Crossed Paths (A Dramione Sto...

Galing kay CiekaMalfoy

Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley has always had affectionate feeling for each other since the first time t... Higit pa

Prolouge
Another Train Ride
At the Room of Requirement
And then it Happened
Now or Never
Confessions
Ron's Grudge
Friends and Forgiveness
An Evil Side Against Love
Halloween Night
The letter
Forever and Always
Quidditch
Astoria Greengrass
Back at the Burrow
This Christmas
CiekaMalfoy's Note:
Chapter 17: Secrets

Malfoy

4.1K 88 26
Galing kay CiekaMalfoy

With a nasty but sweet fight from Ron about Malfoy …

(Which he is really really jealous, not to mention that this is a DRAMIONE Fanfic)

With a nasty but sweet fight from Ron about Malfoy, Hermione headed to their common room on the 3rd floor, near the painting of an old hag who looked like she’s been sneezing forever, escorted by Ron, Harry, Ginny, Luna and Neville, who were holding hands and looks like they were never going to part.

“I’ll miss the bossy girl with books in the Gryffindor common room,” said Harry.

Hermione smiled at them, Ron merely looked at her and rolled his eyes.

“Ron! It’s not my fault I need to sleep here!” she shouted.

Ron smiled and pulled her close. “I miss you already.” He said, holding her hand tightly.

“I’m not gonna die Ron, I’ll just live in another dormitory.”

“Yeah, with that nosy little ferret, like we hadn’t much trouble with that git.” said Ron bitterly. “I mean, it’s not the same without you in it.”

“I’ll always be there, promise.” Hermione gave a final smile and turned to leave.

“Can I have at least a hug?” Ron said then walked toward her and hugged her tightly.

“Potter! Weasley! Granger! Weasley! Longbottom!  Lovegood!” a voice shouted.

Ron and Hermione quickly parted when they saw professor Slughorn at the other end of the corridor.

“And may I ask what are you all doing here?” Professor Slughorn said as he comes near them.

“We were … we were just …” Neville started.

The portrait of the sneezing lady opened revealing Draco Malfoy inside it. He looked at all of them for a moment, catching Hermione’s eye.

“Its okay, Professor, Potter and his friends were just ah, visiting Granger.” He said without the slightest trace of lie in his cold voice.

“Very well, I must admit that all of you were very close friends. But Miss Granger, you are Head Girl; you shouldn’t go getting your friends out of bed.”

“It’s just for tonight, Professor.” She lied.

“Very well, very well.” He said, waving his hand. “Off to bed now, all of you, before I change my mind and take ten points from Gryffindor and Ravenclaw.”

Ron and Hermione exchanged a glance before Ron turned heading to Gryffindor Tower.

Malfoy pulled Hermione inside and closed the portrait door.

“Thanks, Malfoy.” She said.

“Don’t mention it, Granger. To tell you the truth, you are Head Girl.” He pointed.

“I know that.” She said merely.

“Where have been, then?”

“Room of Requirement.”

“What’ve you all doing there at this hour?”

“It’s none of your business, Malfoy.”

“C’mon Granger, I’m only asking.”

She looked at his grey eyes for a moment, looking at the warmth she had never seen before in his eyes. Malfoy was smiling down at her, most unusual for him for she usually finds him insulting.

“I’m going to bed.” She said

“Goodnight.” Malfoy whispered as she closed the bedroom door.

Hermione did not bother to turn on the light in her room. She grabbed a nightgown at a closet where her robes lay and lied on her bed. Sighing at the thoughts which played on her mind. Maybe she’d write in her diary tomorrow just to make her feelings clear.

She closed her eyes and slowly, drifted to sleep.

Hermione woke up with a soft tap in her door. She opened her eyes slowly seeing a dim light from her window. The sky was still clearly not clear because of the rain from yesterday. She was confused at first of what she saw, expecting to see her in the Girls dormitory up the Gryffindor Tower.

Then all of a sudden, she remembered she were in her own bedroom down at Heads Dormitory.

