick?" She asked him, concerned. Matthew just shook his head, and that's when she noticed Arthur in the corner of her peripheral vision.

Her eyes widened when she saw him and her mouth fell wide open.

'He looks like...'

"Mom, this is Arthur, my new roommate. Arthur, this is my mom, Ayiana," Matthew said.

Ayiana couldn't help but stare, as much as that was rude. Arthur looked a lot like her sister. Was that just a coincidence?

"Oh yeah, and he's aunt Brittany's son," the blond added.

"I knew it! You look exactly like her! Wait.... what? You're Brittany's son?" Ayiana asked.

"Yeah..." Arthur agreed awkwardly.

"But... What happened to her? Why did she not contact me after that? How come I didn't know she had a son called Arthur?" She questioned.

"Um... Well... When I was born she-....  She died. Aoife said that a year before that was all problems for our family, so they couldn't contact anyone. Dad left after I was born and well... Yeah..." he trailed off unsurely.

Ayiana listened to the summary of the story with a pained look.

"That's awful to hear... You've never even seen her, huh?" Said the female sympathetically. Arthur shook his head.

"Ah! It makes sense now, why Alfred told me to bring in pictures!" She realised and pulled out a bunch of photographs from her bag.

She held it out in front of her in a way that both of the boys could see.

The first picture was of two teenage girls, one looked like Ayiana while the other looked like a female version of Arthur. It was probably his mother.

"This is me," she started by pointing at herself. "And this is your mom, Arthur," she pointed to the blonde and was proved correct.

"Wow, I do look like her," said the Brit.

Ayiana laughed softly, and agreed with him. She then proceeded with showing them pictures. From just the pictures, Arthur realised his mom was a well-travelled person, as many of the photos were of her in front of many famous landmarks and destinations. He also learnt that the two sisters were really close, and they did everything together as they were both in all of the of the pictures.

It was weird how much he actually learnt from just a few pictures. Huh, pictures really can speak a thousand words.

After she showed them the pictures, she asked Arthur a few questions about himself. The British teen answered all of them. Arthur asked a few questions back, about his mom and about their history. Meanwhile, Matthew was listening to both sides quietly.

At around 3 the twins' mom had to leave.

"She was a great woman, your mom was. She was the greatest big sister a girl could ask for. And everything about you reminded me of her," the American told him with a warm smile before she was about to leave. She patted him on the shoulder and gave him a quick hug before returning to Matthew's side again.

"Your brother said he will come to bring you home today, okay sweetie? I'm sorry I can't make it, but I'll be home by 8," she told him.

She got to the door, but before she opened it, she turned around once again.

"Oh yes, and you can visit us any time, Arthur. You are my nephew after all! Matthew will tell you where we live," she said happily, then opened the door and left.

"She's a very nice woman," Arthur told Matthew, to which the blond nodded.

"Yeah, she is," he agreed with a smile.

The pair talked for the remaining hour they waited for Francis and Alfred.

An hour later, as suspected, they heard faint talking outside, a sign that people were coming. It didn't seem like two people though. Maybe that was because it was vague. Although, as it was getting louder and louder by the second, they heard more than two voices. Then suddenly, the door was practically kicked open and a familiar albino stepped in.

"The awesome Gilbert Beilshmidt is here!" He shouted, looking proud. He then collapsed by Arthur's bedside and shouted, "NO! Why did this happen?"

"Gil? What are you doing?" Arthur asked the Prussian(still not sure if it's supposed to be German, but I think I'm gonna keep it as Prussian)who was kneeling head down beside him. He still didn't raise his head and he was shaking.

"I'm not dying, you know," the Brit informed him sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

"I know. That's exactly why I'm crying," Gilbert told him and raised his head with a cheeky smile and a wink, to show he was just joking and was not actually crying.

Arthur smacked him upside the head and pouted like a tsundere.