“Granger, lessons starts in an hour. You better wake if you don’t wanna be late.” said the sneering voice of Malfoy outside.

“Okay, thanks.” she replied.

Hermione tried to get up but found herself slopping back down to her bed. It was quite an exhausting night last night. Being in the room of requirement and all, but she was quite glad Malfoy knocked in her door to wake her up, well, it was like he was concerned about Hermione not being able to go to lessons in time.

She smiled at the thought and went to the bathroom, took a fresh bath, and was halfway on wearing her school things when the same soft three-time knock, tapped on her door.

“Granger, would you mind if we go to breakfast together?”

What’s up with Malfoy? She thought.

She hesitated for a moment then sighed.

“Okay.”

“I’ll wait for you then.”

Hermione was quick on putting on all of her clothes and all of her things on her bag though she had no idea why. One point is, she would be seeing Ron in the Great Hall, she missed snuggling him back at the Burrow.

“Shall … shall we go then?” Malfoy’s slightly shaking voice said.

Hermione nodded. They walked out of their common room with an awkward silence within them. They were not used of being together, everyone knows that. Now, Hermione wonders what would happen during their Head Student duties, being friends with Malfoy isn’t really on top of her list.

“Malfoy,” Hermione started. They stopped at corner of the Great Hall.

“Yes?” said Malfoy, turning to face her.

“I, Errr, ahhh, just want to thank you for waking me up this morning.”

“Don’t mention it, Granger. Besides, I just want someone to walk with this morning.”

“Oh, err yes.” she mumbled.

 “Shall we enter then?”

“Yes, yes I think we should.”

They entered the Great Hall together, eyed each other for a moment then walked to their Hose tables before anyone could notice them.

“Hermione, what the bloody hell are you doing with that ferret?”

“Good morning to you too, Ron!” said Hermione grumpily.

“Answer my question, Hermione!”

“Yeah, Hermione what were you doing with that git?” Harry interrupted as Hermione sat down and grabbed some toast.

“Were Head Students!” she said irritably. “There’s nothing wrong if we talk isn’t it?”

“Going to breakfast together is wrong.” said Ron darkly.

“Students,” Professor Flitwick’s little voice said. “Come over here for your schedules, Prefects and Head Students! Little help here!”

Hermione stood up quickly then strode over to Professor Flitwick, after giving the Gryffindor seventh years their schedules; she went back to Ron, Harry and Ginny.

“Hey, look! We got that Padilla girl for first period and Flitwick. Lunch! My favorite and double potions!”

“I can’t believe I’ll say this but yeah, I miss Snape.” Harry said sadly “Right after I saw what he sacrificed, if only I knew.”

“Yeah, it’s all very sad, Harry.” said Hermione.

“C’mon we better get going if we want to get to Transfiguration.” Ron said, Hermione could sense he wanted to change the subject before it arrives again on Fred.

She looked at the Slytherin table ‘accidentally’; she couldn’t help see what that git Malfoy was doing, to her surprise Malfoy was staring at her. They eyed each other for two seconds then he looked away pretending to start a conversation with Blaise Zabini.

“Hermione, come on!” Ron said pulling her hand and dragging her to the hall.

“No need to drag me, Ron! I can walk thanks.” She said angrily.

But Ron held her hand tighter actually squeezing it until they’ve reached the Transfiguration classroom.

“Sit with me,” he said darkly. They sat in the middle of the classroom. Hermione glared at him while she was taking out her book while Ron focused his eyes on the table not even glancing at Hermione.

Finally, as the class settled the new Transfiguration teacher came in.

“Good Morning class.” She said as she entered. Hermione turned around to see a very pretty witch in purple robes with rosy cheeks and brilliant blue eyes. She looked stunning in the way she said ‘Good Morning’ and no doubt her lips smiled the way it matches her twinkling eyes. Her long blond hair reaches her hips, making her possibly even prettier.

“Good morning.” They said in chorus. The witch smiled again.

“Welcome to Transfiguration class.” She said eyeing the students. “I am Professor Cieka Pevensie, but I’d rather prefer you call me Professor Cieka.”

“Yes professor,” they mumbled.

“Wands out, books down,” she said. “Take your bags, were going outside.”

The class mumbled excitedly as they hid their books and stood up to follow Professor Cieka.

She led them to the stony path just across the part of the lake were Harry defeated the Dementors on their third year. They stopped just in the banks were there were trees and huge rocks in a pile.

Hermione looked at Ron to start a conversation but found him already in a conversation with Harry.

“Class!” professor Cieka called. “This year is your N.E.W.T. year. Which means the result of your tests or grades for this year will be the ones you’ll be relying to once you leave Hogwarts and get a job. So, for all of you who had passed on their O.W.L.s in Transfiguration, I am telling you that Transfiguration are one of the hardest parts of magic ever known.” She said clearly which made the class over an excited silence.

“I am here, to teach you about this complicated piece of magic.” she tapped her wand in one of the stones and in front of their eyes, it suddenly turned into a large white dog.

The dog barked and ran around the whole class with excitement over it. It stopped down at Ron’s feet and sat there looking up at Hermione. Hermione moved down and patted the dog’s head it howled sleepily and turned again into a giant rock.

“I need you to follow just what I did.” Professor Cieka said. “Now, One – two- three; Canisilous”

The class moved to the pile of rock with their wands out tapping and waving and tapping and saying –more like shouting, in Hermione’s opinion – out loud. In the end, only Hermione managed to turn her rock into a nice little poodle. 

“Alright, alright! CLASS !” professor Cieka shouted. They all fell silent. “Alright, time’s up. We would be continuing this le-.”

There was a loud- BANG! Then Ron was on the ground with his rock barking madly and continuing to run in three legs making the class shout. There was another loud –BANG! And Ron was now standing pointing his wand at the direction of the running rock but instead hitting Dean Thomas on the arm.

“Ron! Stop it!” Hermione shouted. Ron quickly lowered his wand. There was a loud –BANG! Again and Dean Thomas was in the right state and the howling rock were once again a rock.

Professor Cieka was breathing heavily and clutching her heart as though she was about to faint.

“Alright –huh- let’sgobackinside.” She said quickly and withdrew a long breath.

They walked silently up the castle. Ron was in a very bad mood and threw it to Hermione after Charms class. Like professor Cieka, Professor Flitwick started the class with a quick word about N.E.W.Ts and spends the lesson reviewing all he taught starting first year to sixth year.

“GODAMN IT HERMIONE! Just stop speaking about all that bleeding dog of yours!” Ron shouted angrily at her in the Great Hall. All the other houses turned to look at what was going on.

“I’m not saying anything, Ron.” Hermione mumbled.

“Ron, Hermione was just talking about Crookshanks.” said Ginny.

“OH REALLY?! Do I look like a fool to you?” Ron shouted.

Harry stood up. “Ron, stop it. Sit down.” But Ron did not sit down.

“You think I didn’t see you stare at that FERRET THIS MORNING?”

Hermione’s eyes widened. “Ron! That was nothing, it was only …”

“ONLY WHAT?!”

“What do you want me to say, then?! You know what Ron?! BEFORE YOU SHOUT YOU COULD ASK ME QUIETLY AND NOT BLURT IT OUT IN THE GREAT HALL!”

Hermione shouted heavily and stormed out of the Great Hall leaving everyone else staring at her. She walked quickly up the Potions classroom that was up on the second floor, thinking heavily about Ron being so jealous of Malfoy when he hasn’t even done anything. She was up the stairs when she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around and saw the hem of a green and silver tie disappearing behind a gargoyle.

She entered the classroom just in time to see Professor Slughorn getting ready for class.

“Oh, hello Miss Granger!” he said with a smile.

“Hi Professor.”

“You’re early, I wasn’t expecting you before Harry and Rupert enter the classroom.”