"Wow, Gil stop it. Cut the guy some slack," Antonio said and smiled, trying to suppress his laughter, as he walked into the room behind Gilbert.

After Antonio, in came a grumpy Lovino, looking like he was forced to come(which he probably was), an obviously cheerful Feliciano, who was literally skipping into the room, a stoic Ludwig walking in like a soldier, Alfred stomping inside like he owned the world, and finally, a guilty looking Francis trudging in reluctantly.

As soon as he saw Francis, Arthur glared daggers tipped with poison at him. The French teen probably noticed his fury as he looked up to meet his eyes, which was a big mistake as Arthur looked like he was going to kill him.

"Heh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to tell them, they forced me to!" Francis pleaded.

"Sí, he's right. We asked him where you were and he said he didn't know but it was suspicious, so we kept on asking questions and in the end he finally gave in and told us," the Spaniard agreed.

"Either way, you are all here," Arthur said, getting a "ve!" as a(weird)answer from Feliciano and a grunt from Ludwig.

"True. But anyway, how did you manage to get into a hospital while cooking? You gotta have been really bad at cooking for that to happen," Gilbert asked as he plopped down onto the side of his bed, crossing his left leg over the other.

"Um... I don't really want to talk about that, okay?" Arthur tried to avoid the topic. Just thinking about it eroded his pride.

"We can't just drop the subject! I wanna know more!" Alfred enthused as he sat down in his seat by Matthew.

"I... " Arthur trailed off. Everyone's eyes went to him expectantly. He started getting nervous as eight pairs of eyes bore into him.

"Guys, leave him alone, he said he doesn't want to talk about it!" Matthew defended him, for which Arthur silently thanked him. Everyone stopped staring at him and kinda groaned in defeat.

"Anyway... " Gilbert started and tried to come up with a different topic. He then finally spotted Matthew.

"Who's that?" He questioned and pointed at the Canadian.

"Oh, this is Matthew! My brother that I mentioned, remember?" Alfred answered.

A series of "oh"s,"ah"s and "oh yeah"s echoes through the room.

"Well, you didn't mention he was so hot," the albino stated with a smirk, winking at Matthew. The North American blushed at his action.

Alfred frowned disapprovingly and sort of put his hands out in front if Matthew as is to shield him.

"Relax! It's just the truth, no need to get your pants in a twist," Gilbert said.

The others started to laugh, while the twins' faces both turned a light shade of scarlet.

Gilbert got up from the edge of Arthur's bed and walked over and sat down onto the side of Matthew's instead. He resumed his cross-legged position and started talking to the Canadian.

"Aaaanyway," Lovino said, extending the a part to emphasise the word. Everyone stopped staring the the Canadian and Prussian and eyes went back to the rest of them.

"Why are we here again? Can I go home?" He asked plainly, earning a light smack to the shoulder from Antonio.

"Lovi! Be nicer!" The Spanish male scolded, which the Italian looked indifferent to.

"No, he's got a point. Why are you guys here? To make fun of my misery?" Arthur asked.

"No! We just came by because you're our friend and your ill, so we came to visit!" He replied.

"Isn't that right Lovi?" He asked the male beside him.

"Whatever," Lovino answered nonchalantly and start down in a chair and pulled out his phone.

Antonio looked to Arthur with an embarrassed smile; Arthur looked back with an unimpressed look.

"Never mind him. He's always moody like this," the Spaniard admitted.

The remaining six continued talking, though the only ones actually enjoying the chat was Antonio and Feliciano. Ludwig didn't care either way, Arthur was annoyed and wanted them to leave and Francis was too busy getting scared by the looks Arthur was giving him.

"Ve! I want some pizza..." Feliciano stated randomly a few minutes later.

"Do you want to go get pizza then?" Ludwig asked.

"Sí!" The Italian replied happily and the two left the room.

"And then there was three," Arthur said with a slight smirk. Thank the Gods that everyone was slowly leaving or getting distracted. Maybe he could get all of them to leave! Then he'd have peace and quiet at last! To 'talk' with Francis....

"I'm gonna go to McDonalds, anyone coming?" Alfred queried as he got up to leave. That sparked a light bulb in Arthur's mind. His idea was a long shot, but it might work if the Spaniard was stupid enough to believe him. It's worth a shit, right?

"Hey Toni? You like tomatoes right?" Arthur asked innocently, to which the Spanish male smiled brightly.

"Oh yes! I love tomatoes!!! They're my life!" He exclaimed, receiving a glare from the South Italian.

"Oh, my second life, after my precious Lovi of course!" He added, which caused Lovino to look back to his phone, and slightly blush.

"Well, I heard McDonalds released this new item! It's a box of tomatoes!" Arthur stated. Antonio would have to be really stupid to believe him, so he didn't get his hopes up too high.

"Oh my God, really? Alfred! I wanna come with you!" The brown haired boy said and ran happily to the door where Alfred was standing.

Lovi, you're coming too!" The Spanish male said and dragged the Italian forcefully out if his seat.

"Why do I have to come?!" The victim asked sulkily.

"Because your my life right? You don't want me to cheat on you with tomatoes, would you? He teased.

Romano just grunted. Then reluctantly agreed to go with him. Alfred however, was confused.

"Um, you know there's no-"

"Alfred! Come here!" Arthur ordered, interrupting him before any info was leaked.

"What?" The American questioned when he got to him. Arthur beckoned him down, and whispered in his ear.

"Don't tell Antonio that there's no 'tomato box' okay?" He explained.

Alfred looked like he was considering the idea, then smirked at him.

"What's in it for me? I can just tell him there's no such thing as a tomato box right now. So what's my end of the deal?" He asked. If he was gonna keep a secret, then he should at least be given something to do so.

"Okay, okay. I'll buy you anything you want from McDonald's once I'm out of this hell hole. Deal?" The Brit asked.

Alfred nodded vigorously with a bright smile.

"Also try to distract him and take up most of his time so he'd have to go home, got it?" He asked, and the blond nodded again.

"Good. Now go," Arthur said, shooing him away. The Spaniard and the American left the room, leaving a busily chatting away Gilbert and Matthew, a revenge plotting Arthur and a scared out of his wits Francis.

Arthur stared blankly at Francis for a while, and Francis stared back frightfully. It was actually scarier to see him with no emotion on his face than anger somehow.

"I'm really sorry, by the way. I didn't mean to tell them.... Well, now I realise those two are really persuasive," he apologised, and chuckled a bit to lighten up the mood. Arthur's face didn't change.

"I... Um.... How are you feeling? Better?" Francis enquired with a nervous smile. Arthur still held a blank countenance and did not answer.

"Are you angry?" The French teen asked, scared for the answer.

"Angry? Why would you think that?! I'm not angry!" The British blond finally answered.

"Oh thank God! For a second I thought you would be really...mad... at.. me... " Francis trailed off when he saw Arthur's face form into one of anger.

"I'm not angry. I'm livid," Arthur explained.

"Oh, well, um... I really am sorry.... It's a hard secret to keep, you know? They kept asking me if I knew where you were. You'd only understand my pressure if you were there yourself," he described.

"I mean... Why are you so against them knowing anyway?" Francis asked curiously.

"It's just... It's the humiliation... The embarrassment of them knowing I got into this mess because of a stupid cooking accident," he admitted.

"I think I understand... I would be embarrassed too... Probably more so since, not to brag or anything but, I'm quite a good cook, if I do say so myself. And you.... Well... " the French started.

"There is nothing wrong with my cooking, okay?!" Arthur defended.

Francis just looked at him with a worried face.

"Fine, my cooking is bad. Really bad," The Brit gave in.

"That's okay! Admitting you're bad is the first step to getting better. Maybe I could give you some cooking lessons sometime," the French male proposed when he saw the younger boy's forlorn look.

"Really? That would be great! I-I mean, I guess that's okay. Thanks..." He mumbled, blushing.

Francis laughed, and messed up his hair like he always does. Arthur shoved his hands away and pouted like he always does.

"So the first week is free because I'm nice, and after that is $500 per week," he added, which shocked Arthur. His chartreuse eyes widened and his mouth fell open.

"I'm just messing, I'll teach you for free, okay?" The French said and closed the Brit's mouth for him. The British blond blushed brighter.

Before he could retort something back, the door was slammed open and in came a very angry Antonio being held back by Lovino, and an embarrassed looking Alfred tailing behind them.

"It's only been a few minutes! How did you three come back so quickly?" Arthur whispered to Alfred.

"Once he saw there was no... 'Tomato box' on the menu he ran out. I didn't even get to buy what I wanted!"

"Also, that idea is really stupid, it sounds so silly! Antonio was an idiot to believe you,"Alfred finished off.

"I know that. Oh and I'm not buying you anything you want from McDonald's now. You didn't keep him away for long enough. You can get one burger and that's it," Arthur told him.

"Aww, seriously? You're awful." Alfred sulked.

"Be happy that you at least get a burger. I'm being nicer than usual," Arthur stated.

"You lied! There was no tomato box!" Antonio cried.

"Oh really? Silly me, it must have been a mistake. I'm terribly sorry," Arthur said, kind of mockingly.

Antonio was furious. The 'apology' only made it worse.

"You were trying to trick me, weren't you?" The Spaniard asked.

"Maybe." Arthur answered simply, with a small smirk.

"Money. Now." Antonio ordered, a hand extended before Arthur.

"Why?" The Brit asked.

"Because you were the one who tricked me, and now I'm craving tomatoes so you have to pay for it. Literally," he said.

Arthur waved his hand threw the air and pretended like he grabbed something then placed the 'something' into Antonio's hand.

"Oh well then, here's $20 for your tomatoes. That's plenty of money. Happy now?" Arthur asked sarcastically. Lovino, Francis and Alfred snickered in the background.

"This isn't funny! I want real money!" Antonio wailed.

"Tonio, I didn't know I was coming here when I came here, so I didn't bring my money, my phone, clothes or anything else. Go ask someone else for money," Arthur stated and crossed his arms over his chest.

"Hey Francis. Money," Antonio turned to the blond beside Arthur and ordered the same request.

"Why me?!" Francis questioned.

"Because you're his boyfriend and he's your responsibility. Now give me money."

"WHAT?!?!" The two blonds chorused, and blushed beet red.

"Come on! We all know there's rock hard chemistry between you two. It's only a matter of time till you get together," Lovino added with a smirk.

"Yeah, and in the meantime, give me some money,"Antonio demanded.

Francis sighed in defeat and dug through his pockets and pulled out a note.

"Here. It's $10. It's plenty for your little tomato problem," Francis said and begrudgingly handed the money to Antonio.

"Well then I'm out. Come on Lovi, let's go get some tomatoes!" He said and grabbed the Italian as he headed out happily.

"So since he's gone does that mean I get something else from McDonald's?" Alfred asked hopefully.

"No. You didn't do your job right, young man! That means no 'whatever you want' from McDonald's," Arthur scolded him.

"Aww....." Alfred trailed off, trying a cute dog face to change Arthur's mind.

"No means no. And sad puppy eyes don't work on me, Alfred," Arthur stated.

Alfred huffed and went off to the chair beside Matthew's bed.

"Wow, you know how to get your point across and be firm about it, huh?" Francis congratulated him.

"You'd be a great mother one day," Francis added silently with a smile, but loud enough that Arthur caught it and blushed bright red.

"What do you mean by that?!" He shouted.

Francis just laughed lightly and ruffled his hair as he always does when he spotted Arthur acting cute as hell.

"Ve! We're back with pizza for everybody~!" Feliciano stepped into the room followed by Ludwig who was carrying a big pile of pizza boxes.

"Wow, that's a lot! Are you sure we can finish it all?" Matthew asked as he and Gilbert stopped talking and stared up at the tower of pizzas.

"Leave that to me! I'll finish everything in a few minutes!" Alfred stated proudly, hands up on his hips and standing tall, looking like a super hero.

"No you won't! I want the pizza too!" The Prussian exclaimed and stood up, looking like he was challenging Alfred to a duel of who can the eat most pizzas.

"Oh it's on..." Alfred said, smirking.

Gilbert smirked right on through and then the pair ran towards the stack of pizzas.

"Fee... I-I can fit mow in my mouw," Alfred claimed as he stuffed his face.

"No... I can go b-bettew than you," Gilbert objected as he silently choked on the pizza.

"I swear, if there was no proof that he was eighteen and my older brother I would imagine he would be five," Ludwig stated, exasperated by Gilbert's behaviour.

"Same here. Alfred looks like a teenager but his mental age is three," Matthew added to Ludwig's comment about their brothers.

After a long while, Alfred and Gilbert finished more than half the pizzas and couldn't continue. There was like 5 boxes left, so Matthew, Arthur, Francis, Ludwig and Feliciano ate the rest of them in peace.

When Antonio and Lovino finally returned, it was time for them to leave. This time, Matthew had to leave as well so that meant there was no one for Arthur to talk to. After a bunch of farewells from them, Lovino was first to leave, muttering about how useless this trip was, Feliciano followed afterwards, practically skipping out, Ludwig followed after the Italian like a soldier, Gilbert trailed after the German and finally Alfred and Matthew, the Canadian leaning in his brother for support as they slowly walked out the room. All that was left was Francis.

"I'll come pick you up tomorrow at 7, okay?" Francis told him as he was about to leave.

"Okay," Arthur replied plainly, eyes looking far away as if he was daydreaming.

"You're listening right?" Francis waved his hand in front of Arthur's face to get his attention back.

"Oh sorry, what were you saying?" The Brit questioned.

"I said I'll come at 7 tomorrow to pick you up," the French teen repeated.

"O-okay," Arthur said.

"Are you okay? You spaced out for a second there," Francis asked worriedly.

"Yeah, yeah, fine." Arthur assured, but his mind was swirling with lots if different thoughts.

"O... kay... Well, um...see you tomorrow!" Francis stated and got up to leave. He looked back anxiously at Arthur who looked out of it and was staring blankly at the wall in front of him. He shook it off and decided it was probably because he had no one to talk to, and then left. He didn't have a clue about what was going through Arthur's mind.

This chapter was the worst chapter I've ever written... I rushed it at the end because it's been like two weeks since I published a chapter, and I felt so guilty. The whole story of this chapter is just.... It feels as though I put no effort into it. I'm sorry for the readers who have read through this piece of hell and I promise(J-Hopefully) that next chapter will be better.

Hopefully. 😅

Also, if you we're wondering why I don't add accents for any of the countries, it's because, honestly don't like them. When I read the accents, some are cool, like Germany's or France's, but I don't like Sweden's(sorry Sweden!)and it just ruined accents for me. I would usually skip Sweden's part because it was too hard for me to decipher. I don't want my readers to feel that way, so I wanted to exclude all the accents, even the easy to understand ones. I'm sorry if you like the accents, but I really can't write them.

Until next time!

Yin~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.6K 677 20
"Sometimes I think of the Sun and Moon as lovers who rarely meet, always chase, and almost always miss one another. But once in awhile they do catch...
1.2M 48.1K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
4.7K 206 13
You don't know how you got here or why you are Yuki Cross. This anime that seems to be more and more like an actual reality. One that is so vastly di...
673K 15.1K 44
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.