“It’s Ron, sir.” She corrected.

“Oh, yeah, whatever. Comr’e dear girl, have and take a look at this potion.”

Hermione peered out on the cauldron and saw a dark purple liquid swimming in it.

“Could you guess what it is?”

“That’s Ginneko, a potion that could make you happy. One pinch of it and you’re the happiest person alive.”

“Very good, very good! Ten points to Gryffindor before class even starts.” Professor Slughorn said delightedly.

The door opened revealing Draco Malfoy and the rest of the Slytherins entering the classroom. Draco was staring at Hermione directly which made her eyes look at him. They stared at each other until Malfoy winked and looked away. Hermione blinked and looked at him curiously. She was still watching him when the doors opened revealing Harry, Luna, Neville, and Ginny entered. They sat at the row in front of Hermione and Neville and Luna at her back.

“Where’s Ron?” Hermione whispered to Harry as Professor Slughorn settled the class down.

“Dunno, he stormed off after you left.” He said in reply.

Hermione looked at him and stared down at her cauldron. What’s up with Ron anyway? She hasn’t done anything but look at that ferret.

Tuh! He’s just overreacting about something again! She thought.

That git, always thinking about himself! I mean, it’s not my fault Malfoy’s always looking at me!

Yeah, but you wouldn’t know about that if you weren’t staring down at that little ferret too, you know. And Ron wouldn’t notice. Another voice in her head answered.

Shut up! You’re only going to confuse me!

Okay! The voice said.

“Signs of madness, talking to your won head.” Hermione mumbled quietly not knowing that Harry was staring at her.

“Don’t worry, Hermione. He’ll be here.” Harry comforted. Hermione only nodded.

But as the class went on, Ron did not show up. Nor he was at dinner. It was until they came up to Gryffindor tower that they found Ron curled up in a corner clutching his wand very tightly making his spot fill with a very strong smell of perfume.

“Ron,” Hermione said gently as she approached him.

He eyed her angrily. “What?”

“Ron, just please, stop being mad at me.”

“Oh yeah? Why?!”

“Because I haven’t done anything wrong!” she snapped.

“Yeah right, more like Voldy being an angel.”

“Ron! Just stop it! Hermione’s not doing anything!” Ginny shouted.

He rolled his eyes “Fine, whatever.” He said then went to the boys dormitories without glancing back.

Hermione was in the verge of tears.

“Hermione, Hermione …” Harry started.

“If I ever get ahold of him, I’m going to stick his wand up his throat and hex him with every spell I know!” she said angrily.

“Hermione, I think Ron was just upset.”

“Upset about what exactly?!”

“I don’t know …”

“Tell him I don’t want to see him again!” she said then exited the portrait of the fat lady trying not to spill her tears until she was safe in bed.

They’re common room was empty when she entered. It was either Malfoy was outside or he’s inside his room. She walked quickly on her bedroom and started to write about her potions essay resulting to writing all about her feelings and swears on her tear tracked parchment. She sighed heavily and slumped off to bed.

There was a knock on her door a few minutes later.

“Granger?” Malfoy’s voice said.

Hermione ignored him pretending to be asleep.

“Granger, can I talk to you?” he continued to knock.

“Granger!”

“what?!” she said irritably.

“Want a cup of tea?”

“No!”

“Oh, come on!”

“What do you want?!”

“Someone to share my tea with.”

“Piss off, Draco!”

“Well that’s just mean!”

“Oh really? Since when did you heard of the word ‘mean’?”

“Since you called me a ‘foul loathsome evil little cockroach’”

Hermione bit her lip. That was what she said when he punched him in the nose. He still remembers it? Well that’s … Draco?

Hermione stood up and opened the door.

“That was five years ago.”

“Five years of pain in my nose for that punch.” He said then pushed Hermione through the bed making them sit down.

Hermione giggled.

“Does this mean you accept the tea?”

She smiled “Accio tea!” then two cups of tea zoomed in on Draco and Hermione’s hand.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa